PDA

View Full Version : Richard Seymour Placed on PUP List

Trackstar
07-25-2007, 04:49 PM
Just saw it on ESPN news. However I can't find a link to post. I'll post it as soon as ESPN or someone posts it.

That is a major blow to their front 7.

Dirtywater
07-25-2007, 05:36 PM
That is a major blow to their front 7.

I am not so sure you understand the Training Camp PUP list.

Trackstar
07-25-2007, 06:25 PM
I am not so sure you understand the Training Camp PUP list.

I'm sure I do. He can still be activated at any point during pre-season. Once the season starts, if he is till on the PUP list, he has to sit until week 6.

My point is that he will not be able to participate for quite some time. Either way you look at it this will have a negative affect on the defense.

NativeFloridian
07-25-2007, 10:37 PM
this is bad for NE, good for us

TBW12
07-26-2007, 03:20 AM
LOL! This is no big deal at all. Kelly Washington was on the same list and was activated off it Wednesday.

Aqua4Ever04
07-26-2007, 04:25 AM
Everything on their defense funnles through Richard Seymour. I know it's early, but losing him for any amount of games is huge for the Pats. In that 3-4, he's their X-factor on D, sort of like JT to us.

Trackstar
07-26-2007, 08:19 AM
LOL! This is no big deal at all. Kelly Washington was on the same list and was activated off it Wednesday.

Bro I hate rain on your parade but once a player is injured to the point they are placed on the PUP list, you can expect the problems to linger for a long time.

Kelly Washington is a bad example. He's been injury prone since college.

TBW12
07-26-2007, 01:49 PM
Yes we all know how many games Richard Seymour missed last season, right? And the huge amount of lingering problems he had because he was placed on camp PUP list?

I mean he must have missed 5-6 games with some training camp injury, because he was on that same Camp PUP list LAST season. Oh wait, that's correct. His injuries prior to the start of the season were a non-issue. Very likely because there were none. Which I suspect is the case this season.

And he held out at the start of 05 camp. Seems to me he looked pretty damn good in 05 and 06 despite missing the start of camp. And in 06 he missed the start for the same reason he's going to miss the start of 07. Move on Dolphin fans, this is a non-issue.

Roman529
07-26-2007, 02:08 PM
Yes we all know how many games Richard Seymour missed last season, right? And the huge amount of lingering problems he had because he was placed on camp PUP list?

I mean he must have missed 5-6 games with some training camp injury, because he was on that same Camp PUP list LAST season. Oh wait, that's correct. His injuries prior to the start of the season were a non-issue. Very likely because there were none. Which I suspect is the case this season.

And he held out at the start of 05 camp. Seems to me he looked pretty damn good in 05 and 06 despite missing the start of camp. And in 06 he missed the start for the same reason he's going to miss the start of 07. Move on Dolphin fans, this is a non-issue.

Denial is not a river an Egypt. Old age and injuries will prevent the Pats from doing much this year. :boohoo:

TBW12
07-26-2007, 02:15 PM
Denial is not a river an Egypt.
Pot, meet the kettle.

Dirtywater
07-26-2007, 02:47 PM
The whole pointof placing them on the PUP before Training Camp atarts, is that you can take them off anytime. But once Camp starts, they have to miss games.

TB is correct. We did the same thing with him last season. You guys are confusing the timing.

Tai Mai Shu
07-26-2007, 03:13 PM
Seymour was also on PUP at the start of 2006 training camp.
He ended up missing 13 practices before suiting up for his first workout.

PUP don't mean squat...

TBW12
07-26-2007, 03:14 PM
If players remain on the PUP list by the final roster cutdown Sept. 1, they must stay on it for at least the first six weeks of the regular season.
Seymour, the highest-profile player on the list, was also on PUP at the start of 2006 training camp. He ended up missing 13 practices before suiting up for his first workout.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2007/07/25/seymour_on_pup_list/

JT#1
07-26-2007, 04:08 PM
*sigh* the pats do this every dam year, they put half their team as questionable and they never miss a game.

rdhstlr23
07-26-2007, 04:25 PM
I don't think this is a very big deal at all. Seymour will be ready. That defense will be ready. That Oline better be ready when we play you guys...:)

finfan54
07-26-2007, 08:39 PM

Kelly Washington will end up cut.

TBW12
07-26-2007, 11:19 PM
Kelly Washington will end up cut.

That has nothing to do with the point being made.

Trackstar
07-27-2007, 10:08 AM
I think the Pats fans are right, this may be no issue at all. I'm just used to seeing players (on the Dolphins) that are injured from the start then never seeming to be able to produce for some time.

TBW12
07-27-2007, 02:28 PM
I think the Pats fans are right, this may be no issue at all. I'm just used to seeing players (on the Dolphins) that are injured from the start then never seeming to be able to produce for some time.
Interesting how your entire opinion changes in under 48 hours.

Trackstar
07-28-2007, 03:44 PM
Interesting how your entire opinion changes in under 48 hours.

Don't even start! I still think it's a concern when a player is injured going into camp especially when it's a key player, so in that regard my opinion has not changed.

On the other hand, this is most likely nothing to worry about now that I have more info on Seymour's reason for being on the PUP list.

TBW12
07-28-2007, 04:53 PM
Don't even start! I still think it's a concern when a player is injured going into camp especially when it's a key player, so in that regard my opinion has not changed.

On the other hand, this is most likely nothing to worry about now that I have more info on Seymour's reason for being on the PUP list.
:rolleyes:

But I tried telling you it was no big deal you still insisted that it was. The next day, it no longer was. Just found it funny.

Trackstar
07-28-2007, 06:10 PM
:rolleyes:

But I tried telling you it was no big deal you still insisted that it was. The next day, it no longer was. Just found it funny.

And it still could be. Trust me I've seen nothing turn into something PLENTY of times. But for just once on this forum I thought I would agree with a rival fan, tell them they are right and just end the damn discussion with class. But No! We have to have condescending comments to follow!