PDA

View Full Version : The course of the JOEY!!!!

GABO152
07-26-2007, 04:57 PM
Man this guy really is a policy for having your QB have the worst you could imagine, now I know this is just coinsidence but this guy comes to Miami when everyone is hyped about Culpepper and he goes down for the season, than he goes to atlanta and Vick gets indicted. I think Joey is up on some santeria or something.:D

ckparrothead
07-26-2007, 04:59 PM
Between this and the Warrick Dunn knee surgery that will see him out for 6 weeks...I do feel a bit bad for Atlanta fans. Nobody should be forced to watch Joey Harrington continually throw inaccurate passes to his receivers.

shula_guy
07-26-2007, 05:00 PM
Man this guy really is a policy for having your QB have the worst you could imagine, now I know this is just coinsidence but this guy comes to Miami when everyone is hyped about Culpepper and he goes down for the season, than he goes to atlanta and Vick gets indicted. I think Joey is up on some santeria or something.:D

I wonder what the chances are DC is joey's b/u this year:sidelol:

Harrington will be out of excuses if he flops this year.

FanMarino
07-26-2007, 05:06 PM
Between this and the Warrick Dunn knee surgery that will see him out for 6 weeks...I do feel a bit bad for Atlanta fans. Nobody should be forced to watch Joey Harrington continually throw inaccurate passes to his receivers.

Why not! We had to.

ckparrothead
07-26-2007, 05:09 PM
I guess misery loves company then...but still I wouldn't wish it on anyone except the Jets, Bills or Patriots.

Bill C
07-26-2007, 05:12 PM

I don't think his accuracy can be any worse than Vick's. How would you like to be the GM in ATL right now? Yikes.

ckparrothead
07-26-2007, 05:26 PM
I don't think his accuracy can be any worse than Vick's. How would you like to be the GM in ATL right now? Yikes.

Imagine a guy that has Vick's passing skills, maybe a little bit worse to tell you the truth, but can't gain yards on the ground like Vick does. That's Joey Harrington.

dolpns13
07-26-2007, 05:31 PM

Not to mention their recievers are so much worse than ours in the drops category

madisonfan90
07-26-2007, 05:35 PM
Not to mention their recievers are so much worse than ours in the drops category
They did add Joe Horn, I dont know if hes comparable to Booker but the two seem pretty close.

dolpns13
07-26-2007, 05:40 PM
They did add Joe Horn, I dont know if hes comparable to Booker but the two seem pretty close.

I think Horn is a little better than booker, but Horn has a case of the injury bug...But then again Booker does to, just not as bad as Horn. Horn is more of a clutch guy and a leader

bkbuffet
07-26-2007, 05:52 PM
Gotta feel sorry for Patrino... first year coach getting stuck in that situation.

jdang307
07-26-2007, 05:52 PM
Don't forget the Jimmy Williams arrest either.

ckparrothead
07-26-2007, 05:54 PM
Ah yes, of course...Jimmy Williams.

And people make fun of the Fins for having 4 arrests (with 2 of them cut).

jdang307
07-26-2007, 05:58 PM
Yeah I pointed out that the two arrests we still have on the roster are for slapping a 300 lb woman and a DWI, while not as trivial as the slapping, was a 1st offense from a character guy and wasn't a DUI.

finsrule84
07-26-2007, 06:00 PM
Gotta feel sorry for Patrino... first year coach getting stuck in that situation.

Not really, cause next year he'll get to coach Brohm again lol

DolphinsFan23
07-26-2007, 06:02 PM
Joey, who's of Irish descent, sure seems to have "the luck of the Irish" when it comes to getting more chances to be a starter in the NFL ... Daunte's injuries last year and now Vick's bigtime problems with the Feds for dogfighting. He better get a bunch of 4 leaf clovers and pray to the football gods daily this year.

:allhail:

I wonder how the Atlanta fans will treat him if he has a few bad games? They'll probably be in a pretty foul mood this season so Joey better learn that system good and work on his accuracy .. a lot. He better be ready to get back up on that horse like he said in an interview. He better hold on to those reigns tight ... it might be bumpy ride for him in Hotlanta this year. :D

Bonedoc7777
07-26-2007, 06:27 PM
harrington gets a third chance, born under a lucky star, petrino will probably make him a player

RebelRed34
07-26-2007, 06:33 PM
Well he is lucky to get to be starter again, on the other hand he is entering another bad situation. So who knows. He had to start his career on a horrible Lions team, follow up on a team in disarray in the Dolphins, and now a mess in Atlanta. This, I imagine, will be his last shot. I don't entirely envy his situation.

jdang307
07-26-2007, 06:54 PM
This is from KC Joyner the football scientist, it's his stats when on the Dolphins so it's relevant, right? :)

Ben (Atlanta): KC, obviously we Falcon fans are bracing ourselves for a long season with Harrington at the helm. I do remember that he had a pretty decent stretch with the Dolphins last season, were his metrics respectable?

KC Joyner: Ben, Harrington did well at times but his overall metrics were really bad. Low success percentage, low YPA, mediocre bad decision percentage. And all of that despite the Dolphins doing everything they could to tailor the system around him. It could be a long year for the Falcons in 2007.http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=16652

Take that with a grain of salt since the idiot goes on to say this:

Bryant(Philly):
KC out of these 3 teams who has the best record at the end of the season....Cleveland, Detroit, or Miami?

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2008/12/sn2-1.gif KC Joyner: I have them all at about the 6 win mark but if I had to pick the one with the best chance to improve on that, it would be Detroit.

We'll beat Detroit. I'm sure of that. I've bet my buddy who is a Detroit fan, who would have a better record. I've won a Ruth's Chris dinner 2 years running. I'm not about to lose it!

adamprez2003
07-26-2007, 10:26 PM
Harrington actually improved last year from his Detroit days. He still lacked consistency but you could see the improvement if you remember him in Detroit. I may be wrong but I think he got a raise in salary by going to the Falcons which would bear out what I and a few others saw in his game.

Although he's lucky by getting into situations that allow him to start, he's unlucky in that he ends up on the most putrid offenses in the NFL. Hopefully Norwood can handle a heavier load but that offensive line is a big question mark (much like ours last year) and they have no receivers (Joe Horn is average at best at this stage of his career.

Hopefully he gets some luck because he's going to need every drop to do anything with his chance

adamprez2003
07-26-2007, 10:28 PM
Well he is lucky to get to be starter again, on the other hand he is entering another bad situation. So who knows. He had to start his career on a horrible Lions team, follow up on a team in disarray in the Dolphins, and now a mess in Atlanta. This, I imagine, will be his last shot. I don't entirely envy his situation.

:lol: Glass half full or empty. I didnt see your post but I just said the same thing

playmaker1
07-27-2007, 03:56 AM

Yeah, I hope that money made him happy, cuz it is going to be a long year for him