PDA

View Full Version : NASCAR 08 car setups?

brandon27
07-26-2007, 06:08 PM
first off, have to say I really enjoy the game. looks good, plays good. can't complain. I love playing the game, but i nee'drived help with setups. Im not very good with messing around with them. I can "drive" the cars, i just cant set them up. Anybody who is good at em and has them up in their "ea locker" up for sharing them?? :wink:

footballer
07-26-2007, 08:20 PM
its out? didnt know it.. how good is it? just want to know opinions... will purchase it anyway most likely, but wouldnt mind some fellow finheaven reviews...

brandon27
07-26-2007, 11:41 PM
Yeah it came out on tuesday. personally i like it alot. I've read alot of other people bashing it, but i think it plays good and looks good. the cars are tough to handle, seems to be more realistic than 07 was, the tracks look good, the COT is in there, as well as the busch cars, and the trucks, carl edwards, for some odd licensing reason isnt in the game (dont bother me one bit as i hate him and his stupid backflips) youve got over 40 different options to choose from in the garage for car setups... the only thing that disappoints me about it is its lack of multiplayer outside of live. no system link. one player only. kind of disappointing there. I used to love gettin some friends together and havin a good old race, beatin and bangin around martinsville oh well, hopefully next year.

and by the way... the demo is on live right now too. lets you run a race around daytona with i think 10 other cars.

TheMageGandalf
07-27-2007, 11:31 PM
Is there a career mode?

I was looking forward to this game but everything Ive read seems to trash it.

All I care about is a career mode.

brandon27
07-28-2007, 03:26 AM
Is there a career mode?

I was looking forward to this game but everything Ive read seems to trash it.

All I care about is a career mode.

Theres a season mode. You run the full schedule for whatever series you choose, however some of the tracks exclusive to the trucks, and busch series(ie nashville) are not in the game... as for what happens after you run the schedule once, im not sure, i havent attempted it. There is also a chase mode, I thought upon entering it that it would be similar to 07's... you just run the last 10 races, chase for the cup and thats it. however you start it out by earning licenses, by completing different tasks on each type of track, in each type of car (COT, cup car, superspeedways, speedways, short tracks, road courses) after complete 10 tasks for each type of track, it unlocks the license, which then offers you contracts to run at certain races for different teams for that certain type of track you unlocked the license for... after you complete the contracts, it then looks like you go into an ownership mode... again, ive not gotten to far, ive unlocked all licenses but one at this point, and completed none of the contracts... so im not to sure really on what this mode is, although it appears that it could indeed be the career mode.. im just not sure yet.

I may have mentioned this in a previous post here, but its single player only. unless you want to play on live, which is still a disappointment to me.

and i have a feeling that alot of the trashing of the game comes from those people who simply dont like nascar... but i dont know. i see some spots in the game graphically that could use improvement, but... its not the end of the world. it still looks 100 times better than 07 did for the xbox. so im happy

zachequalsgod
07-30-2007, 06:34 AM
first off, have to say I really enjoy the game. looks good, plays good. can't complain. I love playing the game, but i nee'drived help with setups. Im not very good with messing around with them. I can "drive" the cars, i just cant set them up. Anybody who is good at em and has them up in their "ea locker" up for sharing them?? :wink:

I've had good results at super speedways w/ about 80-90% tape (assuming you are running a shorter race) and 45 air pressure all the way around. At Dega I ran 40 in my lefts and 45 in my rights... had some very fast laps.