PDA

View Full Version : If you had a choice...

aquaattak
07-26-2007, 10:41 PM
and had the cash with these conditions (Kids = 10,16) all things considered, gameplay, price, variety/quantity/quality of games, graphics, reliability...which system would you buy..PS3,360 or Wii?

PLease explain why. Im haveing trouble deciding. And NO i cant buy all three...:lol:

mor911
07-26-2007, 10:44 PM
anyone besides you plan to play? what kinda games you into? would you consider yourself a hardcore gamer?

aquaattak
07-26-2007, 11:01 PM
anyone besides you plan to play? what kinda games you into? would you consider yourself a hardcore gamer?

it will mostly be my son (10) playing. Ill play too but def not as much as him. THe online play intrigues me especially with Madden and the BBall games. Ive played Marvel Alliance with him and finished it. My daughter may also play but more the multi level rpg games like sphynx, mario, Sonic, etc. I like sports gmaes, Military/Tactical..Star wars games...And classice like SM, Sonic etc too

My sons bestfriend has a 360 and he loves it. Hes played Rainbow 6, GOW (yeah i wasnt happy about it), Halo etc. I had a bad experience with one already and returned it (Ebay) and have read alot of bad things with the ring of death deal. But, by the same token, it seems it has the best gaming selection and the middle price range. We own a DC, N64, PS2, GC...Just don't know which way to go. Im trying to make the best choice.

mor911
07-26-2007, 11:03 PM
for the kid, i'd go for a Wii. Especially if they're both into Mario and whatnot. The 360 is also a solid bet. The warranty bu Microsoft and a killer lineup that can't be touched this holiday is hard to look away from.

aquaattak
07-26-2007, 11:06 PM
for the kid, i'd go for a Wii. Especially if they're both into Mario and whatnot. The 360 is also a solid bet. The warranty bu Microsoft and a killer lineup that can't be touched this holiday is hard to look away from.

Dont like the PS3?

Majpain
07-26-2007, 11:15 PM
Dont like the PS3?

Nothing is coming out until 08 really. Best bet is either the Wii or 360.

360 has a solid line up for 07. Wii would be a fun family thing.

Scatman
07-26-2007, 11:26 PM
go 360..i got all 3 and wii just ends up collecting dust. the kids are at the age where they can play 360 games and enjoy them. and theres so many good games for 360 you really cant go wrong. if you can wait im pretty sure there will be a price cut in nvember too.

mor911
07-26-2007, 11:44 PM
Dont like the PS3?i dont have a PS3 to judge one... yet. I just dont have a real reason to buy one yet (aside from a blu-ray player)

muscle979
07-27-2007, 12:55 AM
I love my PS3 but I don't know if I'd get one for my kid. I'd probably just get a Wii, that thing seems to pretty much be made for kids and its a lot cheaper. PS3 is the best all around system though because of the blu ray capability. Just that is almost worth the price of one. It's also got that Home thing coming out soon that looks pretty cool and plenty of good games will be coming out for it even if you have to wait until next year for the exclusives. I don't care that much about those anyway. Most games I'll probably get you could have on either system. PS3 is also automatically set up for a wireless internet connection(maybe 360 is too, I don't know.) which was pretty cool. The playstation network is adding games, demos, and videos pretty much every week which is also good.

The base 360 or the Wii would be pretty good too I'm sure. Tons of games out for Xbox. I only own a PS3 though, so now you have my take on that.

aquaattak
07-27-2007, 10:07 PM
Done Deal, i went ahead and bought a wii..this thing is pretty impressive. I bought a bundle that came with Sonic, Wii sports and a game that doesnt work, Chicken shoot (which it came with a holder that imitates a gun. I guess i have to call Nintendo and let them know i got a game that doesnt work.... I love it and the kids do too...Ill get the 360 for xmas.

unifiedtheory
07-27-2007, 10:19 PM
I'm loving the Wii. I'm totally addicted to Tiger Woods golf and the woman won't turn off Paper Mario or Bust a Move, it's good times.

If I had a preference I'd buy a PS3 but I'm waiting because if I bought it now:
A.)I'd feel dumb when they drop the price again
B.)I'd get my balls cut off my the g/f for spending that much loot on a video game...LOL!

TheMageGandalf
07-27-2007, 11:05 PM
Ill get the 360 for xmas.

Not a bad choice since they may be putting out the 360's that have the cooler running chip by then which should help out with the reliability.

Have fun with your Wii. I still havent come across one in a store and since I am not in a hurry to get one I can wait until I see one someday.

aquaattak
07-28-2007, 12:41 AM
i got ours at BJ's had about 15 of them.

Scatman
07-28-2007, 09:02 PM
cool man

Sethdaddy8
07-28-2007, 11:33 PM
i have all three too, i use the wii tho. zelda, res evil 4. trauma. and it has the best old game selection, punch, out tecmo bowl, original zeda and mario classics. wii definitly is not for getting new mult-platform releases...but for the zelda, metroid, and other exclusive games...its worth it.

ps3 is where its gonna be in a year or two. but xbox is king for now...if your lucky enough to not have yours break on you....imo. i must say tho, ninja gaiden and resistence are awesome.

Scatman
07-29-2007, 01:47 PM
motorstorms pretty good too

muscle979
07-29-2007, 02:18 PM
i have all three too, i use the wii tho. zelda, res evil 4. trauma. and it has the best old game selection, punch, out tecmo bowl, original zeda and mario classics. wii definitly is not for getting new mult-platform releases...but for the zelda, metroid, and other exclusive games...its worth it.

ps3 is where its gonna be in a year or two. but xbox is king for now...if your lucky enough to not have yours break on you....imo. i must say tho, ninja gaiden and resistence are awesome.

:yeahthat: