PDA

View Full Version : No Gears of War PC Content for Xbox 360

Bruzer
07-27-2007, 09:06 AM
There is no plan to provide the PC exclusive content to Xbox 360 (http://kotaku.com/gaming/xbox-360/) gamers for a number of technical reasons. One is simply the size and scope of the new content which would be difficult to deliver as an update. But more importantly, Gears of War for Windows was not created with the same version of Unreal Engine 3 as Gears of War for 360. We wanted to take advantage of all the latest and greatest optimizations and features that are constantly being added to UE3 and as such, this new content is not easily compatible with the Xbox 360 version.

Anyways I figured some of you might like that for a read.

http://kotaku.com/gaming/hey%2C-360-owners/that-exclusive-gears-pc-content-is-not-for-you-283099.php

mor911
07-27-2007, 09:55 AM
i thought that was bull. I love gears. my biggest gripe is that the single player campaign (fun as all hell) was too short. So they add new levels and don't make it accessible to 360 owners.... Why? to sell more pc units and push 'Games for Windows'. Microsoft makes me sick sometimes.

Bruzer
07-27-2007, 10:29 AM
Yea I agree not a huge fan of the game but it kinda is a insult to the people who bought the game for the system it first came out on

FinsNCanes
07-27-2007, 11:36 AM
Hey...!

The PC didn't get the shaft finally. Might have to check it out..

Scatman
07-27-2007, 07:47 PM
yea kinda blows.... my pc couldnt run it anyways.... im sure itll be avaialble eventually for download

Bruzer
07-27-2007, 07:51 PM
yea kinda blows.... my pc couldnt run it anyways.... im sure itll be avaialble eventually for download

i doubt it they will work on gears of war 2 before trying to go through the hassle of 2 different engine versions compatible.

Scatman
07-27-2007, 08:04 PM
i doubt it they will work on gears of war 2 before trying to go through the hassle of 2 different engine versions compatible.

hopefully im ready for part 2.

only thing is they said before they werent going to do a pc version...and woooop here it is

Bruzer
07-27-2007, 09:23 PM
yea but its much easier to upgrade a engine and add content than try to make a newer engine work with a older engine so its a different situation.

Scatman
07-27-2007, 11:31 PM
yea but its much easier to upgrade a engine and add content than try to make a newer engine work with a older engine so its a different situation.

true dat