PDA

View Full Version : Merged:Couch trying to revive career/Signs with Jags

BAMAPHIN 22
07-29-2007, 03:14 PM
Former No. 1 draft pick Tim Couch worked out for the Jacksonville Jaguars (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/team/67064) on Sunday, hoping to land a job as a backup to quarterback Byron Leftwich (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/player/140415).

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7071802?MSNHPHMA

maverick50
07-29-2007, 03:25 PM
how many teams has tim been on ? i know he was with cleveland , but was he with the packers too ?

playmaker1
07-29-2007, 03:39 PM
Got to give him credit for trying. But man he was a bad QB.

bluegrassbubba
07-29-2007, 04:05 PM
Got to give him credit for trying. But man he was a bad QB.

I think that had to do with the terrible OL, he got beat up, then injured, I just had to take up for my fellow wildcat, sorry.

rafael
07-29-2007, 04:12 PM
He should give Atlanta a call.

playmaker1
07-29-2007, 04:15 PM
I think that had to do with the terrible OL, he got beat up, then injured, I just had to take up for my fellow wildcat, sorry.
I know, your probably right. He really didn't have much help, and to be the number one pick to start the new Browns franchise, kinda some pressure. But he really looked like he didn't know what he was doing out there. Will be interesting to see if he lands on a teams roster this year though.

TotoreMexico
07-29-2007, 04:22 PM
Jaguars signed QB Tim Couch.

Not good news for Lester Ricard. Couch, who has had multiple surgeries on his arm after a Packers training camp a few years back that is believed to have ruined his career, is not likely to overtake Quinn Gray or David Garrard for a roster spot.

Alex44
07-29-2007, 04:26 PM
I always thought that couch was way better than the stats and tape showed in Cleveland. Whenever I watched him I saw someone with starter potential, he just had a horrible team around him. With the shoulder problems though I don't know if he can ever get that back.

Flip Tanneflop
07-29-2007, 05:11 PM
All I know is TIM COUCH :lol: just got a job and Daunte still cant find work. :lol: I think we are all learning just how bad Culpepper really is. :sidelol: Even I thought he was better than TIM COUCH. I guess I was wrong. I gave Daunte too much credit. I only said he was the worst QB in the league last year and I was speaking in terms of guys who started. I guess I didnt realize he was the worst period. Even guys who didnt have jobs last year are considered better options for teams that need an arm. :lol:

Smoke
07-29-2007, 05:11 PM
how many teams has tim been on ? i know he was with cleveland , but was he with the packers too ?

Yes.

After leaving the Browns (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/team/67042), Couch signed a one-year deal with Green Bay to be Brett Favre (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/player/69674)'s backup. The Packers (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/team/67046) didn't work out Couch before signing him to a contract that included a $625,000 bonus, and it seemed to backfire.

Couch was bothered by a sore throwing arm, struggled to grasp the West Coast offense and couldn't even unseat third-string quarterback Craig Nall (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/player/106067).

It's strange that the Jags want Couch over Culpepper. They would rather have a bust qb with a history of injury to his throwing arm over a former pro bowl qb with a bad knee. Those reports that Culpepper may need another year to rehab may be right.

dolpns13
07-29-2007, 10:35 PM
Pretty funny that the Jags wanted Couch over Daunte

PhinFan0202
07-29-2007, 10:47 PM
Are you kidding? I bet the only reason they didn't sign Dante was because of his contract demands. They thought he wasn't worth the money he was asking for to be a backup and Couch could sit the bench just as well. Gotta feel bad for Dante the whole way things worked out.

dolpns13
07-29-2007, 10:51 PM
Are you kidding? I bet the only reason they didn't sign Dante was because of his contract demands. They thought he wasn't worth the money he was asking for to be a backup and Couch could sit the bench just as well. Gotta feel bad for Dante the whole way things worked out.

Nope

PhinFan0202
07-29-2007, 10:59 PM
Nope

Not even a little? Think about being a superstar, similar to Vincent Chase on Entourage to give an example. You do one bad movie and your career is never the same. You go from the penthouse to the outhouse in less than a year. I would say that would warrent some pitty in most people's eye wouldn't you agree?

dolpns13
07-29-2007, 11:04 PM
Not even a little? Think about being a superstar, similar to Vincent Chase on Entourage to give an example. You do one bad movie and your career is never the same. You go from the penthouse to the outhouse in less than a year. I would say that would warrent some pitty in most people's eye wouldn't you agree?

yeah, I would agree, but somehow I dont feel bad for Daunte. I think he had alot to do with digging his own grave. I'm not trying to start a controversy here, I just think it is funny that after all the (prior) talk about how great a fit in Jax Daunte was... Then the Jags say they dont need him... Then days later they sign Couch. Its just a wierd but humorous turn of events. For me anyways

PhinFan0202
07-29-2007, 11:16 PM
yeah, I would agree, but somehow I dont feel bad for Daunte. I think he had alot to do with digging his own grave. I'm not trying to start a controversy here, I just think it is funny that after all the (prior) talk about how great a fit in Jax Daunte was... Then the Jags say they dont need him... Then days later they sign Couch. Its just a wierd but humorous turn of events. For me anyways

True, the one thing that i think that contributed the most to him going down the tubes was the trade he decided to block. Although it looked like we were just trying to get something for him and that's probably what we were doing he could have gone to Jacksonville with the same insane contract he had here. If he had an agent he probably would have advised him to just take the trade. Players can't be agents because they're too emotionally involved.

Phins19
07-29-2007, 11:44 PM
or maybe its because Daunte isn't physically able to backup Leftwich if he goes down.

dominizzo
07-30-2007, 01:17 AM
Tim Couch Is DOne

retired opfinistic
07-30-2007, 09:46 AM

His demands on Min for a larger contract after a poor season + trying to block any trades Mia was going to attempt + his uncertain health = huge risk for any franchise..

cellman007
07-30-2007, 10:36 AM
His demands on Min for a larger contract after a poor season + trying to block any trades Mia was going to attempt + his uncertain health = huge risk for any franchise..

Peter King reproted in SI this morning that Culpepper turned down a 3 yr $15 million deal with the Jags, if that's true (which I doubt) then he is truely a moron, and it shows his ego and lack of an agent are killing what career he may have had left.

retired opfinistic
07-30-2007, 10:51 AM
Peter King reproted in SI this morning that Culpepper turned down a 3 yr $15 million deal with the Jags, if that's true (which I doubt) then he is truely a moron, and it shows his ego and lack of an agent are killing what career he may have had left.
:rolleyes:

He must have gotten into Ricky's stash. He should be happy with any offer that may give him a chance to revive his career. Hard to believe that a couple years ago he was in a TD race with Manning.

Vertical Limit
07-30-2007, 11:06 AM
:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: WOW, JUST WOW!

Smoke
07-30-2007, 11:10 AM

I also doubt they offered that much. Wasn't his salary this year supposed to be $5.5mil? Plus Culpepper has stated that he's willing to sign as a back-up now. It would make no sense for him to shoot that offer down.

Denverfinfan
07-30-2007, 01:17 PM
Quarterback Tim Couch, who once enjoyed the pomp and circumstance and the mega-contract that goes with being the first pick in the NFL Draft, came off the scrapheap Sunday and quietly signed a two-deal deal with the Jags.

Eight years after the expansion Cleveland Browns made him the first pick in the 1999 draft and three years after he couldn't beat out Craig Nall for the third-team job in Green Bay, Couch will try to jumpstart his career with the Jaguars.

Wow

playmaker1
07-30-2007, 01:19 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=205506

retired opfinistic
07-30-2007, 01:19 PM
He got signed cause he doesn't have Culpepper for an agent.

madisonfan90
07-30-2007, 04:36 PM
Yeah i do feel bad for him, hes still acting as if hes pro bowl caliber looking for a starting role and big money, its gonna be hard for him to accept the fact that hes done.