PDA

View Full Version : Peter King on the Bills and Losman....

evans555
07-30-2007, 10:37 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...mqb/index.html (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/peter_king/07/30/mmqb/index.html)

3) I think in the practices I saw, J.P. Losman looked better in Buffalo than Ben Roethlisberger looked in Pittsburgh. That's not to dog Big Ben either, because he looked fine adjusting to Bruce Arians' new offense. But on successive plays into a stiff breeze at St. John Fisher College on Friday afternoon, Losman completed a 47-yard go route to Roscoe Parrish, then pump-faked to the right and lasered a 32-yarder up the left sideline to Lee Evans. Never thought I'd say this, but the Bills have their quarterback of the future in Losman............................................................

SpurzN703
07-30-2007, 10:41 AM
Congrats :rolleyes:

evans555
07-30-2007, 11:07 AM
Congrats :rolleyes:

Its ok dont be too jealous....imo you have yours in Beck and will find that out 2-3 yrs from now....

Trust me as a Bills fan after the Flutie era resembles exactly what the Dolphins are doing right now at the QB position

Jets81
07-30-2007, 11:32 AM
Lossman completed a pass in training camp! Stop the presses!!

evans555
07-30-2007, 11:41 AM

And this is coming from the team w Pennington as their QB.....good luck wo the cakewalk sch. this season :wink:

Jets81
07-30-2007, 11:44 AM
And this is coming from the team w Pennington as their QB.....good luck wo the cakewalk sch. this season :wink:

Chads track record > the Lossmans. This is not smack, just the truth.

evans555
07-30-2007, 11:46 AM
Chads track record > the Lossmans. This is not smack, just the truth.

hahahaha I'll take the potential in Losman over the DECLINE of Chad any day.....and you would do the same ask the majority of fans of other football teams :tongue:

Jets81
07-30-2007, 11:48 AM
hahahaha I'll take the potential in Losman over the DECLINE of Chad any day.....and you would do the same ask the majority of fans of other football teams :tongue:

Not if they prefer to win games.

Edit: Also, I don't ask other fans to decide my preferences when it comes to players.

evans555
07-30-2007, 11:55 AM
Not if they prefer to win games.

Edit: Also, I don't ask other fans to decide my preferences when it comes to players.

Oh i'm sorry you mean like This game: http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/live/NFL_20061210_BUF@NYJ

Bills 31-Jets 13

Here is the head to head from last yr from 2 meetings....

JP- 32/53 485 yds 3td 1 int

Chad-41/64 365 2td 2int

LIKE I SAID I"LL TAKE THE GUY ON THE RISE.......owned

SpurzN703
07-30-2007, 11:55 AM
Its ok dont be too jealous....imo you have yours in Beck and will find that out 2-3 yrs from now....

Trust me as a Bills fan after the Flutie era resembles exactly what the Dolphins are doing right now at the QB position

So you think I'm jealous b/c Peter King said Losman is their QB of the future? You really believe that King's opinion is relevant to how Losman plays?

Really though if Losman turns out to be a great QB, good for him and you. There's no animosity on my end

SpurzN703
07-30-2007, 11:57 AM
Oh i'm sorry you mean like This game: http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/live/NFL_20061210_BUF@NYJ

Bills 31-Jets 13

Chad-41/64 365 2td 2int

At this point in their careers I'd take Losman. Now if I took one for their overall careers, it would be CP.

Give Losman time. We'll see where he's at when he reaches CP's age

Kenyan
07-30-2007, 11:58 AM

Good point. BUF was the only team in the division to beat Detroit. Or were they the only team to LOSE to Detroit. Talk about a cakewalk. Didn't they also get swept by the Pats?
Like it or not, Pennington wins games.

Deep2Evans
07-30-2007, 11:59 AM
Good point. BUF was the only team in the division to beat Detroit. Or were they the only team to LOSE to Detroit. Talk about a cakewalk. Didn't they also get swept by the Pats?
Like it or not, Pennington wins games.

Put Losman on the Jets, they would be much better. Put Penninton and his weak arm in Buffalo, and the Bills would be even worse. I'd take a mobile, young QB with a rocket arm over an aging, made of glass, no arm QB anyday.

Jets81
07-30-2007, 12:02 PM

Bills 31-Jets 13

Chad-41/64 365 2td 2int

Not a huge disparity in those statistics, especially considering the terrible running attack that Penny had to deal with last year. You also forget to mention that the Bills and Lossman only won 6 other games last year. Perhaps Lossman will "rise" to a .500 record this year.

evans555
07-30-2007, 12:02 PM

Bills 31-Jets 13

Chad-41/64 365 2td 2int

i see.... maybe he'll get to 500 :rolleyes:

Jets81
07-30-2007, 12:04 PM
Put Losman on the Jets, they would be much better. Put Penninton and his weak arm in Buffalo, and the Bills would be even worse.

Please, explain.

Jets81
07-30-2007, 12:05 PM
i see.... maybe he'll get to 500 :rolleyes:

Now you're catching on.

evans555
07-30-2007, 12:09 PM
Now you're catching on.

I guess I wont change you mind and you wont change mind....we'll see on the field this yr just like last expect Buffalo to outplay the Jetsies head to head

Only one difference this yr. the Jets wont have the luxury of that easy sch.

Kenyan
07-30-2007, 12:12 PM
Put Losman on the Jets, they would be much better. Put Penninton and his weak arm in Buffalo, and the Bills would be even worse.

What a wonderful analysis. I especially liked how you make an assertion that can never, ever be proven. Let me try: Put Pennington on the Bills and he would win the Super Bowl. Put Losman on the Jets and he would throw 4 interceptions a game. Hey, I guess it's not so hard after all.

I'd take a mobile, young QB with a rocket arm over an aging, made of glass, no arm QB anyday.

So would I. Sadly for you, Losman is not the former and Pennington is not the latter. Go to the end of the line.

Jets81
07-30-2007, 12:13 PM
I guess I wont change you mind and you wont change mind....we'll see on the field this yr just like last expect Buffalo to outplay the Jetsies head to head

Keep brining up the schedule. The Bills was almost the exact same as the Jets. Don't forget that the Bills were 2 of the reasons the Jets schedule was considered "easy".

evans555
07-30-2007, 12:15 PM
Keep brining up the schedule. The Bills was almost the exact same as the Jets. Don't forget that the Bills were 2 of the reasons the Jets schedule was considered "easy".

I'll take clev. and Oak. over Balt and SD any day

Kenyan
07-30-2007, 12:17 PM

Even if the Bills had played the same exact schedule as the Jets and won both games (yes, the schedules were identical except for TWO GAMES) they still would have been third in the AFCE with a record of 9-7.

Jets81
07-30-2007, 12:20 PM
Even if the Bills had played the same exact schedule as the Jets and won both games (yes, the schedules were identical except for TWO GAMES) they still would have been third in the AFCE with a record of 9-7.

Exactly, so the schedule thing is out the window. Wonder what there next excuse will be.

evans555
07-30-2007, 12:22 PM
Exactly, so the schedule thing is out the window. Wonder what there next excuse will be.

Who knows....whats your excuse as to why the Jets lost to the Bills 31-13?

Kenyan
07-30-2007, 12:25 PM
You do understand that the NFL season is 16 games long, right? Miami shut out New England, what more proof do you need?

evans555
07-30-2007, 12:26 PM
anyways.....heres another thing I like. Hopefully the Poz can end up like a Zach Thomas

"It would be impossible to look more like a football player, on and off the field, than Paul Posluszny, the Buffalo rookie middle linebacker. I saw his second and third practices as a pro. He moves with confidence and aggressiveness before and after the snap. "

retired opfinistic
07-30-2007, 12:26 PM
:jt0323:

Brassmonki14120
07-30-2007, 12:55 PM

Speaking of completing A pass...

Trent Green is running the first team. In a bad sign for the season, he was sacked by Matt Roth on the first play.

Green then went completion to Booker and incomplete to Az Hakim;

John Beck is with the second team and his first pass was a deep incompletion. CB Michael Lehan had great coverage. So far in camp, Lehan has been a huge surprise;

Now Cleo Lemon is running the first team. First two passes were incomplete out of bounds on out patterns to Chambers and Booker.

The four QBs were a combined 1 for 7 in team drills with the only reception being a swing pass, according to the spot-on Alain Poupart of Dolphin Digest;

retired opfinistic
07-30-2007, 01:44 PM
Speaking of completing A pass...:lol:

Long time, Monki! Miss smacking you around. :ninja:

greatwade
07-30-2007, 01:47 PM

But eleven or twelve more years in sk00l and yull be spulling lk teh b3st of em!

:pictures:

Brassmonki14120
07-30-2007, 01:52 PM
:lol:

Long time, Monki! Miss smacking you around. :ninja:

Oh how I do so love the abuse.

Never the less 1 for 7 even in camp isn't inspiring, even if the Phins O-Line was minus two starters.

retired opfinistic
07-30-2007, 01:54 PM
Oh how I do so love the abuse.

Never the less 1 for 7 even in camp isn't inspiring, even if the Phins O-Line was minus two starters.:unsure:

No it's not very inspiring.

But the homer in me says "Go Roth!" :lol:

Brassmonki14120
07-30-2007, 02:01 PM
:unsure:

No it's not very inspiring.

But the homer in me says "Go Roth!" :lol:

Bully for Mathew!

Last years stats: 39 tkl, 3.5 sacks, 3 FF, 1 FR.

Question, is Miami's camp on grass or turf?

retired opfinistic
07-30-2007, 02:16 PM
Bully for Mathew!

Last years stats: 39 tkl, 3.5 sacks, 3 FF, 1 FR.

Question, is Miami's camp on grass or turf?Unless I'm mistaken it's on grass. Can't verify without having seen it 'in the flesh' so to speak. It wouldn't make sense to practice on turf, being that we play on grass (and clay :tantrum:).

rdhstlr23
07-30-2007, 02:50 PM
Outside is grass, the bubble is turf.

Peter King has been wrong about a lot of stuff. He's been right about a lot of stuff too. I can't say for sure if he's right about this or not. At times Losman looks pretty good, and then other times he looks so inept it's bad. That's the thing...You look at other franchise QBs and they just don't have bad games like Losman does---even last year he played poorly the first game against us. I mean I don't remember Roethlisberger struggling like that, or Carson Palmer, or Marc Bulger, or other QBs that are quickly identified as "franchise QBs". This is what his 3rd year/4th year? I think this will be the year he takes that leap or he just kind of plateaus...same can be said for Lee Evans.

Peter King's article doesn't tell me anything I don't know already. Losman has a gun. He's extremely accurate on the deep ball. It's those intermediate reads and quick reads where he has the issues--from what I've seen.

Brassmonki14120
07-30-2007, 02:58 PM
Unless I'm mistaken it's on grass. Can't verify without having seen it 'in the flesh' so to speak. It wouldn't make sense to practice on turf, being that we play on grass (and clay :tantrum:).

Roth had 27 of his 37 (not 39 sorry) tackles in the grass as opposed to turf.
However, Roth did have .5 more sacks on turf though.

Lunar charts indicated that on sundays throughout the season when the moon was in its "new" phase Roth had a .628 drop in solo tackles but his assisted tackles rose greatly. Now in contrast to that during the full moon Roth (on grass mind you) saw his Forced Fumble stats increased but only recovered a fumble when Jupiter aligned with Venus.

In conlusion I would just like to say that North Tonawanda High School Hockey Rules!

retired opfinistic
07-30-2007, 03:01 PM
Roth had 27 of his 37 (not 39 sorry) tackles in the grass as opposed to turf.
However, Roth did have .5 more sacks on turf though.

Lunar charts indicated that on sundays throughout the season when the moon was in its "new" phase Roth had a .628 drop in solo tackles but his assisted tackles rose greatly. Now in contrast to that during the full moon Roth (on grass mind you) saw his Forced Fumble stats increased but only recovered a fumble when Jupiter aligned with Venus.

In conlusion I would just like to say that North Tonawanda High School Hockey Rules!

How'd he do when your finger was aligned with Uranus? :lol:

evans555
07-30-2007, 03:02 PM
Outside is grass, the bubble is turf.

Peter King has been wrong about a lot of stuff. He's been right about a lot of stuff too. I can't say for sure if he's right about this or not. At times Losman looks pretty good, and then other times he looks so inept it's bad. That's the thing...You look at other franchise QBs and they just don't have bad games like Losman does---even last year he played poorly the first game against us. I mean I don't remember Roethlisberger struggling like that, or Carson Palmer, or Marc Bulger, or other QBs that are quickly identified as "franchise QBs". This is what his 3rd year/4th year? I think this will be the year he takes that leap or he just kind of plateaus...same can be said for Lee Evans.

Peter King's article doesn't tell me anything I don't know already. Losman has a gun. He's extremely accurate on the deep ball. It's those intermediate reads and quick reads where he has the issues--from what I've seen.

Good post...but I disagree about Ben

2006Pittsburgh Steelers 3513 18/23 75.4

2006Buffalo Bills 3051 19/14 84.9

Brassmonki14120
07-30-2007, 03:03 PM
You look at other franchise QBs and they just don't have bad games like Losman does---even last year he played poorly the first game against us.

I wouldn't call going 11 for 18, 1 td, 0 ints, and a passer rating of 90.7 playing poorly. Consevative maybe but not poorly.

Brassmonki14120
07-30-2007, 03:04 PM
How'd he do when your finger was aligned with Uranus? :lol:

He stunk it up.

retired opfinistic
07-30-2007, 03:06 PM
He stunk it up.:sidelol:

Slam dunk.

John from Hemet
07-31-2007, 03:46 PM
As a bills fan I think this comparison between Losman and CP is totally ridiculous.....

2 totally different QB's

I am not going to start gloating about my players until we actually make the playoffs.......

SpurzN703
07-31-2007, 04:01 PM
Speaking of completing A pass...

I'd judge the offense after 2 practices too. Makes for a good ruse :unsure:

SpurzN703
07-31-2007, 04:07 PM

Any team can lose at any point. It doesn't necessarily mean the winning team is better.

Brassmonki14120
08-01-2007, 12:11 AM
I'd judge the offense after 2 practices too. Makes for a good ruse :unsure:

3rd day of practices:

DAVIE - The offense got a workout Monday at Miami Dolphins training camp in Davie and the early returns weren't great. The defensive line was in the backfield pretty quickly, and had this been a game, it would have turned ugly.

Lots of interceptions: Quarterback Trent Green threw a bad pass that bounced off of Chris Chambers' hand and into the hands of cornerback Travis Daniels. A John Beck pass was tipped and turned into a Renaldo Hill interception. Another deflected pass from Gibran Hamdan found linebacker Channing Crowder. Another Beck pass intended for wide receiver Az-Zahir Hakim was broken up with a nice leap from Michael Lehan. Coach Cam Cameron said after practice that ball-control was a concern.

Jets81
08-01-2007, 12:58 AM
If the Phins defense wasn't giving Trent Green and Co. fits in practice then I'd be more worried about them then the offense.

retired opfinistic
08-01-2007, 08:46 AM
Every mistake is a learning experience.

Kenyan
08-01-2007, 10:03 AM
Every mistake is a learning experience.

Joey Harrington says hi.