PDA

View Full Version : Merged: Jets Kendall wants to go to Dolphins?/Expecting to be Released

WVDolphan
07-27-2007, 01:26 PM
Just watching the Mike and the Mad dog show on the YES network from WFAN radio in NYC. Rich Ackerman has just reported on the 20/20 update at 1:20pm that Pete Kendall has asked the Jests for his release. Signing Pete Kendall will almost completely solidify our OL. It will at least give us an avg. or above avg. starter at our weakest and most questionable position on the OL IMHO. If the Jests adhere to his request the phins should be trying to work a deal with him immediately.

Slim
07-27-2007, 01:28 PM
Holy sh!t this has been a good 3 mins... first ginn now this.

TXFinFan
07-27-2007, 01:32 PM

:yeahthat:

Juggernaut
07-27-2007, 01:35 PM
Yeah I heard the same thing. Asking for a release and getting it are two completely different thigns tho. Hopefully it will increase the chances of it happening though.

lbmclean_sj
07-27-2007, 01:38 PM
if the Jets let him walk over to Davie then either:

a) they are the cheapest bastiches out there

or

b) Kendall aint worth it

WVDolphan
07-27-2007, 01:41 PM
Yeah I heard the same thing. Asking for a release and getting it are two completely different thigns tho. Hopefully it will increase the chances of it happening though.

Well if they dont want to release him he can always get Daunte to be his agent and whine to the NFLPA that he isnt being treated fairly to get a hearing scheduled.

BTW anyone who wants to hear this news for themselves and has YES network you can watch the 20/20 updates on the hour as well as 20 and 40 minutes after the hour. I think the show is streaming online too but, not sure if they broadcast the updates there. I always just watch it on YES. And of course if you live close enough to NYC to pick up WFAN on your radio. I believe the show is broadcast on a station in Albany and Tampa Fl. as well.

WVDolphan
07-27-2007, 01:42 PM
if the Jets let him walk over to Davie then either:

a) they are the cheapest bastiches out there

or

b) Kendall aint worth it

Maybe not to them but, IMO he fills a HUGE need for us.

Kenyan
07-27-2007, 01:43 PM
I don't see how that is news. From Newsday on JUNE 14TH:

"Veteran guard Pete Kendall addressed the media after practice today and told reporters that he wants to be traded or released from his current Jets contract. He gave a timeline of events since the end of the season that Kendall said brought him and the team to this point. Kendall said it is too early to say whether he will attend training camp in July, but he did have reservations about coming in for this weekend's mandatory minicamp. He also said he was in attendance for some of the early OTAs, but quickly realized that the contract situation was not going to be resolved so he left. He said the bridge is "not entirely burned" but made it clear that he is not happy to be here."

Enforcerfin33
07-27-2007, 01:50 PM
Makes you wonder whats goin on in Jets camp? First Houston now this...

lbmclean_sj
07-27-2007, 01:57 PM
Maybe not to them but, IMO he fills a HUGE need for us.

I hope so, the Jets would be making a huge mistake

do we buy continuity for a few more dollars or fill a huge need for the Phins?

BLUEPHIN
07-27-2007, 02:02 PM
Gentlemen...I was listening to 1050 in New York, they were talking about the Jets today and Camp activity. They spoke specifically of Kendall and his negative reaction to his current situation. What shocked me was what Mangini was doing to him in return...he has Kendall in the ROOKIE dorm and is running him with the SECOND team!!! If this guy is not traded or cut by the end of camp I'll be shocked. Mangini is a character, I don't know if bullying your vet. players is wise but who knows?...maybe it will end up well for us.

rdhstlr23
07-27-2007, 02:09 PM
This really isn't too much news...Good pull though WV.

He's been asking to be traded or released if they wouldn't re-work his deal this whole time. It's still in the Jets hands. They can keep him and let him be 2nd string all the want, or they can wait to release him until before TC, along with many many other options.

I think he will be let go and he will eventually be a Dolphin.

m i n o
07-27-2007, 02:10 PM
im not real familiar with kendall is he gaurd or tackle? and would he start here in his respective position? thanks

Jim C. from NJ
07-27-2007, 02:16 PM
Guard

PhinFan0202
07-27-2007, 02:16 PM
That's so funny. That's like punishing an adult by sitting him at the kids table when you eat dinner.

ckparrothead
07-27-2007, 02:17 PM
Left Guard, exactly what we need at this point.

Anyway yeah I can't reproduce the whole article but Kendall in an interview with Leberfield sounded off...saying he doesn't know why he's there, he told Mangini and Tannenbaum he no longer wants to be there, he thinks it is unsalvagable at this point...they have him in the rookie dorm, running with the second team, little immature stuff like that.

Sounds to me like the Jets are just trying to prevent the Fins from getting a full training camp with Kendall. They'll release him when he makes so much noise that they can't stand the distraction anymore.

BLUEPHIN
07-27-2007, 02:19 PM
Hey Ck, would Kendall be a signifigant upgrade?

twohype
07-27-2007, 02:20 PM

Yep:)

Kenyan
07-27-2007, 02:20 PM
Kendall knows much too much about the Jets offense for them to risk letting him go to Miami (or anywhere in the AFC East.) It would probably be worth 1.7MM just to leave him on the bench.

Enforcerfin33
07-27-2007, 02:21 PM
Kendall knows much too much about the Jets offense for them to risk letting him go to Miami (or anywhere in the AFC East.) It would probably be worth 1.7MM just to leave him on the bench.
yeh...but they wont......

rdhstlr23
07-27-2007, 02:21 PM

Yes! What we have right now--Liwenski and Mormino--isn't as good as Kendall. Kendall isn't a great gaurd, but he's serviceable and an upgrade over those two. I don't think Mormino is ready to take over the position--we'll see. Liwenski is backup, depth type of guy. Kendall did such a great job playing between 2 new guys at new positions---rookies. It's like the same situation we have now...Carey at LT and Satele at C. I think he's help shorten the learning curve those two. He'd be a great and welcomed addition.

Kenyan
07-27-2007, 02:26 PM
yeh...but they wont......

Why do you say that? Seems like pocket change to have that kind of depth at G.

Ed Norton
07-27-2007, 02:28 PM
I don't know if the Dolphins can make a deal here. What would they have to give up to get him and how much is it going to cost to pay him? It would be great to put some more veteran leadership on the line but they also have to consider the cap. Even if these rookies turn out to be good they may get taken to school this year. One thing that will be cool is if he is not playing for the Jets:evil:

josephreese
07-27-2007, 02:29 PM

I think the issue is whether the upgrade is worth the money he's asking.

BLITZKRIEG
07-27-2007, 02:47 PM
Camp Mangini opens

Greetings from Day 1 of Camp Mangini. Things didn't get off to such a great start for the Jets. The early portion of the morning practice got real sloppy - in more ways than one. There were botched snaps, fumbled handoffs and a PDOV - a public display of vomiting. That's right, Leon Washington lost his, um, breakfast after completing a penalty lap for bobbling a handoff.

It has been an unsettling day all around. For the first time since 1997, the Jets didn't have their draft picks signed for the start of camp. First-round CB Darrelle Revis (14th overall pick) remains unsigned. This negotiation could get tricky because the players drafted in front of him and behind him (Rams DE Adam Carriker and Steelers LB Lawrence Timmons) signed five-year deals. Revis, too, prefers a five-year deal, but the Jets want to make it six years, the max allowed for a player selected in that spot.

Then, of course, there's the Pete Kendall situation. As expected, the disgruntled guard ripped the organization (yes, again), claiming he's being held hostage. Kendall, speaking after practice, said he doesn't want to be here. He believes the organization doesn't want him here, either. So why is he here? There are two reasons why the Jets haven't granted Kendall's request for a trade or released:

Despite his unhappiness with his contract, he's still a solid player and they don't want to unload an asset unless they can get something of value in return.

Vindictiveness. The Jets don't want to give Kendall a "Get Out of Jail Free" card because they know he'd sign immediately with divisional rival Miami.
When Kendall showed up to camp, he was assigned to the rookie dorm. Was that a statement by Mangini? The coach said it was an honest mix up.

"There's no conspiracy theory, there's no grassy knoll," Mangini said.

Anyway, Kendall complained to the coach and GM Mike Tannenbaum and his room got changed. In practice, he was relegated to second-team duty (another message?), although Mangini insisted that Kendall is rotating with Adrien Clarke.

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/

Sounds like the Jets don't want him coming here. They know that he's still a very solid player, and if he came to Miami he'd be an immediate upgrade for us....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

2xBlown
07-27-2007, 02:54 PM
Yes! What we have right now--Liwenski and Mormino--isn't as good as Kendall. Kendall isn't a great gaurd, but he's serviceable and an upgrade over those two. I don't think Mormino is ready to take over the position--we'll see. Liwenski is backup, depth type of guy. Kendall did such a great job playing between 2 new guys at new positions---rookies. It's like the same situation we have now...Carey at LT and Satele at C. I think he's help shorten the learning curve those two. He'd be a great and welcomed addition.

I believe Kendall was a Pro Bowler rather recently. Too lazy to actually look it up, but he's a fantastic left guard. Not the best in the league, but would automatically become one of our best linemen with Carey.

BleedinGreenNC
07-27-2007, 06:16 PM
If he wants to act like a baby, he gets treated like one. He should take a page out of Curtis Martins book.

I can tell you one thing, he is going to get traded, the Jet's are not going to realease him.

I would hope that they traded him to the NFC.

The Jet's know he is a good player, you guys are acting like the Jet's dont know what they have.

dlockz
07-27-2007, 08:49 PM
I don't see how that is news. From Newsday on JUNE 14TH:

"Veteran guard Pete Kendall addressed the media after practice today and told reporters that he wants to be traded or released from his current Jets contract. He gave a timeline of events since the end of the season that Kendall said brought him and the team to this point. Kendall said it is too early to say whether he will attend training camp in July, but he did have reservations about coming in for this weekend's mandatory minicamp. He also said he was in attendance for some of the early OTAs, but quickly realized that the contract situation was not going to be resolved so he left. He said the bridge is "not entirely burned" but made it clear that he is not happy to be here."

Guess he needs a better agent.

BleedinGreenNC
07-27-2007, 09:05 PM
Makes you wonder whats goin on in Jets camp? First Houston now this...

Houston is retiring due to injuries that he has had. Kendall can sit and rot on the bench for all i care.

TBW12
07-27-2007, 09:25 PM
funny how dolphin fans act like he's tony boselli in his prime and they all assume he'll come to miami. anyone consider that he might want to win?

Jets81
07-27-2007, 10:14 PM
Kendal has been asking for his release for a bit now. I think most Jets fans agree that he would be great to keep around for depth, which is something we won't have much of if he goes. I'd prefer to see him on the bench all season myself.

Iroquois Joe
07-28-2007, 11:24 AM
If he wants to act like a baby, he gets treated like one. He should take a page out of Curtis Martins book.

I can tell you one thing, he is going to get traded, the Jet's are not going to realease him.

I would hope that they traded him to the NFC.

The Jet's know he is a good player, you guys are acting like the Jet's dont know what they have.

No kidding.

If every fin member that posts a comment on Kendall is salivating at the thought of him beefing up their poop line with his more than adequate talents, knows how good he is, its safe to guess the Jets do to.

I will be surprised if ends up in the AFC, let alone Miami.

This Mangini seems to be a spitefull sob. He's not going to satisfy anyone's demands that step over a line. I think Kendall did do that. But bunking him with rookies will be noticed by some proud players as a slap against one of their own.

So it could could backfire in his face. Humiliating vets. Even a loud mouth like Kendall.

JT#1
07-28-2007, 01:45 PM
funny how dolphin fans act like he's tony boselli in his prime and they all assume he'll come to miami. anyone consider that he might want to win?
Randy Mueller originally drafted him in seattle, so if he is cut there is definitly a connection to our team that would make him sign with us.

BleedinGreenNC
07-28-2007, 09:57 PM
Randy Mueller originally drafted him in seattle, so if he is cut there is definitly a connection to our team that would make him sign with us.

But what does that have to do with winning? That man is going to ride the pine.

Mike13
07-28-2007, 11:13 PM

That doen't stop players from signing with Detroit now does it?
Anyway he's better than what we have at LG, it would be an upgrade.

JT#1
07-29-2007, 04:46 PM
But what does that have to do with winning? That man is going to ride the pine.
Players tend to care about money than winning, unless they have already made tons of money. You hardly ever see all-pro players \early in their career getting less money to play on a championship caliber team. They do it toward the end of their career after they already got their big pay day and are looking for a ring.

Rio
07-29-2007, 04:51 PM
Kendall is the missing link.

nyjunc
07-30-2007, 06:00 AM
I believe Kendall was a Pro Bowler rather recently. Too lazy to actually look it up, but he's a fantastic left guard. Not the best in the league, but would automatically become one of our best linemen with Carey.

Pete has never made the pro Bowl. he is a GOOD player but declining, we'd take a hit if we let him go but not a huge hit.

cnc66
07-30-2007, 06:28 AM
I'm not on top of it, but it seems he took a paycut for the team and when it was their turn to make it right they declined. He would have a lot less ammo if your GM had kept his mouth shut eh... sooo, is it the one million he wants that is the root of all this? Mangini doesn't feel he's worth it?

nyjunc
07-30-2007, 06:34 AM
I don't know the real story all i know is what has ben reported. Kendall claims he helped the Jets out by taking less money last year and that the Jets said they would take care of him but all we read last offseason was that kendall was going to be cut if he didn't take a paycut last year so I am not sure which story is true.

cnc66
07-30-2007, 06:38 AM
thanks Junky... I have ta tell ya, this is the kind of thing we have lived with for ten years.. it sure is refreshing that it "isn't" us this time. ... that it is a division opponent is even sweeter but my money says by seasons start Mangini will have it all figured out.. we will loooong for the days of Herm before Mangini is done there.

BleedinGreenNC
07-30-2007, 07:13 AM
Kendall is the missing link.

That well thought of post is your 1st one??

Trust me, Kendall is not the missing link.

Tell me why you think that?

BillsFanInPeace
07-30-2007, 10:35 AM
The problem is if Kendall is released are you willing to pay the top LG money that will take to land him. I mean you will not be the only team bidding for him. Your best bet is to trade for him.

FinAtic8480
07-30-2007, 10:38 AM
Unhappy Jets G Pete Kendall spoke to the media yesterday and said nothing has changed, although he did receive increased reps with the first team in the morning session before sitting out the evening practice (leg/knee). His bitter contract battle has been the talk of the organization and he said he has gotten plenty of support. "I'm not going to put anybody's name on it, coaches and players -- people in the building -- have expressed to me that they hope I get what I want," Kendall said. "More than a few have expressed that they don't necessarily agree with what's going on. It's probably eye-opening for a lot of people." Kendall, who is scheduled to earn $1.7 million but wants $2.7 million, said he believes the organization is making an example out of him, letting everyone know who's boss. Kendall said he's thought about leaving camp but doesn't want to pay a $14,000-per-day fine. He said he still likes the game, he's just not pleased with his situation. Miami is believed to be his preferred destination.

Pete Kendall, the Jets' disgruntled guard, said yesterday he believes the Jets are making an example out of him and he said he thinks it's a matter of time before they release or trade him. "I won't be here,'' Kendall said. "It's just a matter of when. I don't think this is going to go on much longer. I feel in my heart that I'm going to get moved on. I believe that decision has already been made.''

http://msn.foxsports.com/rumors/nfl#1

Hope Kendall is released, we need as much help as we can get on the o-line..

BillsFanInPeace
07-30-2007, 10:41 AM
My question if he is released do you think you are the only team that would be bidding for his services. And then would you be willing to shell out the money. Best chance to ensure you land him is work a trade out...

BillsFanInPeace
07-30-2007, 10:51 AM
Point it is Believed to be is preferred location.

But lets say a team like Houston tosses that 6 year 49 mil that LGs are getting now, are the Phins gonna pay that???

Dolfan1000
07-30-2007, 10:51 AM
Would be very nice, but release him soon please.

He needs the camp practice time.

Dolfan1000
07-30-2007, 10:53 AM

But lets say a team like Houston tosses that 6 year 49 mil that LGs are getting now, are the Phins gonna pay that???

Awww... Scared?

Even Houston cant be that stupid. I mean seriously, who would give a guard that kind of contract? Ridiculous. :)

dlockz
07-30-2007, 10:55 AM

Nobody is going to toss a fairly average older guard that kind of money

BillsFanInPeace
07-30-2007, 10:55 AM
Awww... Scared?

Even Houston cant be that stupid. I mean seriously, who would give a guard that kind of contract? Ridiculous. :)

No not scared, but some would consider Kendall a top LG so you have to look at the money that the top LGs are getting and be willing to pay that, is all I am saying....

I mean if he is released there will be 30 other teams looking at him.

To make sure you get him, you should trade for him

Dolfan1000
07-30-2007, 10:58 AM
I was kidding around. Dont want to turn this into that kind of thread.

(Maybe).

You make an interesting point, but theres several factors. One is obviously his age. Six years at 34 years old? Doubt it. Then theres the fact that its late July, practically August, and I dont see many teams willing to make that kind of financial commitment at this point. But you're right, he is a great player.

Would probably be a wash for you though; hurts the Jets but helps the Fins.

FinNasty
No not scared, but some would consider Kendall a top LG so you have to look at the money that the top LGs are getting and be willing to pay that, is all I am saying....

I mean if he is released there will be 30 other teams looking at him.

To make sure you get him, you should trade for him

Forget that...

I aint giving **** to anyone in our division...

FinAtic8480
I think alot of us know Kendall being released and automaticly signing with Miami is not a sure thing, but He has connection with Randy and after all it was Randy who drafted him, so I think we might see something similiar to what we did with Green and Cam.

Dolfan1000
07-30-2007, 10:59 AM
Just to clarify as well, there has been confirmed interest on both sides. We looked at Kendall earlier, around the draft time.

He was drafted in Seattle by our GM, Randy Mueller. Just FYI.

Crypt Keeper
07-30-2007, 10:59 AM

If Houston(or another team) offers that to a 34 year old guard, they can have him.

If Miami is interested, there is a good chance he will be a Dolphin if/when he is released. Miami has more cap room after releasing Culpepper and I think Pete wants to go to a team that plays the Jets twice a year. The Patriots already have a good line, Buffalo already overpaid for average guards, so it leaves Miami as his top choice.

angry dolfan
07-30-2007, 11:03 AM
Not once I have heard a direct statement from him that he wants to go to the Dolphins. Until he makes a direct statement about the Phins or he gets released and his agent begins talking with us, this guys name shouldn't be mentioned on this board. He's a Jet for Christ sake!!

BillsFanInPeace
07-30-2007, 11:05 AM
I understand the relationship with your GM.....

Is that the same type of relationship that I seen Diehlman being automatic to MIA early in the offseason....

I understand it is late July and money is tight, but there are ALOT of teams that have much more cap room, that may just think LG is the missing link.

FinAtic8480
07-30-2007, 11:05 AM
If Houston(or another team) offers that to a 34 year old guard, they can have him.

If Miami is interested, there is a good chance he will be a Dolphin if/when he is released. Miami has more cap room after releasing Culpepper and I think Pete wants to go to a team that plays the Jets twice a year. The Patriots already have a good line, Buffalo already overpaid for average guards, so it leaves Miami as his top choice

Miami has been the only team to express interest in him.

Continuing their effors to upgrade the offensive line, the Dolphins have contacted the Jets (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/nfl_experts/post/Dolphins-interested-in-Jets-Kendall?urn=nfl,31198) regarding the availability of veteran guard Pete Kendall.

Agent Neil Schwartz has been trying to re-negotiate Kendall's contract this offseason. Kendall has three years remaining on his current deal and is scheduled to earn $1.7 million in 2007. He is looking for a raise of approximately $1 million.

Negotiations do not appear to be going well, as the Jets attempted to trade the Boston College graduate prior to last weekend's NFL Draft.

Kendall was originally chosen by current Dolphins general manager Randy Mueller, then with Seattle, in the first round of the 1996 draft.

A team captain in New York, Kendall has started a 156 of 157 career games for Seattle, Arizona and New York. At 6-5, 280 pounds, he is unusually light for the position. But the Dolphins are making a move towards smaller, more nible guards this offseason.

They're also preaching versatility, requiring their lineman be able to play at least two positions. Though predominantly a left guard, Kendall has spent time at center during his 11-year career.

While the Dolphins could potentially make an offer for Kendall, the asking price could prove prohibitive. Though it is not unheard of for division rivals to trade with one another, the going rate on such deals is typically higher than normal for that very reason.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/nfl_experts/post/Dolphins-interested-in-Jets-Kendall?urn=nfl,31198

BillsFanInPeace
07-30-2007, 11:07 AM
Miami has been the only team to express interest in him.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/nfl_experts/post/Dolphins-interested-in-Jets-Kendall?urn=nfl,31198

Understand that but at the same time why would teams express interest for a trade when they can count on he may be released.

See this is going to be a similar thing as Darwin Walker. There were teams just waiting for him to go back to Philly and get cut. Fins were one of them.

But Chi wanted him and made sure they got him by trading for him

Jets81
07-30-2007, 11:07 AM
My question if he is released do you think you are the only team that would be bidding for his services. And then would you be willing to shell out the money. Best chance to ensure you land him is work a trade out...

A trade would be amazing, but unlikely. I'm guessing the Jets will eventually release him. He IS working out with the team, so I can't imagine anyone would be in a rush to pick him up since it's not like he's out of shape. All in all, I'm just sick of hearing about the guy. He's not worth the money or the headache.

Dolfan1000
07-30-2007, 11:08 AM

Is that the same type of relationship that I seen Diehlman being automatic to MIA early in the offseason....

I understand it is late July and money is tight, but there are ALOT of teams that have much more cap room, that may just think LG is the missing link.

No, because at the time we didnt have the cap flexibility to go that route, nor did we see giving a guard that type of money as very logical. Make no mistake, if Miami went after Dielman hard, he could very well be here today. We'll never know, because little attempt was made.

I guess we'll see, but if hes released, I would say I would give it a 90% chance he ends up here. When theres a lot of talk that goes on, about a player and a particular team, I find it eventually falls into place. Like they say, and I find it to be very accurate in NFL rumor circles, "where theres smoke, theres fire". Multiple links and mentions of Kendall to the Dolphins maekes me think it has legs.

TheJetsBlow
07-30-2007, 11:15 AM
Awww... Scared?

And a 34-year old guard at that.

Jets81
07-30-2007, 11:28 AM
No kidding.

This Mangini seems to be a spitefull sob. He's not going to satisfy anyone's demands that step over a line. I think Kendall did do that. But bunking him with rookies will be noticed by some proud players as a slap against one of their own.

So it could could backfire in his face. Humiliating vets. Even a loud mouth like Kendall.

Aside of the Kendall situation, most reports from TC have been pretty good. It seems that Kendall is isolating himself during practice whenever he's not on the field. That would lead me to believe that he's not getting as much sympathy from players as some might believe. Players could also be staying away so not to draw the ire of the coach. Hard to say.

He also stated that a "lot" of people in the organization hope he gets what he's looking for (I'm assuming released), and more then a "few" were on his side in the situation. That leads me to believe that some players just want him released already, sick of hearing him complain and sick of all the press coverage he's getting.

Kenyan
07-30-2007, 11:33 AM
A trade would be amazing, but unlikely. I'm guessing the Jets will eventually release him.

I'd be surprised if the Jets let him walk for free. He's a starter and a veteran, so that's got to count for something. Regardless, the odds of him being a Dolphin next year are so long, it's a virtual impossibility. If, by chance, Miami agrees to a lopsided deal with the NYJ, I'll drink a pint of bongwater.

PhinzN703
07-30-2007, 11:39 AM

Again, we can't all be like the mighty mighty Patriots.

Kinzua
07-30-2007, 11:41 AM
Since Kendall was a starter last season, I would be surprised if Kendall is released. I think that the Jets will try to trade him first, most likely to a team in the NFC. Even a seventh rounder is better than nothing.

Kenyan
07-30-2007, 11:43 AM
He also stated that a "lot" of people in the organization hope he gets what he's looking for (I'm assuming released), and more then a "few" were on his side in the situation.

Hmm, yet no one has come out publically and stated that on paper, it's just Pete telling us so. Kinda like the 'promises' he was made, that oddly enough, also never made it onto paper.

Crypt Keeper
07-30-2007, 11:44 AM
Since Kendall was a starter last season, I would be surprised if Kendall is released. I think that the Jets will try to trade him first, most likely to a team in the NFC. Even a seventh rounder is better than nothing.
Easier said then done.

Brown42000
07-30-2007, 11:46 AM

No one is going to pay that kind of money to a 34 year old guard and if they do they can have him for that kind of price tag.

RoninFin4
07-30-2007, 11:49 AM

How's Derrick Dockery? And what's up w/my boy Langston Walker?

m i n o
07-30-2007, 11:52 AM
i didn't know he was banged up(sat out afternoon practice due to knee/leg). is that a guy we are getting excited about playing here? is the injury serious?
if he can't complete a day of tc i'd hate to throw money at him and he end up not playing a down for us. ck or boomer do you guys know the severity of that injury? i dont' know much about kendall so your input would be apreceiated.

Virginia99
07-30-2007, 12:03 PM

I can see him using the Dolphins as leverage to get a new contract with the Jets. They may not want to cut him knowing he'll end up in Miami helping them. It could be a ploy.

BillsFanInPeace
07-30-2007, 12:06 PM
How's Derrick Dockery? And what's up w/my boy Langston Walker?

They are doing alright

Dockery and Peters are going to be one of the Best Left sides in football in the near future

FinAtic8480
07-30-2007, 12:15 PM
Jets | Kendall believes he will be moved soon
Mon, 30 Jul 2007 08:52:17 -0700
J.P. Pelzman (http://www.kffl.com/link/132), of the Bergen Record (http://www.kffl.com/link/131), reports disgruntled New York Jets (http://www.kffl.com/team/27/nfl) OG Pete Kendall (http://www.kffl.com/player/32/nfl) feels he will not remain with the team much longer. "I don't feel that this is going to go on much longer," Kendall said. "I feel in my heart that I'm going to get moved. I believe that this decision has already been made."

Kinzua
07-30-2007, 12:20 PM
Easier said then done.

Not necessarily. By the end of preseason, it's likely that some contending team will lose a starting guard and need a replacement -- and be willing to plunk down a draft pick and some extra cash for a starting caliber guard. Even at 34, Kendall has a couple of years left.

The Bills just traded DT Darwin Walker to Chicago for a conditional 5th rounder because the Bears are short on DTs. Everybody thought he'd be returned to the Eagles because he wouldn't come to terms with the Bills. I think that the Bills had this in mind for a while but were only waiting to see how sophomore DT John McCargo came back from off-season surgery before pulling the trigger. That means the Bills got at least a 5th and a 7th for Takeo Spikes (who's only a shadow of his Pro Bowl self) because Philly is in need of LB help.

Just because other teams aren't making their interest in Kendall front page news (ala the Dolphins) doesn't mean that they aren't interested. Many teams prefer to do things outside of the media glare.

PhinGeneral
07-30-2007, 12:21 PM

I agree, which is why they've probably kept him around this long as they know once he's released he may well make a bee-line to Miami and visa-versa.

The only issues with a trade is that any team wanting to pick him up would probably have to be willing to restructure his contract or face an unhappy player who could be a distraction. He also would be limited to teams that prefer lighter, quicker guards.

Dolfan1000
07-30-2007, 02:12 PM
Not necessarily. By the end of preseason, it's likely that some contending team will lose a starting guard and need a replacement -- and be willing to plunk down a draft pick and some extra cash for a starting caliber guard. Even at 34, Kendall has a couple of years left.

The Bills just traded DT Darwin Walker to Chicago for a conditional 5th rounder because the Bears are short on DTs. Everybody thought he'd be returned to the Eagles because he wouldn't come to terms with the Bills. I think that the Bills had this in mind for a while but were only waiting to see how sophomore DT John McCargo came back from off-season surgery before pulling the trigger. That means the Bills got at least a 5th and a 7th for Takeo Spikes (who's only a shadow of his Pro Bowl self) because Philly is in need of LB help.

Just because other teams aren't making their interest in Kendall front page news (ala the Dolphins) doesn't mean that they aren't interested. Many teams prefer to do things outside of the media glare.

I fail to see why this is such a big deal. OH a 5th for Darwin Walker! Hoorah! I mean, Im all for having visitors to finheaven, but it intrigues me as to why theres a sudden Bills fan reunion in a thread about the Dolphins potentially acquiring Pete Kendall. Sounds to me like you may not like the idea because frankly, it would a) improve our team significantly and b) make the signing of Dockery at that ridiculous sum look even worse.

Just throwing this out there.

rdhstlr23
07-30-2007, 02:44 PM
First off, we wouldn't be shelling out "top LG money". What we'd give him is what he's asking for. He's stated it before. He's not looking for gi-normous pay raise or be one of the top paid OG's. He just wants the pay-cut he took last year from the Jets that the Jets supposedly said they would give him back this year. If he were released and we signed him it would be around 2.7-3 million/yr. Hardly "big-time" money.

The offensive line is clearly an issue with the Dolphins. Is he the missing link? I don't think so. I don't think many other fans think so either, but who knows. I do know this. He presents a short-term solution to the biggest problem facing this team currently. He certainly makes this team a better team this year and gives us a stronger chance at doing well.

He won't be traded. The Jets already tried that. In fact, the Jets and Dolphins were in trade discussions around the NFL draft time, but a deal fell through---it was reported that it didn't get done primarily because Miami felt he would be released later. I don't suspect he will be traded. With that said, Mangini won't just hand him to Miami. My guess, is that he will hold onto him until the least possible moment---maybe cut him right before the season when cuts are made. Or not cut him at all and just let him ride the pine. The only issue is Pete Kendall. He's going to make a stink about it all year long. If Adrien Clarke is injured or is under-performing. I don't know if you want Pete Kendall to play---or if he will.

I still believe the Jets will release Pete Kendall. It's been rumored through so many articles that Miami is the supposedly has the biggest interest and Kendall has serious interest in joining Miami. You say he wants to win and why would he go to Miami...who knows how Miami will do? Did anyone expect the Jets to go 10-6 last year and make the playoffs? Or what about the Saints? Anything can happen. Things are headed in the right direction in Miami.

Shamboubou
07-30-2007, 02:49 PM
I fail to see why this is such a big deal. OH a 5th for Darwin Walker! Hoorah! I mean, Im all for having visitors to finheaven, but it intrigues me as to why theres a sudden Bills fan reunion in a thread about the Dolphins potentially acquiring Pete Kendall. Sounds to me like you may not like the idea because frankly, it would a) improve our team significantly and b) make the signing of Dockery at that ridiculous sum look even worse.

:0wned:

Green Phin
07-30-2007, 02:49 PM
PFT says that "Kendall might want to not go much further than that ever. Sooner or later, his strategy of disruption is going to get him the T.O. treatment. Two years ago (man, it seems so much longer than that), Owens was sent home for a week from training camp as he employed the same "report, but disrupt" approach in an effort to convey displeasure with his contract. Eventually, the Eagles suspended Owens for four games with pay, for conduct detrimental to the team.
Kendall could be facing the same fate, if he doesn't put a sock in it soon. And that $14,000-per-day holdout fine could pale in comparison to the $397,000 he'd lose in game checks if such a suspension were to stick."

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

If the Jests choose to go that way, they could release him after the four game suspension.

Kinzua
07-30-2007, 02:59 PM

Teams don't throw away players that have value. Didn't Miami hold on to Daunte because they wanted to work out a trade for him? Didn't KC hold on to Green until they worked out a deal with the Fins?

Experienced, starter-quality guards have considerable value, and I think that the Jets will try very hard to trade Kendall before they release him.

slickj101
07-30-2007, 03:19 PM
Teams don't throw away players that have value. Didn't Miami hold on to Daunte because they wanted to work out a trade for him? Didn't KC hold on to Green until they worked out a deal with the Fins?

Experienced, starter-quality guards have considerable value, and I think that the Jets will try very hard to trade Kendall before they release him.

Your trying to compare franchise, or at one time franchise QBs trade value to that of an aging left guard. :err:

rdhstlr23
07-30-2007, 03:23 PM
The Jets have tried to trade Pete Kendall. They were shopping him around the draft when he was complaining about his deal then. The Dolphins were one of the teams interested. Their might be a bigger market for Kendall than just Miami. I don't know if there is right now. If guy's go down then that market could get even bigger.

This idea that he will get 6 yrs at 49 million is just dumb. There is no way any team will throw that deal to a guy who is a good--not great, not top 20--but good, quality starter on the line and is 34 yrs old.

By the way Kinzua, if Takeo Spikes stays healthy, he could run wild in Jim Johnson's blitzing scheme in Philly. Getting a 5th and 7th wouldn't be the greatest of returns for OLB who had a good, not even great, season and stayed healthy all year long. JMO. Spikes' upside is large. Plus, the media said that Buffalo fans and FO personnel would have been disappointed had they gotten a 6th and 7th for the Spikes deal (seeing that Walker goes back to Philly). Does a 5th round pick really make the deal that much better? JMO.

SF Dolfan
07-30-2007, 03:24 PM

I actually don't think its far fetched at all. The Jets management clearly has issues with the guy and between the fact that he still has some talent left and the F.O. apparantly willing to hold onto him out of spite, he could be there for a good chunk of camp. I don't they're in a huge rush to release him and prefer to exhaust all trade options before he's alowwed to move on.

BwanaZulia
07-30-2007, 04:30 PM
I think they would have given him the money if he had shut up, but now.. no way and that is ok. He will be missed, but hopefully just a little bit.

BZ

Zeke0123
07-30-2007, 04:36 PM
Hmm, yet no one has come out publically and stated that on paper, it's just Pete telling us so. Kinda like the 'promises' he was made, that oddly enough, also never made it onto paper.It would be suicide for any Jet to back Kendall on paper now.

FinaticalOne
07-30-2007, 04:39 PM

Completey different comparison...

You are comparing a 14-2 Super Bowl contender who showed loyalty to him by offering a huge contract vs. a playoff caliber team who showed him no love after all his hard work and loyalty to his team.

Kenyan
07-30-2007, 04:45 PM
It would be suicide for any Jet to back Kendall on papaer now.

Of course. My point was that there are a lot of things coming out of Kendall's mouth that are unfounded.

BleedinGreenNC
07-30-2007, 08:27 PM
Your trying to compare franchise, or at one time franchise QBs trade value to that of an aging left guard. :err:

He was nowhere near a franchise QB when he was with the Fins.

Kendall played most of the year last year.

BleedinGreenNC
07-30-2007, 08:28 PM
Fact is, he is still a Jet. He is not guaranteed to go to the Fins.

cnc66
07-30-2007, 08:51 PM
well, I would welcome another jet hater into our fold... no offense intended... : )

Crypt Keeper
07-30-2007, 08:54 PM

No doubt about it that teams shop players. But high profiled players get cut all the time when trades don't happen. You can't seriously tell me that the Jets haven't been shopping Kendall real hard over the last few months. Just because the Dolphins don't plan on trading for doesn't mean he won't come here. Even if a team trades for him, they will have to give him a pay raise, or he will just sit out for his new team.

Why are all the Bills fans suddenly showing up to tell us that one player isn't coming to Miami because they think he will get traded? Seems like a lot of fear going through the Bill's fans mind. Or maybe jealousy. Could it be that Miami has the potential to land a better guard then Derrick Dockery and at cheaper price? I dunno, but it seems like they really don't want us to get Kendall.

Jets81
07-30-2007, 10:31 PM
I'd trade Kendal for a 6 pack and a hand job at this point. GET. HIM. OUT.

Roman529
07-31-2007, 12:25 AM
Not once I have heard a direct statement from him that he wants to go to the Dolphins. Until he makes a direct statement about the Phins or he gets released and his agent begins talking with us, this guys name shouldn't be mentioned on this board. He's a Jet for Christ sake!!

Their loss would be our gain. :lol:

WatCanBrownDo4U
07-31-2007, 01:30 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/rumors/nfl

pete prefers miami to be his new home...

Perfect23
07-31-2007, 03:07 AM
stuff we have known for awhile

njfinfan
07-31-2007, 05:09 AM
It's getting worse in the Jets / Kendall situation. Now he's threatening to file a grievance.

http://www.nj.com/jets/ledger/index.ssf?/base/sports-0/118585600356490.xml&coll=1

The gap between the Jets and outspoken and unhappy guard Pete Kendall keeps getting wider.

Yesterday, Kendall, who is locked in an ugly contract dispute, suggested he would file a grievance with the players association if he gets suspended for conduct detrimental to the team.

BleedinGreenNC
07-31-2007, 08:19 AM
Let him file it, he is a whiney little girl.

Good riddance to him when he leaves.