PDA

View Full Version : GIMP anyone?

FiveStar
07-30-2007, 06:49 PM
I am always buggin everyone in the GFX mall so i was wonderin if any one can help me install GIMP into my computer so i can start making some sigs, banners, avy, ect.. Anything u kno about GIMP like installing it, how to use it, if u like it, anything, please let me know
Thanks

YM305
07-30-2007, 06:54 PM
here is the link to download it.............

http://www.download.com/The-GIMP/3000-2192_4-10635470.html?tag=lst-4-1

FiveStar
07-30-2007, 06:56 PM
This will not give me viruses or make my computer extremly slow will it?

like2god
07-30-2007, 07:04 PM
No, it shouldn't.

The file isn't that big and the site is a good one.

FiveStar
07-30-2007, 07:21 PM
Wow, I must be a complete moron wen it comes to computers. I downloaded from the site above and then it came to my desktop i downloaded that then i didnt know where to go from there so i clicked the second icon again and sumhow it uninstalled.

like2god
07-30-2007, 07:40 PM
Wow, I must be a complete moron wen it comes to computers. I downloaded from the site above and then it came to my desktop i downloaded that then i didnt know where to go from there so i clicked the second icon again and sumhow it uninstalled.
:lol:

It happens

Check your desktop for any new icons. If you don't see any, go to Start in the lower lefthand corner of your screen and click it. Is there anything there in the programs list that says GIMP or looks new?

If not, try downloading it again to your Desktop, then just follow the instructions for installation. Maybe someone else can give you a little more guidance for setup and installation.

FiveStar
07-31-2007, 10:36 AM
Didn't Work, Maybe i can find sumone who can help me like in the neighborhood or family. But thanks for ur help guys!

Charlie Brown
07-31-2007, 12:02 PM
I Use GIMP, its a great program......especially for free. Ive had GIMP for a couple of monthes and I havent seen any sign of any viruses or seen any type of reduced speed on my computer. Its pretty simple to use, if you have any questions on how to use GIMP then just PM me and I will try and help you.