PDA

View Full Version : Donte Whitner on Ted Ginn Jr.......

evans555
07-31-2007, 12:50 PM
Per sirius radio at Bills camp

-On Tedd Ginn Jr: "I got something for him, I know his weaknesses and I'm gonna tell my teammates. He doesn't like to get hit, so hes gonna get his.........

Looks like we have a little ohio st. rival brewing here :)

BleedinGreenNC
07-31-2007, 12:52 PM
Doesnt like to get hit??

Should be an interesting game between you guys, i cant wait to watch it.

Tone_E
07-31-2007, 12:59 PM
That is a great piece of advice to tell his team. If only he can share some wisdom as to how to catch him to apply the hit. :)

Whitner's weakness = Ginn Jr.

evans555
07-31-2007, 01:02 PM
That is a great piece of advice to tell his team. If only he can share some wisdom as to how to catch him to apply the hit. :)

haha good point.....Ginn's speed reminds me of Roscoe who the Bills plan on using much more this season

Brassmonki14120
07-31-2007, 01:03 PM

During Dolphins Offensive position Whitner can step off the field and hit Ginn as he's watching the Offensive unit on the field. Ginn wont be involved with the offense allot this year.

Trackstar
07-31-2007, 02:54 PM
During Dolphins Offensive position Whitner can step off the field and hit Ginn as he's watching the Offensive unit on the field. Ginn wont be involved with the offense allot this year.

I hope all the defensive coordinators believe the same. :evil:

Vertical Limit
07-31-2007, 02:56 PM
I had a feeling Donte Whitner would say something like this when we drafted Teddy Ginn.

LtDan
07-31-2007, 02:58 PM
Keep thinking that

PhinzN703
07-31-2007, 03:14 PM

I'd like the lottery numbers too when you get the chance. Thanks

John from Hemet
07-31-2007, 03:40 PM
haha good point.....Ginn's speed reminds me of Roscoe who the Bills plan on using much more this season

And we worry about Roscoe for that exact same reason.

Zeke0123
07-31-2007, 04:08 PM
Wow! thats an incredible new flash...I dont know of any other recievers that dont like to get hit...Ginn had better learn to like it or he will have problems :rolleyes:.

cnc66
07-31-2007, 04:19 PM

what a stupid comment

TotoreMexico
07-31-2007, 04:28 PM

Thanks coach!

GoBills24
07-31-2007, 04:39 PM
Wow! thats an incredible new flash...I dont know of any other recievers that dont like to get hit...Ginn had better learn to like it or he will have problems :rolleyes:.

Ehhh, there's no receivers that LIKE to get hit.

Either one of two things is (1) you don't like it (2) you don't mind it.

JIVE
07-31-2007, 04:58 PM
Per sirius radio at Bills camp

-On Tedd Ginn Jr: "I got something for him, I know his weaknesses and I'm gonna tell my teammates. He doesn't like to get hit, so hes gonna get his.........

Looks like we have a little ohio st. rival brewing here :)

Not exactly the comradery I would expect from former teammates.

Kenyan
07-31-2007, 05:08 PM
Not exactly the comradery I would expect from former teammates.

Actually, I'd imagine that's exactly what it is, just some good-natured trashtalk. That's why he made such an absurd statement. No one LIKES to get hit, he was just painting Ted as being soft.
As much as we'd like to think otherwise, 1) we probably care more about divisional rivalries than the players do (Jason Taylor excepted) and 2) college teammates typically have closer and more enduring ties than NFL teammates.

The Confessor
07-31-2007, 05:11 PM
what a stupid comment

Now why do you say that Marty? To date, that is exactly what Cam has stated. Mostly a Special Teams demon with some specialized plays thrown in.

Jets81
07-31-2007, 06:16 PM
Now why do you say that Marty? To date, that is exactly what Cam has stated. Mostly a Special Teams demon with some specialized plays thrown in.

That was my understanding of Ginn as well. Maybe a 3rd down type of role? Who knows. Unless he makes some phenomenal plays on ST, I'd expect him to play a fair amount on offense to justify the pick.

cnc66
07-31-2007, 06:44 PM

he said it to diminish the value of Ginn, and is wishful thinking on his part.

Ginn wont be involved with the offense allot this year.

Cam did not say that at all, not once. He laid out the plan, special teams, work him into the offense. What part of that means that he will NOT be seriously involved in our offense. Simply lining him up forces coverages to shift, and if they don't, they WILL pay.

The Confessor
07-31-2007, 07:52 PM
He laid out the plan, special teams, work him into the offense. What part of that means that he will NOT be seriously involved in our offense. Simply lining him up forces coverages to shift, and if they don't, they WILL pay.

This I do agree with.

Some gadget plays. Overloads.. Wouldnt just say 3rd down either. I think we will see very similar to what Bush did with NO last year, but I dont think he will be in on more than 5 plays on offense per game... Of course I have been wrong before, many many times....IF Ginn starts plays a significant role on Offense, that means things are going very very good IMO...

byroan
07-31-2007, 08:12 PM
:rofl:

How many receivers do like to get hit?

Zeke0123
07-31-2007, 10:56 PM
:rofl:

How many receivers do like to get hit?shhhh its a seekret...no one in the NFL can find out Ginn doesnt LIKE getting hit:foundout:

Brassmonki14120
08-01-2007, 12:05 AM
he said it to diminish the value of Ginn, and is wishful thinking on his part.

Take what I said however you want to take it but I don't see how I could diminish Ginn's offensive value when he wont be on the field with the Offense very often this year.

The only ways to get him in the game would be to spell CC/Booker or if they played 3 or 4 wide.

With Miami's O-Line looking to be a work in progress all season long I can't see them playing 3 or 4 wide very often unless they are playing catch up in the 4th quarter.

He may get the ball on offense 2 maybe 3 times a game this season so he doesn't really have any offensive value to diminish... yet. But that's just my opinion.