PDA

View Full Version : Is the NFL fixed???

Roman529
01-20-2008, 09:34 PM
There is no way that a team like the Patriots, with pretty average players (other than maybe four pro bowlers: Brady, Moss, Seau, and maybe Bruschi) could win every close game without a lot of help from the referees. Since the "tuck game" ...rhymes with F-U, the Pats have won every close important game since then.

Why would the NFL fix games? Because they want high ratings which is gauranteed when you have the NFL's two poster boys playing in the Superbowl. Who does John Madden have the biggest hard-on for every Sunday night.....Brady and Favre,,,,who is on his horse trailer just about every week? You guessed it.

Today's game showed how things are fixed...a dirty hit by Marvin Harrison...it's never called....a cheap hit by Vrabel...Seymour hitting Rivers helmet to helmet. Sorry, it goes beyond "having a good team that is well coached." :shakeno:

phinman1
01-20-2008, 09:38 PM
Nobody hates the Patsies more than I do, but I don't think anything is fixed. The Chargers lost because they got field goals instead of TD's, but I know how you feel man.

CA Dolfan
01-20-2008, 09:40 PM
There is no way that a team like the Patriots, with pretty average players (other than maybe four pro bowlers: Brady, Moss, Seau, and maybe Bruschi) could win every close game without a lot of help from the referees. Since the "tuck game" ...rhymes with F-U, the Pats have won every close important game since then.

Why would the NFL fix games? Because they want high ratings which is gauranteed when you have the NFL's two poster boys playing in the Superbowl. Who does John Madden have the biggest hard-on for every Sunday night.....Brady and Favre,,,,who is on his horse trailer just about every week? You guessed it.

Today's game showed how things are fixed...a dirty hit by Marvin Harrison...it's never called....a cheap hit by Vrabel...Seymour hitting Rivers helmet to helmet. Sorry, it goes beyond "having a good team that is well coached." :shakeno:

If this is true the team playing them will have to play a perfect game.

SpurzN703
01-20-2008, 09:41 PM
Is this a serious post?

Aqua4Ever04
01-20-2008, 09:46 PM
I am certain that the NFL desperatley tried to have the Colts beat the Chargers last week to set up the big NE/Indy matchup.

Roman529
01-20-2008, 09:47 PM
Is this a serious post?

Very serious,,,,we have already seen one crooked ref in the NBA and the NFL is ten times bigger.

Straztheman
01-20-2008, 09:51 PM
Roman, I agree with you every close game the Pats win, but they do have talent but damn the Ravens, Giants, and Eagles games made me sick. All three of those games could have benn losses its just sad.

Majpain
01-20-2008, 09:53 PM
Look at the Packers. Did you see that bail out call.

Roman529
01-20-2008, 10:04 PM
Roman, I agree with you every close game the Pats win, but they do have talent but damn the Ravens, Giants, and Eagles games made me sick. All three of those games could have benn losses its just sad.

The Raven's game was flat out robbery. It's gonna take a perfect game by the Pack or Giants to beat the Pats in the SB....hopefully the refs will let the players play the game and not throw flags all game long.

King Felix
01-20-2008, 10:27 PM
they have more talent than you are giving them.

jguig
01-20-2008, 10:40 PM
I hate to think that anything can be fixed but....

The lack of calls against the Pats in the SD game was alarming. Vrabel tripped Rivers on that interception. He tripped him. No call. It lead to a Pats TD.

Then there were two clear off sides during the game. Two way off sides. No calls. Neither was replayed by the network.

It makes me suspicious that they want the Pats to win for the ratings.

And why did the NFL burn the evidence about the Spygate scandal? The Pats cheated and then the NFL burns the evidence?

m i n o
01-20-2008, 10:53 PM
too easily manipulated more than fixed..the refs are there to make sure the game is played fairly but noone is making sure the refs are calling it fairly. the nfl also manipulates the media to a point.

i've seen way too many bs calls the last few years to think it's just coincidence. and now we have a another name for a cat in goodell suposedly overseeing things.. after seeing things take place this year it is obvious who is "running" the nfl.

a big role model for the kids i tell ya..it's ok to cheat blatently,it's ok to do steriods.
it's ok to run people over with your car whilst drunk(leonard little). as long as you are making money for them.

i as well will not be watching this years superbowl..i would say lets all boycott but it is the only sport i am a fan of..used to like wrestling till i found out that was fake when i was 12.

Majpain
01-20-2008, 11:19 PM
Glad the Packers. That team gets all the breaks. that 50 yard TD run by Bradshaw they called back because the Packer fell over.

MR NFLFAN
01-20-2008, 11:22 PM

Roman its obvious your a jealous fan :boohoo: but come on ...Marvin Harrison?????

Any real fan would know he plays for the colts.

Dolphin1184
01-20-2008, 11:22 PM
Roman its obvious your a jealous fan :boohoo: but come on ...Marvin Harrison?????

:sidelol:

Roman529
01-20-2008, 11:24 PM

FYI....Rodney (my bad) is probably the dirtiest player in the NFL.....not jealousy, but it is shame a team with that much talent has to play dirty. I guess you missed Seymour tripping Rivers on the INT as well. :lol:

Dolphin1184
01-20-2008, 11:25 PM
FYI....Marvin is probably the dirtiest player in the NFL.....not jealousy, but it is shame a team with that much talent has to play dirty. I guess you missed Seymour tripping Rivers on the INT as well. :lol:

Do you mean Rodney Harrison?

Majpain
01-20-2008, 11:25 PM
Great we get to see The Pats stomp a mud hole in the G-men.

Brady 350+ 5 TDs

Bonedoc7777
01-20-2008, 11:28 PM
when you reward a team that has been involved in such a serious crime as the pats have then you have to think that something is probably not always as it seems, the league burned five years worth of tapes they took from new england with not a hint of what was on them, the entire cheating thing was covered up, that is why you cannot seriosly think that the pats have done this all by themselves

Bonedoc7777
01-20-2008, 11:31 PM
the refs have too much control over the game, too many rules, too many interpretations of those rules, everything is slanted to the offense and the QB, an all you hear from the media is everybody does it, my kid asked me already dad how come the patriots cheated and it was ok and if i did that it is bad

MR NFLFAN
01-20-2008, 11:35 PM
when you reward a team that has been involved in such a serious crime as the pats have then you have to think that something is probably not always as it seems, the league burned five years worth of tapes they took from new england with not a hint of what was on them, the entire cheating thing was covered up, that is why you cannot seriosly think that the pats have done this all by themselves

It's probably part of a larger goverment conspiracy...like maybe the CIA was in on it too.. huh?

:sidelol:

TexanPhinatic
01-20-2008, 11:39 PM
IMO covering up that cheating thing was just an arrogant move by Goodell, who Im liking less by the day, to cover up for his buddy Kraft's team. Please ...
Im not gonna go so far as to say games are fixed, but how New England has gotten seemingly EVERY major break for years is just starting to grate on me, made all the worse by the fact we have been in a downward spiral for years while being in the same season.
This season was just the capper. Beast season ever for them, and worst for us. I hate that team so much. I was hoping to see the Pack beat them in the SB, but now I have to hope for Manning #2 to win, but all I see is New England 52 New York 10.
I hate New England ....

Bonedoc7777
01-20-2008, 11:41 PM
this season will never be reconized by the nfl as time passes and the facts come out about this cheating

HysterikiLL
The image and the reality are never wholly true. If you look hard enough at something, you can find anything. Or nothing.

McMichael
No... sure there are bad calls all the time, but thats why they have replay...

Did you not see one of the Giant's D-Lineman flatten Favre into the ground on one play after the ball had already been thrown??? could have easily been roughing the passer, yet there was no call.

the holding call on that Bradshaw TD run was close, but it did look like he had his jersey...

and the colts/chargers game last week, people are saying refs were in favor of the colts but thats COMPLETE BS. Watch the whole game and you will see that Indy was actually penalized MORE than SD in that game.. especially in the second half...

McMichael
01-20-2008, 11:45 PM
The refs have a much harder job than people think...

When we see plays, we get to see them from freaking 5 different angles, in slow motion, from a camera 100 feet up in the air...

The refs have to call them from the field, in full paced action, AS THEY HAPPEN.

Just think a little and you will realize how bad calls happen...

MikeO
01-20-2008, 11:48 PM
The NBA was fixed!!

Could the NFL be fixed?? SURE! Why not. All the money out there and money floating around. It's not crazy.

Now is it FIXED for the Pats. NOPE!!

It's easier to fix a game between bad teams because nobody is paying attention. Could the Miami-Cincy game have been fixed. I could believe that because nobody watched or was paying attention.

When the Pats or good teams are playing, odds are they aren't fixed these days because too many eyeballs are on those games

CharlestonPhan
01-20-2008, 11:50 PM
the Patsies run has been a big ratings grabber for the NFL this season. and it is amazing to see how few penalties get called on them. today was no exception.

does that equal a conspiracy? who knows, but i can definitely see the league reminding the refs that the Patriot's going for their undefeated season means big ratings, and to "keep things in the proper perspective" when officiating their games.

the shame of todays game is that they were VERY beatable today. i will bet Peyton Manning was pulling his hair out watching it.

the Chargers can blame themselves for getting inside the ten on three separate occasions and walking away with only field goals.

Bonedoc7777
01-20-2008, 11:57 PM
you cannot respect what they have done this year when they have been convicted of seriously breaking NFL Rules, the pats organization is guilty of this during a season like this is a major question

McMichael
01-21-2008, 12:00 AM
The only thing I think the refs are a little biased on is protecting their "star" quarterbacks...

But for sure the Chargers had a great chance to win that game, they just didn't execute in the redzone.

but of course like someone else said the NBA was fixed so it's very possible the NFL could be partially fixed as well

Fresh
01-21-2008, 12:01 AM
Baltimore game was certainly fixed.

Anyone who argues against that DOESN'T HAVE MY RESPECT.

TexanPhinatic
01-21-2008, 12:01 AM
you cannot respect what they have done this year when they have been convicted of seriously breaking NFL Rules, the pats organization is guilty of this during a season like this is a major question

I agree but the NFL management is 100% determined to sweep that under the rug. For whatever reason they have, I dont know, but they dont want to recognize it.

MR NFLFAN
01-21-2008, 12:28 AM
Its easy to understand the NFL is fixed mentality here. When your team can only muster 1 win in 16 tries the fans tend to spiral into some fantasy world unable to grasp the fact that management can be that bad. Poor coaching along with bad personel decisions fall directly on the shoulders of the owner not the NFL. In fact the NFL has done all it can to assure a league of parity but one can't expect them to actually manage each team seperately.

McMichael
01-21-2008, 12:32 AM
Its easy to understand the NFL is fixed mentality here. When your team can only muster 1 win in 16 tries the fans tend to spiral into some fantasy world unable to grasp the fact that management can be that bad. Poor coaching along with bad personel decisions fall directly on the shoulders of the owner not the NFL. In fact the NFL has done all it can to assure a league of parity but one can't expect them to actually manage each team seperately.

I don't think the games are fixed at all.

But I'm 100% sure the patriots broke the league rules this year, in a big way, as in spying on other teams and trying to steal their signals....

yah what class that shows....

Should have known though a guy as shady as belichick was cheating.

Gator Mike
01-21-2008, 12:47 AM
But I'm 100% sure the patriots broke the league rules this year, in a big way, as in spying on other teams and trying to steal their signals....
Just to be perfectly clearly, stealing other team's signals is not illegal. I'd bet every team in the league tries to do it. Hell, it happens in baseball every time there's a runner on 2nd base.

It's not even illegal to use a video camera to steal the other team's signals.

It's illegal to do it from the sidelines. THAT'S what the Patriots did wrong.

#1dolphinsfan
01-21-2008, 01:02 AM
There is a posiblity that the Ravens game was fixed i think that the Ravens won that Gaffney didnt make that catch in the Endzone he was bobbling it the whole way out

#1dolphinsfan
01-21-2008, 01:03 AM

i agree with u 100% i just post something about that game before i saw ur post

MR NFLFAN
01-21-2008, 01:04 AM
Just to be perfectly clearly, stealing other team's signals is not illegal. I'd bet every team in the league tries to do it. Hell, it happens in baseball every time there's a runner on 2nd base.

It's not even illegal to use a video camera to steal the other team's signals.

It's illegal to do it from the sidelines. THAT'S what the Patriots did wrong.

Its good to see a fan thats not looking thru rose colored glasses. This has been a way of life in the NFL for a very long time.

MR NFLFAN
01-21-2008, 01:15 AM
There is a posiblity that the Ravens game was fixed i think that the Ravens won that Gaffney didnt make that catch in the Endzone he was bobbling it the whole way out

Thats just a rediculous theory. If it was fixed then you'd have to assume the Ravens were in on it. Why would they call a time out when they could have stopped the pats and gotten the ball back? Then the Gaffney catch would never have occured. Are you going to blame the time out on a league fix too?

Everything that led up to that catch was correctly called as was the call on the catch as a completion and TD.

Replay confirmed it
The ravens did call time out just before the snap
Stephen Neil did jump the snap on the false start penality
Watson was held way beyond the 5 yrds of contact allowed
Gaffney did have control ot the ball
The Ravens defense showed no emotional control by throwing the flag into the stands

All one needed was decent eye sight and the replays to see this.

The ravens played a hell of a game for 50 minutes but the problem is the game is 60 minutes long.

MikeO
01-21-2008, 01:44 AM

I agrue against it.

How was the game fixed. Baltimore called TIMEOUT!! Don't call it and the game is over

#1dolphinsfan
01-21-2008, 02:43 AM
Thats just a rediculous theory. If it was fixed then you'd have to assume the Ravens were in on it. Why would they call a time out when they could have stopped the pats and gotten the ball back? Then the Gaffney catch would never have occured. Are you going to blame the time out on a league fix too?

Everything that led up to that catch was correctly called as was the call on the catch as a completion and TD.

Replay confirmed it
The ravens did call time out just before the snap
Stephen Neil did jump the snap on the false start penality
Watson was held way beyond the 5 yrds of contact allowed
Gaffney did have control ot the ball
The Ravens defense showed no emotional control by throwing the flag into the stands

All one needed was decent eye sight and the replays to see this.

The ravens played a hell of a game for 50 minutes but the problem is the game is 60 minutes long.
Go look at the Replay he is bobbling the ball and the reason they called a timeout is because they thought that they couldnt stop him on the sneak

MR NFLFAN
01-21-2008, 03:12 AM
Go look at the Replay he is bobbling the ball and the reason they called a timeout is because they thought that they couldnt stop him on the sneak

I've seen the replay several times. He was moving the ball but the ball never left the finger tips (i.e. he had control). It was called for review by the replay officials and they saw the same thing. He was no way bobbling the ball. It makes no difference to me why Ryan called the time out the only thing that matters is that he DID signal for a time out. You're the one who accused the league of "fixing" that game. I merely pointed out how ridiculous that fixed game claim is and all the things that occured to debunk your accusation. If you hate the patriots just say you hate them you don't have to invent all this other nonsense.

MR NFLFAN
01-21-2008, 03:32 AM
I dont believe that the NFL is fixed...Are the refs favoring the Tom Brady and the Patriots...YES...You are calling some Dolphin fans on this board one sided...But all of your post talk up the Patriots and give them way too much credit and i have not seen one post by you that hasnt been a "hommer" type comment...Yes they are a good team...But every single call they needed to go their way this year has...The NFL even appologized after the Raven's game...When Ray Lewis had Faulk or Maroney stopped in the backfield on fourth down...Rex Ryan called a time out from the sidelines which cannont happen under NFL rules...Only the head coach can call a time out from the side lines...The NFL did appologize...And it is an honest mistake by the ref and im sure it has happened numberous times and gone unnoticed, anyways it is almost impossible to determine exactly who is calling a time out and i cant point to conspiracy...As a Patriots fan you should admit your team did luck out on that call...And many others throughout the year...Maybe its conspiracy maybe its destiney either way you have to admit calls have consistanly gone your way throughout the entire season...

What did i say in the post you quoted that was homer? It was all fact every bit of it. Funny thing is i watch games and see non calls on both sides of the ball but not just in pats games. People have said that Vrabel got away with a leg whip today which I didn't actually see. Is there any way in your mind that it was just perhaps a blown call by the officals? I know I did see one blown call by the officials..it was an incomplete pass to Chambers in the back of the EZ. The replay clearly showed chambers stepped out of the back of the EZ with one foot then went up for the ball but couldn't hold on. Now last time i checked it was a penality if a player steps out of the field of play and is then the first player to touch the ball. Did you see any penality call on that play becauase I sure didn't? Perhaps the game was fixed for the chargers then?.... The fact of the matter is calls get missed during darn near every game but it seems like here most fins fans think its fixed to favor the Pats. I just didn't see any fix in the ravens game as was stated in this thread.

DonShula84
01-21-2008, 06:21 AM
please.

The Confessor
01-21-2008, 08:45 AM
What did i say in the post you quoted that was homer? It was all fact every bit of it. Funny thing is i watch games and see non calls on both sides of the ball but not just in pats games. People have said that Vrabel got away with a leg whip today which I didn't actually see. Is there any way in your mind that it was just perhaps a blown call by the officals? I know I did see one blown call by the officials..it was an incomplete pass to Chambers in the back of the EZ. The replay clearly showed chambers stepped out of the back of the EZ with one foot then went up for the ball but couldn't hold on. Now last time i checked it was a penality if a player steps out of the field of play and is then the first player to touch the ball. Did you see any penality call on that play becauase I sure didn't? Perhaps the game was fixed for the chargers then?.... The fact of the matter is calls get missed during darn near every game but it seems like here most fins fans think its fixed to favor the Pats. I just didn't see any fix in the ravens game as was stated in this thread.

Try going to ANY team board other than your beloved-cheating franchise. It might not be a FIX, but next time I see questionable calls go against the fatsies will be the first time. Getting a call here and there might go under the radar, but this situation has gotten completly out of control. Welcome to the world of WWF/NFL;)

It is duely noted everywhere you arent....

cnc66
01-21-2008, 09:47 AM

I personally think that the cries of "they are cheating" are nothing but the crying of poor sports. To imply that HUNDREDS of men would stoop to cheating is horribly self centered. It is ludicrous.. insane to think that a league wide CONSPIRACY exists to further one team over another.. if there was even ONE SHRED OF PROOF.. which NONE of you have, the entire credibilty would disolve overnight.. to think that 31 BILLIONAIRES would allow THEIR teams to be cheated in any manner is just stupid...

MR NFLFAN
01-21-2008, 11:35 AM
It isn't formally fixed. But it's fixed. It's unspoken. No one says it, but the proof is on the field. The Patriots get away with whatever they want. They come into games and control everything, even the referees. It's sad. It's been going on for years. Now it's at its worse level ever.

If the Patriots win every game, and the Super Bowl, in my eyes, the NFL isn't what it once was. It is not a prestigious sport. The level of structured competition has fallen. One team managed to weasel around all of the rules and win. They figured out a way to bypass the system that every other team is forced to abide by.

Can it get more rediculous than this post?

Dolfan73
01-21-2008, 12:24 PM

I'm not gonna sit here and say they dont get an ungodly amount of breaks, because they do. But to say they have 4 or 5 good players and the rest is average is unbelievable. Lets go ahead see how many good players they have:

Brady, Moss, Maroney, Welker, Stallworth, Bruschi, Thomas, Vrabel, Seymour, Samuels, Harrison, Seau, Green, Warren. Not to mention their OL or ST's. They have built through the trenches. I can't remember, maybe once, they've used their 1st round pick to select someone who doesn't play on either line. They keep great special teams players, instead of getting rid of them. I hate them, but even if they did record some plays, they have MADE this team through a lot of very VERY savvy football moves, Bottom line. That being said, I think I have to throw up now.

andyahs
01-21-2008, 12:40 PM
I know I did see one blown call by the officials..it was an incomplete pass to Chambers in the back of the EZ. The replay clearly showed chambers stepped out of the back of the EZ with one foot then went up for the ball but couldn't hold on. Now last time i checked it was a penality if a player steps out of the field of play and is then the first player to touch the ball. Did you see any penality call on that play becauase I sure didn't? Perhaps the game was fixed for the chargers then?.... .
That is not a penalty and a bad example on your part. That is a penalty on a turnover situation i.e. a punt not a pass play as Rivers would be the first one to touch the ball as he threw it.

PhinsPhan
01-21-2008, 12:48 PM
I think the problem is people think it is "fixed," implying a large scale conspiracy, which would be too hard to leave unexposed. However, I think the refs do get suggestions from league office to help dictate the outcome. Making points of emphasis, like watch for pass interference from the San Diego cornerbacks, they tend to be really physical with receivers. This combined with a reputation as a well coached, veteran team that plays a disciplined game, plays into their favor every single game.

I just want to know how it seems the Pats are never getting these calls and the network doesn't even talk about it. When someone like Rodney Harrison dives on Lorenzo Neal four steps after he clearly never had the ball, there is no penalty. When Richard Seymour goes helmet to helmet with Rivers there is no penalty. How Vrabl trips a bad kneed QB there is no flag. It just never ends with the how comes when talking about the Patriots and there is no reasonable explanation for it.

Keep in mind it wouldn't take much to help dictate the outcome of the game. Giving one team an extra half yard or even an inch on 2nd down spots. Calling holding at key times, because like they say you could almost call holding on every play. Same goes for pass interference or illegal contact. If refs are predisposed to certain teams cheating more than others you can bet calls are going to favor the "cleaner" of the two teams.

MR NFLFAN
01-21-2008, 03:27 PM
That is not a penalty and a bad example on your part. That is a penalty on a turnover situation i.e. a punt not a pass play as Rivers would be the first one to touch the ball as he threw it.

I quote the 2006 NFL rule book

Rule 8 section 1 article 7

Illegal Touching
Forward Pass

Article 7

It is a foul for illegal touching, if a forward pass (legal or illegal):

(a) first touches or is caught by an ineligible offensive player behind, on, or beyond the
forward pass line of scrimmage, or

(b) first touches or is caught by an eligible receiver who had gone out of bounds on his
own or had been legally forced out of bounds.

Penalty: Loss of five yards from previous spot.

http://blogmedia.thenewstribune.com/media/2006%20NFL%20RULEBOOK.pdf (http://blogmedia.thenewstribune.com/media/2006%20NFL%20RULEBOOK.pdf)

As chambers was not forced out but clearly did step out of the back EZ line before attempting to catch a legal forward pass he was in violation of (B) under rule 8 section 1 article 7. I don't know where you came up with this only counts as a penality on a turnover situtation but your explaination is obviously wrong. It should have been a 5 yrd penality and a replay of the down or the Pats could have declined the penality and then it would have been an incomplete pass and the down would have counted.

L.T.21
01-21-2008, 04:09 PM
Nobody hates the Patsies more than I do, but I don't think anything is fixed. The Chargers lost because they got field goals instead of TD's, but I know how you feel man.

Yeah... sad to say. Without LT in the backfield, during red zone offense..their defenes adjusted.

If Sproles was in, it would be a pass, if Turner, a run, if Brandon and Turner, a run, etc...

There was no playaction to use..and on top of that, Gates running heel to toe. :-(

Sigh..another season..what could have been..BUt regardless -- we grew a lot this year. I still have man love for Rivers.

The only play I got FURIOUS on was this. 3:30 Mark..how the hell does one miss that? I thought legs whips were illegal--I guess not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDWB3im-axE

phinman1
01-21-2008, 04:14 PM
Can it get more rediculous than this post?

I don't know, your spelling of ridiculous is ridiculous.

The Confessor
01-21-2008, 06:27 PM
*:sidelol:

Phinzone
01-21-2008, 07:09 PM
*:sidelol:

LOL

Dolphins NOW go down in history as the ONLY UNDEFEATED TEAM NEVER TO BE ACCUSED OF CHEATING.

That's good enough for me!

The Confessor
01-21-2008, 07:17 PM
LOL

Dolphins NOW go down in history as the ONLY UNDEFEATED TEAM NEVER TO BE ACCUSED OF CHEATING.

That's good enough for me!

Not only that, but the Fatriots will forever have a huge * next to theirs:up:

L.T.21
01-21-2008, 07:21 PM
Oh come on guys..the leg whip..the leg whip?

:foundout::foundout:

The Confessor
01-21-2008, 07:25 PM

Good point L T. Not only do they cheat, but they are also without a doubt the dirtiest bunch in the league:up:

phinman1
01-21-2008, 07:28 PM

Yeah, but L.T. you gotta realize as phin fans that is rather passe stuff. We're used to the Pats getting all the calls, or non calls, or whatever is necessary to get their sorry, cheating a**** further along.

L.T.21
01-21-2008, 07:34 PM
Yeah, but L.T. you gotta realize as phin fans that is rather passe stuff. We're used to the Pats getting all the calls, or non calls, or whatever is necessary to get their sorry, cheating a**** further along.

I hear ya, but I just dont get how that could be MISSED. Of all the plays --that was a momentum shift. CC was wide open and if he hadn't kicked him, easy completion.

When it happened live I could clearly see it -- the ref was RIGHT there. What happened to the 'protect the QB' scenario. Good God Almighty...of all the non-calls to miss -- a LEG WHIP that's clear as day.

Sheesh!

cnc66
01-21-2008, 07:36 PM
I hear ya, but I just dont get how that could be MISSED. Of all the plays --that was a momentum shift. CC was wide open and if he hadn't kicked him, easy completion.

When it happened live I could clearly see it -- the ref was RIGHT there. What happened to the 'protect the QB' scenario. Good God Almighty...of all the non-calls to miss -- a LEG WHIP that's clear as day.

Sheesh!

if CC had moved forward 6 more inches he would have had it, but he didn't.. and he won't again too.. I know you don't beleive us, but he throws qb's under the bus on ints.

phinman1
01-21-2008, 07:37 PM
Thanks for adding your usual nothing to the discussion. :up:

No, thank you for the comic relief that are your posts.

Usually spelling errors should be off limits in these types of forums, but you meet both of the exceptions:

1. You misspell the word repeatedly, and

2. You're a fan of the cheating, woman beating, wife doing, woman impregnating b******* known as the Patriots.

L.T.21
01-21-2008, 07:42 PM
if CC had moved forward 6 more inches he would have had it, but he didn't.. and he won't again too.. I know you don't beleive us, but he throws qb's under the bus on ints.

Countdown till Aquafever appears....

BE GOOD
01-21-2008, 07:53 PM
WHILE I DOT THINK THE NFL IS FIXED:
The Saints of last year is a good example of a possible fixed league.

MR NFLFAN
01-21-2008, 08:34 PM

Usually spelling errors should be off limits in these types of forums, but you meet both of the exceptions:

2. You're a fan of the cheating, woman beating, wife doing, woman impregnating b******* known as the Patriots.

:boohoo:me a river. DB

MR NFLFAN
01-21-2008, 08:40 PM

Sheesh!

:boohoo::boohoo::boohoo:

I loved seeing Darth Vader sulking on the bench hiding behind his sun visor under the lights. :up: He sat there like a spoiled school kid and never got up on the sidelines to cheer his own team on.

I knew the chargers wouldn't get lucky two weeks in a row. Now we get to listen to all those weak excuses.

L.T.21
01-21-2008, 08:54 PM

I loved seeing Darth Vader sulking on the bench hiding behind his sun visor under the lights. :up: He sat there like a spoiled school kid and never got up on the sidelines to cheer his own team on.

I knew the chargers wouldn't get lucky two weeks in a row. Now we get to listen to all those weak excuses.

Just exactly who's making excuses?

phinman1
01-21-2008, 08:59 PM

Excuse? Did he leg whip Rivers or not? Yes or No? L.T. was stating a fact and wondering why it wasn't called.

MR NFLFAN
01-21-2008, 09:01 PM
Just exactly who's making excuses?

Both Rivers and the spoiled one LT.

MikeO
01-21-2008, 09:04 PM
WHILE I DOT THINK THE NFL IS FIXED:
The Saints of last year is a good example of a possible fixed league.

how? What plays were questionable? name them.....

MR NFLFAN
01-21-2008, 09:04 PM
Excuse? Did he leg whip Rivers or not? Yes or No? L.T. was stating a fact and wondering why it wasn't called.

It was a blown call just like Chambers stepping out of the EZ and then coming in for an incomplete pass. Its called illegal touching and should have been a 5 yarder...another blown call.

patriotspride
01-21-2008, 10:35 PM

2. You're a fan of the cheating, woman beating, wife doing, woman impregnating b******* known as the Patriots.:boohoo::boohoo::lol::lol::lol:

Gator Mike
01-21-2008, 10:37 PM
For the record, the Patriots ranked 16th in the NFL this year in penalty yards. They were league average.

Which scenario sounds more likely?

1. There's a large-scale pro-Patriots conspiracy involving probably hundreds of NFL employees that has not been brought to anyone's attention.

2. A bunch of jealous fans of other teams hoping against hope that the Patriots will lose choose to focus on the calls that go in New England's favor and forget the calls that go against them.

L.T.21
01-21-2008, 11:45 PM
Both Rivers and the spoiled one LT.

You find me ONE proof that Rivers is using his injury as an excuse that they lost. ONE.

Thanks.

BTW. Smack Forum is ------> is that way.
Let us talk football here and take your attitude and childish 'smack' where it belongs. Some of us don't thrive on crap like that...it's childish really.

You win, you are the greatest team on earth, ever put together. Here, let me give you a :bighug:

#1dolphinsfan
01-21-2008, 11:53 PM
I've seen the replay several times. He was moving the ball but the ball never left the finger tips (i.e. he had control). It was called for review by the replay officials and they saw the same thing. He was no way bobbling the ball. It makes no difference to me why Ryan called the time out the only thing that matters is that he DID signal for a time out. You're the one who accused the league of "fixing" that game. I merely pointed out how ridiculous that fixed game claim is and all the things that occured to debunk your accusation. If you hate the patriots just say you hate them you don't have to invent all this other nonsense.
i do hate the Pats they are a good team i just think that it was a Bad call u may have a diffrent opion about it but IMO it was a bad call and the only person that can call a timeout from the Sidelines in the HC last Time i checked Rex Ryan want the HC of the Ravens

MR NFLFAN
01-22-2008, 12:05 AM
For the record, the Patriots ranked 16th in the NFL this year in penalty yards. They were league average.

Which scenario sounds more likely?

1. There's a large-scale pro-Patriots conspiracy involving probably hundreds of NFL employees that has not been brought to anyone's attention.

2. A bunch of jealous fans of other teams hoping against hope that the Patriots will lose choose to focus on the calls that go in New England's favor and forget the calls that go against them.

Becareful GM using common sense like that around here could get you labeled a troll. :up:

finswin56
01-22-2008, 11:17 AM
This thread is closed.
You've taken advantage of the staff being caught up with other priorities during our reopening. Not any more.

Annoyance
Individuals who detract from the site through ongoing incivility, immaturity, and/or disrespect for the contributions and responsibilities of others may be afforded maximal opportunities to spend their time elsewhere.

This is not the site for running your mouth. If you can't help yourself, we will help you leave.