PDA

View Full Version : Merged: Detroit Could hand-over our Franchise DT/ Dont draft Dorsey

ticophin
01-23-2008, 04:28 PM
I know he is known to take games "off", and is on the verge of suspension, but, could he be any good to us, paired with the drafting of C.Long? He will be entering his 7th season I beleive...
www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080123/BLOG21/80123026/1138/BLOG (http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080123/BLOG21/80123026/1138/BLOG)

RalphX19X
01-23-2008, 04:30 PM
Didnt Parcells want to draft him? I hope we can land him. He's a nice fit at NT.

BobDole
01-23-2008, 04:31 PM
I know he is known to take games "off", and is on the verge of suspension, but, could he be any good to us, paired with the drafting of C.Long? He will be entering his 7th season I beleive...
www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080123/BLOG21/80123026/1138/BLOG (http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080123/BLOG21/80123026/1138/BLOG)

pick him up for the love of god if this is true. talk about a suitable NT - oh baby. maybe now we can stop talking about dorsey.

Jackson
01-23-2008, 04:37 PM
If we can get him that would be great.. It would give us even more flexibility come draft day.

heat_fan
01-23-2008, 04:43 PM
pick him up for the love of god if this is true. talk about a suitable NT - oh baby. maybe now we can stop talking about dorsey.

Negative, I'd rather have Dorsey then Rodgers X1000

Crzynick25
01-23-2008, 04:44 PM
I would rather have a seasoned Vet that can play NT for less money (Rodgers), than a 20+ million dollar rookie that wont be a good NT (Dorsey)

nic86
01-23-2008, 04:45 PM
this could be a good pickup to help the d-line. he's a very talented player, but doesn't he have a poor work ethic?

RealDriscoll
01-23-2008, 04:47 PM
I'd much rather have Dorsey. Shaun Rodgers would be a good pickup at the right price b/c we know that will Tuna at the helm we are not taking sh*t anymore from trash talking, lazy players.

ticophin
01-23-2008, 04:50 PM
Rodgers, C.Long @1, Rodgers-Cromartie with @2a, B.Bell @2b? Could be...Then O the rest of the way...

BillsFanInPeace
01-23-2008, 04:54 PM
He has not been released.

They say he is one his way out in DET either via trade or release.

They will end up trading him

BobDole
01-23-2008, 05:01 PM
Rodgers, C.Long @1, Rodgers-Cromartie with @2a, B.Bell @2b? Could be...Then O the rest of the way...

agreed. rogers over dorsey in a second. beau bell - you know it man.

DOL-FAN92
01-23-2008, 05:05 PM
I was just watching the NFL Live Show,and it turns out that The Lions Free Press reported that they will release Shaun Rodgers.....and if you dont know,he WILL be the best DT in FA....So,now i can officially say,if we land Shaun Rodgers,DO NOT draft Dorsey and pick up Chris Long,or Jake Long...which ever would be fine

BillsFanInPeace
01-23-2008, 05:09 PM
I was just watching the NFL Live Show,and it turns out that The Lions Free Press reported that they will release Shaun Rodgers.....and if you dont know,he WILL be the best DT in FA....So,now i can officially say,if we land Shaun Rodgers,DO NOT draft Dorsey and pick up Chris Long,or Jake Long...which ever would be fine

They will not release him. They will get an offer for him. Bottomline.

dolpns13
01-23-2008, 05:09 PM
what makes you think he will succeed in miami. He is one of the most inconsistent players in the league. Although he and has tremendous upside, it would be a huge risk

#1 Fan
01-23-2008, 05:11 PM
he'd probably sign somewhere else anyways. we'd have to trade for him

DOL-FAN92
01-23-2008, 05:11 PM

EVEN BETTER....we can get rid of some of the dead weight we have in Miami,and dump it off in DET

BobDole
01-23-2008, 05:12 PM
what makes you think he will succeed in miami. He is one of the most inconsistent players in the league. Although he is young and has tremendous upside, it would be a huge risk

he would be a perfect fit for a parcells 3-4. throw him in on first and usually second down - let him eat up blockers - let the MLBs do their thing. this would be a great pickup. yeah - sometimes the giant freak takes a play off - but that doesnt mean he wont be double teamed.

BillsFanInPeace
01-23-2008, 05:13 PM
he'd probably sign somewhere else anyways. we'd have to trade for him

Look for him to end up in Buffalo is Jauron wants him.

Played under DJ and had his probowl year when he was filling in in det.

In two years under Jauron, Rogers had 107 total tackles, 9.5 sacks and 7 batted passes. He had 5.5 sacks in 2005

WISfinfan13
01-23-2008, 05:15 PM
Shaun Rodgers has some character issues...And his work ethic is a major question mark. I was at a Lions Packers game a couple years ago and he got thrown out of the game for fighting...Ever since then he has lost all my respect. He was acting like a "thug". (See the thread about Channing Crowder crashing his car and you will better understand the thug reference.)

BobDole
01-23-2008, 05:16 PM
Shaun Rodgers has some character issues...And his work ethic is a major question mark. I was at a Lions Packers game a couple years ago and he got thrown out of the game for fighting...Ever since then he has lost all my respect. He was acting like a "thug". (See the thread about Channing Crowder crashing his car and you will better understand the thug reference.)

whats a thug? :D

illscriptures
01-23-2008, 05:18 PM
Look for him to end up in Buffalo is Juaron wants him.

Played under DJ and had his probowl year when he was filling in in det

You're reaching, but I'll give you the benefit.

I honestly think he should, and will, land here if the Tuna thinks he fills their immediate needs, which I think he does.

burton87
01-23-2008, 05:20 PM
Sign Rogers AND Draft Dorsey.

Build the defense around them- that would be scary cool.

BillsFanInPeace
01-23-2008, 05:21 PM
You're reaching, but I'll give you the benefit.

I honestly think he should, and will, land here if the Tuna thinks he fills their immediate needs, which I think he does.

So let me get this right.

Last year everyone would land in MIA because of the connection with Cam.

But I mention one connection with a Bills coach and I am reaching.

In two years under Jauron, Rogers had 107 total tackles, 9.5 sacks and 7 batted passes. He had 5.5 sacks in 2005

a little more i found about the jauron, rogers relationship.

rogers was voted to the pro bowl in 2005 when jauron finished the season as interim head coach.

here are some quotes from jauron after rogers was named to the pro bowl:

>> On DT Shaun Rogers
“Shaun, at times he has been phenomenal and then most of the time he has been, I would say, outstanding. He is a very difficult player to contend with offensively just because he has a rare form of size – he really is a giant man – and he is extremely quick and athletic. Maybe more so than about anybody I have been around. He is a rare player and I believe he is just going to get better.”

>> On DT Shaun Rogers and if he has any similarities to Reggie White athletically
“I would say that he does. I need to qualify that obviously because Reggie White was a rare breed and I worked in the secondary so I didn’t have the overview of the defense. I certainly had a great appreciation for Reggie White. To be perfectly honest, Larry Brooks would be a great guy to talk about them because he coached both of them. Reggie did a lot of phenomenal things – we have all seen the clips. But at times you see that power in Shaun – you will see him pick up a man and take him to the ball and just take him to the quarterback and we are talking about 300-pound men. I wouldn’t say it is out of the realm of possibility.”

dominizzo
01-23-2008, 05:24 PM
I wouldn mind

dominizzo
01-23-2008, 05:29 PM
Millen will not get takers...........he will be released.....the only player that will get traded is ROY WILLIAMS

BIG_FISH_RI
01-23-2008, 05:29 PM

see Randy Mcmicheals - released from Miami..........................

dominizzo
01-23-2008, 05:30 PM
its Shaun Rogers not Rodgers by the way

DOL-FAN92
01-23-2008, 05:35 PM

thats the stupidest comment you posted on my post....you cant have 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DT in a 3-4...you have a DT 2 DE's and 4 LB's

Not saying it wont look good,but it is beyond a reach,a definate improbability

you can only have one,Shaun Rodgers is bigger,faster,strong,and more exciting than Dorsey...

Not to mention he is one of the top DT in the game and he IS proven,if we were runining a 4-3 than it WOULD own anybosy,no one could run on us,but ,unfortunately we are not,were 3-4,and as long as Bill Parcells is there,they will ALWAYS be 3-4

Minibull
01-23-2008, 05:39 PM

Oooooo, even better - sign Rogers and draft Chris Long! A defensive front of Taylor, Rogers, and Long would be awesome in a Bill Engval way...

brandon27
01-23-2008, 06:03 PM
no, no, and... NO

this guy is way out of shape, takes plays off and needs a rest every couple of plays while playing primarily in a dome in Detroit... how on earth is he going to survive playing in the heat and humidity in miami??? this guy is a waste of talent. and i say that because he plays one play... takes 3 off... then he's back for another... maybe 2... but then there he goes waddling off the field for another 4 off... sure he can be effective those plays he's in there... but why pay him to spend half the game resting and catching his breath when he should be playing. youre a professional athlete for crying out loud!

if somebody can whip him into shape, and he actually wants to earn his money. then yeah, fine bring him in. otherwise... let him go back home to sitting on his couch, or let some other team sign him to take himself in and out of the game over and over and over again.

SEC.142
01-23-2008, 06:46 PM
If Rogers hits the market, I can definitely see Jerry Jones making a push for him.

TalansTiger
01-23-2008, 07:16 PM
I'd much rather have Dorsey. Shaun Rodgers would be a good pickup at the right price b/c we know that will Tuna at the helm we are not taking sh*t anymore from trash talking, lazy players.

The only thing is, it's not a matter of one or the other, espicially if it came through FA. It's having Dorsey, or having Rogers & Long.

I'd rather have Rogers & Long all things considered. That is the beginning of a dominant defense.

Brown42000
01-23-2008, 07:24 PM

He will be cut, with teams knowing he will be cut why bother wasting a pick to bring him in when you can get him for nothing.

Majpain
01-23-2008, 07:25 PM
Oh man get this guy.

How about we swap with Detroit. get their second and next years first.

Sounds like a nice deal to me.

alen1
01-23-2008, 08:14 PM
no, no, and... NO

this guy is way out of shape, takes plays off and needs a rest every couple of plays while playing primarily in a dome in Detroit... how on earth is he going to survive playing in the heat and humidity in miami??? this guy is a waste of talent. and i say that because he plays one play... takes 3 off... then he's back for another... maybe 2... but then there he goes waddling off the field for another 4 off... sure he can be effective those plays he's in there... but why pay him to spend half the game resting and catching his breath when he should be playing. youre a professional athlete for crying out loud!

if somebody can whip him into shape, and he actually wants to earn his money. then yeah, fine bring him in. otherwise... let him go back home to sitting on his couch, or let some other team sign him to take himself in and out of the game over and over and over again.

Yet he had seven sacks this year.

Straztheman
01-23-2008, 08:18 PM
I've watched him play in every game this year since I get every Lions game here. And let me tell you, he's a good DT, but playing in Miami in Spetember wouldnt be a good mixture. We'd have to have someone to rotate in with him consistantly. So I wouldnt want to give up too much for him.

#1dolphinsfan
01-23-2008, 08:19 PM
i would like to get him he is a big guy this is also a chance that we have to trade down

Straztheman
01-23-2008, 08:20 PM
He will be cut, with teams knowing he will be cut why bother wasting a pick to bring him in when you can get him for nothing.

If he gets cut I doubt he goes to Miami unless we offer him a lot of cash. He's not going to choose to come play in Miami heat if her gets an offer from like Green Bay or Minnisota. IMO.

#1dolphinsfan
01-23-2008, 08:24 PM
If he gets cut I doubt he goes to Miami unless we offer him a lot of cash. He's not going to choose to come play in Miami heat if her gets an offer from like Green Bay or Minnisota. IMO.
unless he really likes miami i dont see him coming down here when a FA if we traded for him that would be ok this is a good shot to get in the Middle of the Draft i think the #1 spot is way to Valuable for any player

Majpain
01-23-2008, 08:24 PM
Most likely end up with the Bears.

#1dolphinsfan
01-23-2008, 08:29 PM
Most likely end up with the Bears.
Why the bears

Majpain
01-23-2008, 08:33 PM
Why the bears

Someone within the division. I think its more likely either the Bears or Packers.

Dallas just signed Tank Johnson.

If we could get him that would be great.

#1dolphinsfan
01-23-2008, 08:36 PM
Someone within the division. I think its more likely either the Bears or Packers.

Dallas just signed Tank Johnson.

If we could get him that would be great.
yea i would love to get him, I dont think Detroit would be that stupid to trade him to someone in there own Divison at least i would hope not

Majpain
01-23-2008, 08:39 PM
yea i would love to get him, I dont think Detroit would be that stupid to trade him to someone in there own Divison at least i would hope not

Well I'm assuming he gets released. I don't think a team will jump to a trade. Maybe the Bengals then they could grab a LB or something.

#1dolphinsfan
01-23-2008, 08:45 PM
Well I'm assuming he gets released. I don't think a team will jump to a trade. Maybe the Bengals then they could grab a LB or something.
yea i can see the Bengals trying to get him or i can also see the Bengals trying to trade up so they can get Glenn Dorsey

Conuficus
01-23-2008, 09:26 PM
I'm surprised no one has said Denver who needs everything outside of Champ Bailey on defense.

Or Carolina who could use a top notch DT.

San Francisco anyone, they might want to upgrade over Sopoaga.

Chicago runs a cover 2 the same system they are trying to get him out of. Honestly, as much as a talent that he is he just might not fit what they want to do overall. He was there before Marinelli took over.

It should also be mentioned, but why is this guy available if he is so good? Is that a risk we need, if things don't go well will this guy be a problem? Those two things need to be adressed. Honestly, he won't be in a Fins uni, and I am fine with that.

Dolfan4life34
01-23-2008, 10:27 PM
honestly him subbing in with soloai should be more then formitable at NG and chris longin there next to them i like it alot

Leonidas
01-24-2008, 01:37 AM
The guy does take some plays off, but playing in Miami in September isn't too much worse than playing in Austin in Aug/Sept. Unless I'm mistaken he is a Longhorn. I say bring him on. I'm more afraid of Sparano breaking him than the weather.