PDA

View Full Version : Dolphins have long talk with John Flacco

biggtyme13
01-23-2008, 05:28 PM
This is from KFFL

Dolphins | Lee meets with Flacco
Wed, 23 Jan 2008 12:24:16 -0800 Omar Kelly (http://www.kffl.com/link/203), of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel (http://www.kffl.com/link/167), reports Miami Dolphins (http://www.kffl.com/team/22/nfl) quarterbacks coach David Lee (http://www.kffl.com/player/11610/nfl) had a long meeting with University of Delaware QB Joe Flacco (http://www.kffl.com/player/18325/nfl) at the Senior Bowl.

Very Very Very Interesting......................

adamprez2003
01-23-2008, 05:51 PM
If we pass on Ryan with our 1st this is the guy I want

PHINFAN 4 LIFE
01-23-2008, 05:52 PM
He would be a great pick in the 3rd round for us if he lasts that long.

SR 7
01-23-2008, 06:00 PM
He would be a great pick in the 3rd round for us if he lasts that long.

ud be lucky if hes at 32 at word past that.

Spray Mucus
01-23-2008, 06:04 PM
I'm sure Lee is gonna have long conversations with all the seniors. Although Flacco fits that Strong arm pocket passer mold BP likes so much.

Flacco IMO is 2-3 years away from beeing a starter in this league. His mechanics need work, he's only played 20 games as a starter and plays at a Division 1A school.

Stitches
01-23-2008, 06:08 PM

You mean when, right? ;)

miami234ever
01-23-2008, 06:14 PM
ud be lucky if hes at 32 at word past that.

Are you one of the people who have 65 players going in the top 32 picks? There is no way in HELL Flacco gets up to the first. That means you expect 4 QBs to go in the first round? I expect him to be there at #56 no doubt.

adamprez2003
01-23-2008, 06:16 PM
You mean when, right? ;)

:lol: I would put money down that we draft one of the following three; Ryan, Henne or Flacco. Which one is too early to call just yet

SR 7
01-23-2008, 06:19 PM
Are you one of the people who have 65 players going in the top 32 picks? There is no way in HELL Flacco gets up to the first. That means you expect 4 QBs to go in the first round? I expect him to be there at #56 no doubt.

waht the heck are u saying 65 in 32 ? u take math at all?

Since ur a guru and a Scout, plz do explain why flacco wont go in teh 1st but yet u see 4 QBs goin in teh first?

Let me assume ur 3, Woodson, Ryan and brohm? RIGHT buddy. Flacco has the height, accuracy, and arm strenght that netiher of the qb's possess.

Stitches
01-23-2008, 06:19 PM
:lol: I would put money down that we draft one of the following three; Ryan, Henne or Flacco. Which one is too early to call just yet

How much money we talking? :winkwink:

adamprez2003
01-23-2008, 06:25 PM
How much money we talking? :winkwink:

I got a ten spot:D:beer1:

miami234ever
01-23-2008, 06:32 PM
waht the heck are u saying 65 in 32 ? u take math at all?

Since ur a guru and a Scout, plz do explain why flacco wont go in teh 1st but yet u see 4 QBs goin in teh first?

Let me assume ur 3, Woodson, Ryan and brohm? RIGHT buddy. Flacco has the height, accuracy, and arm strenght that netiher of the qb's possess.

Obviously you didn't understand what I was trying to say. I'm saying that some people think everyone is "1st round material and this guy and that guy will go in the first round." 3 Qbs will go in the first round and I NEVER said 4 QBs would go in the first. Flacco isn't first round material because he played in DII-and in his last game, his team lost 49-21! You do the math there smart one. I'm surprised I could even read your response. I'll tell you what, If Flacco is one of the top 5 QBs selected in the draft this year (or goes above Brohm, Ryan, or Woodson), you can send me a PM or whatever and talk all the trash you want.

Stitches
01-23-2008, 06:33 PM
I got a ten spot:D:beer1:

How about a ten-spot that we have to use as an avatar for a month, that says "I was wrong, {the winner} was right."

I would do the actual money, but I don't even know if I will be able to pay all my tuition this semester, lol.

adamprez2003
01-23-2008, 06:44 PM
How about a ten-spot that we have to use as an avatar for a month, that says "I was wrong, {the winner} was right."

I would do the actual money, but I don't even know if I will be able to pay all my tuition this semester, lol.

OK Deal. Avatar or Sig? I think sig would be better. I have Ryan, Henne and Flacco. If we draft one of them I win and you have to sport the avatar or sig. If we dont draft any of them I have to sport the avatar or sig. All for one month.

Fellow Penn State fan, huh? Is that where you're going?

Stitches
01-23-2008, 06:50 PM
OK Deal. Avatar or Sig? I think sig would be better. I have Ryan, Henne and Flacco. If we draft one of them I win and you have to sport the avatar or sig. If we dont draft any of them I have to sport the avatar or sig. All for one month.

Fellow Penn State fan, huh? Is that where you're going?

Sig is fine, can you make them? lol

And I go to Akron, I didn't think I could afford out of state tuition at PSU, and class size kind of spooked me.

adamprez2003
01-23-2008, 06:53 PM
Sig is fine, can you make them? lol

And I go to Akron, I didn't think I could afford out of state tuition at PSU, and class size kind of spooked me.

We'll just type them in I figure:lol: I'm no artist that's for sure

dan the fin
01-23-2008, 06:54 PM
While some team may reach on him because of his size and Raw talent, he needs a lot of work. While his highlight reals look good his last two games were not that impressive and that was the big games against good teams. I was at the SIU- Delaware, and SIU gave that game away it should have been a 21 point win SIU. Flacco's mechanics need a lot of work he likes to fling the ball causing under thrown passes and folds with pressure on him as he is slow with his reads. Now his raw talent is great but he needs to be sat down and really taught a lot. Maybe are 2nd rounder from SD would be good for him but someone may reach before that.

SR 7
01-23-2008, 08:13 PM
Obviously you didn't understand what I was trying to say. I'm saying that some people think everyone is "1st round material and this guy and that guy will go in the first round." 3 Qbs will go in the first round and I NEVER said 4 QBs would go in the first. Flacco isn't first round material because he played in DII-and in his last game, his team lost 49-21! You do the math there smart one. I'm surprised I could even read your response. I'll tell you what, If Flacco is one of the top 5 QBs selected in the draft this year (or goes above Brohm, Ryan, or Woodson), you can send me a PM or whatever and talk all the trash you want.

why would i go out of my way to do that considering ur a 17 year old kid thats acting like his typical age. Big headed with very little knowledge but yet thinks he knows it all. Been there done that gets you no where, trust.

Second, they lost 49 21 right smart one? SO taht means ITS FLACCO's FAULT and he sucks and that scouts and GM only SCOUT OFF the last game played correct? so in taht sense Hasselback is the worst QB clearly cuz they lost 42 20 to a 38 year old QB that should be declining and gerrard is only avg b/c they lost by what 12? Sheesh I think your grading and scouting of players is by far the best way and all these GMs and scouts should take notice so they can understand how to really scout players. Sheesh you got it all down wiht your way of scouting.

#1dolphinsfan
01-23-2008, 08:16 PM
i would mind him in the 3rd round but if woodson is there at 32 i would like to get him and if Flacco isnt there in the 3rd i think we can take Brennan in the 4th

SR 7
01-23-2008, 09:46 PM
i would mind him in the 3rd round but if woodson is there at 32 i would like to get him and if Flacco isnt there in the 3rd i think we can take Brennan in the 4th

according to the bowl practices Brennan and Woodson haven't been doing to well.

Woodson throws all over the field kinda like frerrotte where players are jumping falling leaping going backwards etc to catch the balls

Charlie Brown
01-23-2008, 09:56 PM

Matt Ryan isnt even worth a top 5 pick.

I see Joe Flacco going in the 2nd or 3rd round, a lot of coaches dont like the fact that he comes from a 2A school. I wouldnt take him until 3rd round

#1dolphinsfan
01-23-2008, 10:03 PM
according to the bowl practices Brennan and Woodson haven't been doing to well.

Woodson throws all over the field kinda like frerrotte where players are jumping falling leaping going backwards etc to catch the balls
it is just My Opion that he is going to be a good nfl QB if they can settle down they will have a good chance to be good NFL QBs I guess Jon Gruden was Watching Woodson every were he went the First day of Practice so he must not be doing to bad

dolfan2909
01-24-2008, 12:02 AM
While some team may reach on him because of his size and Raw talent, he needs a lot of work. While his highlight reals look good his last two games were not that impressive and that was the big games against good teams. I was at the SIU- Delaware, and SIU gave that game away it should have been a 21 point win SIU. Flacco's mechanics need a lot of work he likes to fling the ball causing under thrown passes and folds with pressure on him as he is slow with his reads. Now his raw talent is great but he needs to be sat down and really taught a lot. Maybe are 2nd rounder from SD would be good for him but someone may reach before that.

i'll admit i haven't seen much of flacco in his delaware games but he has deff outshined every senior bowl qb in practice thus far...his mechanics seem like they will be fine but he could use some work at reading defenses

dan the fin
01-24-2008, 12:16 AM
Well I has only seen a couple of games and highlights. Well he has a low delivery and flings the ball a little, but he gets a way with it because size and strength. Like I said mainly watched him is the SIU game. SIU has a good pass rush and when he was pressured instead of stepping up and delivering the ball he would shy a way and throw from his back foot which lead to a couple picks. Like I said he may be better then what I have seen. He has the physical talent he is just very raw, I believe he only has like 20 starts and that is in AA ball. He may end up great, but I think he needs so time of just sitting and learning before he can play in the NFL.

UGA_DOLPHIN
01-24-2008, 12:28 AM
I think Woodson will be a terrible NFL quarterback. That is just my opinion from watching a lot of his games on TV and in person. His throwing motion is real slow and I just don't think he makes smart decisions with the football.

#1dolphinsfan
01-24-2008, 12:36 AM
I think Woodson will be a terrible NFL quarterback. That is just my opinion from watching a lot of his games on TV and in person. His throwing motion is real slow and I just don't think he makes smart decisions with the football.
I see the Complete oppsite i think he will be a good NFL QB he can Speed up his Throwing Motion and he can also learn to make Smart Destions those things that u mentioned are Right but i think he can inprove on them i think if he fall to 32 i would like to pick him up and see what he could do for us

miami234ever
01-24-2008, 01:00 AM
why would i go out of my way to do that considering ur a 17 year old kid thats acting like his typical age. Big headed with very little knowledge but yet thinks he knows it all. Been there done that gets you no where, trust.

Second, they lost 49 21 right smart one? SO taht means ITS FLACCO's FAULT and he sucks and that scouts and GM only SCOUT OFF the last game played correct? so in taht sense Hasselback is the worst QB clearly cuz they lost 42 20 to a 38 year old QB that should be declining and gerrard is only avg b/c they lost by what 12? Sheesh I think your grading and scouting of players is by far the best way and all these GMs and scouts should take notice so they can understand how to really scout players. Sheesh you got it all down wiht your way of scouting.

I'm glad you're pointing out that I'm 17 years old. Your age isn't shown, but you sure type like a 13 year old and have the vocabulary of a 6th grader. If my age wasn't displayed, people would think you are younger than me. You still could be, I'm not sure. I'm just saying if Flacco was as awesome as you're making him sound, they should've been able to put up more than 21 points in a DII football game. You're criticizing the way I look at players, yet you would be willing to take Joe Flacco at #32? He's way raw for a QB to be taken that early, and that's not basing it off of one game. Your way of looking at players is no better than the way I look at them. You're obviously just as "big headed" as me.

SR 7
01-24-2008, 01:12 AM
I'm glad you're pointing out that I'm 17 years old. Your age isn't shown, but you sure type like a 13 year old and have the vocabulary of a 6th grader. If my age wasn't displayed, people would think you are younger than me. You still could be, I'm not sure. I'm just saying if Flacco was as awesome as you're making him sound, they should've been able to put up more than 21 points in a DII football game. You're criticizing the way I look at players, yet you would be willing to take Joe Flacco at #32? He's way raw for a QB to be taken that early, and that's not basing it off of one game. Your way of looking at players is no better than the way I look at them. You're obviously just as "big headed" as me.

no i jus tknow how to evaluate talent especially being an athlete in HS/Coll. I know my grounds.

Many ppl get drafted off potential and room for growth. Look at Ginn...VERY RAW 2 yr WR but wait a minute he went 9? and ur excuse is lets say the Cameron junk then why did the texans want to take Ginn at 10? and had it not been for hte schaub trade then Ginn woudl be in TEX and not in MIA.

What about Cutler? the guy moved up due to SR bowl/combine and went waht 11? and if i recall his team sucked balls.

Look at hester...he was drafted 2nd round just on potential. he was the rawest of raws coming out into the draft.

Flacco has all the physical tools if he can read defense's like a decent QB it'll be enough for teams to take a chance and hit him in the 1st round or so.

and my typing or grammar has ntn to do with anything. Its ONLINE i dont need to type FULL COMPLETE SENTENCES OR WORDS for ppl as half of the ppl in this world do the same the only diff is they take big words and make em smaller where as i just do it with any word that has the ability for it. Sorry AIM and text messaging is taking over my typing style in this era.

uga3406
01-24-2008, 02:13 AM

im a betting man myself...i defintely agree with u there...i think tuna and co know they need a franchise qb and to be blunt they know there isnt 1 on this roster... i hate to break it to all the beck lovers out there...he may not get cut or traded or whatever but he isnt the franchise qb for this team...

uga3406
01-24-2008, 02:16 AM
no i jus tknow how to evaluate talent especially being an athlete in HS/Coll. I know my grounds.

Many ppl get drafted off potential and room for growth. Look at Ginn...VERY RAW 2 yr WR but wait a minute he went 9? and ur excuse is lets say the Cameron junk then why did the texans want to take Ginn at 10? and had it not been for hte schaub trade then Ginn woudl be in TEX and not in MIA.

What about Cutler? the guy moved up due to SR bowl/combine and went waht 11? and if i recall his team sucked balls.

Look at hester...he was drafted 2nd round just on potential. he was the rawest of raws coming out into the draft.

Flacco has all the physical tools if he can read defense's like a decent QB it'll be enough for teams to take a chance and hit him in the 1st round or so.

and my typing or grammar has ntn to do with anything. Its ONLINE i dont need to type FULL COMPLETE SENTENCES OR WORDS for ppl as half of the ppl in this world do the same the only diff is they take big words and make em smaller where as i just do it with any word that has the ability for it. Sorry AIM and text messaging is taking over my typing style in this era.

dont sweat it sport..i get tons of crap on here for my grammar and spelling etc...as long as u know what u r talking about or have some knowlege of the phins who cares its all good

Majpain
01-24-2008, 02:21 AM
im a betting man myself...i defintely agree with u there...i think tuna and co know they need a franchise qb and to be blunt they know there isnt 1 on this roster... i hate to break it to all the beck lovers out there...he may not get cut or traded or whatever but he isnt the franchise qb for this team...

He isnt getting Cut or traded.

uga3406
01-24-2008, 02:25 AM
He isnt getting Cut or traded.

i know this who would be stupid enough to trade for him

Majpain
01-24-2008, 02:33 AM
I think the Jury is still out on Beck. I would like to see what he can do with a healthy team. If he doesn't fix the TO's then no he isnt the answer at QB.

Dolfan1000
01-24-2008, 02:44 AM
Im pretty sure Lee will meet with every QB there. I really think we as fans overrate these Senior Bowl interviews. Ireland said it today, we will meet with every single player there.

uga3406
01-24-2008, 09:01 AM
I personally have nothing aganist beck just didnt like the pick...i think he is ok at best...i would love to see another qb like Flacco,Henne or Woodson on this roster next yr