PDA

View Full Version : Kiper's comments on Mike & Mike this morning

hugoguzman
01-25-2008, 02:08 PM
when asked about who Miami would probably take if they keep the first pick and don't go with Dorsey, he said that he figured they would go with Chris Long.

Just thought I should share.

houtz
01-25-2008, 02:11 PM
I'm not Mel Kiper but I think we're going to take Chris Long as well.

Ghetti13
01-25-2008, 02:14 PM
That seems pretty accurate to me at this point. I like Dorsey if the draft were today.

But, I feel strongly that they would go Chris Long if they didn't go with Dorsey.

The dark horse third guy is Matt Ryan. Keep an eye on him. Nobody else is worthy. Its a three horse race. Right now I like Dorsey by a solid margin.

FinaticalOne
01-25-2008, 02:15 PM
I agree too which is evident in my sig.

dolpns13
01-25-2008, 02:20 PM
when asked about who Miami would probably take if they keep the first pick and don't go with Dorsey, he said that he figured they would go with Chris Long.

Just thought I should share.

and he also thought wed take Quinn. but then again, so did the rest of the universe

MrEd
01-25-2008, 02:22 PM
i dont know, but it seems to me that it looks more and more that Matt Ryan will be the pick at #1. Ireland just keeps making mention of him too much on top of the fact that he stated that QB and NT are his main priorities this draft on NFL network.

now do they feel "that" good about Flacco at #32 to pass up Matt Ryan? Hmm. Not sure. We'll see.

Spray Mucus
01-25-2008, 02:23 PM
I said no

dolpns13
01-25-2008, 02:25 PM
I dont know... do we help the OL who was excelling the first half of the season, regressed, then did a little better to end the season, or do we help the DL who was last in the league against the run for the whole year?

I think the need is at DL, but the more i hear of this injured back by Dorsey the more I stray from him. An injured back for a lineman is a huge injury becaus eof all the leverage and pushing thats can put alot of strain on the back. An ijured back was what forced Bowens to retire, I wanna say Chester too but I cant remember if it was his back or something else. (I know these were older players, but Dorsey already coming into the league with a back issue isnt good IMO)

PhinFan0202
01-25-2008, 02:32 PM
I agree too which is evident in my sig.

Good mock draft by the way. The 1st two picks would give us the pass rushing OLB tandem that we need to transition to the 3-4.

LouPhinFan
01-25-2008, 03:05 PM
At this point in our off season, predicting who we're going to take is about as accurate as predicing if its going to rain in Miami on draft day. Pointless.

I'd rather have Dorsey. If he is as versitile as Boomer says he is, then he has to be accounted for on every snap, every down. To me that's the same as drafting an offensive skill player.

WISfinfan13
01-25-2008, 03:19 PM
I really thought our oline was our most improved and probably most successful unit last season. So spending our first pick on Jake Long would be disapointing. If we trade down a couple spots and Dorsey/Chris Long are gone I wouldnt have a problem with that pick.

adamprez2003
01-25-2008, 03:21 PM
I agree too which is evident in my sig. Sorry. I cant take my eys off of your avatar. Did you say something?

WISfinfan13
01-25-2008, 03:26 PM
Sorry. I cant take my eys off of your avatar. Did you say something?

Who is that in your avatar?? Kind of looks like Brooke Burke...

TexanPhinatic
01-25-2008, 03:38 PM
He also said we almost certainly wont look at DMac. Really the McFadden stuff just needs to die ....

BlueFin
01-25-2008, 03:47 PM
In the end, it may make the most sense to put that money into a QB, if you feel that Ryan is that good. His Pro Day will be important.

2413fanphins
01-25-2008, 04:26 PM
i dont know, but it seems to me that it looks more and more that Matt Ryan will be the pick at #1. Ireland just keeps making mention of him too much on top of the fact that he stated that QB and NT are his main priorities this draft on NFL network.

now do they feel "that" good about Flacco at #32 to pass up Matt Ryan? Hmm. Not sure. We'll see.

I've been starting to think ireland like matt ryan too. I woulnd't be crushed emotionally if we took him, but maybe its a smokescreen.

I keep hearing flacco is jumping up the boards... but playing for div 2, he would almost certainly need a year or two to develope. I don't want our 32nd overall, sitting and developing for a few years.

what is the dropoff in talent from the top ten to early second round for DT or NT and DE's. anybody????

Roman529
01-25-2008, 04:34 PM
I think Chris Long is our pick if we are not able to trade down.

I think Long has an edge over Dorsey in that he is more flexible...he can be a DE or drop play and play linebacker....he also seems to be faster than Dorsey and can knock down passes. I'm sure he has it together being the son of Howie Long, and plays the game the same way his dad did. :woot:

Aqua4Ever04
01-25-2008, 04:37 PM
I think it's a no brainer. Chris Long is the epitome of a Bill Parcells guy, plus he will fit exactly the bill of the defense we're likely going to run.

And for the Matt Ryan advocates, that will make me furious beyond no end. Not only do we already have our QB, but if we make Matt Ryan the #1 over all pick, that would be the biggest mistake this team has made in the draft this decade (which is saying a ton!) I personally think Ryan is over rated BIG time.

Slim
01-25-2008, 04:39 PM
This is what i hate about Kiper... he does 100 mock drafts and changes his decision every time. Then when a team drafts a player he says 'i had them picking him in one of my mocks'

SCREW YOU MEL

alen1
01-25-2008, 06:25 PM
This is what i hate about Kiper... he does 100 mock drafts and changes his decision every time. Then when a team drafts a player he says 'i had them picking him in one of my mocks'

SCREW YOU MEL

GREAT POINT AND SO TRUE! THANK YOU

FINOMINAL
01-25-2008, 06:39 PM
I think the Quarterback talk is to make Atlanta real nervous that we are targeting their guy. I expect the Dolphins to practically have a deal worked out to sign him by draft day. And it will rain in Miami on draft day...

NorFlaFin
01-25-2008, 08:37 PM
I heard Mel Kiper on Mike and Mike as well. He came on 1 hour early then his normal slotted time.

He talk about Jake Long, Chris Long and Glenn Dorsey. He mentioned that the Fins were digging indepth on Dorsey.

Wish I had a transcript.............

NorFlaFin
01-25-2008, 08:41 PM
Found it, if you have ESPN insider membership.
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN- The Patriots have been the best team that has adjusted to the rules of free agency and have acquired the best talent to fit in their system offensively and defensively. Mel won't be surprised if the Dolphins trade the No. 1 pick in this year's draft. Kiper (http://espnradio.espn.go.com/espnradio/show?showId=mikeandmike#) http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/03/in-1.gifhttp://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2008/09/listen-1.gif
http://espnradio.espn.go.com/espnradio/show?showId=mikeandmike