PDA

View Full Version : Is Tom Brady really hurt?

dol-phan007
01-25-2008, 06:10 PM
Im not sure if he is hurt or is he faking.

elite14eva
01-25-2008, 06:29 PM
i believe he's faking it...it's a mind game.

The Confessor
01-25-2008, 06:31 PM
Im not sure if he is hurt or is he faking.

If he is faking it, I sure hope its for real after the superbowl:up:

Straztheman
01-25-2008, 08:09 PM
Well, considering he's been on the injury report for about 2 years with that "Probable" right shoulder, I think it's all fake, and just an excuse for him playing bad vs. San Diego.

Bonedoc7777
01-25-2008, 11:06 PM
its real, seen the play vs SD, probably had the MRI and knows the story by now, he has not practiced this week, so either he is hurt or he is shacked up with the super model for a week

Celtkin
01-25-2008, 11:28 PM
When you have completely dominated the NFL as the Pats have this season, you don't need to play mind games at the expense of having Brady miss practices. :)

unluckyluciano
01-25-2008, 11:43 PM
I think it is real and they are hoping to hell everyone thinks it is a mind game so they don't pound the crap out of his foot during the game.....

adamprez2003
01-25-2008, 11:52 PM
I think it is real and they are hoping to hell everyone thinks it is a mind game so they don't pound the crap out of his foot during the game.....
That would be my strategy. Forget about going for the ball, if you get near Brady just hit him in his ankles

unluckyluciano
01-25-2008, 11:57 PM
If they are smart they do it regardless of rather or not they believe Brady is hurt.....

Celtkin
01-26-2008, 12:09 AM
It's just bad sportsmanship to try to hurt players. If you can't beat a team with skill and talent, you deserve 2nd place.

The Confessor
01-26-2008, 12:12 AM
When you have completely dominated the NFL as the Pats have this season, you don't need to play mind games at the expense of having Brady miss practices. :)

To some extent I disagree bro

Remember that the Pats have barely pulled out 1/2 dozen of the wins they had...

I do think he is hurt, but I also think it is mind games being put on by Billycheek. If anybody can miss a week of practice it would be Brady. He knows the offense, the offense knows him...

That being said, I still hope he is hurt, hobbling and Michael Strahan COMPLETELY unloads on him.....repeatedly:up:

unluckyluciano
01-26-2008, 12:14 AM
It's just bad sportsmanship to try to hurt players. If you can't beat a team with skill and talent, you deserve 2nd place.
I disagree to cheap shot yes. To maybe aim where you know they have had problems not so much. I look at it like boxing, if I know the guy has had broken ribs in the past should I stay away from the body shots because its bad sportsmanship? No, I work the body more because I know thats his weak spot.

GridIronKing34
01-26-2008, 12:21 AM
What? The Patriots fake injuries? No way. It's not like they ever faked injuries during the games for free time outs? *cough* Rodney Harrison *cough*

brandon27
01-26-2008, 02:34 AM
yeah i think its all BS. afterall... this is the patriots... this is tom brady... this is the nfl.

TomBradyWoot
01-28-2008, 12:29 AM
What? The Patriots fake injuries? No way. It's not like they ever faked injuries during the games for free time outs? *cough* Rodney Harrison *cough*
That was Willie McGinest against Indy in 2004.

And IMO, that was a really smart football decision - and you do what you gotta do. If you can afford to be off the field for one play, and it's a risk you know you can take, then why don't you do it?

But that's another issue. Tom Brady is hurt. He's got an ankle sprain. It's not a big deal, and it won't effect him.

GridIronKing34
01-28-2008, 12:35 AM
That was Willie McGinest against Indy in 2004.

And IMO, that was a really smart football decision - and you do what you gotta do. If you can afford to be off the field for one play, and it's a risk you know you can take, then why don't you do it?

But that's another issue. Tom Brady is hurt. He's got an ankle sprain. It's not a big deal, and it won't effect him.

My bad, I could have sworn Harrison pulled the same thing at one time a year or so ago...

Smart? I'd say so... Cheap? No doubt.

I think Brady will be playing though, no worries about that.

TomBradyWoot
01-28-2008, 12:41 AM
My bad, I could have sworn Harrison pulled the same thing at one time a year or so ago...

Smart? I'd say so... Cheap? No doubt.

I think Brady will be playing though, no worries about that.
Come on now, would you really be fine that if the Dolphins were on defense and up by 4, the Pats were driving the ball down their throats no huddle and Miami had no timeouts - Crowder gets a bad stinger and needs a play off, and just runs off the field instead of staying down to get the extra timeout?

You guys would be pissed he didn't do it. If he does it, it's a smart move. Would I be pissed off it happened against the Pats? Of course. But I do agree it's the smartest move he could've made. They can afford to be without him for one play, they desperately needed the timeout. He takes his one play comes back in.

Then just to add insult to injury, makes the key fourth down stop to seal the game. You'd love him for it.

GridIronKing34
01-28-2008, 12:46 AM
Come on now, would you really be fine that if the Dolphins were on defense and up by 4, the Pats were driving the ball down their throats no huddle and Miami had no timeouts - Crowder gets a bad stinger and needs a play off, and just runs off the field instead of staying down to get the extra timeout?

You guys would be pissed he didn't do it. If he does it, it's a smart move. Would I be pissed off it happened against the Pats? Of course. But I do agree it's the smartest move he could've made. They can afford to be without him for one play, they desperately needed the timeout. He takes his one play comes back in.

Then just to add insult to injury, makes the key fourth down stop to seal the game. You'd love him for it.

I would like it, sure... but I would have to be in that position. But the fact is I'm not. I think it was a smart move, but it wasn't exactly a fair move.

unluckyluciano
01-28-2008, 12:48 AM

Smart and legal are too seperate issues......

The Confessor
01-28-2008, 12:50 AM
I would like it, sure... but I would have to be in that position. But the fact is I'm not. I think it was a smart move, but it wasn't exactly a fair move.

Yeah, I would put it in the same category as filming another team to gain advantage.....oh wait....:unsure:

GridIronKing34
01-28-2008, 01:03 AM
Yeah, I would put it in the same category as filming another team to gain advantage.....oh wait....:unsure:

...What team would do that? :lol:

Vertical Limit
01-28-2008, 06:34 PM
I do not think he's faking it nor does he really give a damn. Only people who care is the media. He pretty much threw the injury excuse out the window saying it was nothing and players go through bumps and bruises.