PDA

View Full Version : MERGED: Article on cheating Patriots/Spygate2

phinman1
01-29-2008, 02:01 PM
Old article, but nonetheless on point.

No fan should forget that although the media has brushed aside the cheating in their fervor to anoint the Patsies, that they are CHEATERS.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=easterbrook/070925

brandon27
01-29-2008, 02:39 PM
man oh man... reading that just makes me sick of the nfl and very frustrated again that this was allowed to go on, and all they got nailed with was a draft pick, and some cash... and exactly as the article said... no investigation whatsoever by the league it seems.. and to think some people are about to consider them the "best" team in league history... its pretty sad actually...

late again
01-29-2008, 04:15 PM
These are my thoughts on the whole mess: Every team in the league is obsessed with winning. The need to win and the billions of dollars tied up in it puts so much pressure on coaches that ethics and moral lines get blurry. I feel confidant in saying that all teams are cutthroat in trying to find some kind of competitive edge. Some may not be willing to break the rules, but I'll bet they're in the minority.
Goodell disposed of the evidence and swept this thing under the rug because he knew that the longer it was topical the greater the chance was that the covers would be pulled off of the other teams who've bent or broken the rules.
On a side note; who is the bigger scumbag in all of this? The guy who initiated the spying or the guy who knew about for as long as it has been happening but kept quiet until telling fit his personal agenda? Mangini knew all along what was being done, because he had been a part of it. Why didn't he come forward when he was still on the Pats' staff?

satz
01-29-2008, 05:50 PM
The rule broken was a camera in the wrong location...meaning if the camera was 10 ft away this is not a offence. do consider this when making a statement.NFL is never going to do something that is going to be a hornet`s nest.last year zach said they got the signals from tape and so and so.

Its been going on for ever even when elway won and they found that broncos cooked the books and spend more than other teams which is cheating too they got a fine.

HaRdKoReXXX
01-29-2008, 06:01 PM
It is agreed that if the Patriots did not cheat in the Super Bowl wouldnt the NFL have said so!??! And why in the hell would these tapes be destroyed anyway? Why not let all 31 other teams view them to know "what not to do" and how to "not be a dirty franchise."

HaRdKoReXXX
01-29-2008, 06:05 PM
The rule broken was a camera in the wrong location...meaning if the camera was 10 ft away this is not a offence. do consider this when making a statement.NFL is never going to do something that is going to be a hornet`s nest.last year zach said they got the signals from tape and so and so.

Its been going on for ever even when elway won and they found that broncos cooked the books and spend more than other teams which is cheating too they got a fine.

So you've actually seen these tapes and know exactly whats on them? Well then I guess you considered before making your statement about Zach that ANY team in the NFL could have watched the same tapes the Phins did to pick up those signals.

The Patriots used their own camera bud. And if you believe they got fined a 1st round pick and 500,000 for being out of place with that camera then I got a bridge I wanna sell ya.

MR NFLFAN
01-29-2008, 06:10 PM
It is agreed that if the Patriots did not cheat in the Super Bowl wouldnt the NFL have said so!??! And why in the hell would these tapes be destroyed anyway? Why not let all 31 other teams view them to know "what not to do" and how to "not be a dirty franchise."

Seeing as the tight security the NFL displayed in the handling of these tapes anyone with a TV got to see it. What you don't think the other 31 teams have tv's? What the comissioner got was exactly what we saw on Fox. I sure Goodell just got more of the same. I agree with the other poster that the league didn't want to expose all their dirty little secrets. Thats not good for business.

Roman529
01-29-2008, 06:11 PM
This coverup stinks worse than Watergate.

HaRdKoReXXX
01-29-2008, 06:43 PM
Seeing as the tight security the NFL displayed in the handling of these tapes anyone with a TV got to see it. What you don't think the other 31 teams have tv's? What the comissioner got was exactly what we saw on Fox. I sure Goodell just got more of the same. I agree with the other poster that the league didn't want to expose all their dirty little secrets. Thats not good for business.

Limited Time Only! Brooklyn Bridge is on sale for $49.95! Only if you act now offer not available in stores. (Void in TN)

Again sir, so you honestly think that was what the Pats got in trouble for?! BTW, Steroids in baseball is not "good for business" either. But they could only cover that up for so long. When you break the law or the rules in this case (being a cheater is not a ferderal offense,yet) you must pay!

Don't give me "bad for business". What a bunch of political crap the NFL is slingin if they pulled that card instead of telling us the truth. Your team is dirty, admit it dude.

Gator Mike
01-29-2008, 11:41 PM
For argument's sake, let's say that instead f the sidelines, the Patriots were taping from the endzone, where they're allowed to.

And let's say their camera operator chooses to zoom in on the Jets' defensive coaches while their giving signals, and then zooms out to show the full field.

Is that cheating? Should the NFL control not only where teams film from, but what they tape? Should every coaching tape be turned over to the NFL after each game for NFL Security to review? What if the Pats can pick up defensive signals from their normal, legal game tapes? Is that OK?

What if the Patriots hire three guys from MIT to sit in the front row of the stands and decipher the signals? Illegal? They're not taping.

Changing gears, what about a base runner on 2nd base? If he's relaying signs from the catcher to his teammate, is that cheating?

MR NFLFAN
01-30-2008, 01:13 AM
For argument's sake, let's say that instead f the sidelines, the Patriots were taping from the endzone, where they're allowed to.

And let's say their camera operator chooses to zoom in on the Jets' defensive coaches while their giving signals, and then zooms out to show the full field.

Is that cheating? Should the NFL control not only where teams film from, but what they tape? Should every coaching tape be turned over to the NFL after each game for NFL Security to review? What if the Pats can pick up defensive signals from their normal, legal game tapes? Is that OK?

What if the Patriots hire three guys from MIT to sit in the front row of the stands and decipher the signals? Illegal? They're not taping.

Changing gears, what about a base runner on 2nd base? If he's relaying signs from the catcher to his teammate, is that cheating?

I'm tell ya their going to start calling you a troll. :D

MR NFLFAN
01-30-2008, 01:56 AM
Limited Time Only! Brooklyn Bridge is on sale for $49.95! Only if you act now offer not available in stores. (Void in TN)

Again sir, so you honestly think that was what the Pats got in trouble for?! BTW, Steroids in baseball is not "good for business" either. But they could only cover that up for so long. When you break the law or the rules in this case (being a cheater is not a ferderal offense,yet) you must pay!

Don't give me "bad for business". What a bunch of political crap the NFL is slingin if they pulled that card instead of telling us the truth. Your team is dirty, admit it dude.

My response to you was about the tapes or as you like to think of them the smoking gun of the Patriots and NFL conspiracy.
Think about this for a few short moments. Your Bill Belichick and someone from your video dept has been caught video taping from the sideline. The tape is confiscated by the jets and turned over to the league office except somewhere along the way to the league office Fox sports gets a copy. Nobody seems to know how Fox got that copy but it reflected very poorly on the security within the Halls of the commisioners office. My guess is the Fox tape was probably gotten from the Jets but that just my opinion. Anyway thats neither here or there about the destroying of films.

So fox has this tape and they play it on TV. It shows the "D" signals being signaled in and then a shot of the clock for down and distance. The comissioner talks to Belichick who says he misinterrpeted the rule. The comssioner hands him and the team a penality and a huge fine and also orders all other illegal tapes to be turned over to his office.

What do you think Belichick actually turned over?

I'll tell you what he turned over... it was more of the same...shot of the "D" signals being signaled in and more clock shots. It was what the commisioner asked for and I'm sure he got just that and nothing more nothing less. How many tapes were turned over we'll never know but you can take it to the bank those tapes were just more of the same type taping the comissioner already had. You seem to think there is more here that was swept under the carpet but I don't see it.

I think that comissioner Goodell at that point after seeing the other films and knowing he had a secuirty leak felt the business of the NFL didn't need to worsen its own black eye by more tapes showing up on the networks decided to destroy them. No Conspiracy by the league or the Patriots it was just Goodell doing what was good for business.

satz
01-30-2008, 09:07 AM
So you've actually seen these tapes and know exactly whats on them? Well then I guess you considered before making your statement about Zach that ANY team in the NFL could have watched the same tapes the Phins did to pick up those signals.

The Patriots used their own camera bud. And if you believe they got fined a 1st round pick and 500,000 for being out of place with that camera then I got a bridge I wanna sell ya.

No zach said they brought the tapes from a guy who shot them from the front seats.so the location is a legal location and hence is not a rule break.that is all i am saying

phinman1
01-30-2008, 10:53 AM
My response to you was about the tapes or as you like to think of them the smoking gun of the Patriots and NFL conspiracy.
Think about this for a few short moments. Your Bill Belichick and someone from your video dept has been caught video taping from the sideline. The tape is confiscated by the jets and turned over to the league office except somewhere along the way to the league office Fox sports gets a copy. Nobody seems to know how Fox got that copy but it reflected very poorly on the security within the Halls of the commisioners office. My guess is the Fox tape was probably gotten from the Jets but that just my opinion. Anyway thats neither here or there about the destroying of films.

So fox has this tape and they play it on TV. It shows the "D" signals being signaled in and then a shot of the clock for down and distance. The comissioner talks to Belichick who says he misinterrpeted the rule. The comssioner hands him and the team a penality and a huge fine and also orders all other illegal tapes to be turned over to his office.

What do you think Belichick actually turned over?

I'll tell you what he turned over... it was more of the same...shot of the "D" signals being signaled in and more clock shots. It was what the commisioner asked for and I'm sure he got just that and nothing more nothing less. How many tapes were turned over we'll never know but you can take it to the bank those tapes were just more of the same type taping the comissioner already had. You seem to think there is more here that was swept under the carpet but I don't see it.

I think that comissioner Goodell at that point after seeing the other films and knowing he had a secuirty leak felt the business of the NFL didn't need to worsen its own black eye by more tapes showing up on the networks decided to destroy them. No Conspiracy by the league or the Patriots it was just Goodell doing what was good for business.

Oh, I see. Well that certainly clears that up. Good to know we have an real honest to God NFL insider among us. :lol:

Your assumptions mean, and show absolutely nothing.

Stop the denial. Your team cheats, and they will be remembered that way.

MR NFLFAN
01-30-2008, 12:00 PM
Oh, I see. Well that certainly clears that up. Good to know we have an real honest to God NFL insider among us. :lol:

Your assumptions mean, and show absolutely nothing.

Stop the denial. Your team cheats, and they will be remembered that way.

Denial? Where is there any denial? My assumptions are based on watching Belichick for 7 yrs and common sense. This ain't rocket science.

So please share with us what you believe those tapes contained. I'd like to hear it.

Vertical Limit
01-30-2008, 12:18 PM
Actually, us Dolphin fans will remember, and maybe some rival teams, but outside of that, everyone including myself thinks this Patriots team is a great team.

So let's give them a loss for the Jets. 15-1. Want to give them another loss for the Ravens? 14-2. Still would be the number 1 seed, still far away better than all the other teams, still will be in the Super Bowl.

They rewrote a bunch of history, and their performance itself shows that they don't need to cheat, even though they did, once.

late again
01-30-2008, 12:52 PM
Denial? Where is there any denial? My assumptions are based on watching Belichick for 7 yrs and common sense. This ain't rocket science.

So please share with us what you believe those tapes contained. I'd like to hear it.

The secrets of the universe?.......the meaning of life?.....what really happened in Roswell that day. And a reading by Belichick from the book How To Win Friends & Influence People. I've got it on good authority

phinman1
01-30-2008, 01:10 PM

The article I posted says it all.

FinsNCanes
01-30-2008, 01:59 PM
They cheated, got caught. What else is there to say? They should have a loss on their record and we were all told these tapes have gone back a couple years now. What's that tell you? It tells you they've been cheating for years.

HaRdKoReXXX
01-30-2008, 02:41 PM

LOL, no but taping it and posting on the jumbotron is. :winkwink:

Roman529
01-30-2008, 03:21 PM
I got banned from the Patriot's fan forum (Patriot's Planet) for repeatedly calling out these cheaters. Guess the truth hurts huh Patsies? The bottom line is the Patriot's cheated, and the NFL/Commissioner covered up the cheating by burning the tapes and all evidence related to this.

HaRdKoReXXX
01-30-2008, 05:12 PM
Actually, us Dolphin fans will remember, and maybe some rival teams, but outside of that, everyone including myself thinks this Patriots team is a great team.

So let's give them a loss for the Jets. 15-1. Want to give them another loss for the Ravens? 14-2. Still would be the number 1 seed, still far away better than all the other teams, still will be in the Super Bowl.

They rewrote a bunch of history, and their performance itself shows that they don't need to cheat, even though they did, once.

Vertical Limit please don't take offense to this but why is it everytime I read one of your posts I think you are actually a Dolphins hater in disguise? Again I mean no disrespect but either you are the most cynical Dolphins fan Ive ever seen or you have complete and utter disgust for this franchise...:ponder:

MR NFLFAN
01-30-2008, 07:09 PM
The article I posted says it all.

The article you posted is more sensationalizim than answers. As a matter of fact it doesn't provide a single answer to what was on those tapes. The writer insinuates there is some smoking gun in evidence that was turned over by the Patriots and then tries to lead your imagination down some conspiracy path. I see you follow his lead. Just because the league wanted to end this scandal and refused to be interrogated by some reporter doesn't prove anything. I didn't see him suggest perhaps Goodell just saw more of the same and didn't think keeping it in the press was good for the league. I mean that is just as big a possibility as any other reason for distroying those tapes. Another thing I noticed is that this reporter keeps asking if NE cheated in any of their SB wins. How would the league know that? Do you think Belichick made tapes of himself giving instrutions to his o coordinator on how to use them? I'm going to ask you again and I don't want a link to some conspiracy theorist writer I'd like to hear whats in your mind...what exactly do you believe those tapes turned over contained? How and when exactly were these tapes used to gain an advantage. Got any thoughts of your own on any of this?

MR NFLFAN
01-30-2008, 07:20 PM
Vertical Limit please don't take offense to this but why is it everytime I read one of your posts I think you are actually a Dolphins hater in disguise? Again I mean no disrespect but either you are the most cynical Dolphins fan Ive ever seen or you have complete and utter disgust for this franchise...:ponder:

I don't agree with you. I think VL responds to post without bias and can rationalize events with common sense and responsibility. I don't know why that would make him a Dolphins hater in your eyes.

satz
01-31-2008, 10:05 AM
I got banned from the Patriot's fan forum (Patriot's Planet) for repeatedly calling out these cheaters. Guess the truth hurts huh Patsies? The bottom line is the Patriot's cheated, and the NFL/Commissioner covered up the cheating by burning the tapes and all evidence related to this.
I would really like some proof.Even when the tape was partially release i did not see 1 guy coach / player break down what the heck was going on.
their where 3 signal callers [one 1 is real and 2 are bogus ] shaking their hands.

i would like to have seen if this was used.also every year alot of personal move around and would liked ot have had 1 guy say this was done before this season or 2.i am sure they could have found 1 guy to say something on TV about this.alot of them are with the jets and other organisations or out of football.

last of all how this is different from broncos winning sb by cooking the cap and taking a fine, parcells opening the gaints doors when ever a kicker lines up for a field goal or jimmy johnson saying the dophins circumvented the 15sec cutoff on coach/qb communication on radio a few days ago. the panther fails steriod test after sb agianst the pats. just a few items off the top of my head.even shula said he used to video tape the bronco`s practice before the sb....but why is this such a big deal when the thing was not even proved one way or other.

phinman1
01-31-2008, 11:03 AM
The article you posted is more sensationalizim than answers. As a matter of fact it doesn't provide a single answer to what was on those tapes. The writer insinuates there is some smoking gun in evidence that was turned over by the Patriots and then tries to lead your imagination down some conspiracy path. I see you follow his lead. Just because the league wanted to end this scandal and refused to be interrogated by some reporter doesn't prove anything. I didn't see him suggest perhaps Goodell just saw more of the same and didn't think keeping it in the press was good for the league. I mean that is just as big a possibility as any other reason for distroying those tapes. Another thing I noticed is that this reporter keeps asking if NE cheated in any of their SB wins. How would the league know that? Do you think Belichick made tapes of himself giving instrutions to his o coordinator on how to use them? I'm going to ask you again and I don't want a link to some conspiracy theorist writer I'd like to hear whats in your mind...what exactly do you believe those tapes turned over contained? How and when exactly were these tapes used to gain an advantage. Got any thoughts of your own on any of this?

Your dismissal of Easterbrook as a conspiracy theorist is laughable. He is a long time NFL observer, and a respected thinker in a variety of areas. If anything, his speaking out on the topic gives that point of view a lot more respectability.

As for what I think is on the tapes, who cares? My speculation would be almost as useless as yours. Haven't you been paying attention? The tapes were almost immediately destroyed. The NFL didn't want anyone to know what was on them. Now when evidence is destroyed, it's generally not because it was harmless or unrevealing. Common sense. In my mind, the money machine that is the NFL wanted this stuff gone as soon as possible, lest Super Bowls be tainted.

Again, what is known is that the Patriots are cheaters, and therefore they certainly deserve no benefit of the doubt on this issue.

MR NFLFAN
02-01-2008, 06:13 PM
Your dismissal of Easterbrook as a conspiracy theorist is laughable. He is a long time NFL observer, and a respected thinker in a variety of areas. If anything, his speaking out on the topic gives that point of view a lot more respectability.

As for what I think is on the tapes, who cares? My speculation would be almost as useless as yours. Haven't you been paying attention? The tapes were almost immediately destroyed. The NFL didn't want anyone to know what was on them. Now when evidence is destroyed, it's generally not because it was harmless or unrevealing. Common sense. In my mind, the money machine that is the NFL wanted this stuff gone as soon as possible, lest Super Bowls be tainted.

gain, what is known is that the Patriots are cheaters, and therefore they certainly deserve no benefit of the doubt on this issue.

Of course the NFL didn't want anyone to see it. We agree
Now why would he not want anyone to see them?

If you were commisioner Goodell which do you feel would have better suited the league and the "money machine"

More tapes as we already saw on Fox
More tapes that could show worse offenses even some by other teams?
No additional tapes....Destroy the tapes

I know which one I'd do if I was running the business.

Shots of 3 coaches waving their hands around and then a look at the score board...over and over, again and again or something worse? God only knows what could be hiding under the rug in the NFL.
I'm betting on the over and over, again and again but neither one would have been good for the money machine.
What useful purpose would Goodell have to keep either of those tapes around for?
I don't see a conspiracy here. Goodell didn't get to be commisioner by being stupid. I see a business man trying to minimumize his losses. Fact is NFL Football is nothing more than a product to market and like any other product on the market none wants a black eye regarding their product. Wouldn't any good CEO do the same?

MR NFLFAN
02-01-2008, 08:30 PM
This is a word for word transcript of Goodell's comments in his press conference.

Q: There are still a lot of unanswered questions. You've never said why did they do it when they're such a good team, how long were they doing it? What advantage did they get out of it? What did they do with the information? Did it help them win any games? Did you find out the answers to those questions?

A: Well first off, the answers to why they did it, I think that'd have to be addressed by the New England Patriots. That's not something that I was really concerned with.

As far as it relates to what we found, it was totally consistent with what the team told us. As a matter of fact, many of you saw it because one of the tapes was leaked. It's very clearly the coach making signals, and it shows the down and distance. It's not exciting. It's limited. I believe there were six tapes, and in fact in one of the tapes one of the coaches was waving at the camera indicating that they understood they were being taped.

So I think as far as the actual effectiveness, of taping signals, as you all know, taking signals from opposing football teams, or in other sports, is something that's done and it's done quite widely, and teams prepare for that. There isn't a team that doesn't go into a game because of the complex nature in the way they handle either their wristbands, different coaches sending signals in...one live, one not, they all protect against that.

So I think it probably had a limited effect, if ANY effect on the outcome of any games.

http://blogs.usatoday.com/sportsscope/2008/02/live-goodells-a.html

adamprez2003
02-03-2008, 09:51 AM
Nonsense. The guy who busted Asterik Nation was Mangini. Now how did he come to suspect that the Asteriks would do this? Could it be that from the years 2000 to 2005 he had seen this tactic used by his former boss? This is a flat out attempted coverup by Goodell. Going back to 2006? You gotta be kidding me

FINishedPerfect
02-03-2008, 03:08 PM
With new allegations against the Patriots having emerged what is everyone take on this matter. The NFL's Roger Goodell sweep the dirt under the carpet as well as almost all media outlets that cover football (ABC,ESPN,NBC,FOX,CBS) and I feel the punishment didn't fit the crime when you put the integrity of the game on line. Now someone Congress wants to know why they destroyed the tapes something seems fishy. I love football but for YEARS I watched refs make some bogus calls like the outcome of the game was already known. This is sports not sports entertainment its about competition not marketing and targeting what will make you the most money. I have believe for years that Belicheat has sign players we cuts just to get insight into our organization,coaches, & play-books. This man will use any advantage possible to win. I'm not making excuses but if you know the plays and the audible signs that give you a distinct advantage. Whats your take to the effect that Belicheat tactics have had on the Dolphins.

Here is the link there are a fews articles about it on PFT:
http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

feelthepain
02-03-2008, 03:20 PM
Guilty, guilty and Oh yeah....GUILTY!!!!!!!!!!!!

PhenomenalPhin
02-03-2008, 03:23 PM
The possiblity of the patriots franchise being exposed and known as cheaters for many years really brings joy to my heart.

Dolphins7273
02-03-2008, 03:26 PM
The possiblity of the patriots franchise being exposed and known as cheaters for many years really brings joy to my heart.

Same here. :up:

jimmy42jack0
02-03-2008, 03:31 PM
Same here. :up:
count me in on this being that i live about 20 minutes from gillette stadium...id love them to be shown for the frauds they are

IceStorm
02-03-2008, 03:38 PM
But the NFL won't do anything. Not a thing. Why? Because the NFL is a business, and to punish them "properly" would cause them a financial set back. And no business is willing to do that to itself. The NFL stands to make far too much money on the Patriots going undefeated. Doing so would bring in a refresh to an old record, newer fans, younger fans to last for more years to come. The cash windfall they stand to gain is enormous.
So why would the NFL shoot itself? No chance.
They for sure won't penalize the Patriots any games.

When I was in school, if I got a 100 on a test and then it was found that I had cheated...I got a 0.
The NFL has proven that in their business, you can cheat and get caught and you can buy a win.
So much for fairness.
NFL=No Fairness League

feelthepain
02-03-2008, 03:56 PM
....did I mention guilty?

whatsburning
02-03-2008, 04:29 PM
These new allegations bring to mind a game several years back when the Patsies used the excuse that the Dolphins have used the same audibles for years and years now, it has never changed. They used that knowledge to pick off Marino near the goal line and knew at other key points in the game what was about to be called.

That explaination was plausible at the time, mainly because it was true... Marino had basically the same calls and terminology from way back when. I believe it was Bruschi who gave that interview, but I'm not sure...

Now, I have to question whether the not only had knowledge from years and years of hearing Marino call out the audibles, but did they also have video from the sidelines of signals being sent in to the offense? It would be hard to use the video from game to game, but from year to year, it gives the them a very big unfair advantage.

Cannonboy
02-03-2008, 04:35 PM
Well a Senator is looking into the matter so there must be something there. I always seems its odd the the Pats recievers are always so wide open. I've never seen this with any other team. It seems like the recievers know exactly where to go.

muscle979
02-03-2008, 05:01 PM
If they win tonight it will be a sad day for the NFL. The commissioner has already swept everything under the rug and the media is too busy verbally felating the team to notice. They shouldn't even have a shot at perfection b/c they should have been handed a loss for the game they got CAUGHT cheating in. What a shame.

Myles Fynch
02-03-2008, 06:57 PM
I never bought into the line of thinking that the first time the Pats decided to cheat against an opponent, they got caught. But now that it's been alleged that their wrongdoing goes back six years, it really makes you wonder. Their almost E.S.P. like performance against the Rams in the SB was uncanny. It's not for nothing that myself and many other non-Patriot fans referred to them as "The Borg." Heck, I just thought they were well prepared by their coaching staff and had great athletes. My bad.

But I'm livid at Goodell. I expect more from him than "trust us, we asked the Patriots if it was true and they said 'no'" stuff. Nonsense. The fine against the team and Belichick, in combination with losing a #1 pick, seemed harsh at the time. But then the evidence was thrown in an incinerator and when you need to take a closer look at it, it doesn't exist. Makes you wonder just how far the rabbit hole goes...

If Specter can offer Walsh immunity, compel him to testify, and eventually make him spill his guts under oath... if Walsh has got any goods against the Pats at all, this whole thing will appear whitewashed by the commissioner with Kraft's nodding approval. It would, and in that case should, cost Goodell his job. Like Watergate and so many scandals after it, it's the coverup that often times is worse than the crime itself.

endorPHINS72
02-03-2008, 07:24 PM
This is a bloody crime. The NFL isn't going to do anything because they think that if the Patsies go 19-0 then "it's good for the league". The NFL is becoming a ****ing joke. **** Belichick, **** Tom Brady and **** the Patriots!!!

AquaAssasin
02-04-2008, 01:04 AM
With new allegations against the Patriots having emerged what is everyone take on this matter. The NFL's Roger Goodell sweep the dirt under the carpet as well as almost all media outlets that cover football (ABC,ESPN,NBC,FOX,CBS) and I feel the punishment didn't fit the crime when you put the integrity of the game on line. Now someone Congress wants to know why they destroyed the tapes something seems fishy. I love football but for YEARS I watched refs make some bogus calls like the outcome of the game was already known. This is sports not sports entertainment its about competition not marketing and targeting what will make you the most money. I have believe for years that Belicheat has sign players we cuts just to get insight into our organization,coaches, & play-books. This man will use any advantage possible to win. I'm not making excuses but if you know the plays and the audible signs that give you a distinct advantage. Whats your take to the effect that Belicheat tactics have had on the Dolphins.

Here is the link there are a fews articles about it on PFT:
http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Thats a known fact that everytime we cut a player the pats sign them up. The jets were the first to make it known when they grabbed keith byars and hey knew every miami call. It was documented. Every play Miami called they knew what was coming and when Marino audibled they checked. You can thank Byars for that..thats why you never get rid of a player to a rival or make sure in his contract that he is a restricted free agent.

I know some pf ypu dont know this but Jimmy Johnson was trying really hard to get Marshall Faulk on board but the Colts refused to let him go to a divisional rival; which was smart on their part.

FinsFan74
02-04-2008, 12:34 PM
Don't know if this has already been posted....sorry if so
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/football/nfl/specials/playoffs/2007/02/04/bc.fbn.superbowl.patrio.ap/index.html

6r3yf0x
02-04-2008, 12:49 PM
Well the US Congress is getting invloved and wants to know why the tapes were destroyed and what the NFL is doing to investigate the allegations regarding the Patriots cheating since 2002.

The NFL needs to take a page from College Football and place the "Death Penalty" on the Patriots. :D

Etuoo33
02-04-2008, 02:58 PM
"On Saturday, the Boston Herald reported that an unidentified source said a member of the Patriots' video staff taped the St. Louis Rams' last walkthrough before they played in the 2002 Super Bowl. The Patriots beat the favored Rams the next day 20-17 for their first NFL title.
Specter said he questioned why Matt Walsh, who did video work for the Patriots during that time, was not interviewed as part of the investigation."

Maybe this is why the tapes were destroyed! How would the NFL look if it had to strip the crown from the Cheatriots. How about the post game comments from the surly child Bellecheat? Pretty classy huh. How about we leave the field before the clock runs out. Now that panache' worthy of the NFL. I think they need to fine his @$& again, maybe with another first rounder!

SabanHater
02-04-2008, 03:07 PM
this is what the tapes contained: http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x275/MorganHolohan/Bill-Belechick.jpg

DevereauxWilson
02-04-2008, 11:36 PM
Correct me if im wrong, but they Jets confiscated the TAPE early in the game or maybe even before it. And then Little Boy Goodel destroys tapeS and evidence given to them by the Patriots.
Obviously they had taped more than once.

Mike13
02-05-2008, 10:42 AM
Well the US Congress is getting invloved and wants to know why the tapes were destroyed and what the NFL is doing to investigate the allegations regarding the Patriots cheating since 2002.

If these allegations are true then Bellichick is royally ****ed, the Commish cant cover anything up this time.

rev kev
02-05-2008, 10:55 AM
this is what the tapes contained: http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x275/MorganHolohan/Bill-Belechick.jpg

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET