PDA

View Full Version : looking WAY ahead... ryan perriloux

2413fanphins
01-31-2008, 12:40 PM
what are the odds of us having a somewhat high draft pick next year.. and what would the odds than be of us taking perriloux with our first pick in the 09 draft.

this is all circumstantial for now.

we would have to do nothing with the qb position this year and would have to probably have a top ten pick next year.

but what's the early scouting report on the kid. I thought he looked pretty good in the action I watched earlier this year.

just speculating of course, but what do you guys think?

Stitches
01-31-2008, 12:46 PM
Well he would have to declare for us to even have a chance at taking him. He needs a lot of work from a passing standpoint IMO. Guy has talent though, that's for sure.

Motion
01-31-2008, 12:48 PM
Very very raw. Doubt he'll be coming out next year either. I'd have to see alot more of his passing game first. He has some potential though.

#1 Fan
01-31-2008, 01:15 PM
love the guy. hope we take him. tebow will be available too. interesting draft

Motion
01-31-2008, 01:18 PM

Neither will likely declare. Tebow has already said he's staying in school all 4 years.

Boomer
01-31-2008, 01:35 PM

Unlikely to be an NFL QB

BlueFin
01-31-2008, 01:49 PM
Unlikely to be an NFL QB

Where do you think Tebow projects best in the NFL Boom? Tight End/H-Back?

Namor
01-31-2008, 03:02 PM
The QB in the SEC to watch for,in my opinion will be Ga.'s Matt
Stafford.When he comes out,He'll make a good pro.

Boomer
01-31-2008, 04:32 PM
Where do you think Tebow projects best in the NFL Boom? Tight End/H-Back?

H-back I would imagine mate. What do you think?

Namor
01-31-2008, 04:38 PM
Boomer...what do you think about Matt Stafford from Ga?

mort5506
01-31-2008, 04:48 PM
Tim Tebow = Mark Bruenell ... When Mark was young in his career he was a scrambler, he is a lefty with good arm strength and decent accuracy. Give Tebow time and he will develope, the biggest ? will be his smarts, being from Jacksonville I have heard time and time again from people who knew him and even played with him that he is dumb as a box of rocks.

DOL-FAN92
01-31-2008, 05:04 PM
why did you post this....Perriloux was a freshmen last year.....which means he wont be out next year either...he would have to wait until his Junior year to declare for the draft....which if you havent noticed is the 2010 season(junior year)....

Stitches
01-31-2008, 05:10 PM
why did you post this....Perriloux was a freshmen last year.....which means he wont be out next year either...he would have to wait until his Junior year to declare for the draft....which if you havent noticed is the 2010 season(junior year)....

I believe he was a redshirt freshman last year, so he could declare after next season, but I will have to check again to see if he was a redshirt or not.

Edit: He was actually a redshirt sophomore last year, so technically he could have declared for this draft.

alen1
01-31-2008, 05:10 PM
i hope we dont have to worry about drafting him b/c we would have a franchise qb.

Boomer
01-31-2008, 05:27 PM
Boomer...what do you think about Matt Stafford from Ga?

If he trains on next season he has 1st overall pick ability.

jim1
01-31-2008, 05:29 PM
If he trains on next season he has 1st overall pick ability.

Stafford has one of the best arms that I've seen.

Boomer
01-31-2008, 05:35 PM
He's a strong boy

Charlie Brown
01-31-2008, 05:41 PM
H-back I would imagine mate. What do you think?

Tebow would be a better QB than a RB in the NFL

2413fanphins
01-31-2008, 06:31 PM
I believe he was a redshirt freshman last year, so he could declare after next season, but I will have to check again to see if he was a redshirt or not.

Edit: He was actually a redshirt sophomore last year, so technically he could have declared for this draft.

thanks for looking it up. I actually thought he was a redshirt freshman, but I will take your word for it, seems you must have looked it up.

I too hope we don't need to draft a qb next year, nothing would make me happier.

At any rate, I guess I don't need to apologize to dol fan 92 for posting than.

Motion
02-01-2008, 09:41 AM
Tim Tebow = Mark Bruenell ... When Mark was young in his career he was a scrambler, he is a lefty with good arm strength and decent accuracy. Give Tebow time and he will develope, the biggest ? will be his smarts, being from Jacksonville I have heard time and time again from people who knew him and even played with him that he is dumb as a box of rocks.

Interesting considering he had a 3.77 GPA last semester and the team as a whole broke the school record for overall GPA.

#1 Fan
02-01-2008, 02:21 PM
not to be cynical or anything, but i wouldn't put too much stock in football players' gpa. i'd take those numbers with a grain of salt

2413fanphins
02-01-2008, 02:24 PM
I know more than a handful of people who are dumb as hell, but got excellent grades throughout college.

zach8111
02-01-2008, 02:55 PM
Neither will likely declare. Tebow has already said he's staying in school all 4 years.

dont think tebow will stay. i think he will be the best QB in the draft but john beck will impress this year so we wont be in this situation. if we dont get a big time WR in this draft or via trade, we should really look at WR texas tech Crabtree. he is an absolute beast. it think he is calvin johnson caliber or better, 6-3 212 runs 4.4.

Motion
02-01-2008, 02:57 PM
dont think tebow will stay. i think he will be the best QB in the draft but john beck will impress this year so we wont be in this situation. if we dont get a big time WR in this draft or via trade, we should really look at WR texas tech Crabtree. he is an absolute beast. it think he is calvin johnson caliber or better, 6-3 212 runs 4.4.

I would bet money Tebow stays. He values education more than football. Anything is possible but the odds are he stays.