PDA

View Full Version : Do You Guys Want Marion Barber?

CowboyFan
01-31-2008, 04:35 PM
I am from the Cowboys-Forum and there has obviously been confusion and rumors about us trading with you guys for that #1 pick. Many cowboys fans want Darren Mcfadden. This is a possibility because Jerry Jones is from Arkansas and likes mcfadden and Julius Jones is gone. There is rumors of us giving you marion Barber and some other picks for your #1. Parcells loves Marion Barber and loves to trade picks(We traded our pick when we could have got Steven ajckson and ended up with Julius Jones). You guys already have Ronnie Brown but a 2 back tandem is always lethal. I personally want to keep marion Barber because mcfadden is not uareenteed to be good. Do you Fins fans want Barber?

thanks

CowboysFan a.k.a MarionDaBarbarion

Boomer
01-31-2008, 04:39 PM
It won't happen. Miami's highest paid player is Ronnie Brown. They would have to give Barber a significant deal. They're not going to tie up huge cash in 2 players who will likely only touch the ball 12 times a game.

CowboyFan
01-31-2008, 04:42 PM
It won't happen. Miami's highest paid player is Ronnie Brown. They would have to give Barber a significant deal. They're not going to tie up huge cash in 2 players who will likely only touch the ball 12 times a game.

Marion Barber is not gonna want big money. He just wants to play football. He will take pay cuts to help you guys out.

MrTree
01-31-2008, 04:57 PM
Marion Barber is not gonna want big money. He just wants to play football. He will take pay cuts to help you guys out.

Riiiggggghhhhhttttt. Does Marion know this?

Namor
01-31-2008, 04:58 PM
Riiiggggghhhhhttttt. Does Marion know this?

Thats what I was wondering!!!

JT#1
01-31-2008, 05:00 PM
i agree, if it was a player at another position besides running back, i would consider it, but we have a pretty good platoon of RBs and have alot of other needs

Paul 13
01-31-2008, 05:01 PM
No thanks, he's not my type... too thick in the legs...

Batman13
01-31-2008, 05:05 PM
:lol:
No thanks, he's not my type... too thick in the legs...

I would love to have Barber as a Dolphin. He is a top 10 RB in the league imho.

Major Lunacy
01-31-2008, 05:19 PM

Huh?:err:

Boomer
01-31-2008, 05:21 PM

Really????

So a top 7/8 back in the league is going to play for Miami at the league minimum to carry the ball 10/12 times a game?

Or Marion Barber, a top 7/8 back in the league is going to sign for a team for around $40 million over 5 years to carry the ball 400 times a season and catch 65 passes??

Now let.....me.....think.....

Charlie Brown
01-31-2008, 05:26 PM
Dallas would be dumb to trade Marion Barber. We already have Ronnie Brown anyways.

XXXSURTAINXXX
01-31-2008, 05:26 PM
That Cowboy has been eating Cow pattys.

Ghetti13
01-31-2008, 05:46 PM
The reality is that McFadden is not as good as the media gives him credit for. There are significant holes in his game. Yeah, he has great speed and acceleration, but playing running back requires a bit more than that. This reality will come to light eventually.

Going from Barber to McFadden would be a step backwards for Dallas.

RotaryP7
01-31-2008, 05:59 PM
Horrible trade imo..

FINSFAN2781
01-31-2008, 06:02 PM
Ive been in favor of this trade ever since the rumors started. I would love Barber in the backfield with Brown and Booker. We then have "The Killer B's" pounding the ball down the oppositions throat.

Oraclepz
01-31-2008, 06:08 PM
I wouldnt mind Marion but we dont need him... i see big things coming for Lorenzo Booker this year... plus i would rather have the other trade i keep hearing about ... 2 first rounders + a second + bobby carpenter + marcus spears AKA FATS DOMINO...:up:

Regan21286
01-31-2008, 06:11 PM
We'd be stupid to get Barber without dumping Brown. Only way Brown should ever leave is if Cowboys include Tony Romo and/or Terrell Owens with a restraining order on Jessica Simpson.

Roman529
01-31-2008, 06:13 PM
I am from the Cowboys-Forum and there has obviously been confusion and rumors about us trading with you guys for that #1 pick. Many cowboys fans want Darren Mcfadden. This is a possibility because Jerry Jones is from Arkansas and likes mcfadden and Julius Jones is gone. There is rumors of us giving you marion Barber and some other picks for your #1. Parcells loves Marion Barber and loves to trade picks(We traded our pick when we could have got Steven ajckson and ended up with Julius Jones). You guys already have Ronnie Brown but a 2 back tandem is always lethal. I personally want to keep marion Barber because mcfadden is not uareenteed to be good. Do you Fins fans want Barber?

thanks

CowboysFan a.k.a MarionDaBarbarion

I would not hesitate to trade our overall #1 pick to Dallas for your two first rounders and Marion Barber...this would give us three solid guys, and we would not have to spend $40 million on the first overall pick.

jim1
01-31-2008, 06:56 PM
I wouldnt mind Marion but we dont need him... i see big things coming for Lorenzo Booker this year... plus i would rather have the other trade i keep hearing about ... 2 first rounders + a second + bobby carpenter + marcus spears AKA FATS DOMINO...:up:

I kind of like TE Anthony Fasano, too.

Xeticus
01-31-2008, 07:51 PM
I would rather trade our first rounder for Dallas' 2 first rounders, 2nd rounder and 3rd rounder. We have Ronnie Brown, Lorenzo Booker and in pinch Ricky Williams. RB is not our problem. But the cowboys have this QB fellow name Tony Romo. What's he doing nowadays?

SgtPhin
01-31-2008, 08:13 PM
That Cowboy has been eating Cow pattys.

No, but he has been nibblin' the 'shrooms!!!

traptses
01-31-2008, 08:16 PM
I'm not saying I would boo the trade, but I wouldn't do it. We have Brown as the starter, and like 20 options as backups, already on the team.

padre31
01-31-2008, 08:45 PM
"If" we cut Ronnie Brown then "sure" Marion Barber could work..

Right now, nobody knows what Parcells and Ireland are going to do, so I'd have to pass on Barber until it becomes clear what is going to happen in Miami this Feb and Apr.

#1dolphinsfan
01-31-2008, 09:18 PM
I like the RB we have now Ronnie Brown and i also like his back up L. Booker so no thanks

#1dolphinsfan
01-31-2008, 09:19 PM
"If" we cut Ronnie Brown then "sure" Marion Barber could work..

Right now, nobody knows what Parcells and Ireland are going to do, so I'd have to pass on Barber until it becomes clear what is going to happen in Miami this Feb and Apr.
WHY would we cut Ronnie Brown he has proven he can be one of the Best in the League this year so i doubt that we will cut him

mxkawi1
01-31-2008, 11:52 PM
The rumors DON"T have us trading for Barber. The rumor is for the Cowboys to trade Barber to some team that has a low 1st round pick, so that the Cowboys could then send that pick and one of their other 1st round picks to us for the #1 pick. Because their two first round picks are not enough for our #1 pick, and they don't want to have to give us all of their picks(which it would take). I don't know why everybody keeps talking about Barber being traded here. We don't need a RB and that's why he was never rumored to come here.

Backer85
02-01-2008, 12:54 AM
No, I do not want Barber. I think we are fine with Ricky and Ronnie. I hate it when carries are taken away from Ronnie. He is our franchise RB he should be getting the ball. Did you see some of the plays he made this year? I hoping that I get into Buff State so I can go see them play the Bills.

Touchnit187
02-01-2008, 07:05 PM
all i got to say is.....HELL YEAH~ ~ ! ! are you serious? he's a sick running monster..LOL if we do get Barber and have a heathy Brown..you better watch out! ! we'll be knowed as B to the 2nd Power LOL or B squared - lol - our running game would be off the chain and there will be " NO " mistakes, there would be no stopping the run away trains..LOL Love, Peace and Chicken Grease

Fin_Frenzy_84
02-01-2008, 07:43 PM
Can u tell Marion Welcome To The Fins...