PDA

View Full Version : Glenn Dorsey video clip- unbelieveable

jim1
01-31-2008, 10:49 PM
This first play by Dorsey is just incredible- strength, leverage, speed, everything.

http://qisports.com/nfldraft.html

lbmclean_sj
01-31-2008, 11:59 PM
that looked like Reggie White

JT#1
02-01-2008, 12:19 AM
i kinda feel sorry for the guard, he didn't even get a chance to get his hands on dorsey.

SEC.142
02-01-2008, 12:25 AM
i kinda feel sorry for the guard, he didn't even get a chance to get his hands on dorsey.

Don't feel too bad for him, he got even in his own pathetic way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqiLlOybz9s

JT#1
02-01-2008, 12:30 AM
true

Majpain
02-01-2008, 12:39 AM
It is impressive the way he man handled the freshman.

But in all honesty he won't be doing that to anyone in the NFL.

Silverphin
02-01-2008, 12:54 AM

What makes you think so?

JT#1
02-01-2008, 01:00 AM

i don;t care who it is, its still impressive whenever anyone just launches someone else in the air.

Majpain
02-01-2008, 01:24 AM
What makes you think so?

Well for starters the Guard wasn't even set to block him. He was running and when he saw Dorsey he tried to push him. That was a no-no because Dorsey had everything going his way on that play. He had the explosion, the Strength , and leverage.

You wont see a guard doing that. A guard will slide and stay in position so stuff like that won't happen.

lbmclean_sj
02-01-2008, 03:10 AM
it looked better than it was and yet it showed exceptional strength

he threw a 290-300 pound man like a rag doll, the rag doll was off-balance and vulnerable but kit was a big rag doll

Two Tacos
02-01-2008, 04:21 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BSBMJsY2pM

Majpain
02-01-2008, 04:43 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BSBMJsY2pM

More so of LSU defensive line highlights.

If anyone has dorsey taking all the credit in that video their sadly mistaken.

The Confessor
02-01-2008, 07:54 AM
Glenn Dorsey was dominating College lineman his entire stay at LSU. Usually two at a time.

He will, without a doubt continue to do the same thing at the Pro level

The Confessor
02-01-2008, 08:00 AM

Of course it is, but that is part of what makes him so great. Because he is constantly garnering double teams, his team instantly gets better...

BTW: That last play is nothing but pure Dorsey the LSU Horsey, and the Guard wasnt pulling or off balance, he just flat out busted right by him....

Boomer
02-01-2008, 09:21 AM

A hater can only hate for so long.

Boomer
02-01-2008, 09:32 AM
Well for starters the Guard wasn't even set to block him. He was running and when he saw Dorsey he tried to push him. That was a no-no because Dorsey had everything going his way on that play. He had the explosion, the Strength , and leverage.

You wont see a guard doing that. A guard will slide and stay in position so stuff like that won't happen.

I'm not sure what play you're watching, but that's Ramsey's responsibility. It's a power run off tackle; Ramsey's responsibility is on back side pressure. He gets good position, he keeps his body in the right sort of shape, although he's a little too square and he gets raped by Dorsey. Dorsey gets tremendous leverage and drive through those legs and puts Ramsey on his keester.

jim1
02-01-2008, 10:09 AM
I'm not sure what play you're watching, but that's Ramsey's responsibility. It's a power run off tackle; Ramsey's responsibility is on back side pressure. He gets good position, he keeps his body in the right sort of shape, although he's a little too square and he gets raped by Dorsey. Dorsey gets tremendous leverage and drive through those legs and puts Ramsey on his keester.

I didn't realize just how good Dorsey is, but that's typical for me. In those game highlights he was always active, contributing, always aggressive and pressuring. So many times close to making the play if he didn't make it. He turned the corner after an inside stunt move and looked like an OLB or Safety bearing down on the QB, then got him for the sack. Incredible.

I saw the video of TE John Carlson in one of the other threads- he'd look mighty good in a Fins uniform, too. Next up for me to watch- Chris Long, hopefully there will be some game replays on the FL sports station that replays FSU games/highlights.

Boomer
02-01-2008, 11:27 AM
I didn't realize just how good Dorsey is, but that's typical for me. In those game highlights he was always active, contributing, always aggressive and pressuring. So many times close to making the play if he didn't make it. He turned the corner after an inside stunt move and looked like an OLB or Safety bearing down on the QB, then got him for the sack. Incredible.

I saw the video of TE John Carlson in one of the other threads- he'd look mighty good in a Fins uniform, too. Next up for me to watch- Chris Long, hopefully there will be some game replays on the FL sports station that replays FSU games/highlights.

Whilst I'm loathed to point people to You Tube highlights - after all, all you're getting IS the highlights, there is a vid on YT about the LSU defense, which features Dorsey and Jackson and Steltz and Highsmith and Darry Beckwith who should be a high 1 next season, etc. And it has Dorsey against Arizona lining up at right DE in a 3-4 and blowing past the left tackle to get to the QB.

Carlson is a good player who had a bad season. Parcells places great value in special teams and has history with ND tight ends.

Two Tacos
02-01-2008, 12:07 PM

Football is a team sport, there is no one that goes 11 vs 1 and makes an impact. Maybe you don't understand what a DT is supposed to do? I am not trying to be an ***, but I don't see how one could look at those highlights and not be impressed. All of the clips in that video show Dorsey dominating, and dominating a pretty good o-line. The thing that stands out the most to me about him is the burst he has once he sheds a block. A man that size should not be able to do that.

Two Tacos
02-01-2008, 12:09 PM
Why is the three letter synonym for donkey a censored word? Have we really come to that?

Spray Mucus
02-01-2008, 01:52 PM
Don't feel too bad for him, he got even in his own pathetic way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqiLlOybz9s

what a coward.

dude got PWNED and he goes and does something like that?

Glenn Dorsey is a farking Stud

Dorsey>>>>>>>>>>>>Ellis

jason8er
02-01-2008, 02:28 PM
Here are a couple more. The first one is my favorite. But in the second one, at the 21 second mark, watch what he does to Virginia Tech RB Branden Ore. Wow!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EWHdz2nygU

Here's the second one from Rivals.com

http://www.rivals.com/video.asp?section=football&pkey=37962&vidtype=highlight&vidid=840

cnc66
02-01-2008, 02:33 PM

hahahaha oh and eight.. no sour grapes here eh Majah :wink:

The Aqua Crush
02-01-2008, 03:06 PM
Dorsey is a beast, plain and simple, if we stay at the number 1 we have to take him.

His enthusiasm and drive to be the best is the reason he should be taken ahead of Long. His passion on the field reminds me of the contagious leaders you see in teh nfl today. He would not only play well on our d for many years, he would be the ideal canditate to mould a defense around , he would pump everyone else up around him.

SEC.142
02-01-2008, 05:16 PM
Dorsey is a beast, plain and simple, if we stay at the number 1 we have to take him.

His enthusiasm and drive to be the best is the reason he should be taken ahead of Long. His passion on the field reminds me of the contagious leaders you see in teh nfl today. He would not only play well on our d for many years, he would be the ideal canditate to mould a defense around , he would pump everyone else up around him.

I agree that Dorsey is a beast, but the intangibles you've listed are also present in Chris Long.

Silverphin
02-02-2008, 01:34 AM
I agree that Dorsey is a beast, but the intangibles you've listed are also present in Chris Long.

It's like choosing between going out with either Eva Mendes or Halle Berry.

Majpain
02-02-2008, 02:29 AM
A hater can only hate for so long.

I'm not a hater. I wanted Dorsey at Number 1 two months ago. After weighing out our options I switched to Chris Long.

Majpain
02-02-2008, 02:34 AM

What I saw was a freshman mistake. The guy wasn't even into position he was standing up didn't get any bend in those legs. Dorsey exploded off the line. There was no way Ramsey was going to win that battle.

Boomer
02-02-2008, 09:54 AM
What I saw was a freshman mistake. The guy wasn't even into position he was standing up didn't get any bend in those legs. Dorsey exploded off the line. There was no way Ramsey was going to win that battle.

What I saw was a guy just flat out quicker and better.

It is what it is.

Zanno
02-02-2008, 10:16 AM
quicker stonger faster than your average bear that is for sure

I am Bane
02-03-2008, 01:31 PM
Dorsey needs to use his hands more, he relies too much on his speed. he doesnt cause serperation with his hands... NFL lineman will eat up on that at the line.

the clips on Ellis... watch him use his hands and split that double team for a sack... the very first clip. the rest of the video doesnt show much but him tackling though, which stinks... i like to watch the whole play to really see what someone has.

Boomer
02-03-2008, 05:22 PM
Dorsey needs to use his hands more, he relies too much on his speed. he doesnt cause serperation with his hands... NFL lineman will eat up on that at the line.

You clearly haven't seen Glenn Dorsey play.

Majpain
02-03-2008, 05:56 PM
What I saw was a guy just flat out quicker and better.

It is what it is.

I'm not taking away what Dorsey did. He just caught the Guard off-stance.

Dorsey is flat out the best DT in this draft.

I don't see where everyone thinks I hate Dorsey. If Dorsey came to Miami id be thrilled.

Ozfin77
02-03-2008, 09:16 PM
I'd still rather trade down....