PDA

View Full Version : Fullerboy first ever three round Dolphin mock draft!!!

Fullerboy
02-01-2008, 02:06 PM
HI guys and girls,

Just want to send a shot out to my fellow dolfins family first.
Lets me start off saying thank you CK and Boomer for your wisdom in a sea full of confusion, and thank you Kdawg and CnC66 for being such good posters!

My wish list for the first three rounds of this years NFL Draft looks like this,

1.1 Glen Dorsey Dt. LSU : Speculate if you want but you cant take anything away from Dorsey, he can do everything he wants to, and anybody that will over look his production on the field will have to swallow their words when he is a dominate force in the league for years to come barring injury. You dont pass over a player of his calibre because of amature speculation. He is the best player for our greatest weakness.

2.32 Leodis McKelvin Cb. Troy : If he is there then it should be a no brainer, given his upside and natural abilities he can be a very good player. Looking at his play during the Senior Bowl week, he proved that he can play with major university talent and that was his biggest question mark coming in last weeks game and should I say he plays in a position of need for us.

2.59 Fred Davis Te. USC : The play of our Tide ends was depressing this year. If we can create a threat with our te it can make our wr and running game more effective, I am not sure if there is game changing te in this draft but as far as receiving is concerned Fred Davis maybe the best of this years crop and it would be great to get a te of his talents so late in the second round.

3.64 Philip Merling De. Clemson : If we can get Merling at the beginning of the third it would be a dream draft, he could be groomed to play in the 3-4
defense and he would have two of the best teachers in JT and Holiday.

Hey I would like to hear what you all think but remember its just wishfull thinking and I am not the President of Football Operations so nothing I say counts ok, be nice people and please try to show some class.

MrTree
02-01-2008, 02:09 PM
HI guys and girls,

Just want to send a shot out to my fellow dolfins family first.
Lets me start off saying thank you CK and Boomer for your wisdom in a sea full of confusion, and thank you Kdawg and CnC66 for being such good posters!

My wish list for the first three rounds of this years NFL Draft looks like this,

1.1 Glen Dorsey Dt. LSU : Speculate if you want but you cant take anything away from Dorsey, he can do everything he wants to, and anybody that will over look his production on the field will have to swallow their words when he is a dominate force in the league for years to come barring injury. You dont pass over a player of his calibre because of amature speculation. He is the best player for our greatest weakness.

2.32 Leodis McKelvin Cb. Troy : If he is there then it should be a no brainer, given his upside and natural abilities he can be a very good player. Looking at his play during the Senior Bowl week, he proved that he can play with major university talent and that was his biggest question mark coming in last weeks game and should I say he plays in a position of need for us.

2.59 Fred Davis Te. USC : The play of our Tide ends was depressing this year. If we can create a threat with our te it can make our wr and running game more effective, I am not sure if there is game changing te in this draft but as far as receiving is concerned Fred Davis maybe the best of this years crop and it would be great to get a te of his talents so late in the second round.

3.64 Philip Merling De. Clemson : If we can get Merling at the beginning of the third it would be a dream draft, he could be groomed to play in the 3-4
defense and he would have two of the best teachers in JT and Holiday.

Hey I would like to hear what you all think but remember its just wishfull thinking and I am not the President of Football Operations so nothing I say counts ok, be nice people and please try to show some class.

Mckelvin actually lost some ground in the senior bowl. I still like him myself but his stock took a hit. I would rather have Rogers-Cromartie though. Fred Davis will not be available at 59 and Phillip Merling will be LONG gone by 64. He will probably go before 32.

zach8111
02-01-2008, 02:24 PM
Mckelvin actually lost some ground in the senior bowl. I still like him myself but his stock took a hit. I would rather have Rogers-Cromartie though. Fred Davis will not be available at 59 and Phillip Merling will be LONG gone by 64. He will probably go before 32.
i agree with you. most of these guys will be gone

MrTree
02-01-2008, 02:26 PM
i agree with you. most of these guys will be gone

Don't get me wrong I love the Phillip Merling pick but we'd have to HOPE to get him at 32!

zach8111
02-01-2008, 02:33 PM
Don't get me wrong I love the Phillip Merling pick but we'd have to HOPE to get him at 32!
oh ya i know.
but with your signature i dont hink its true. i think they are killed only when someone talks about miami taking him #1. i think we should incourage dalas to take him #1. lol

MrTree
02-01-2008, 02:41 PM
oh ya i know.
but with your signature i dont hink its true. i think they are killed only when someone talks about miami taking him #1. i think we should incourage dalas to take him #1. lol

LOL I was speaking as pertains to the Dolphins! If someone else wants to take him at #1 feel free!

Roman529
02-01-2008, 02:56 PM
McKelvin and Davis will be long gone by the time your picks come up.

zach8111
02-01-2008, 02:59 PM
LOL I was speaking as pertains to the Dolphins! If someone else wants to take him at #1 feel free!
ya i knew you we talking about d-fins

MrTree
02-01-2008, 02:59 PM
McKelvin and Davis will be long gone by the time your picks come up.

Not sure about Mckelvin atm. His stock took a hit at the senior bowl. His combine will have to elevate him back up. He may or may not be available at 32. There is NO way the other players listed will be available when he has them going.

Stitches
02-01-2008, 05:03 PM
Keep dreaming dude.

sceeto
02-01-2008, 05:08 PM

AGREE!!!!!

PerfectTeam
02-01-2008, 05:17 PM
after dorsey there is very little chance this happens.

flappy1
02-01-2008, 07:18 PM
Where is Silva--s from B.C. going to be drafted?...I saw his play in the bowl game against Michigan St. and he looked impressive..

PerfectTeam
02-01-2008, 08:09 PM
Where is Silva--s from B.C. going to be drafted?...I saw his play in the bowl game against Michigan St. and he looked impressive..

if he can have some decent workout numbers maybe the 4th but right now i think 5-6 is probably where he will end up.

ChambersWI
02-02-2008, 12:21 AM
McKelvin and Merling are probably top 15 picks right now.

Fullerboy
02-02-2008, 04:40 AM
Hey guys lets not take this too far, a lot can happen from now and April so lets just have some fun ok.
Thats just the way I hope it will happen as of now but we will all see!

Fullerboy
02-02-2008, 04:59 AM
Do any of you think Mckelvin could slip to the second round, I mean he didnt have such a productive season and most people who are jumping on his bandwagon are doing so because of what they are reading just like every offseason.
Fred Davis is a player who can go anywhere from mid first round to end of the second, and the same could be said about Merling. It depends on what the other teams are looking for, you cant draft 50 prospects within the the first round some one has to fall through.

JCowScot
02-02-2008, 05:24 AM

Unless he has a monster combine, I really don't see Merling going that high. Maybe late 1st-early 2nd; what will hurt him is his lack of consistency against the run. Also, he doesn't seem to have great top-end speed; a good run at combine or pro day could negate this, however. McKelvin dropped after his week at the SB. He too will need a good combine/pro day to jump back into T15. The corner class is just too strong this year.

Aqua4Ever04
02-02-2008, 06:22 AM
Nice! I'd love to get four 1st round prospects with our first four picks!

ChambersWI
02-02-2008, 12:43 PM
Unless he has a monster combine, I really don't see Merling going that high. Maybe late 1st-early 2nd; what will hurt him is his lack of consistency against the run. Also, he doesn't seem to have great top-end speed; a good run at combine or pro day could negate this, however. McKelvin dropped after his week at the SB. He too will need a good combine/pro day to jump back into T15. The corner class is just too strong this year.

the hell he dropped. He's moved to the number 1 CB on several boards

mort5506
02-02-2008, 12:51 PM
Phillip Merling is now projected to go 12th to the broncos on nfldraftcountdown.com sp no chance on picking him up in th late third round

mort5506
02-02-2008, 12:54 PM
I guess you didn't watch every clemson game the way I did.... Merling is lights out against the run and has good speed for 280. That is way Kiper is saying that he is a better prospect than Gaines Adams was coming out.

ticophin
02-02-2008, 01:50 PM
The thing that excites me is that 3rd pick, first overall of the second day, someone will have fallen out of the 2nd, and <ireland and <parcells will be getting phone calls, for sure...Extra 4th or 5th? Maybe, or something next year

Fullerboy
02-02-2008, 03:09 PM
the hell he dropped. He's moved to the number 1 CB on several boards

But where is the steady play through his career. I dont see this one Senior Bowl Raising his stock that much!

RickytheBeast34
02-02-2008, 03:59 PM
Probably not realistic,but how about this scenario:trade#1 to dallas for #22,#28,#62,#158(rd.5 don't have one)&chris canty.trade jt to N.O. for#41.trade zach to cincy for #140(rd.5).plus our own picks that would give us 7 picks in the top 65.would give us 12 picks altogether.we could get pat sims(dt),sam baker(ot),tracy porter(cb),xavier adibi(olb),martellus bennett(te),gosder cherilus(ot),phillip wheeler(ilb),adarius bowman(wr),kendall langford(de),erik ainge(qb),jordy nelson(wr),and ben moffitt(ilb).sound too crazy?

ChambersWI
02-02-2008, 11:13 PM
But where is the steady play through his career. I dont see this one Senior Bowl Raising his stock that much!

he entered the year as an early 2nd rounder, by midseason many had him as a late first. Now when all is said and done he'll be a top notch player. Just cause he doesn't get ints, it doesn't make him a bad player.

Fullerboy
02-02-2008, 11:49 PM
he entered the year as an early 2nd rounder, by midseason many had him as a late first. Now when all is said and done he'll be a top notch player. Just cause he doesn't get ints, it doesn't make him a bad player.

Dont get me wrong that can happen but like I said alot can still happen from now untill the draft. Remember last year Alan Branch and Brady Quinn they also had high draft grades but because of team needs they fell further than expected.

Aqua4Ever04
02-03-2008, 12:09 AM
Hey guys lets not take this too far, a lot can happen from now and April so lets just have some fun ok.
Thats just the way I hope it will happen as of now but we will all see!

Yeah, but come on, man. You have to be somewhat realistic. There is absolutely a 0% chance this happens.

Fullerboy
02-03-2008, 03:40 AM
Yeah, but come on, man. You have to be somewhat realistic. There is absolutely a 0% chance this happens.

You may be right Aqua but its the off season. The draft is for me like Christmas Eve for a little kid, sometimes you get what you want, sometimes you dont.
I think its a very good possibility that at least three of those guys can drafted by us, it depends on Mr. Parcells and Mr. Ireland.

Ps and a little luck also.

Fullerboy
02-07-2008, 12:24 AM

There is a lot of time between right now and the draft.