PDA

View Full Version : who would you take between these 3 CB's and why?

2413fanphins
02-01-2008, 03:13 PM
If the draft worked out where all three of these DB's were available for our choosing, and you were GM, who would you select and why.

edit... I have no idea why it says I voted for cason. talib is my guy.
hopefully it was just an error.

Regan21286
02-01-2008, 03:18 PM
DRC's potential is sky high. If he could produce half as much as his cousin, he'd be good enough for us. Great height, good speed, and good pedigree. Cason is a close second in my book as he's got the good resume.

2413fanphins
02-01-2008, 03:20 PM
I would take aqib talib... I know I missed the spelling in the poll, but it's the same guy!!

I like his size, love his coverage. If he can't pick it, he swats it. We need a guy who can break up pass plays. I think this it that guy.

I like his speed, I think he's another one of those guys that plays faster than his time, although I think he will run in the high 4.40's or so. He can makeup ground in a hurry, another tool a CB definately must possess.

He has the ability to take a int to the house if he has ANY space at all.

He's also a good tackler, I think he could come off the corner on blitzes and he isn't afraid of contact.

He's my guy as of today, and probably for the duration.

SgtPhin
02-01-2008, 03:33 PM
I prefer DRC because he's taller and possibly the fastest of the three. I also feel he is better suited as a press/ man coverage CB. He is also a ballhawk and will greatly add to our int. totals. Cason would be my second choice, but only by a little less than DRC. I really don't think Talib is suited for our style of D. I believe he is more of a Zone/ Cover-2 type CB because of his speed (reportedly 4.5-4.55/40).

2413fanphins
02-01-2008, 03:40 PM
with his size (talib), I don't think it's out of the question that he could develope into a shutdown corner. good coaching would go a long way to helping him get over the hump.

205 and 6'2" is exactly what I want. I don't want my cb's short, the more height you have, the less impressive your vertical has to be... know what I mean.

He's gonna get beat once in awhile, everyone does, but I don't see why his potential is limited to a Cover 2 only guy by some.

PhinsPhan122
02-01-2008, 04:14 PM
I chose Aqib Talib. I wouldn't mind any of the three. I chose Talib because he comes from the best college team with Kansas being a BCS conference team and having played in a BCS bowl.

SgtPhin
02-01-2008, 04:22 PM
with his size (talib), I don't think it's out of the question that he could develope into a shutdown corner. good coaching would go a long way to helping him get over the hump.

205 and 6'2" is exactly what I want. I don't want my cb's short, the more height you have, the less impressive your vertical has to be... know what I mean.

He's gonna get beat once in awhile, everyone does, but I don't see why his potential is limited to a Cover 2 only guy by some.

I like Talib's size and his close coverage ability, it's his speed that concerns me. How is he going to cover a WR that he can't keep pace with on a deep pass? He would need help over the top on any long pass play, whereas DRC can turn and run with just about all of the WR's he would be covering. That's where I get the Zone/ Cover 2 statement. If we change to a Zone or Cover 2 D, then I'll be right there with you on selecting Talib.

2413fanphins
02-01-2008, 04:55 PM
I like Talib's size and his close coverage ability, it's his speed that concerns me. How is he going to cover a WR that he can't keep pace with on a deep pass? He would need help over the top on any long pass play, whereas DRC can turn and run with just about all of the WR's he would be covering. That's where I get the Zone/ Cover 2 statement. If we change to a Zone or Cover 2 D, then I'll be right there with you on selecting Talib.

I think talib runs in the 4.5 range, a WR would have to have superhuman speed to blow by him to the point he couldn't recover IMO>...with some finetuning of his technique, and some coaching on some hip movements, he wouldn't have a problem, may not have a problem as is.

I agree DRC is a talent though, he def has the speed to keep up/recover.
I just think across the board talib is my guy right now.
I may be inclined to change my position after the combine though!!:wink:

Breed
02-01-2008, 05:03 PM

It also helps if you can tackle consistently, something Talib hasn't shown he can do. DRC is a much better prospect.

CJGoCanes
02-01-2008, 05:03 PM
Cason has balled for 4 years, and he will continue to in the NFL

PerfectTeam
02-01-2008, 05:19 PM
DRC then Cason and then i guess talib. Talib doesnt fit our system since he doesnt have the turn and run ability. If Cason can run in the 4.4's, Id love him at 32. DRC though i see going in the top 20.

Breed
02-01-2008, 05:50 PM
DRC then Cason and then i guess talib. Talib doesnt fit our system since he doesnt have the turn and run ability. If Cason can run in the 4.4's, Id love him at 32. DRC though i see going in the top 20.

Hell, he may even end up in New England at #7.

#1dolphinsfan
02-01-2008, 06:11 PM
I wouldnt Mind having any of them they are all good IMO but i would have to go with Rogers Cromartie He just looks like he is going to be Really good but i would much rather have Ledious McKelvin over All three of them

Majpain
02-01-2008, 06:20 PM
DRC has playmaker written all over him.

TotoreMexico
02-01-2008, 06:22 PM
DRC because he's tall, has great speed, also is very instinctive. Simply a playmaker we desperately need in our secondary

PerfectTeam
02-01-2008, 06:39 PM

very possible. but who knows with NE though.

Majpain
02-01-2008, 07:26 PM

I have New England taking him in my Mock.

uga3406
02-01-2008, 07:48 PM
talib is a physical presense..he is going to be the next great db in the nfl..he has all the skills...at 6'2 with his strength he can jam a lot of the wr's at the line..plays great coverage and has good speed...

2413fanphins
02-01-2008, 09:55 PM
talib is a physical presense..he is going to be the next great db in the nfl..he has all the skills...at 6'2 with his strength he can jam a lot of the wr's at the line..plays great coverage and has good speed...

finally someone who has been seeing the same talib that I have been seeing.

I really think he is going to be the best CB out of this years draft.

DRC might be top dawg too though, he's got a head of steam heading into the combine thats for sure.

If we can't land one of the two in the first round, we could always target malcolm jenkins somewhere in the second. If he's around, he's pretty damn good too come to think of it. I had almost forgot about him.

edit... I have no idea why I forgot jenkins is staying at school. gonna hate watching him tear the hawkeyes a new one next year.

alen1
02-01-2008, 09:56 PM
DRC cause i said so