PDA

View Full Version : VERY interesting UPDATED mock draft...

DesertEagle1088
02-02-2008, 08:12 AM
on www.nfldraftcountdown.com they recently updated the mock draft with 2 rounds. they have us taking chris long 1st overall. Then with the 32nd overall pick they have us taking a WR for depth purposes. But the receiver we take is a very interesting prospect that is 6 foot 7 inches, I think i fell in love with when i looked him up youtube. It is James Hardy from Indiana. Then with the other 2nd round pick we take Anthony Collins a LT from Kansas. I think I would be very happy with that draft... A very tall receiver on the other side of Ted ginn would be dangerous. The only other scenario i would really like would be if Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie dropped that far. He is Antonio Cromartie's cousin... Thoughts?

dolpns13
02-02-2008, 08:16 AM
on www.nfldraftcountdown.com (http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com) they recently updated the mock draft with 2 rounds. they have us taking chris long 1st overall. Then with the 32nd overall pick they have us taking a WR for depth purposes. But the receiver we take is a very interesting prospect that is 6 foot 7 inches, I think i fell in love with when i looked him up youtube. It is James Hardy from Indiana. Then with the other 2nd round pick we take Anthony Collins a LT from Kansas. I think I would be very happy with that draft... A very tall receiver on the other side of Ted ginn would be dangerous. The only other scenario i would really like would be if Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie dropped that far. He is Antonio Cromartie's cousin... Thoughts?

Although it is interesting, you dont take players that high a pick for depth purposes only, picks that high are spent on players who will be able to contribute immediately, not for just depth...

Gofish1331
02-02-2008, 08:54 AM
[quote=DesertEagle1088;1062284684]on www.nfldraftcountdown.com (http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com) they recently updated the mock draft with 2 rounds. they have us taking chris long 1st overall. Then with the 32nd overall pick they have us taking a WR for depth purposes. But the receiver we take is a very interesting prospect that is 6 foot 7 inches, I think i fell in love with when i looked him up youtube. It is James Hardy from Indiana. Then with the other 2nd round pick we take Anthony Collins a LT from Kansas. I think I would be very happy with that draft... A very tall receiver on the other side of Ted ginn would be dangerous. The only other scenario i would really like would be if Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie dropped that far. He is Antonio Cromartie's cousin... Tho

Hardy had 36 td's in 33 games....but a 4.60 40? Not sure he's fast enough to outrun the db's. Guess he could always just out reach them!

Mr.Papercut
02-02-2008, 09:05 AM
I really don't like this mockdraft. I would definitly take Chris long at the 1 spot,but the rest of the draft is terrible. Here is how I would hope it goes, if we don't trade out of first.

1-Chris Long DE
2a-Dominique Cromartie CB
2b-Martellus Bennett TE
3-Red Bryant DT

This way we get out Best player in Draft, a very skilled CB with high upside for our weak secondary, a big target at TE with great hands, but can also block unlike the other candidates, and NT with a lot of power without spending a lot of money on it.

Gofish1331
02-02-2008, 09:08 AM
I really don't like this mockdraft. I would definitly take Chris long at the 1 spot,but the rest of the draft is terrible. Here is how I would hope it goes, if we don't trade out of first.

1-Chris Long DE
2b-Martellus Bennett TE
3-Red Bryant DT

This way we get out Best player in Draft, a very skilled CB with high upside for our weak secondary, a big target at TE with great hands, but can also block unlike the other candidates, and NT with a lot of power without spending a lot of money on it.
Definatly better:)

houtz
02-02-2008, 09:42 AM
Much, much better!

IAFINFAN
02-02-2008, 09:56 AM
I have seen some mock drafts with Dominique Cromartie going within the top 15 of teh 1st round. I don't he's there in the 2nd.

Gamble
02-02-2008, 10:02 AM
I don't see us taking Hardy, he's got character issues.

SuperMarksBros.
02-02-2008, 10:04 AM
all these mocks, and nobody addressing the offensive line.

Boomer
02-02-2008, 10:12 AM

1-Chris Long DE
2b-Martellus Bennett TE
3-Red Bryant DT

There's more chance of YOU being drafted at 32 as there is Cromartie being there.

houtz
02-02-2008, 10:18 AM
I have seen some mock drafts with Dominique Cromartie going within the top 15 of teh 1st round. I don't he's there in the 2nd.

Mock Drafts mean nothing. They really don't. They get us hyped up until draft day and then completely get thrown out the window. If he's there we take him. If we trade down with Dallas, we take him.

rev kev
02-02-2008, 11:43 AM
all these mocks, and nobody addressing the offensive line.

SAD Isn't it

late again
02-02-2008, 12:12 PM
First of all that mock draft did address the O-Line. With our 2nd pick in rd 2 it had us picking Anthony Collins OT.
I can't imagine Cromartie still being on the board at pick 32. What? Nobody needs a 6'2 CB that runs a 4.45 40?????? Please!
As for that mock draft's round 2....I think the comments regarding selection of Hardy might have confused some. I don't think he meant we would draft Hardy for depth only. I think he was trying to say since Welker and Chambers are both gone we really need a WR. Hardy may very well be a good pick. A 6'7 220# WR might just be a good compliment to Ginn's size and speed.

2413fanphins
02-02-2008, 12:12 PM
parcells will stay as far away from james hardy as humanly possible.

the dude has serious character issues... I believe either from beating women, or children, or perhaps both. can't to seem to remember which right now.

late again
02-02-2008, 12:20 PM

the dude has serious character issues... I believe either from beating women, or children, or perhaps both. can't to seem to remember which right now.

Yeah, it was a domestic thing with his girlfriend. But it was 2 years ago. So maybe he's cleaned up his act or maybe not.

cheyannefan
02-02-2008, 01:10 PM
Based on their draft, I would like the following:
The LT from Vanderbuilt with 2a and
Antoine Cason,CB Arizona with 2b.

jwong
02-02-2008, 01:31 PM
There's more chance of YOU being drafted at 32 as there is Cromartie being there.

Hey Boom with McKelvin and Cromartie rising and also maybe Talib(Kiper has him as the #1 cb now on his big board) where do u see Mike Jenkins going?....any chance of him falling to 32?

adamprez2003
02-02-2008, 01:49 PM
I like Scott Wright alot but I think he really doesnt understand Parcells if he thinks we're drafting a WR with our 1st 2nd rounder when all the other defensive players ond offensive linemen are available

Oraclepz
02-02-2008, 02:09 PM

i dont know about that.. i mean one incident doesnt spell character issues... im sure youve had problems b4 doesnt make you a person with character issues. now im not saying i like him or not. but every one makes mistakes... thats being said i will not draft him with the 32nd overall pick maybe late 2nd or 3rd round...

3rdandinches
02-02-2008, 02:31 PM
1st - C.Long DE
2nd - D.Conner(I can dream)/C.Loften ILB
Late 2nd - J.King CB
3rd - S.Crable / E.Butler OLB
4th - J.Nelson WR
6th - C.Campbell SS
7th - Flip a coin

Boomer
02-02-2008, 04:58 PM
Hey Boom with McKelvin and Cromartie rising and also maybe Talib(Kiper has him as the #1 cb now on his big board) where do u see Mike Jenkins going?....any chance of him falling to 32?

Jenkins pulling out of the Senior Bowl has knocked his momentum some. A good showing in Indianapolis should put him right in that mix, although the athletic ability of DRC and McKelvin is hard to match.

General Tso
02-02-2008, 05:12 PM
on www.nfldraftcountdown.com (http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com) they recently updated the mock draft with 2 rounds. they have us taking chris long 1st overall. Then with the 32nd overall pick they have us taking a WR for depth purposes. But the receiver we take is a very interesting prospect that is 6 foot 7 inches, I think i fell in love with when i looked him up youtube. It is James Hardy from Indiana. Then with the other 2nd round pick we take Anthony Collins a LT from Kansas. I think I would be very happy with that draft... A very tall receiver on the other side of Ted ginn would be dangerous. The only other scenario i would really like would be if Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie dropped that far. He is Antonio Cromartie's cousin... Thoughts?

The way Scott's got his mock going right now, I'd have went this way instead:

1. C. Long
2a. G. Cherilus
2b. A. Cason

sceeto
02-02-2008, 05:14 PM
Picking a DT like Dorsey might be the smart pick but I'm starting to think Parcells & co. might just take C. Long with the 1st. pick if they can't trade out. It would be similar to what he did in Dallas with Demarcus Ware. Somewhat similar type of player.

2413fanphins
02-02-2008, 06:55 PM
I find it hard to believe we wouldn't be able to find even one team to trade the first pick away... but I am starting to lean towards chris long as well.

I didn't know much about him a week ago, but have been doing some research, and I think he would make a great DE. I have to look more into the 3-4 D. I would question whether or not he was big enough to play in the 3-4, I don't think he quite has the mass right now. speed no question, but I think he may have to bulk up a bit.

Dolfan_Noles
02-03-2008, 02:25 AM
There is going to be a stud corner at 32 no matter what. There are 4-5 first round talent guys at CB this year that are absolute studs. If DRC is gone, as well as McKelvin, Talib, and Jenkins I'd be really surprised. There's too much talent all over the place from mid-late 1st round for everyone to go corner.

finfan54
02-03-2008, 11:32 AM
on www.nfldraftcountdown.com they recently updated the mock draft with 2 rounds. they have us taking chris long 1st overall. Then with the 32nd overall pick they have us taking a WR for depth purposes. But the receiver we take is a very interesting prospect that is 6 foot 7 inches, I think i fell in love with when i looked him up youtube. It is James Hardy from Indiana. Then with the other 2nd round pick we take Anthony Collins a LT from Kansas. I think I would be very happy with that draft... A very tall receiver on the other side of Ted ginn would be dangerous. The only other scenario i would really like would be if Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie dropped that far. He is Antonio Cromartie's cousin... Thoughts?

#32 pick may very well be Joe Flacco. Not a WR. We could get a WR in free agency if we needed one.

finfan54
02-03-2008, 11:36 AM
I find it hard to believe we wouldn't be able to find even one team to trade the first pick away... but I am starting to lean towards chris long as well.

I didn't know much about him a week ago, but have been doing some research, and I think he would make a great DE. I have to look more into the 3-4 D. I would question whether or not he was big enough to play in the 3-4, I don't think he quite has the mass right now. speed no question, but I think he may have to bulk up a bit.

The first thing that strikes me is he is the son of Howie Schlong....i mean Long. That means the DNA could spell Pro Bowl right off the bat. He is versatile and even plays a little LB when asked to. Kind of sounds like JT doesnt it? You could mish mash with those two screwing with offenses showing pass rush but then dropping back into coverage. Not to mention all the basic skill sets he has as an overall tackler, pass rusher, and just good ol'football player with the mentality. Football is a mental game. Long will certainly not be overcome with all the money and then not produce. Because he is Howie Schlong's son. He is my first pick! Only if Ryan doesnt change our minds for us.

1. C long
2. Matt Ryan
3. Jake Long/Vernon Gholsten (if we were to trade down)

Dors156
02-03-2008, 12:54 PM
This would be great if this were our first day of the draft. But I would almost prefer the trade with dallas. Chris Long is great, but the way the Mock goes with NFLDC, we could get a guy like Talib at 22, and Dan Connor or somebody else at 28. James Hardy in the second would be the biggest steal of the whole draft.

I am Bane
02-03-2008, 01:06 PM
one issue doesnt mean character issues??? really???

if someone does something huge like that... it shows me something is there that i dont trust. Hitting your girlfriend of seven years and infint son, while screaming profanaties..... thats not a big thing? i dont see that as self control or great character. Then draft James Hardy if you dont mind that stuff, otherwise there are other WR's out there, even in FA.