PDA

View Full Version : Who do I start in Madden???

Prime Time
08-12-2003, 07:38 PM
Morlon Greenwood 72 Ovr
Eddie Moore 71 Ovr (Moved up in Training Camp and Preseason)

I was using Eddie Moore (because I like him more) but I played my bro in about 3 exhibitions and Greenwood made some nice tackles and nice stops....maybe I should post some key attributes and have you guys help me decide. Moore has one INT on the year (Vs Jets, Sammy Knight tipped it right into his hands). What do you guys think?

Predaphin
08-12-2003, 07:44 PM
Id keep Greenwood in there as the starter but you can make them share time.

Prime Time
08-12-2003, 07:47 PM
Anyone else care to chip in?

Hurricane495
08-12-2003, 09:07 PM
Put moore in on short yardage situations I personally put him on my return team and punting team

Prime Time
08-12-2003, 09:56 PM
I decided to start Moore...I just do not feel Greenwood's presence when he is out there.

AngryDolphins
08-13-2003, 12:43 AM
Greenwood

minus
08-13-2003, 01:34 AM
Greenwood and his 82 speed.Derius Thompson doesn't drop a pass.

Fresh
08-13-2003, 01:38 AM
I start Greenwood, after camp he is like a 74 with Moore a 71.

Prime Time
08-13-2003, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by minus
Greenwood and his 82 speed.Derius Thompson doesn't drop a pass.
I started Moore for first 6 weeks and he did okay...got a sack and an INT...but I think Greenwood will take his duties from here on out. Love that he has 82 spped as well :D. BTW, Thompson in Training Camp (I used him so he could get better at catching) dropped alot of balls.

XoPhinsoX
08-13-2003, 02:06 AM
I love the DBs in 04 ;).

Also, maybe you guys can help me with someone. Does anyone else find that "playmaker" to make your reciever closest to you break his route off early takes too long for it to react? I don't find myself using this much..

Prime Time
08-13-2003, 02:15 AM
I use on average...3 times a game....you can use it for Defense as well...and for a blocker to get in front of you when you running the ball.

8434alltheway
08-13-2003, 07:56 PM
I started Greenwood. But I wanna get some tackles and sacks with JT. Its like week 9 and he has 1 tackle no sacks.

BruceDickinson
08-13-2003, 08:24 PM
Ok this is what I did.

I started Greenwood over Moore. His speed was too much to ignore lol.

Anyways I am going into my 4th season now and Greenwood is now an 84 and very solid at the OLB, he also is able to make alot of interceptions beacause of his speed.
FYI Moore is a great backup and is a 78 going into my 4th season. Im sure he would have progressed well also had I started him.

Funny thing happened. I put Bowens on the trading block and got a 1st and a 2nd rounder for him from a desperate Redskins team who had no DT over a 72. ( the reason why they gave up two high picks, and because Bowens was 96 overall) Anyways so Chester and Zgonina had to pick up the slack and wouldnt you know it, friggin Zgonina at 36 ends up with 16 sacks and is the DL of the year lol. (kinda like Trace Armstrong except he is a DT and Armstrong was a DE of course)

Ricky also led the NFL in season 3 with 1824 yards. He was injured in year one, but has been steadily coming back to form.

My record so far has been:

Year 1: 11-5 lost in conference championship
Year 2: 10-6 lost to Bucs in superbowl
Year 3: 10-6 lost in conference championship to Steelers

Jim Bates is now my Head coach and Dick Lebeau is my D coordinator.

Sorry for the long post I just got carried away. great game.

BTW I dont play the games, I just sim them. I would go undefeated if I played them all and that isnt any fun.

XoPhinsoX
08-13-2003, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by Prime Time
I use on average...3 times a game....you can use it for Defense as well...and for a blocker to get in front of you when you running the ball.

I know, but by the time it actually reacts it's too late usually. It just doesn't seem to work like it should, heh. I just don't see the big deal with it ;\.

Only things I find useful is the commit to run and how you can shift your safeties before the play.

Prime Time
08-13-2003, 08:47 PM
I decided to start Greenwood. His speed is a big plus.