PDA

View Full Version : Madden 2004 confirms my fears

KidAmnesiac
08-12-2003, 11:17 PM
Well I picked up Madden 2004 today and I think my biggest fear about this season was confirmed: Ricky is a phenomenal RB, even better than last year, but the OL just can't get it done. You have to rely on crazy end around plays to get RW into the open field where the OL is no longer an issue. Also on passing plays the weakness up front is evident.

Preseason injuries and stuff aside, this was what I was most worried about going into this regular season, and it looks like the folks at EA felt the same way.

Incidentally, once you get Ricky into the open field he is flat out unstoppable. And the game overall is friggin mindblowing. Best video game ever. In franchise mode you can even set the ticket prices for god's sake, and pick how many luxury boxes to put in the stadium you're building...the attention to detail is staggering, on or off the field.

No I dont work for EA.

Emskirch
08-12-2003, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by KidAmnesiac
Well I picked up Madden 2004 today and I think my biggest fear about this season was confirmed: Ricky is a phenomenal RB, even better than last year, but the OL just can't get it done. You have to rely on crazy end around plays to get RW into the open field where the OL is no longer an issue. Also on passing plays the weakness up front is evident.

Preseason injuries and stuff aside, this was what I was most worried about going into this regular season, and it looks like the folks at EA felt the same way.

Incidentally, once you get Ricky into the open field he is flat out unstoppable. And the game overall is friggin mindblowing. Best video game ever. In franchise mode you can even set the ticket prices for god's sake, and pick how many luxury boxes to put in the stadium you're building...the attention to detail is staggering, on or off the field.

No I dont work for EA.

Well there goes the season... did EA think Tampa was the best team in the league last year?

Bad Lieutenant
08-12-2003, 11:31 PM
I thought it came out Thursday....what gives???

fairbanksb
08-12-2003, 11:36 PM
Now we go to video games to decide how our team is going to do. Why not ask Kreskin at the beginning of the season and stop all the suspense?

Prime Time
08-12-2003, 11:39 PM
:lol: Man it is a game. You actually think Nails' 74 Overall Rating is the same as how he plays in real life? Man you are kidding right? The game is awesome though.

AngryDolphins
08-13-2003, 12:34 AM
Game is awesome!! Its a must own for hardcore football fans!

Prime Time
08-13-2003, 01:09 AM
And 99% of use here are hardcore football fans.

Fresh
08-13-2003, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by Prime Time
:lol: Man it is a game. You actually think Nails' 74 Overall Rating is the same as how he plays in real life? Man you are kidding right? The game is awesome though.

Hell yeah it is. Nice example with Nails, i bumped his *** up to a 81. I pumped Thompson from a 75 to a 79 too.. :D

Prime Time
08-13-2003, 01:37 AM
Chambers is kicking *** in my Franchise. Burning people left and right.

AngryDolphins
08-13-2003, 01:41 AM
Same here..also McMichael.

XoPhinsoX
08-13-2003, 02:02 AM
RW is productive with counter plays, and the draws don't seem to be to bad either. Seau has been tearing **** up though.

Prime Time
08-13-2003, 02:06 AM
My most un-productive player on Defense is JT. My D-Line blows...I suck at sacking.

XoPhinsoX
08-13-2003, 02:09 AM
I'm decent at sacking, but it's usually with my LB. My strongside is being in the secondary ;). It's a lot easier to sack in NCAA :lol: .

I just wish they had lateral in Madden..

Prime Time
08-13-2003, 02:17 AM
I suck at sacking?! What is the key!

AngryDolphins
08-13-2003, 01:11 PM
:lol:

Prime Time
08-13-2003, 08:40 PM
Help me out!

t2thejz
08-13-2003, 08:46 PM
I just push and push and use the swim with my DE, I can end up with about 13 sacks with JT

XoPhinsoX
08-13-2003, 08:53 PM
Swim sometimes works..it just seems he sits there and wrestles with the guy 9 outta 10 tomes.

Prime Time
08-13-2003, 08:53 PM
How many do you have with him so far??? And what game are you on?

MaxPower
08-18-2003, 12:36 PM

I've been running RW up inside like a sledgehammer - he & Konrad are rolling over guys...

Those counters, draws, & dives kick ***...

and yes yes yes this game kicks so much a$$....

MarinoFan4Life
08-18-2003, 01:18 PM
I run Ricky and Konrad up the middle all the time... it's really opening up the Play Action, which is great, but hard to read on defense... don't know how many times I've driven Seau into a RB that didn't have the ball... LoL. I love the improvements on this game though... All in all, I agree with the consensus... this game KICKS @$$

phins054
08-18-2003, 02:03 PM
Can you still make your own plays?? I LOVE doing that... I was hoping that they would improve that area of the game. I am an OC genious...:lol:

Prime Time
08-18-2003, 06:11 PM
There was a learning curve....I am now a Sack Master.

XoPhinsoX
08-18-2003, 07:04 PM
Explain then Sack Master.

I highly doubt you're doing anything I haven't ;).

!PapaCrunk81!
08-18-2003, 09:02 PM
In regards to the earlier posts, sometimes I think some peeps put way too much stock in football video games. Just because a person can tear into teams 50-0 doesn't mean it will happen in real life. And that works the other way (negative to positive, i.e the o-line.) I know I'm stating the obvious, but real life doesn't have a "rookie" setting.

Prime Time
08-19-2003, 04:57 PM
:lol: That is true...

To xOPHINS

When I rush, I usually do plays where the Ends are rushing to the outside of the Tackles...this way you get around them without having to do too much fighting...this way I can get to the QB untouched. Of course you have to mix it up or the PC will figure you out.

M-REAL
08-20-2003, 01:22 PM
I seem to do better wit Thompson than McMichael, he's always covered like a blanket. Chambers is the man tho! Peanut, in TC I could only boost JT's and RW's attributes by one! I need to get to TC and see if I can get better at it.

Prime Time
08-20-2003, 02:01 PM
McMichael may be covered but he will make the grab...in Year 2 he is already rated a 90!

MarinoFan4Life
08-21-2003, 02:27 AM
Don't shoot me... but on third down, my go to guy has become McKnight(possibly my least favorite Phin)... Thompson is a little less consistent for me, and There's a great PA Pass on I-Form 3 WR where Mcknight just does a little button hook right after the first down line, I don't think he dropped a single one of those all year... Chambers is incredible in this game, he gets over double coverage so much... but I have a lot of trouble incorporating DT into this game.... I think Gadsden caught as many passes as Thompson did, and Oronde is 4th WR... and key plays that get Derrius the ball well??

ohall
08-21-2003, 02:29 AM

No I dont work for EA.

Damn, we better tell the Dolphins about this. Now they can go on vacation early, and maybe get a better golf game and turn pro.

Oliver...

Prime Time
08-21-2003, 02:37 AM
:lol: Oliver....that was too funny.