PDA

View Full Version : Wes Welker the baby?

anson
02-03-2008, 10:30 PM
I have noticed it alot throughout the year but tonight I noticed it twice but Wes is always calling for a penalty if he gets hit. It must be that NE "we are perfect" attitude.

jason8er
02-03-2008, 10:41 PM
I have noticed it alot throughout the year but tonight I noticed it twice but Wes is always calling for a penalty if he gets hit. It must be that NE "we are perfect" attitude.
Either that, or Chris Chambers rubbed off on him.

UGA_DOLPHIN
02-03-2008, 10:43 PM
I dont know why some people are bitter towards welker its not like he left and walked away from the dolphins.

newlife2788
02-03-2008, 10:50 PM
He can take it though he is one tough dude.

cnc66
02-03-2008, 11:26 PM

no.. he is being the "complete" player.. even working the refs.. that kid is always thinking.. remember when he deliberatly put a leg out of bounds and caught the kickoff?

Roman529
02-03-2008, 11:28 PM
I guess Tiki Barber won't be flapping his gums anymore.

The Giants won the SB Tiki because you were no longer there to screw it up. :lol:

PhinsPhan
02-03-2008, 11:45 PM
Wes Welker is far from it. First of all as much as I don't like to admit it, I think he did have a legitimate case for PI on that play. Second, Wes was a great player for us and I think we all miss him. I loathe the Patsies but that doesn't make me hate Wes, he had a point on that play.

brandon27
02-03-2008, 11:50 PM
i wouldnt call him a baby... receivers are practically trained to do that now... ti makes me sick, yes. but.. thats the game now...

what i did notice about welker tonight... is how much i miss him. i would love to have him back on this team, even though i "hate" him now because he's a patriot... thats one tough and talented dude. i know they paid him crazy amounts of cash, and we got a 2nd or whatever out fo the deal..b ut thats a tough player to give up. i think giving him up hurts more than us giving up chambers...

bigtony989
02-03-2008, 11:51 PM
the thing i noticed was how he kept sliding so he wouldnt get hit

SCall13
02-03-2008, 11:52 PM
Wes Welker is a Patriot. I don't care how he got there. So I hate him too.

ffphin
02-03-2008, 11:53 PM
I'm still a fan of Wes Welker & it seems that every WR does that these days!

Jeep
02-03-2008, 11:54 PM
I dont know why some people are bitter towards welker its not like he left and walked away from the dolphins.

I think it was the comments after he was traded to the Pats.. Where he said he stood on our sideline and wondered what it would be like to be playing on the other side of the field.. (or something like that)

pags77
02-03-2008, 11:56 PM

He has done that all year long, any game I caught features Wes diving to the ground, usually forward to his credit and avoiding the hits. I gues when you go 185 pounds soaking wet your survival depends on it.

We had the worst year in team history but you know what, I was freakin ecstatic the Patsies lost. Seeing coach Bill run into the tunnel with 1 second left was priceless.

padre31
02-03-2008, 11:57 PM

The Giants were knocking Patriot's heads off, seriously I saw Aaron Pearce put a helmet directly on Moss's chin, how he wasn't knocked out is beyond me.

Ahh, the offseason officially begins now, and for us FinFans, it starts on a good note.

I am Bane
02-03-2008, 11:59 PM
what player doesnt turn to look for flags??? at least he is making palys and looking for flags.... many WR's dont make plays and look for them....

Welker, i wish we had him still.... cheer for him man. he's a great man, playing a great game as respectable as you can

marinotoclayton
02-04-2008, 12:02 AM

He may slide or dodge or whatever but he is always going forward for the most part. And I still have also seen him take some good hits also. He is a tough guy for his size . And I for one will miss him because he always seems to make good plays. I for one am partially glad that he made a super bowl record for catches.

uga3406
02-04-2008, 01:40 AM
my heart is breaking cause both lost there chance to win a super bowl..maybe seau wont be so cocky jumping around like he was a few weeks ago or maybe wes wont make a idot comment saying the difference between miami and new england is ..weather...woman and winning...well leats u had a good game right...for nothing hahhaa shove it boys !!!!:lol:

phinphever
02-04-2008, 04:36 PM
Please tell me why I should care anything about Wes Welker. He plays for the Pats the hated enemy. He might have played for us, but he plays for them now. So he is the enemy now, case closed. I don't care about him as far as I'm concerned he can go pound sand.

alen1
02-08-2008, 06:27 PM

he got it from moss. moss is such a pansy when it comes to taking hits. dont get me wrong hes a hell of a talent but that man is scared as hell to take a hit.

Jets81
02-08-2008, 06:46 PM
I guess Tiki Barber won't be flapping his gums anymore.

The Giants won the SB Tiki because you were no longer there to screw it up. :lol:

They won because Shockey wasn't there to screw it up.

Boston
02-08-2008, 08:30 PM
So who deleted my comment on this?

Phin-o-rama
02-08-2008, 09:01 PM
no.. he is being the "complete" player.. even working the refs.. that kid is always thinking.. remember when he deliberatly put a leg out of bounds and caught the kickoff?

i do remember that, vividly...i was amazed at how he not only knew that rule but executed it in a split second decision.

he's a fantastic player, and i wish he was still a dolphin...that said i understand why he was traded, and feel pretty good about the compensation.

I am Bane
02-10-2008, 02:38 AM
Please tell me why I should care anything about Wes Welker. He plays for the Pats the hated enemy. He might have played for us, but he plays for them now. So he is the enemy now, case closed. I don't care about him as far as I'm concerned he can go pound sand.

Seau i dont care about, how he left us and treated us ticks me off

Welker though... we gave him the opportunity to develop and play the game of NFL football. the Dolphins got his career kicking, and he did a great job with us. Cam Cameron destroyed that for us with that trade. (did he even look at what Wes did for us the season before, look at game film, analyse or anything before that trade)..... i wish the best for Wes Welker and loved how many receptions he got.... as for the Super Bowl though, i cant look at it as a one person thing so i am LOVING the fact the Patriots lost it all.... :)