PDA

View Full Version : Madden 2004

Biggunndunn
08-13-2003, 01:03 PM
Anyone get it yet? Mine is on order i can't wait

Prime Time
08-13-2003, 01:15 PM
It has been out...alot of people have it. Go to The Lounge then Gaming Forum, that is where you need to be. As does this thread.

Biggunndunn
08-13-2003, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by Prime Time
It has been out...alot of people have it. Go to The Lounge then Gaming Forum, that is where you need to be. As does this thread.

oops...thanks

JPhinfan86
08-16-2003, 02:21 AM
LOL, I have a friend who swore up and down for 3 years that Madden was better then the 2K series. He got Madden 2004 for and hates it for the piece of crap it is. This isn't (and never has been) a strategic football simulation. From the crappy run game and the way every single player from linemen to kickers look EXACTLY alike. Sorry to resond to this Primetime, but this needs to be said. haha.

XoPhinsoX
08-16-2003, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by JPhinfan86
LOL, I have a friend who swore up and down for 3 years that Madden was better then the 2K series. He got Madden 2004 for and hates it for the piece of crap it is. This isn't (and never has been) a strategic football simulation. From the crappy run game and the way every single player from linemen to kickers look EXACTLY alike. Sorry to resond to this Primetime, but this needs to be said. haha.

Sounds like your friend just can't play :D

What's wrong with the running game exactly?

Prime Time
08-16-2003, 10:30 PM
Nothing is wrong with the running game.....some people just suck :D

Barbarian
08-16-2003, 10:41 PM
Considering that this game is ten times the accurate simulation that the arcadish 2K series was it sounds like some folks just don't enjoy a true simulation that tests a persons knowledge as well as their fingerspeed.

TerryTate
08-16-2003, 10:52 PM

Okay, I have owned 01, 03, and 04 (played 02 a little) and I have to say that 03 and 04 are justa bout the same, except with new tackle animations, ownership features, and menu design, if he liked 03 than why does he hate 04, i played NFL 2K3 since my roommate had it, i played it one time and turned off the PS2 in disgust, the gameplay is terrible, especially the menu design, the only thing that the game has going for it is the ESPN theme...

Your friend either A) sucks at the game or B) is on drugs....this game is awesome and NFL2k3 or ESPN football or whatever its called is still scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Biggunndunn
08-18-2003, 04:30 PM
Tampa has a letheal running game with the new package switching...they gave ricky madd props he is hard to stop

XoPhinsoX
08-18-2003, 06:53 PM
I've had a lot of succes with Ricky, Lewis, and Portis.

Never used the Chiefs for Holmes or the Rams with Faulk.

JPhinfan86
08-18-2003, 11:36 PM
Whats wrong with Maddens run game? EVERYTHING. The way u can push back on the controls and have the guy turn like a robot is completely embarassing to the sport of football. You could set up the perfect defense and plug the right gap and the guy would "robot" his way out. The passing game- you can throw deep EVERY SINGLE PLAY and score, completely unrealistic. Player models- Since when does Olindo Mare look EXACTLY like Jason Sehorn (or any other white guy in the NFL)? To answer the question of why does my friend hate 04....he told me you can't tackle anyone, even on easy. He's not the first I've had tell me that. In the 2K series the players look like they do in real life (Ricky complete with his dreads). The run game is realistic, if the block isn't you have to make a legitimate juke or tackled. The passing is extremely realistic, its set to mock the true NFL. You will rarely see Gannon leave the pocket in 2K3, and it is difficult to contain Vick. If the QB is hit while releasing, the pass is in-accurate. I honestly don't see why people like Madden, I played it for two seconds and killed the other team, to me thats no fun, i like to put together drives that are realistically conducted.

Barbarian
08-19-2003, 03:53 AM
Whats wrong with Maddens run game? EVERYTHING. The way u can push back on the controls and have the guy turn like a robot is completely embarassing to the sport of football. You could set up the perfect defense and plug the right gap and the guy would robot his way out.

That explains why my D averages less than 50 yards rushing per game. Sorry, but movement is pretty realistic.

The passing game- you can throw deep EVERY SINGLE PLAY and score, completely unrealistic.

That is why Surtain has 9 picks and Knight has 7 and Madison has 6 and marion has 5 in my first season. Because temas are able to constantly throw deep and score every time. (okay, 5 of those scores were my DB's taking it back to the promised land ;) )

Player models- Since when does Olindo Mare look EXACTLY like Jason Sehorn (or any other white guy in the NFL)?

Since people stopped really looking at the fact that there are about a dozen different facial shapes and another dozen different faces to place on those shapes, and thats not even including the different colors of hair creating somethign like 4-500 different combinations.

To answer the question of why does my friend hate 04....he told me you can't tackle anyone, even on easy.

Funny, I have no trouble tackling people... in droves.

He's not the first I've had tell me that.

Its the first time I have heard that.

In the 2K series the players look like they do in real life (Ricky complete with his dreads).

No more so than in madden.

The run game is realistic, if the block isn't you have to make a legitimate juke or tackled.

Just like madden.

The passing is extremely realistic, its set to mock the true NFL.

Just like madden.

You will rarely see Gannon leave the pocket in 2K3, and it is difficult to contain Vick.

In madden Gannon runs about as often as he does in real life. (he had 185 yards rushing my 1st season and in real life rushed for 156 last year)

and as far as vick being hard to contain, there is a thread listed here asking how to contain running QB's, so we know that Vick and McNair and guys like that are tough to keep a lid on in madden, just like real life.

If the QB is hit while releasing, the pass is in-accurate.

Just like those dozen or so passes that Feidler has put in the turf about 10 yards short of the reciever when he gets hit while passing in my game.

I honestly don't see why people like Madden, I played it for two seconds and killed the other team, to me thats no fun, i like to put together drives that are realistically conducted.

Try it for a little longer than 2 seconds (it gets better after the coin flip.) and try it on an actually semi difficult level instead of easy, whip up on the other team in all-pro and then talk smak. In pro and all-pro, if you don't put together realistic drives the opponent is going to maul you.

I am guessing your just beeing difficult for kicks or have never played madden, only have the 2K game and decided to slam what you don't have to compensate for having the inferior of the 2 titles, but thats just a guess. :)

Biggunndunn
08-19-2003, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Barbarian

That explains why my D averages less than 50 yards rushing per game. Sorry, but movement is pretty realistic.

That is why Surtain has 9 picks and Knight has 7 and Madison has 6 and marion has 5 in my first season. Because temas are able to constantly throw deep and score every time. (okay, 5 of those scores were my DB's taking it back to the promised land ;) )

Since people stopped really looking at the fact that there are about a dozen different facial shapes and another dozen different faces to place on those shapes, and thats not even including the different colors of hair creating somethign like 4-500 different combinations.

Funny, I have no trouble tackling people... in droves.

Its the first time I have heard that.

No more so than in madden.

Just like madden.

Just like madden.

In madden Gannon runs about as often as he does in real life. (he had 185 yards rushing my 1st season and in real life rushed for 156 last year)

and as far as vick being hard to contain, there is a thread listed here asking how to contain running QB's, so we know that Vick and McNair and guys like that are tough to keep a lid on in madden, just like real life.

Just like those dozen or so passes that Feidler has put in the turf about 10 yards short of the reciever when he gets hit while passing in my game.

Try it for a little longer than 2 seconds (it gets better after the coin flip.) and try it on an actually semi difficult level instead of easy, whip up on the other team in all-pro and then talk smak. In pro and all-pro, if you don't put together realistic drives the opponent is going to maul you.

I am guessing your just beeing difficult for kicks or have never played madden, only have the 2K game and decided to slam what you don't have to compensate for having the inferior of the 2 titles, but thats just a guess. :)

yea...what he said:cool:

JPhinfan86
08-19-2003, 11:41 PM
When your in the open field on Madden you can use the unrealistic running movements to get around the guy, how can anyone who thinks they know football deny this? Its as plain as day, its a terrible feature that makes Madden worse then Gameday. In Madden, Ricky looks nothing even remotely like he does in 2K3 or in real life, the only thing Madden Ricky has going is that hes black and has a visor, that doesn't cut it. Your comment (excuse) as to why Mare looks like Sehorn, that just shows EA Sports lack of attention to detail, if Sega Sports could do it why can't they? I'm not trying to convince anyone that they should like the 2K series, I couldn't care less, however I just do not, in any way, see how you could like Madden. The game is the same as they guy, repetitive, annoying and completely off the mark in everything football. Madden maybe used to be a good coach, fine, but now he's just a rambling old guy who makes me wish Dennis Miller was back in the booth. SOOOOO, ESPN NFL Football (2K4) is the game to have, IMO...and thats all I have to say.
Madden 2004 ~~~>:samurai: <~~~~NFL 2K4 :dance:

Barbarian
08-20-2003, 12:38 AM
When your in the open field on Madden you can use the unrealistic running movements to get around the guy, how can anyone who thinks they know football deny this? Its as plain as day, its a terrible feature that makes Madden worse then Gameday.

Sorry, but the movement is very realistic. No player on the field in Madden pulls off moves that we havent seen from Barry Sanders, or Charlie Garner, or Ricky Williams, or Priest Holmes, or Clinton Portis. And most guys in the game arent capable of pulling off those moves even. Movement is realistic, thus why your first claim is bogus.

In Madden, Ricky looks nothing even remotely like he does in 2K3 or in real life, the only thing Madden Ricky has going is that hes black and has a visor, that doesn't cut it. Your comment (excuse) as to why Mare looks like Sehorn, that just shows EA Sports lack of attention to detail, if Sega Sports could do it why can't they?

No excuses here, I flat out said you were wrong. Thats not an excuse, the players in Madden look every bit as much like themselves in Madden as when Sega makes them. Exactly why your 2nd reason is bogus.

I'm not trying to convince anyone that they should like the 2K series, I couldn't care less,

Coulda fooled me. You sure seem to be putting alot of effort into doing just that.

however I just do not, in any way, see how you could like Madden.

It might have something to do with it being the superior game in nearly every facet of gameplay from Strategy to AI to variety of options, to realistic simulations over ESPN NFL and only being on par graphically with the Sega title.

The game is the same as they guy, repetitive, annoying and completely off the mark in everything football. Madden maybe used to be a good coach, fine, but now he's just a rambling old guy who makes me wish Dennis Miller was back in the booth.

Well, I can't defend Madden himself, the only good thing about the guy is that he put his name on the best Football simulation on the market. As an announcer... well, I'll agree, I prefer Miller was back in the booth instead of him as well. :D

SOOOOO, ESPN NFL Football (2K4) is the game to have, IMO...and thats all I have to say.

wellll, Madden 2004 is the best football game to have ever hit the market and is vastly superior to anything on the shelves now... and that pretty much sums up what I have to say.

JPhinfan86
08-20-2003, 01:10 AM
You're still off. When in the history of the NFL has any player run like anything you have ever seen in Madden, your insistance about this is making me think you don't watch football. I seriously don't understand where u are coming from with that, the movements in this game are unrealistic, period. NO ONE in the NFL I've watched for years has ever run like a robot.

Like I said before, the Madden version of Ricky has absolutely nothing even close to real life about it, IT DOESN'T look like Ricky. In 2K3 you see the stubble on Ricky's face, the dreads on the back of his jersey and anything else that is Ricky.

You can continue to play this terrible excuse for a football simulation, thats your problem, its pretty bad when a game can't even get something as simple as the replay system right. For now I will continue to listen to my Madden loving friends complain about the let-down Madden 2004 is, while I enjoy a true grid-iron classic that makes me proud of the NFL. Just play ESPN NFL Football once and then tell me that its worse. As I have said before, I don't care what you play...its your loss.

I'm really not to big on arguing with fellow finfans about a video-game, but this is the way it is. If Madden makes you happy, great!, I was simply stating my opinion. The only reason I posted was to see if I could get a good reason as to why people play it, I still don't (and probably never will) understand. 2K4 RULES!

Then: :argue: Now: :drinkers:

Barbarian
08-20-2003, 06:51 PM
You're still off. When in the history of the NFL has any player run like anything you have ever seen in Madden, your insistance about this is making me think you don't watch football. I seriously don't understand where u are coming from with that, the movements in this game are unrealistic, period. NO ONE in the NFL I've watched for years has ever run like a robot.

My point is that in Madden they don't run like robots. I'm seriously beginning to think you have never seen Madden 2004.

Like I said before, the Madden version of Ricky has absolutely nothing even close to real life about it, IT DOESN'T look like Ricky. In 2K3 you see the stubble on Ricky's face, the dreads on the back of his jersey and anything else that is Ricky.

You have your opinion, and I have the truth, in Madden the guys look PDG and very close to the way they look in real life, easily the equal of the Sega game.

You can continue to play this terrible excuse for a football simulation, thats your problem, its pretty bad when a game can't even get something as simple as the replay system right.

You can continue to play the inferior games that you seem to enjoy for whatever reason, it's pretty bad when you have to reach for something like the replay system (which I see no problems with) to dog on it.

For now I will continue to listen to my Madden loving friends complain about the let-down Madden 2004 is,

Funny, I have yet to hear anybody that has actually played the game say anything bad about it, in fact the people that rate video games for a living seem to agree that it's the best football game ever released for any system.

while I enjoy a true grid-iron classic that makes me proud of the NFL. Just play ESPN NFL Football once and then tell me that its worse. As I have said before, I don't care what you play...its your loss.

I have played that inferior game, and while it's a big step up in the 2K series (the other ones really blew hard) it's still no match for Maddens gameplay, options, realism, playbook, simulation capabilities... in fact the only place that Sega has matched EA on is in Graphics.

Some people prefer eye-candy to actual gameplay, hey it's your choice, but gameplay, realism, and options are what makes a game for me. And in those areas EA Sports is still lightyears ahead of Sega.

I'm really not to big on arguing with fellow finfans about a video-game, but this is the way it is. If Madden makes you happy, great!, I was simply stating my opinion. The only reason I posted was to see if I could get a good reason as to why people play it, I still don't (and probably never will) understand. 2K4 RULES!

I'm not either, but you came in here all aggresive and slamming something without any basis and slammed us for enjoying something that is allmost universally recognised as a superior product, if you didn't expect some kind of reply then you were as wrong about that as you are about the Madden game. I have given you reasons why people play it (Superior Gameplay, options, playbooks, simulation) if you refuse to hear them then theres nothing I can say to make you hear. But if you don't believe me, then try theese guys.

ESPNGamer reviews:
Realism: 10
Graphics: 9
Controll: 10
Overall experience: 10
Total score: 47 of 50
(ESPN NFL Football got 43 of 50, and this was an ESPN review!)

GameSpot/PS2
Editors' Choice / Score: 9.2

Gamepro: Rating 5.0 (of 5)

IGN.com: "Once again, Madden's number one"

Globetechnology.com: "Madden NFL 2004 brings drastic improvements to both gameplay and extras. Those alterations reaffirm the title as the preeminent sports release."

PSM Magazine: "Simply the deepest sports game ever made. It's got almost everything a football fan could ever want in a game -- and then some."

Official US Playstation: (Score 100 out of 100) "Yep, Tiburon's gotta go and give us a new greatest NFL game ever made. Again. And they'll probably do it again next year. "

Electronic Gaming Monthly: Score 93 (Game of the month)

Tips & Tricks Magazine: "After 14 years, the Madden NFL series still represents the epitome of sports games."

oh, and if that doesn't do the trick, during this years E3 Expo, Madden 2004 won the following awards.

Best Sports Game - PlayStation®2
Best Sports Game - Xbox
Best Sports Game / Runner Up - GameCube
Best NGC Sports Game
Best GBA Sports Game

Not trying to change your mind, just pointing out that nearly everybody in the Biz disagrees with ya on this.

JPhinfan86
08-21-2003, 12:16 AM
Fine, maybe they don't run like robots....they run like your playing electric football, where the guys just float around. One thing is for sure, however you want to describe the run game, the one thing that doesn't fit it is realistic. I've played the game and shut it off for this reason. The one single solitary thing that Madden has going for it is creation options, thats it.

Madden player models do not even come close to matching the models in 2K3, I don't see how you can say this. I think your just being stubborn and are trying to stick up for Madden. Your not fooling anyone, they aren't even close.

The problem with the replay system....it is NEVER accurate. Saying I have to "reach for something" is way off. I am telling you how it is, you can't claim to create an NFL simulation and leave out (screw up) an integral part of the NFL...that defeats the purpose. The same goes for the players looking like they do in real life, if your going to model the NFL, do it right, not just close.

When you say that YOU haven't heard anyone say anything bad about it, thats means nothing to ME. When I have 2 friends, who used to argue in favor of Madden like you are, tell me it sucks, I tend to think there is something seriously wrong (other then usual) with this new installment. Facts are facts, they loved the rest and hate this one. Some other member said this version is the same as last years....whatever, they said what they said.

I agree that up until 2K2 the series sucked. However, since then it has become the better of the two (Madden and 2K). Still, the crappy run game is where Madden fails to deliver in gameplay. Also, the tackling
(you know, only the important stuff).

As to the rating thing. There are billions of people in the United States, you think that just because twenty some odd people get paid to say this stuff that this is gonna change my mind? Think about it, Madden has sold better cuz gameplayers like sports FANTASY games. They don't like the more serious (accurate) games. So, you think that when there is money to be made by giving a good rating to a game people love so much, they won't? Business is business. Your probably gonna claim thats a shallow attempt at something, that would only show that you are naive.

How about we end this arguement with one of your quotes:

"No amount of belief makes something a fact"

Barbarian
08-21-2003, 02:57 AM
The problem with the replay system....it is NEVER accurate. Saying I have to &quot;reach for something&quot; is way off. I am telling you how it is, you can't claim to create an NFL simulation and leave out (screw up) an integral part of the NFL...that defeats the purpose.

Well, we will just have to agree to disagree, I have 90% of game players on my side, so I feel extreamly comfortable on this one. Your right "No amount of belief makes something a fact" the facts are out there for everybody to see and allmost everybody out there has made up their mind to disagree with you. Especially the guys that make a living at rating games who allmost unanimously agree that Madden is superior.

But I do have to wonder what you are talking about here on the replay system.

Are you refering to instant replay challenges?

If so I have yet to have one that after looking at the replay myself I disagree with the computer, even in the cases where it screwed me over. The Challenge system is dead on perfect.

If your refering to something else (like instant replays) then I have no idea WTF you are talking about. Perhaps if you were a bit more specific I might be able to dialogue this out a bit further.

Barbarian
08-21-2003, 03:00 AM
When you say that YOU haven't heard anyone say anything bad about it, thats means nothing to ME. When I have 2 friends, who used to argue in favor of Madden like you are, tell me it sucks, I tend to think there is something seriously wrong (other then usual) with this new installment. Facts are facts, they loved the rest and hate this one. Some other member said this version is the same as last years....whatever, they said what they said.

oh, and I think I can explain why they didn't like it.

They probably didn't give it enough of a chance, because the game speed in Madden 2004 is much more realistic than in 2003. It's a faster pace and alot of people that I have seen got frustrated at first, but then they adjusted to the new more realistic speed of the game and love it.

It's that learning curve that Primetime keeps talking about in his posts on the game.

JPhinfan86
08-22-2003, 03:48 AM
You say that the people who make a living rating games are on your side? Take a look at these reviews from Game Informer Magazine (true video game testers).

Reiner's opinion: "Madden has become a deeper simulation, but it hasn't evolved to the degree that Sega's title has." Basically he's saying its the same old, same old. The one thing Madden has is creation options. "ESPN NFL Football is jam-packed with new features innovative ideas, and must-see elements. First-person football sounds like a nightmare, but Sega figured out a way to make it work. It can be a little disorientating at times, BUT IT CAPTURES THE REALISM OF THE SPORT BETTER THAN ANY OTHER GAME. ESPN will also please graphics snobs with its detailed out-of-game cinematics and smooth animations. The play is still a little spotty, especially in the passing game, BUT IT'S STILL HOME TO THE BEST RUNNING ATTACK." He means realistic running movements and logical blocking. "WHEN IT COMES TO SHEER ENTERTAINMENT, SEGA'S GAME DEFINITELY DELIVERS THE MOST." He gives it a 9.25 rating.

Here is what he had to say about Madden 2004:

He starts off by saying "This year's Madden is a bold new step for video game sports." He talks about the Ownership options, stadium renovations, hiring coaching staffs, setting concession and ticket prices, relocation to different cities and the ability to improve players in mini-camp. After he is through talking about the creation and managment options, this is what he says. "On the field , it's not quite as glamorous, but better than past efforts. Altogether, the gameplay is finally gelling together like I always hoped it would, BUT THE BIGGEST DRAW IN THIS YEAR'S GAME IS THE DEPTH THAT HAS BEEN IMPLEMENTED INTO TEAM MANAGEMENT. FANTASY FOOTBALL FANATICS NEEDN'T LOOK FURTHER." He gives this a 9.25 rating.

So what he is sayin is, if you want to play a football game then ESPN NFL Football is for you. If you want to play Franchise Tycoon the Madden is for you. Personally I'm in it for some football, I get my fantasy fill through yahoo and rollercoaster tycoon on my PS2.

Another reviewer by the name Kato has this to say:

Madden 2004: "It may be managment freaks like myself who derive the most from this year's Madden."

ESPN NFL Football: "[ESPN] doesn't just tack on more, but instead gives gamers a new experience."

The Gamecube version of Madden was given a 8.75 (there was no review for ESPN NFL Football on this console).

The XBOX versions:

Madden 2004: 9 rating
ESPN NFL Footall: 9.25 rating

Barbarian
08-22-2003, 04:57 AM
[B]You say that the people who make a living rating games are on your side? Take a look at these reviews from Game Informer Magazine (true video game testers).

Reiner's opinion: &quot;Madden has become a deeper simulation, but it hasn't evolved to the degree that Sega's title has.&quot; Basically he's saying its the same old, same old. The one thing Madden has is creation options. &quot;ESPN NFL Football is jam-packed with new features innovative ideas, and must-see elements. First-person football sounds like a nightmare, but Sega figured out a way to make it work. It can be a little disorientating at times, BUT IT CAPTURES THE REALISM OF THE SPORT BETTER THAN ANY OTHER GAME. ESPN will also please graphics snobs with its detailed out-of-game cinematics and smooth animations. The play is still a little spotty, especially in the passing game, BUT IT'S STILL HOME TO THE BEST RUNNING ATTACK.&quot; He means realistic running movements and logical blocking. &quot;WHEN IT COMES TO SHEER ENTERTAINMENT, SEGA'S GAME DEFINITELY DELIVERS THE MOST.&quot; He gives it a 9.25 rating.

He starts off by saying &quot;This year's Madden is a bold new step for video game sports.&quot; He talks about the Ownership options, stadium renovations, hiring coaching staffs, setting concession and ticket prices, relocation to different cities and the ability to improve players in mini-camp. After he is through talking about the creation and managment options, this is what he says. &quot;On the field , it's not quite as glamorous, but better than past efforts. Altogether, the gameplay is finally gelling together like I always hoped it would, BUT THE BIGGEST DRAW IN THIS YEAR'S GAME IS THE DEPTH THAT HAS BEEN IMPLEMENTED INTO TEAM MANAGEMENT. FANTASY FOOTBALL FANATICS NEEDN'T LOOK FURTHER.&quot; He gives this a 9.25 rating.

So what he is sayin is, if you want to play a football game then ESPN NFL Football is for you. If you want to play Franchise Tycoon the Madden is for you. Personally I'm in it for some football, I get my fantasy fill through yahoo and rollercoaster tycoon on my PS2.

Yawn... okay you found one guy that liked ESPN better... you know, I'm certain you can find a reviewer out there that Liked Mad Dog Mcree also. And that game was a putrid pile of dog vomit. :rolleyes:

Oh, and you sure do seem to spend most of that time putting spin on what he says... I read quite a bit of praise for madden in there, but you tried to spin it every which way and make compliments sound like negatives... do you work for the rebublican party? Or maybe even the Jets? Because spin like that is amazing, but then again, if you just put the reviewers words up there and didn't spin the hell out of them then it would look like a reviewer saying good things about both games instead of saying one was better than the other, and that wouldent back up your statement... you have a long career ahead of you in politics.

Madden 2004: &quot;It may be managment freaks like myself who derive the most from this year's Madden.&quot;

ESPN NFL Football: &quot;[ESPN] doesn't just tack on more, but instead gives gamers a new experience.&quot;

and your point is? he says good things about both games, he doesn't say either one is any better than the other and doesn't raise any of the bogus points you tried to raise. In fact I have yet to see ANY published reviewer raise any of the rediculous points you have futilly tried to raise against the Madden game.

The Gamecube version of Madden was given a 8.75 (there was no review for ESPN NFL Football on this console).

8.75 sounds pretty good I guess, I have never played the gamecube (The system, not just the game) so I wouldent know anything about the system. But since they havent rated ESPN yet this really doesnt say anything, does it?

The XBOX versions:

Thats nice, but the PS2 rankings were a little different if I recall correctly. ;)

Never played the X-Box version (I can't stand the X-Box controllers, hate them with a passion) so I can't speak about that, but the PS2 version and PC version of Madden are incredable, and a VAST majority of reviewers agree with me, just because you found one (I'm not counting the X-Box as I don't know jack about it and am not including it in mine either) guy that agrees with you doesn't mean that the huge list that I posted is in any danger of being invalidated. In fact, the fact that you could only find one guy to say that the PS2 or PC version was better after such a long wait seems to reinforce what I posted. Thank you. :)

Biggunndunn
08-22-2003, 01:50 PM
Both of you just let it go...it is just a game!

or even better start a poll thread

JPhinfan86
08-22-2003, 05:47 PM
I gave Madden its props in the whole creation thing, that's the only thing about that game I can stand. I have spent time creating teams and stuff, but what I was saying is when it comes to playing football, Madden isn't the game for me.

I didn't try to spin anything, I stated the postives for Madden and it shows that Madden is for creation buffs and ESPN is for football finatics.

Barbarian
08-23-2003, 02:14 AM
I gave Madden its props in the whole creation thing, that's the only thing about that game I can stand. I have spent time creating teams and stuff, but what I was saying is when it comes to playing football, Madden isn't the game for me.

I didn't try to spin anything, I stated the postives for Madden and it shows that Madden is for creation buffs and ESPN is for football finatics.

okay... well, that said, I think Biggunndunn has a point, let's just let this one drop. You might be right about the X-Box version (I dunno, like I said, never played it, I hate the X-Box, but thats a different discussion entirely ;) ) and if thats the only verson your commenting on, well, then, I can't really say for certain anything about it. I just know that the PS2 nd PC versions are the best football games/sims on the market.

XoPhinsoX
08-24-2003, 01:43 AM
Whats wrong with Maddens run game? EVERYTHING. The way u can push back on the controls and have the guy turn like a robot is completely embarassing to the sport of football. You could set up the perfect defense and plug the right gap and the guy would &quot;robot&quot; his way out. The passing game- you can throw deep EVERY SINGLE PLAY and score, completely unrealistic. Player models- Since when does Olindo Mare look EXACTLY like Jason Sehorn (or any other white guy in the NFL)? To answer the question of why does my friend hate 04....he told me you can't tackle anyone, even on easy. He's not the first I've had tell me that. In the 2K series the players look like they do in real life (Ricky complete with his dreads). The run game is realistic, if the block isn't you have to make a legitimate juke or tackled. The passing is extremely realistic, its set to mock the true NFL. You will rarely see Gannon leave the pocket in 2K3, and it is difficult to contain Vick. If the QB is hit while releasing, the pass is in-accurate. I honestly don't see why people like Madden, I played it for two seconds and killed the other team, to me thats no fun, i like to put together drives that are realistically conducted.

I think your friend just isn't good. He can't tackle on easy? Yeah, that's a problem man. Try passing deep on me every down. I guarantee I'll pick you off within 4 tries. The "stop robot" thing you are talking about...guess what? It's been in every Madden, so what's the problem now? In Madden you have to juke or spin or you get tackled, or you may break tackles with runners like RW and a few others. It's also hard to contain Vick in Madden, he's awfully quick..I just got done using him tonight actually. I just think Madden is to much of a challenge for your friend :D

XoPhinsoX
08-24-2003, 01:47 AM
When your in the open field on Madden you can use the unrealistic running movements to get around the guy, how can anyone who thinks they know football deny this? Its as plain as day, its a terrible feature that makes Madden worse then Gameday. In Madden, Ricky looks nothing even remotely like he does in 2K3 or in real life, the only thing Madden Ricky has going is that hes black and has a visor, that doesn't cut it. Your comment (excuse) as to why Mare looks like Sehorn, that just shows EA Sports lack of attention to detail, if Sega Sports could do it why can't they? I'm not trying to convince anyone that they should like the 2K series, I couldn't care less, however I just do not, in any way, see how you could like Madden. The game is the same as they guy, repetitive, annoying and completely off the mark in everything football. Madden maybe used to be a good coach, fine, but now he's just a rambling old guy who makes me wish Dennis Miller was back in the booth. SOOOOO, ESPN NFL Football (2K4) is the game to have, IMO...and thats all I have to say.
Madden 2004 ~~~&gt;:samurai: &lt;~~~~NFL 2K4 :dance:

Dude, are you plaing tecmo bowl here? Ricky has dreads in Madden as does Shockey with his long hair. I could care less if Mare has the same facial feature as Sehorn. How often am I seeing Mares face in the game? A few times after I kick a FG or extra point? Post a pic of Mare from 2k4.

XoPhinsoX
08-24-2003, 01:53 AM
You say that the people who make a living rating games are on your side? Take a look at these reviews from Game Informer Magazine (true video game testers).

Reiner's opinion: &quot;Madden has become a deeper simulation, but it hasn't evolved to the degree that Sega's title has.&quot; Basically he's saying its the same old, same old. The one thing Madden has is creation options. &quot;ESPN NFL Football is jam-packed with new features innovative ideas, and must-see elements. First-person football sounds like a nightmare, but Sega figured out a way to make it work. It can be a little disorientating at times, BUT IT CAPTURES THE REALISM OF THE SPORT BETTER THAN ANY OTHER GAME. ESPN will also please graphics snobs with its detailed out-of-game cinematics and smooth animations. The play is still a little spotty, especially in the passing game, BUT IT'S STILL HOME TO THE BEST RUNNING ATTACK.&quot; He means realistic running movements and logical blocking. &quot;WHEN IT COMES TO SHEER ENTERTAINMENT, SEGA'S GAME DEFINITELY DELIVERS THE MOST.&quot; He gives it a 9.25 rating.

He starts off by saying &quot;This year's Madden is a bold new step for video game sports.&quot; He talks about the Ownership options, stadium renovations, hiring coaching staffs, setting concession and ticket prices, relocation to different cities and the ability to improve players in mini-camp. After he is through talking about the creation and managment options, this is what he says. &quot;On the field , it's not quite as glamorous, but better than past efforts. Altogether, the gameplay is finally gelling together like I always hoped it would, BUT THE BIGGEST DRAW IN THIS YEAR'S GAME IS THE DEPTH THAT HAS BEEN IMPLEMENTED INTO TEAM MANAGEMENT. FANTASY FOOTBALL FANATICS NEEDN'T LOOK FURTHER.&quot; He gives this a 9.25 rating.

Madden 2004: &quot;It may be managment freaks like myself who derive the most from this year's Madden.&quot;

ESPN NFL Football: &quot;[ESPN] doesn't just tack on more, but instead gives gamers a new experience.&quot;

The XBOX versions:

A whole .25 from one guy. You've conviced us ;\

Btw, I have XBOX ;)

JPhinfan86
08-24-2003, 02:47 AM
Yeah, about the whole .25 thing, the only reason I posted it was because everyone was saying that 2K4 doesn't even compare to Madden, where as these guys rate it better.

Like I told Barbarian before, I don't know why they don't like the new Madden. They loved every single Madden before this year, but told me they can't stand 2004. That's not me talkin'.

As far as the Mare pic from 2K4, I can only post a pic if its offered as a screenshot on a site. So far that hasn't happened. If it does I post it.

I agree to just drop it, nothing you guys say is gonna change my mind about Madden and I don't care if you don't like 2K4....I just wanted to show you why I liked it better. :up: :friday:

Barbarian
08-24-2003, 04:36 AM
Yeah, about the whole .25 thing, the only reason I posted it was because everyone was saying that 2K4 doesn't even compare to Madden, where as these guys rate it better.

Like I told Barbarian before, I don't know why they don't like the new Madden. They loved every single Madden before this year, but told me they can't stand 2004. That's not me talkin'.

First, I wasn't trying to say they don't compare. ESPN is definately in the same league, I just found it inferior to Madden, but it's still probably the 2nd best football game on the market. I never dogged it, I just said that compared to the best it didn't match up.

And I explained why your friends probably didn't like it. I posted about game speed earlier in the thread, re-read my post and you'll understand why they probably don't like it. The game speed has increased to realistic levels and it's frustrating at forst, but when they get used to it (assuming they actually give it a real chance) then they will probably love it.

XoPhinsoX
08-24-2003, 01:41 PM
The speed is definetely a little different.

In older Maddens you could throw into dbl and triple coverage with a lob pass and complete it. Of course it happens once in a while in 04, but most likely they are gonna pick it off. I just don't see a problem with the running game :confused: .

Only beef I have with Madden is it doesn't have lateral ;).

JPhinfan86
08-25-2003, 01:13 AM
I know what you said, but I've talked to them and they say the thing is you can't tackle. Not the game speed and not that they suck at it, but that you can't tackle (on a large scale).

Barbarian
08-25-2003, 06:03 AM
I know what you said, but I've talked to them and they say the thing is you can't tackle. Not the game speed and not that they suck at it, but that you can't tackle (on a large scale).

I don't know why they can't tackle... hell, I have an easier time with it in this version than in 2003.

Biggunndunn
08-29-2003, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by Barbarian

I don't know why they can't tackle... hell, I have an easier time with it in this version than in 2003.

They must be trying to strip it all the time

Barbarian
08-29-2003, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by Biggunndunn

They must be trying to strip it all the time

That could be. I found out the hard way that attempting to strip the ball can backfire with alot of missed tackles. :(

JPhinfan86
08-29-2003, 11:54 PM
I can't wait til' Tuesday (9-2-03)...the best version yet.:up:

Biggunndunn
08-30-2003, 03:34 PM
I can't wait til' Tuesday (9-2-03)...the best version yet.:up: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Dolfan984
08-30-2003, 03:54 PM
Madden blows away any other football game.

You don't truly play it unless you play all-madden. Try and score on every play. Yeah right.

JPhinfan86
08-31-2003, 02:52 AM
Bigggunndunn is acting as if he doesn't know what I was talking about. The entire thread....anything. I was refering to the date which ESPN NFL Football goes on sale, I'm excited to get my hands on the best football simulation to date.

Dolfan, you most likely won't say anything Barbarian hasn't in trying to argue for Madden. I personally don't believe Madden touches 2K4 let alone come close to blowing it away. The only one improvement I see in Madden 2004 is that the players are finally taller. They don't look like turtles like they have in the past, they still don't have the facial features of the NFL but this is a huge upgrade.

Barbarian
08-31-2003, 10:58 AM
Well, if a person just likes eye candy, then yeah ESPN is the way to go, but on the flipside gameplay and options are just better on Madden (possible exemption for X-Box due to the fact that I refuse to play the system out of hatred for the controllers) but at the E3 expo when I tried both Madden was superior then, and in a couple of day it will probably stil be the superior product, even gameinformer magazine (the one that jp used and claimed that they were "real reviewers" in their Football blowout article gave Madden slightly Higher ratings than they gave ESPN. (and gave them both much higher ratings than all the other NFL games on the market)

JPhinfan86
08-31-2003, 12:55 PM
Well, what I have is ratings on paper-from Game Informer giving ESPN better ratings. Thats all that matters. As for gameplay, i've already stated my disgust for Madden's crappy control style. It should be called "Electric Football 2004" presented by EA Tiburon (since you didn't seem to like "robot" as my description, this one is better anyway).

Back to the whole creation options on Madden. Who gives a crap about Rocky Mountain Oysters? I saw that on one of the screenshots, whats the point? How is this relevant to a football game? This is the point i've been trying to prove, if you want to play football get ESPN. If you want to play Al Davis (for whatever reason) then Madden.

Barbarian
08-31-2003, 01:10 PM
Well, what I have is ratings on paper-from Game Informer giving ESPN better ratings. Thats all that matters.

From Game informer Magazine

ESPN
90/90/80/90

Madden
95/90/80/90

Sorry, but GI rated it higher (I have a subscription as well :p )

As for gameplay, i've already stated my disgust for Madden's crappy control style. It should be called &quot;Electric Football 2004&quot; presented by EA Tiburon (since you didn't seem to like &quot;robot&quot; as my description, this one is better anyway).

Just because you don't like it must mean that over 90% of the Game reviewers out there are wrong. :lol:

Back to the whole creation options on Madden. Who gives a crap about Rocky Mountain Oysters? I saw that on one of the screenshots, whats the point? How is this relevant to a football game?

It's an extra fun option in owning the team as well as playing with them, to those of us that enjoy a good sim along with a great football game it's an outstanding option and creates depth that you just cant find anywhere else.

This is the point i've been trying to prove, if you want to play football get ESPN. If you want to play Al Davis (for whatever reason) then Madden.

well, if you want to JUST play football, then either game is good (madden is better IMHO though) but why limit yourself to just that when you can have it all.

Lets not forget that in Graphics, sound, and gameplay Madden was rated exactly the same as ESPN by Game Informer Magazine, but in Frontend (AKA: options and presentation) it scored higher.

So even the reviewers that you like said that Madden was the gameplay match to ESPN and had the extras on top of it. :)

XoPhinsoX
08-31-2003, 03:32 PM
Madden owns all, end it ;).

I'm about to go play some myself. I'll try to find all these problems you keep mentioning though with the tackles and what not :tongue:

Barbarian
08-31-2003, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by XoPhinsoX
I'm about to go play some myself.

Man.. you do not EVEN want to know what I thought this said at first glance. :lol:

JPhinfan86
09-01-2003, 04:18 AM
I agree to end it. I guarantee that if Madden didn't have such creation options it wouldn't sell as well. I know for a fact that if creation buffs didn't have this leisure they wouldn't play Madden. The gameplay in Madden is below standard. NFL Blitz was/is popular, it is in no way an accurate NFL simulation. The same holds true for Madden.

Have fun play with yourself...i meany BY yourself. :lol:

The sum of Madden from 2001 to present: :lastyr:

JPhinfan86
09-01-2003, 04:20 AM
oh my gosh that whole joke line was a disaster....

Have fun playING with yourself....I mean By yourself.

Putting the laughing face in is pointless now, I blew it.

Oh, what the heck! :lol:

Barbarian
09-01-2003, 04:26 AM
I agree to end it. I guarantee that if Madden didn't have such creation options it wouldn't sell as well. I know for a fact that if creation buffs didn't have this leisure they wouldn't play Madden. The gameplay in Madden is below standard. NFL Blitz was/is popular, it is in no way an accurate NFL simulation. The same holds true for Madden.

Have fun play with yourself...i meany BY yourself. :lol:

The sum of Madden from 2001 to present: :lastyr:

That must be why the game magazine that you were raving about as "real reviewers" gave madden a higher score overall and just as high in graphics, sound, and gameplay, eh?

(sorry, but you can't agree to end it and then take a potshot like that without expecting some kind of responce. :lol: )

JPhinfan86
09-01-2003, 04:35 AM
They didn't rate Madden higher anyway, they rated them both at an overall 9.25 for PS2 and ESPN better on Xbox (ESPN 9.25 and Madden at 9). I remember that cuz one dude commented on an "amazing" .25 difference.

Looks to me like we're going to hafta end this the ol' fashion way, Monkey Knife Fight!
:saberfigh (you'll have to bear with me on the whole "not monkey's thing)

Barbarian
09-01-2003, 04:54 AM
They didn't rate Madden higher anyway, they rated them both at an overall 9.25 for PS2 and ESPN better on Xbox (ESPN 9.25 and Madden at 9). I remember that cuz one dude commented on an &quot;amazing&quot; .25 difference.

Looks to me like we're going to hafta end this the ol' fashion way, Monkey Knife Fight!
:saberfigh (you'll have to bear with me on the whole &quot;not monkey's thing)

Sorry, but I have the Magazine right in front of me, has the Gran Turismo cover on it. It's Game Informer issue number 124

Game Informer Issue #124 Page 54

MADDEN 2004
(95) Frontend
(90) Gameplay
(80) Online
(90) Graphics

Game Informer Issue #124 Page 53

ESPN NFL Football
(90) Frontend
(90) Gameplay
(80) Online
(90) Graphics

Looks like they Gave Madden a higher rating to me. :D

oh, and for the record

Game Informer Issue #124 Page 55

NFL Fever 2004
(80) Frontend
(90) ameplay
(85) Online
(85) Graphics

Game Informer Issue #124 Page 56

NFL Gameday 2004
(75) Frontend
(75) ameplay
(90) Online
(80) Graphics

Game Informer Issue #124 Page 57

NFL Blitz Pro
(80) Frontend
(80) ameplay
(80) Online
(75) Graphics

JPhinfan86
09-01-2003, 05:02 AM
Yeah...good for you. You are looking at Augusts Issue. I'm looking at Septembers issue, the latest issue (Max Payne 2 on the cover)...and it says right here ESPN NFL Football 9.25...the same for Madden. ESPN rates better on XBOX by .25.

JPhinfan86
09-01-2003, 05:05 AM
Issue 125 P. 106

Barbarian
09-01-2003, 05:15 AM
Yeah...good for you. You are looking at Augusts Issue. I'm looking at Septembers issue, the latest issue (Max Payne 2 on the cover)...and it says right here ESPN NFL Football 9.25...the same for Madden. ESPN rates better on XBOX by .25.

Like I said before, I couldent give a flying monkeys butt about the X-box. I never made any claim about the X-Box, from what I hear theres no Online on the X-Box version of Madden, so it allready has a strike against it (I mean, aside from being on the X-Box) I'm tellin ya that the PC and PS2 versions are just as good actual football games that add all the extra options on top of it all.

X-Box... blech :barf:

JPhinfan86
09-01-2003, 05:19 AM
LOL...you really have it out for XBOX huh? haha.

Barbarian
09-01-2003, 05:27 AM
LOL...you really have it out for XBOX huh? haha.

Man, it's just the controllers...

(well, that and the lack of 3rd part support, but the controllers really just... grrrrr...)

sorry, I just really dislike the X-box controllers.

JPhinfan86
09-01-2003, 05:29 AM
Yeah, I always find I have a hard time locating the start button at the most in-opportune time. Like during a racing game...i try to pause and slam into a wall....not cool.

Barbarian
09-01-2003, 05:39 AM
Yeah, I always find I have a hard time locating the start button at the most in-opportune time. Like during a racing game...i try to pause and slam into a wall....not cool.

good example.

Don't get me wrong, from a tech standpoint, I recognise that the X-box is definately the superior machine, and if there was a way to make all the games for the PS2 translate to X-Box and to use the PS2 controller with it, I'd be on the X-Box in a heartbeat, but I just can't get over those controllers :lol:

XoPhinsoX
09-01-2003, 12:49 PM
I'm confident Madden is better and so does most of the population. It just sounds to me that you almost are trying to make ESPN sound better then it is (for whatever reason). Btw, I made most of my tackles when I played ;).

I think I like the XBOX version the best. It seems smoother and "quicker" I guess you could say.

About to go bust some *** on Global Operations : Island Thunder.

JPhinfan86
09-01-2003, 11:39 PM
How can you say "better than it is"? You haven't played ESPN NFL Football. I stated that 2K3 was better...and it is. I'm sure that the majority of the people will see that when they realize that Madden is exactly the same as last year. Except now you can set a price for Rocky Mountain Blue Oysters...woppity doo.

Barbarian
09-01-2003, 11:42 PM
I'm sure that the majority of the people will see that when they realize that Madden is exactly the same as last year.

Now that is where you show your ignorance of Madden, this game is much faster paced and much more realistic than last years version, it's much more difficult to elude tacklers this year and cannot perform many of the cheesy moves that were possible last year.

Sorry man, but actually play the game before you make comments like this, you won't look so silly afterwords.

JPhinfan86
09-02-2003, 12:47 AM
As for the whole "play it before you make comments" thing. XoPhinsoX did exactly what you are saying. He said I'm making it sound better then it is....how would he know? No one has played it, it doesn't go on sale til tomorrow. I have played Madden 2004...today in fact. As I said before, the only SINGLE thing that has changed is the player models...they still don't look like the real-life players but at least they aren't turtles anymore and maybe the player-making thing. For the most part Madden is largely the same as last year. Still sucks.

Barbarian
09-02-2003, 04:44 AM
As for the whole &quot;play it before you make comments&quot; thing. XoPhinsoX did exactly what you are saying. He said I'm making it sound better then it is....how would he know? No one has played it, it doesn't go on sale til tomorrow. I have played Madden 2004...today in fact. As I said before, the only SINGLE thing that has changed is the player models...they still don't look like the real-life players but at least they aren't turtles anymore and maybe the player-making thing. For the most part Madden is largely the same as last year. Still sucks.

So because he did means it's okay for you to?

Oh, and I played it at the E3 expo. My cousin works for Activision and got me in. :D

And if you think the only thing changed was the player models, then nothing I can say will mean anything to you because you have no clue what your talking about.

If it still sucked, why would the Magazine that you raved was "real reviewers" give it a higher rating than ESPN in one magazine and a 9.0 in another?

or do they commonly give sucky games 9.0 ratings?

if so, then what does it say about ESPN's X-Box 9.25?

No answer for that one eh?

Biggunndunn
09-02-2003, 02:46 PM
they added all the formation options

XoPhinsoX
09-02-2003, 05:45 PM
What I meant by saying "you are trying to make it sound better then it is" was due to you trying to convince everyone that IT IS. Almost like you are promoting it and just because people are disagreeing with you about it you get almost defensive.

I just don't understand. Your friends and everyone liked the previous Maddens, but they don't like this one? It's faster, more options, more formations, better playbooks. What's not to like exactly? I don't know what you're talking about when you say "turtle" sized players? I think you may be way picky or anti-Madden all together ;). Because if the players were much bigger they would look strange IMO.

JPhinfan86
09-03-2003, 12:42 AM
Barbarian, it's like i've said before, just because Blitz was once popular doesn't automatically mean it was an accurate simulation...or even close to. The same holds true for Madden, it's popular from a creation options stand point..not as an NFL simulation.

Personally I think the best football game made by EA is yet to come. I'm not saying it will be accurate but I am pretty sure I will buy NFL Street when it comes out. That way i'll have my fantasy (Street) and true simulation (ESPN).

What I have been trying to show you is that the two games both received 9.25 ratings because of different reasons. Madden for creation and ESPN for gameplay true to the NFL. What I derive from ESPN (football) isn't the same as what Madden fans are going for (creation and management).

I swear to you guys, if Madden corrected the incredibly terrible running game, I would most likely own both titles. However, the inconsistency in the run game (or anytime your carrying the ball) drives me away from it. I could deal with player models just for the fact that Madden has cool creation stuff...but I would never buy it strictly for creation options.

About what XoPhinsoX said about it sucking if Madden player models were much bigger, what I said was Madden finally has the player models posture right...now I still don't understand why they have every single player at the same height and weight (regardless of what stats say). Even though it is a huge draw for me to have the players looking exactly like in real life (facial features) it is possible to do without as long as the game plays like an NFL simulation and not electronic football.

JPhinfan86
09-03-2003, 12:44 AM
And to agree with your statement XoPhinsoX....life couldn't get any better then that (sig). :hail: :cheer:

XoPhinsoX
09-03-2003, 03:11 AM
Heh ;).

I still am thrown on what's wrong with the running game. RW destroys.

Barbarian
09-03-2003, 05:08 AM
Barbarian, it's like i've said before, just because Blitz was once popular doesn't automatically mean it was an accurate simulation...or even close to. The same holds true for Madden, it's popular from a creation options stand point..not as an NFL simulation.

I have been plying the series for over a decade now, I might think I know why it is popular, and even without the options it's still an excellent game. As an NFL simulation it remains unsurpassed, both Gamers and reviewers allmost universally agree with this.

What I have been trying to show you is that the two games both received 9.25 ratings because of different reasons. Madden for creation and ESPN for gameplay true to the NFL. What I derive from ESPN (football) isn't the same as what Madden fans are going for (creation and management).

And I am pointing out that when they broke it down Madden recieved the exact same score in Gameplay and graphics as ESPN. You still have yet to answer that one. How could such "inferior" and "crappy" gameplay recieve the exact same score as the high and mighty ESPN?

Perhaps because it's not inferior or crappy?

I swear to you guys, if Madden corrected the incredibly terrible running game,

What incredably terrable running game? The game is the most realistic simulation of rushing I have ever EVER seen. (And this is coming from an ex-college fullback, I carried the rock a few times and know the speed and feel, and Madden captures it better than anybody ever has before.

I would most likely own both titles. However, the inconsistency in the run game (or anytime your carrying the ball) drives me away from it.

See my previous point. :rolleyes:

I could deal with player models just for the fact that Madden has cool creation stuff...but I would never buy it strictly for creation options.

And neither did we, nor any of the hundreds of thousands (possibly millions) that bought Madden.

now I still don't understand why they have every single player at the same height and weight (regardless of what stats say). Even though it is a huge draw for me to have the players looking exactly like in real life (facial features) it is possible to do without as long as the game plays like an NFL simulation and not electronic football. [/B]

The same height and weight?!??!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Excuse me while I go pick up my spleen, if you are trying to tell me that Mare and Wade look the same height and weight on the game, then dude, I know a good rehab center for ya to detox in.