PDA

View Full Version : Can't diss Brady...

Phin Phanatic
02-06-2008, 01:54 PM
While some of you may take pleasure in the loss of the Pats I'd rather not see disparaging remarks about Tom Brady. The man is nothing but class in a league that sometimes lacks it. He is the chosen Poster Boy for the NFL for a reason. There is nothing bad that really can be said about this man. "He runs up scores", he's only doing what his coach asks him to do. If Brady was a dolphin, all of you would be in line to wipe his bum after pooping. So please, spare the Brady libel, it's not justified...

dolpns13
02-06-2008, 01:57 PM
I am so glad that Brady got his *** handed to him... I loved every second of that scumbags pressures.... A class act doesnt laugh at the 17 points comment, nor does he admit that they were just trying to destroy and put away teams. Yeah, theres some sportmanship for ya...

FinsFan74
02-06-2008, 01:57 PM
I'm not so sure this thread is justified

MoFinz
02-06-2008, 01:58 PM
I aint seen trolling like that since they took Roland Martins fishing show off the air.

Your smack is weak Grasshopper

dolphinfn3454
02-06-2008, 02:00 PM
Tom Brady= :loser1:

Celtkin
02-06-2008, 02:06 PM
If we had a chance to trade any QB on our team right now for Brady, how many of you would be critical of the trade?

Not me.

Oh, let's keep down the smack talk. :hi5:

Phinsfan210
02-06-2008, 02:25 PM
:tank:tom brady

dolpns13
02-06-2008, 02:34 PM
If we had a chance to trade any QB on our team right now for Brady, how many of you would be critical of the trade?

Not me.

oh my god... This should be considered blasphemy... I wouldnt complain though... Maybe... I may have mixed emotions about it, but they would probably go away when we started winning division championships

rev kev
02-06-2008, 02:40 PM
While some of you may take pleasure in the loss of the Pats I'd rather not see disparaging remarks about Tom Brady. The man is nothing but class in a league that sometimes lacks it. He is the chosen Poster Boy for the NFL for a reason. There is nothing bad that really can be said about this man. "He runs up scores", he's only doing what his coach asks him to do. If Brady was a dolphin, all of you would be in line to wipe his bum after pooping. So please, spare the Brady libel, it's not justified...

Sorry not class... Is he good and even great yes..., class he lacks in that one - baby

dolphinfn3454
02-06-2008, 02:41 PM

Not me.

Tom Bradys the devil!:lol:

rev kev
02-06-2008, 02:43 PM

Not me.

OK I agree but the guys ability to win and being classy are different things bro

tfh_rules
02-06-2008, 03:14 PM
Ask Bridgette Moynahan how classy Brady is. :lol:

SabanHater
02-06-2008, 03:41 PM
Tom Brady= :loser1:

:sidelol:

DaFish
02-06-2008, 03:48 PM

Not me.

I would and I am not ashamed to say it. Don't like him........don't like him at all. We could find some one with some more class.

adamprez2003
02-06-2008, 03:56 PM
Tom Brady's hero growing up was Joe Montana. Peyton Manning's hero (other than his dad) was Dan Marino. If we're going to wish for a QB give me Peyton anyday. Just for having the audacity to root for Montana instead of Marino Brady should be hogtied and dragged through the streets. Something similar to what happened to him this past Sunday

jlfin
02-06-2008, 04:04 PM

Smart and accurate (when he has time to throw and set up). He's an average QB when he's pressured. He doesn't have the physical attributes like an Elway or Marino (few do) who can carry a below average team to the playoffs.

shula_guy
02-06-2008, 04:17 PM
Its two entirely different issues between him being a compentent player and his chacter.

He has a terrible attitude. He is a smug, arrogant, condendecending person. He shows no humility when he wins and throws tantrums when he loses. That is not the type of player I want to see in a Miami uniform.

The question of how good of a QB he is, that is debatable. He is more acomplished then anyone on this team, yes. Put every QB in the nfl in his place and some of them would not put up numbers similiar to his but there is a fair amount of guys in this league who would. He is above average but he is not as great as people make him out to be. Put Brady in miami and what kind of numbers do you think he would have? Lets not froget spygate either. If it turns out he knew the defensive calls then really how above average of a QB even is he.

Im not out to get the guy and I have no desire to call him names but I see no reason to give him undeserved praise. He has not earned my respect. Bradys claim to fame has been that he is a clutch player who keeps playing hard and pulls out the close games. If it turns out to be accurate that he has been cheating how many of those close games would have fallen the other way without the benefits of his teams stollen calls.

Brady's entire career is suspect at this point. All of his wins are under scrutiny and need to be looked into before I can give him any credit for them. His numbers this year have been exceptional but how much credit belongs to him and how much of it belongs to Moss, Welker, and Stallworth?

I dont consider any of my points about his career "SMACK". I think its fair to question how much of an influence did cheating have on inflating his numbers and how much assistance did he have season by having probowler recievers as targets.

DolfanAdam
02-06-2008, 05:45 PM
I mean this 100% I don't EVER want anyone who has played on the current Patriots team on the Dolphins roster. I don't care if they wanted to give back Welker and Seau for free. I think every player on that team is of poor class, they frequently display acts of poor sportsmanship, and IMO are highly highly overrated.

As far as Tom Brady goes what more really needs to be said? There are only so many bad words to describe one person. :)

Dolfan32323
02-07-2008, 07:09 PM
Great player but definitely not classy.

The Confessor
02-07-2008, 07:12 PM

Not me.

Well, actually, I have a tough enough time having Ricky Sticky-bud Williams being the face of our franchise. I know, even though our chances of wining would be greatly increased, that I wouldnt want Brady and his smug little ego wearing our colors..just my call, but I dont want the win at all costs mentality:up:

:foundout:

satz
02-07-2008, 08:34 PM
I must living under a rock all these people know brady personally and hang with him,.

Muck
02-07-2008, 08:58 PM
Ask Bridgette Moynahan how classy Brady is. :lol:

She dumped him, if I have it right (maybe I don't). Fact is, I don't know either of them personally. So I can't judge what they're truly like off the field.

Anyway, I'd do jumping jacks in the streets if Brady became our QB. He's the best in the league. And he is classy in victory and defeat.

People knocking him for being intense on the field? Dan Marino was vicious when things didn't go right.

Hey, people interperate things in different ways. Personally, I see general nitpicking and deliberate misrepresentation by people with an interest in Brady not being successful, popular, whatever.

I root against him because I'm a Dolphin fan. But he's still a human being. And greatness is greatness.

Hell, give me Richard Seymour and Rodney Harrison too.

late again
02-07-2008, 10:25 PM

Myself, I couldn't care any less one way or the other if people want to trash the guy. I can tell you, though, if you're that bothered by "disparaging remarks about Brady", you're hanging around the wrong team's fans.

Mike13
02-08-2008, 09:10 PM
The man is nothing but class in a league that sometimes lacks it

"Ha we're only going to score 17 points?"

Yeah he's not smug or arrogant.:rolleyes:

Celtkin
02-09-2008, 12:13 AM
She dumped him, if I have it right (maybe I don't). Fact is, I don't know either of them personally. So I can't judge what they're truly like off the field.

Anyway, I'd do jumping jacks in the streets if Brady became our QB. He's the best in the league. And he is classy in victory and defeat.

People knocking him for being intense on the field? Dan Marino was vicious when things didn't go right.

Hey, people interperate things in different ways. Personally, I see general nitpicking and deliberate misrepresentation by people with an interest in Brady not being successful, popular, whatever.

I root against him because I'm a Dolphin fan. But he's still a human being. And greatness is greatness.

Hell, give me Richard Seymour and Rodney Harrison too.

People forget just how much in common Marino and Brady have in common when it comes to the way the handle themselves in the huddle, on the field and in the press.

Mike13
02-09-2008, 10:46 AM
People forget just how much in common Marino and Brady have in common when it comes to the way the handle themselves in the huddle, on the field and in the press.

You are right, if you watch "Heart of a Champion" they show Marino ripping into his fellow teammates.

The Confessor
02-09-2008, 11:05 AM

On the field and in the huddle I absolutely agree. (Gawd I hate saying that:lol:)

Off the field, I personally feel Brady has done too many things that paint a very negative image, something Dan never did. Brady is always SMUG and arrogant. Every quote and interview I have ever seen/watched is very egotistical and look at what I am doing now...but that is my own perception.

Muck
02-10-2008, 01:17 AM
"Ha we're only going to score 17 points?"

Yeah he's not smug or arrogant.:rolleyes:

Did you watch him say it? It wasn't overly serious. He then said he could live with 45-42. :lol:

They're the highest scoring team in NFL history. In the last meeting, they put 38 on the Giants. And as you know, he was responding to a guaranteed victory by a member of the Giants.

Again, I think people deliberately make it out to more than it actually was (from Brady and Burress). Fans live on this stuff.

I am Bane
02-10-2008, 02:21 AM

i must disagree. class wouldnt be giving comments back at other people. class wouldnt be slowly turning into a prick, cocky athlete slowly throughout his career. class wouldnt be not shaking a hand before the superbowl of the opposing QB wishing you good luck. not sure if he got this lovely "class act" of his from miserable bilichick, but they both are definitely NOT what i define as class.

- but none the less, i respect them as great NFL football minds and/or athletes

I am Bane
02-10-2008, 02:25 AM

Marino was always intense throughout a game. i remember him screaming at WR's, sticking his finger into linemens chests... in huddles would be yelling at the whole huddle. man, these guys on the squad listened though, they respected Marino because they knew whom he was and how good he was. they knew he jsut wanted to win. Marino also was a good person too which was why he was so highly respected... fix me if i am wrong, was there ever people talking about Marino like they are Brady now, and i do not mean playing on the field.... the crap off it and questioning their personalities and actions.

ForthAndGoal
02-10-2008, 05:20 AM
When I was watching the superbowl the only thing about Tom Brady that I cared about was hoping that one of the Giants lb's would of broke one of his legs! I didn't care which one just one of them!

Brady's not In the class of Montana and never will be!

FinsGirlie
02-10-2008, 01:53 PM
why the hell not??? i think the sweetest thing about this year in football is seeing justice prevail. the cheaters lose and the underdogs win. Brady is not to be spared for his performance on the field or off! this is why wes welker looks like a new man. when you have guys to block you, receivers to pass to, etc. of course you seem like the golden boy. but take all that away. how do you think Brady would look then?