PDA

View Full Version : Spikes says expect a lot from Buffalo D

CirclingWagons
08-14-2003, 11:04 AM
one of the last sentences in this article proves that this thread belongs here;)
Spikes (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/6561485)

ckparrothead
08-20-2003, 12:30 PM
I don't get why the addition of Spikes all the sudden is going to bring the Bills from possibly the worst D in the league to one of the best. I just don't buy the whole line that a good linebacker can elevate a defense that much. The Bills had talent on that defense before they got Takeo Spikes...Pat Williams one of the best in the business, London Fletcher a very very good MLB, Keith Newman was supposed to be underrated, as was Coy Wire, and of course I keep seeing those corners flouted as one of the best tandems in the league.

If you've got playmakers like that in all three levels on D (especially at DT, LB, and CB) then if you're not putting that together into at least a mediocre defense then there's something seriously wrong and it isn't the players its the coaches. And if there's a problem with the defensive coaching, you can add whoever you want to that defense and it isn't going to bring it to the top. The problem with Indianapolis' D all these years wasn't talent, it was coaching.

XoPhinsoX
08-20-2003, 12:46 PM
With 2 star tackles, 2 star corners, a star LB core, you WOULD think their D would be better :lol:

Oh, don't forget their pro bowl safeties too!

Baz
08-20-2003, 02:58 PM
Can't wait to get his hands on Ricky, huh? I'm actually curious as to how that would turn out. Ricky has already stated that he loves to runover players who have a reputation as a hard-hitter. This Buffalo game is going to be interesting......

Dolfan984
08-20-2003, 04:54 PM
Nah he'll just run around him like he did Harrison of the Chargers (now Pats) last year. ;)