PDA

View Full Version : What happened to Brennan

dlockz
02-08-2008, 02:30 AM
We got in this arguement major last year with certain gurus proclaiming Colt Brennan's greatness and how high he will go in draft.I argued that by the time he is up for draft he will be so scrutinized that he will drop. So what about him has made him drop as I predicted. What has changed from last year to this one, did mobile kill him. I still think he is a decent prospect later in the draft but what has he done to fall from a possible 1st rounder in some minds at least here to being projected past the fifth round.

Majpain
02-08-2008, 02:36 AM
Wont be shocked if he is the last QB taken.

Has to much going against him.

#1 Fan
02-08-2008, 02:48 AM
the sugar and senior bowls

zach8111
02-08-2008, 02:52 AM
lets see...
sugar bowl
senior bowl
weight (185 lbs)
concussions (2 his senior year)
his system he played in college....

the list goes on.

reese13
02-08-2008, 03:42 AM
georgia's defense happended to him

Conuficus
02-08-2008, 09:13 AM
He can't push the ball outside of the numbers and get away with it in the pros. His lack of "power" in his throws might make people wary, as defenders know he can't get it past about 35 yards with any steam. he might have the brains and the moxy, but with his arm it will be a long shot.

Ghetti13
02-08-2008, 01:21 PM
It is not that something happened to him. It is simply that the media's perception of him did not match the reality. This happens all the time. Then, when a guy drops, the media acts like it was something he did recently, when, in essence, it is simply that they were wrong about the guy from the get go.

There are a handful of players that are still highly rated by the media where I think this is still going to happen.

adamprez2003
02-08-2008, 03:28 PM
We got in this arguement major last year with certain gurus proclaiming Colt Brennan's greatness and how high he will go in draft.I argued that by the time he is up for draft he will be so scrutinized that he will drop. So what about him has made him drop as I predicted. What has changed from last year to this one, did mobile kill him. I still think he is a decent prospect later in the draft but what has he done to fall from a possible 1st rounder in some minds at least here to being projected past the fifth round.

The scary part to me is that the Beck and Brennan crowds had about a 90% overlap. Most (not all) Brennan fans were Beck fans last year. Of course very few will admit to being for Brennan anymore

MrTree
02-08-2008, 03:43 PM
The scary part to me is that the Beck and Brennan crowds had about a 90% overlap. Most (not all) Brennan fans were Beck fans last year. Of course very few will admit to being for Brennan anymore

Negatori ghost rider. I didn't want to touch any of those Hawaii run and gun qbs from the word go. I have felt that Beck's skill set will translate to the NFL when he is placed in an opportunity to have success however.

TotoreMexico
02-08-2008, 03:51 PM

You were a Joey Harrington supporter :rolleyes:

lbmclean_sj
02-08-2008, 04:11 PM
LOL

12 months ago he could cure cancer with his arm

now he is Timmy Chang Part Deux

Calgary sound like the perfect place for "Colt"

adamprez2003
02-08-2008, 04:25 PM
You were a Joey Harrington supporter :rolleyes: Only in relation to Culpepper. Still am as a matter of fact if the human knee ligament is involved :lol: My hate for Culpepper is pure:lol:

TotoreMexico
02-08-2008, 04:42 PM
Only in relation to Culpepper. Still am as a matter of fact if the human knee ligament is involved :lol: My hate for Culpepper is pure:lol:

:lol:

dlockz
02-08-2008, 04:55 PM

Brennan had major fans on this site and many of our so called gurus were pumping him as a first round pick, I find it amazing that he has lost so much luster even before the combine. I said all along that the luster would die when scrutinezed but still happened faster than I expected.

texasPHINSfan
02-08-2008, 05:57 PM
i think he has a cool visor on his helmet.

rev kev
02-11-2008, 12:00 PM
LOL

12 months ago he could cure cancer with his arm

now he is Timmy Chang Part Deux

Calgary sound like the perfect place for "Colt"

Good Joke...

As bad as the CFL is... Brennan can't play up here..., he can't make the throws to the sidelines... the field being too wide..., his arm is a noodle and I bet none of his vaunted WRs make a NFL starting roster...

Former HC June Jones played a little houdini and then bolted himself..