PDA

View Full Version : East Coast Sports mock/Derek Anderson speculation

jim1
02-09-2008, 11:45 AM
Has us taking Jake Long #1, see link for mock and Derek Anderson speculation at top of page

http://www.eastcoastsportsnews.com/08draft.html

alen1
02-09-2008, 12:29 PM
say no to jake

DUB
02-09-2008, 12:45 PM
say no to jake

I'd love to have Anderson, but not at that cost. I guess I'd rather Ryan at #1 and save the 3rd. Only time will tell.

C-HUCKS
02-09-2008, 12:56 PM
When did we get three 2nd round picks? And there is no way i make this trade!

finfan54
02-09-2008, 01:15 PM
They are floating crap for Cleveland.

#1dolphinsfan
02-09-2008, 01:20 PM
I dont want Derek Anderson he is a very overrated QB

Charlie Brown
02-09-2008, 01:21 PM
I wouldnt mind getting Derek Anderson, but not for our #1 pick! Hes good but not that good

Casas9425
02-09-2008, 01:48 PM
well chris mortensen reported yesterday that derek anderson has been flat out amazing at the pro bowl but man that price is steep

darsey
02-09-2008, 02:25 PM
that was a pretty thin story. Who in their right mind would give up the 1st (1st overall) and 3rd round picks for Anderson. This story was a reach from the beginning.

DOL-FAN92
02-09-2008, 03:24 PM

NE forfeited their 31st pick,so everyones draft choice moves up one after the 30th pick.We have the first overall draft choices in every round(except 5th),and the 3rd rounder we have becomes the last pick in the second round on DAY 1 of the draft.

rev kev
02-09-2008, 03:36 PM

Exactly ? :rolleyes:

rev kev
02-09-2008, 03:37 PM
NE forfeited their 31st pick,so everyones draft choice moves up one after the 30th pick.We have the first overall draft choices in every round(except 5th),and the 3rd rounder we have becomes the last pick in the second round on DAY 1 of the draft.

I see..., said the blind man :)

NorFlaFin
02-09-2008, 03:45 PM
If the Browns tender Anderson at 12 million per and guessing Brady Quinn is getting at least 6-8 million per season. Where is the Browns going to find cap space to resign their good players much less their draft picks?

18-20 million tied at one position? That's a colossal screwup cap wise

sceeto
02-09-2008, 03:46 PM
Didn't New England get Randy Moss for a fourth round pick? we're going to get a possible 1 year wonder type guy, who knows yet, with our 1st overall and 3rd rounder????? The guy who wrote this was definately HIGH!!!!!

rev kev
02-09-2008, 03:49 PM
Didn't New England get Randy Moss for a fourth round pick? we're going to get a possible 1 year wonder type guy, who knows yet, with our 1st overall and 3rd rounder????? The guy who wrote this was definately HIGH!!!!!

Dude youa re comparing apples and oranges... you are way off topic...

Moss had the power to force a trade... He was sulkin it up silly...

D Andersen no where's the same scenario..

Breed
02-09-2008, 05:25 PM
What's with all the people saying Anderson is no good, or Anderson's a 1 year wonder? He's 24 years old for Christ sake. People act like he's already hit his ceiling, when the reality is, he hasn't come close to reaching his ceiling. Chances are, you're not going to find a QB a 6'6 QB with his athleticsim and arm in the 2nd round. The only QB in the '08 draft class that has is talent is Joe Flacco, and he's really a boom or bust pick. Anderson is the much safer pick because he's actually had success at the NFL level. I'd have a hard time dealing the 32nd overall pick for DA, but if the Browns are willing to trade him for the Chargers pick, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

2413fanphins
02-09-2008, 06:14 PM
I just think some people don't want to jump the gun based on one year of outstanding football.
I think he probably has a better chance of continued success rather than failure. But you just never know.

I disagree that the only qb this year with talent is flacco. I think an argument can be made for just about any of them really.

He may be too expensive to trade for anyway. I haven't heard any contract numbers but I thought he already signed his extension. AM I wrong?

Breed
02-09-2008, 06:37 PM
I just think some people don't want to jump the gun based on one year of outstanding football.
I think he probably has a better chance of continued success rather than failure. But you just never know.

There is no such thing as a lock, I agree. But I like his chances of success, given his age, skill set and production.

I disagree that the only qb this year with talent is flacco. I think an argument can be made for just about any of them really.

I like the talent of Brohm, Ryan, Henne and Flacco. But in my opinion, only Flacco has comparable talent to DA.

Flacco aside, DA has better athleticism than Ryan, Brohm and Henne. Anderson also has better size and a better arm than any of those quarterbacks. And because DA has already had success at the NFL level, he's also the safer pick.

Back to Flacco, he has the best arm and the best athleticism of any of the big 4 quarterbacks. That doesn't mean he's the best prospect, just the one with the best tools to work with. Flacco probably has a little stronger arm than Anderson, but again, Anderson comes with less risk as he is a starting caliber QB right now. Flacco is probably a good 2 years away from being ready to start, and there's a lot more that go wrong with his development in that time frame. For the record, I think Brohm will end up as having the best career of any of the quarterbacks in this draft class.

He may be too expensive to trade for anyway. I haven't heard any contract numbers but I thought he already signed his extension. AM I wrong?

I haven't heard any news regarding DA signing an extension, I've only heard rumors about the possiblity of him signing an extension.

NamathDrunkLove
02-09-2008, 06:40 PM

In terms of overall talent I think Anderson has them beat. He has a very strong arm with good accuracy. He is also 6'6 and like 235 lbs. He can also scramble. To me I agree with breed. You can only compare him to Flaco. With anderson you are getting someone who is still really young at 24 and someone who has already had success in the NFL, to go along with the talent. I agree with what breed has said about not being opposed to trading our 2nd 2nd rounder for him. And no, he has not signed a contract yet. They are still disputing the contract length.

Bumpus
02-09-2008, 06:42 PM
Dude is a Pats fan ... look who he has falling to them at #7. :lol:

sceeto
02-09-2008, 08:34 PM
Dude youa re comparing apples and oranges... you are way off topic...

Moss had the power to force a trade... He was sulkin it up silly...

D Andersen no where's the same scenario..
I'm referring to the quality of player. I know they play different positions.
and "sulking it up silly' isn't really forcing a trade. If it works for both sides than usually they can get it done, with that as a little extra motivation. It hasn't worked for Chad Johnson.......yet?

I am Bane
02-09-2008, 11:15 PM
There is no such thing as a lock, I agree. But I like his chances of success, given his age, skill set and production.

I like the talent of Brohm, Ryan, Henne and Flacco. But in my opinion, only Flacco has comparable talent to DA.

Flacco aside, DA has better athleticism than Ryan, Brohm and Henne. Anderson also has better size and a better arm than any of those quarterbacks. And because DA has already had success at the NFL level, he's also the safer pick.

Back to Flacco, he has the best arm and the best athleticism of any of the big 4 quarterbacks. That doesn't mean he's the best prospect, just the one with the best tools to work with. Flacco probably has a little stronger arm than Anderson, but again, Anderson comes with less risk as he is a starting caliber QB right now. Flacco is probably a good 2 years away from being ready to start, and there's a lot more that go wrong with his development in that time frame. For the record, I think Brohm will end up as having the best career of any of the quarterbacks in this draft class.

I haven't heard any news regarding DA signing an extension, I've only heard rumors about the possiblity of him signing an extension.

Any and everything that Miami does quarterback wise is going to be a wait and see experiment, its gonna be a break or bust. Anderson has NFL experience and did a great job, once again i'll mention probably the best job putting up numbers like this since Kosar.

then you got Flacco who has a strong arm and is a big guy in the pocket. i noticed he threw a lot behind his WR's in intermediate game, plus will struggle with footwork, he has been out of a shot-gun style offense all through college... timing and reading defenses during dropback will be newer lessons to him.

Henne is completely immobile, and cannot handle pressure, throws off backfoot, throw into coverages, makes bad decissions when under pressure. otherwise, when has time, he can step up and deliver beautiful, strong throws with accuracy. but NFL is faster, more pressure, i dont see Henne really having a good career in the NFL.

Ryan is a great QB, shifty in the pocket, can move outside pocket and deliver accurate throws all over the field. not the best of arms, but puts it where needed and is always looking downfield. mind you he did everything this year without a great surrounding cast. good leader, great machanics, i like him... but for Parcells to draft him #1, we gotta be sure he is the guy to come in and take us palces... he HAS to be the man.

2413fanphins
02-10-2008, 12:24 PM
In terms of overall talent I think Anderson has them beat. He has a very strong arm with good accuracy. He is also 6'6 and like 235 lbs. He can also scramble. To me I agree with breed. You can only compare him to Flaco. With anderson you are getting someone who is still really young at 24 and someone who has already had success in the NFL, to go along with the talent. I agree with what breed has said about not being opposed to trading our 2nd 2nd rounder for him. And no, he has not signed a contract yet. They are still disputing the contract length.

I never disputed anderson had them beat. I said I disagreed that the only qb coming out in the draft was flacco. I like everything about derek anderson.

I wasn't sure about the contract extension, I thought for some reason I had read he signed a 3 year deal, but obviously I was wrong.

Flacco, has to be a project imo. Sure he has all the tools to be a good qb.
Did he even play much in division 1 before transferring.

It would take time to make the transition I think.

as far as anderson goes. I would make a trade with one of our second rounders. Even moreso if we traded down and picked up some more picks.

CC Coach
02-10-2008, 12:38 PM
Trade with Dallas.
Get 2 no. 1 picks. Then trade one of those to Cleveland for Anderson.
They still get a good player with the other no. 1 pick and a proven QB.

GCD960
02-10-2008, 01:55 PM

Doesnt that make it (2) 1st rounders and (2) 2nd rounders?