lbmclean_sj
02-12-2008, 11:55 PM
the illini guy

Boston
02-12-2008, 11:56 PM
to Ian Johnson ;)

Madman29
02-13-2008, 12:16 AM
It is shocking but i honestly dont see what is so great about Macfadden. I mean he was a great college player but I dont know if his style of running will work in the nfl. Every highlight i have seen from him, is him outrunning everyone to the sideline and then up the sideline. Maybe I am wrong I am not an expert. I especially don't see the comparisons to Adrian Peterson.

#1dolphinsfan
02-13-2008, 12:25 AM
IMO he isnt better then his Back up Felix Jones

209Mason
02-13-2008, 12:30 AM
the illini guy

Mendenhall?

I think he's going to be a stud. He did have more yards per carry and TD's than McFadden this year... and didn't Arkansas kind of lay a turd in the bowl game? and McFadden had 100 yards and a TD? I know Mendenhall had atleast that.

Majpain
02-13-2008, 12:30 AM
If I could have McFad or Felix Id take Felix.

No point drafting Reggie JR.

tl77
02-13-2008, 01:13 AM
i hope j jones is still in love with him around draft time

#1dolphinsfan
02-13-2008, 01:23 AM

yea i agree i think Felix is a Better all around Back what McFad does in college wont happen in the Pros if he lines up at QB it will most likly be a run and he will not out run the Deffenses i dont think he will be that good in the NFL

Majpain
02-13-2008, 02:24 AM
Plus McFad holds the ball like a loaf of bread. Fumbles way to much.

zach8111
02-13-2008, 02:30 AM
to Ian Johnson ;)
rashard mendenhall not boise state

zach8111
02-13-2008, 02:31 AM
he might not be the best RB. but he is the best al around play. kind of like reggie bush. best all around ubt not
rb

NorFlaFin
02-13-2008, 07:44 AM
i hope j jones is still in love with him around draft time

Agreed, this absolutely sucks for the Phins. Parcels/Ireland needs a huge clearcut no1 at the top of the board increase the value of the no1 pick and entice other teams to trade up.

DMac was that guy

cnc66
02-13-2008, 07:59 AM
Man, I remember all the "we MUST draft mcfadden" threads we had to endure... I was never sold on him being a number one pick value, especially with Ronnie on our roster.

Just Win Baby
02-13-2008, 10:58 AM

I see very little similarities between bush and McFadden

Ghetti13
02-13-2008, 11:55 AM
Mendenhall is a significantly better back than McFadden. It ain't even close.

In fact, I think Jonathan Stewart is also better than McFadden.

McFadden has great speed and acceleration. Thats it. Vision is questionable. Power is questionable. Build is abysmal. So on and so forth.

JT-forpresident
02-13-2008, 11:56 AM
Agreed, this absolutely sucks for the Phins. Parcels/Ireland needs a huge clearcut no1 at the top of the board increase the value of the no1 pick and entice other teams to trade up.

DMac was that guy

In fact, Atlanta is the key to our trade down scenarios.... they need RB and QB DESPERATLY ! basically, we have to entertain trade talks with teams who wanna get a hand on D-Mac OR Matt Ryan and pick before Atlanta, because no one will ever find out which way they will go on day1, it is the less predictable pick (IMO they'll go Ryan, because he has more potential than Dmac, but the QB class is so deep, they may wait to 2nd round to get one.. it's real hard to figure out)

Oh, and BTW forget about Dallas trading up for D-Mac at the number one overrall... Jones is aware that he will fall a little and may trade up to a cheaper price... or simply draft Felix Jones that is as good as McFadden

blackthought
02-13-2008, 12:59 PM
Mayock will eat his words. All this is, is his attempt to gain press. You'll notice later on in the draft process he'll change his tune, mark my words. Even in his interview on NFL Network, he set himself up for an out by saying he saw "three" only "three" tapes on McFadden and made his decision. He's a jerk feeling the heat from Charles Davis, M. Kiper, and Adam S. He's a person that easily can be replaced, and its wrong of him to throw dirt on McFadden in his aatempt at saving his job. McFadden will rise above this though. Check the rest of his top 20, many of the players listed aren't even locks for the first, and some of them are seen as mid to late second round guys (B. Flowers and P. Merling)

Ghetti13
02-13-2008, 01:54 PM
I agree with Mayock on this one.