PDA

View Full Version : MERGED: PATS cheaters since 2000

Madman29
02-14-2008, 01:12 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/football/nfl/02/13/specter.goodell.ap/index.html

The Aqua Crush
02-14-2008, 01:14 AM
Nice to see a link, i wasn't going to look in the thread. Just looked and saw and figured: yeah nice lookin' statement

houtz
02-14-2008, 01:19 AM
Great find. I think we all knew the Cheatriots have been shady for years.

SarahAnn
02-14-2008, 01:19 AM
Nice to see a link, i wasn't going to look in the thread. Just looked and saw and figured: yeah nice lookin' statement

I heard about this on ESPN. I'm split between "Hey, at least hes showin some honesty" and "This guy openly admits to having cheated for the last 7 seasons and hes STILL coaching?"

At the same time I'm of the mentality "If you aren't cheating, you aren't doing enough to win"

Of course he did get caught so now he must pay the consequences. String him up, take the championships away, and actually make an example out of someone.

JamesBW43
02-14-2008, 01:22 AM
I heard about this on ESPN. I'm split between "Hey, at least hes showin some honesty" and "This guy openly admits to having cheated for the last 7 seasons and hes STILL coaching?"

At the same time I'm of the mentality "If you aren't cheating, you aren't doing enough to win"

Of course he did get caught so now he must pay the consequences. String him up, take the championships away, and actually make an example out of someone.

Too bad Goodell seems to be protecting them... destroying the spygate tapes and what not.

X-Pacolypse
02-14-2008, 01:22 AM
Figures. Their "dynasty" was a sham, and now everybody knows it. Suck on that, ESPN.

The Aqua Crush
02-14-2008, 01:23 AM

I was having a hard time voting on the poll for an appropriate punishment, but Banning Belichuck from the NFL forever wasn't an answer. I had to go with lose 2009 First round pick. Because well that would be great.

I think he crossed the preverbial ethics line. I hope they get more tarnishing because its one thing to review film but to try to get secrets is not honest and not what i expect the nfl to be about.

(ps, nice 48th for Alex the G8. I want Iginla to win the Hart, but the way AO is playing you can't deny he's the best player in the league. and Matt greene is from Calgary! He's progressed nicely this year)

Dolphin39
02-14-2008, 01:27 AM
Belicheat integrity verses Shula integrity..there's NO comparison.

The Aqua Crush
02-14-2008, 01:30 AM
Its sorta like a decade long nightmare where the patriots were actually a really reputable great team with success and admiration from the world of the nfl, all to wake up and realize that is was tainted and they were nothing but cheaters.Is it christmas?

resnor
02-14-2008, 02:11 AM
I'm getting really sick and tired of the stinking government wasting tax dollars holding all these meetings about sports. Between the Clemens thing, and this, it's costing the American taxpayer tons of money. Worry about fixing the government before you worry about trying to "fix" professional sports.

GRYPHONK
02-14-2008, 02:22 AM
I'm getting really sick and tired of the stinking government wasting tax dollars holding all these meetings about sports. Between the Clemens thing, and this, it's costing the American taxpayer tons of money. Worry about fixing the government before you worry about trying to "fix" professional sports.

LOL u talk as if your wallet is truly hurting from this!!!

I am glad they stepped in. Hope they continue, why should greats like Nolan Ryan/ Hank Aaron/ Don Shula etc.... be beaten by people who cheated the game?

Why should I waste money to go watch a game that has been influenced one way and isn't 100% fair or legit.

The great thing about Sports is it helps distract us from all the craziness going on in the world and in our own country. You take that away things will get worse before they get better. I can't enjoy Baseball anymore simply because the integrity of the game has been compromised. If that happens with Foot ball I would personally be very disappointed

DeeperImage
02-14-2008, 02:37 AM
LOL u talk as if your wallet is truly hurting from this!!!

I am glad they stepped in. Hope they continue, why should greats like Nolan Ryan/ Hank Aaron/ Don Shula etc.... be beaten by people who cheated the game?

Why should I waste money to go watch a game that has been influenced one way and isn't 100% fair or legit.

The great thing about Sports is it helps distract us from all the craziness going on in the world and in our own country. You take that away things will get worse before they get better. I can't enjoy Baseball anymore simply because the integrity of the game has been compromised. If that happens with Foot ball I would personally be very disappointed

I agree with your post. I really think Roger Goodell needs to be fired for what he did. Who in their right mind destroys evidence? He even admits that the investigation was not even finished yet. He saw something that would probably implicate or warrant BB's head on a stick.

I really hope the government steps in fully. Now I know for sure my tax dollars are being spent on something useful. :lol:

Deof Movestofca
02-14-2008, 03:10 AM
Too bad Goodell seems to be protecting them... destroying the spygate tapes and what not.That's the thing that I find the most questionable. Why not hand the tapes over to the team that was being taped?
Furthermore, there are those that argue that Belicheat wouldn't haven't gained that much advantage from the tapes anyway. But then Godell decides to destroy the tapes because he thinks they would give an unfair advantage YEARS after they were taped.

Just one question though: what does all have this have to do with the 'Phins?

Deof Movestofca
02-14-2008, 03:18 AM
I'm getting really sick and tired of the stinking government wasting tax dollars holding all these meetings about sports. Between the Clemens thing, and this, it's costing the American taxpayer tons of money. Worry about fixing the government before you worry about trying to "fix" professional sports.I think the argument that because the NFL tax subsidies for stadiums- as well as protection from anti-trust laws- the government has the right and responsibility to make sure that the games aren't tainted by unfair advantage. Or something like that. Not saying I necessarily agree, just that that's the argument as far as I understand it.

late again
02-14-2008, 07:45 AM

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/18/1832.html

Itsdahumidity
02-14-2008, 10:30 AM
Wow, say it TAINT so. Honestly pats fans, can you even muster enough strength to defend this from now until forever? All 3 SB titles at best are in question.

FinsFan74
02-14-2008, 11:07 AM
Should we be surprised? I think not! All Super Bowls have been tainted with the Belicheat 2000....it slices, it dices, it spies on opponents
http://www6.comcast.net/sports/articles/nfl/2008/02/12/Goodell-Specter/

FinsFan74
02-14-2008, 11:16 AM
You can even go to fannation.com and "reply" about whether you think Belicheck is being honest about not knowing you couldn't videotape!

TurkishFin99
02-14-2008, 11:42 AM
Wow. It looks as if things might come tumbling down in Boston... Rightfully so...

HaRdKoReXXX
02-14-2008, 11:51 AM
Sorry if this was already posted, appears to be no end to BB's deception.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3244687

One other note, the fact that Goddell did not release this information before he was investigated by Congress is discpicable. Ive lost all respect for the NFL brass.

Iroquois Joe
02-14-2008, 12:02 PM
Belicheat integrity verses Shula integrity..there's NO comparison.

http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/shulahula.htm

Iroquois Joe
02-14-2008, 12:07 PM
Here is another one.

http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/cheatriots.htm

HaRdKoReXXX
02-14-2008, 12:11 PM
Merge Please

Mike13
02-14-2008, 12:17 PM
There is no defending them now, Belicheat Spat in the Face of the NFL.
Ban Hammer the mother****er.

Agua
02-14-2008, 12:34 PM
Ya, Bellichick has probably amassed quite a bit of info on signals of all teams over the last 7 years. That's why he and all his assistants, anyone with access to their records, need to be banned from football. Alternatively, every team is going to have to generate new signal systems and the Pats* need to face some PUNITIVE treatment from the league.

satz
02-14-2008, 02:11 PM
Ya,Alternatively, every team is going to have to generate new signal systems .

Every team for a fact change their signals game to game and also with 3 assistance giving signals which is the correct coordinator is known only to the players for that game.

phinphever
02-14-2008, 04:13 PM
I think the dung is gonna hit the fan so to speak. lol couldn't happen to a nicer guy, NOT!!!

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Bill Belichick has been illegally taping opponents' defensive signals since he became the New England Patriots (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/nwe/;_ylt=Arz3Endow.TJP.wA4h8ONQsdsLYF)' coach in 2000, according to Sen. Arlen Specter, who said NFL commissioner Roger Goodell told him that during a meeting Wednesday.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-goodell-specter&prov=ap&type=lgns

SpaceMountain16
02-14-2008, 04:15 PM
I knew we couldn't possibly have lost that 02-03 Patriots last game of the season legitimately.

phinfan33
02-14-2008, 04:18 PM
no surprise there...look at his coaching record when he was with Cleveland...he then goes to N.E. and his IQ jumps 100 points overnight,and he becomes a genius? come on now

Fin-omenal
02-14-2008, 04:25 PM
Well if the NFL wants to prove its not baseball then a 1 year suspension is the MINIMUM they should give Belechik.

If this were college football the SB titles would be taken away along with DIV titles...

6r3yf0x
02-14-2008, 04:31 PM

The NFL Commissioner said today in front of Congress that they had evidence that the Patriots and Belicheck has been cheating since 2000.

Break out the astereks! :woot:

SpaceMountain16
02-14-2008, 04:32 PM
I heard this two days ago

That Belichick had admitted to Goodell he'd been using his "illegal tactics" since 2000.

dolpns13
02-14-2008, 04:39 PM

The NFL Commissioner said today in front of Congress that they had evidence that the Patriots and Belicheck has been cheating since 2000.

i hope they take away all their championships and lombardy trophies

SabanHater
02-14-2008, 04:41 PM
he'll retire. he can't take the heat.

HaRdKoReXXX
02-14-2008, 04:57 PM
I don't know about you guys, but I never get tired of hearing how the Pats and BB are cheaters! Yes, Super Bowl's, Division titles, Heisman Trophies, Final Four appearances... Take it all away! :hi5:

WooDaviDolphins
02-14-2008, 05:45 PM
I don't know about you guys, but I never get tired of hearing how the Pats and BB are cheaters! Yes, Super Bowl's, Division titles, Heisman Trophies, Final Four appearances... Take it all away! :hi5:

Take it all away!!!!:up:

At least put the ****************** on his records like Shula suggested.

McCool
02-14-2008, 06:13 PM
It's amazing how the guy can get caught cheating in the beginning of the season, and the AP gave him the coach of the year award. Only in America can you lie and cheat and be praised for it. Hell, Bush stole an election and waged his own personel war so he and his friends could get richer, AND he got re-elected. He should be hung for treasen. Belichick and the Pats should be stripped of all there false accompishments, and Bill should be kicked out of the league.

Predaphin
02-14-2008, 06:14 PM
Wow. Let's sit down and think about all this for a minute.

Bellicheck has been cheating since 2000. The Patriots have been amongst the top teams since 2000. The Patriots get caught cheating in 2007, the same year they stacked the team with talent. But in the end, cheating or no cheating they lost the big game.

Now imagine what the patriots will be like without having the ability to cheat. What a mess.

Agua
02-14-2008, 06:55 PM
Now imagine what the patriots will be like without having the ability to cheat. What a mess.

Let's HOPE something can be done to keep them from further cheating. In light of the slight treatment given by Goddell to the Pats*, I strongly doubt anything will happen unless he is just forced to through pressure.

Nice huh? The league just just all turn into a competition as to who can come up with the best way to cheat. Why not? The worst that will happen is you lose a draft pick - not a bad trade off for 7 years of cheating and SBs, huh?

Bonedoc7777
02-14-2008, 08:40 PM
tax payer money is involved in the league so they have every right to over see possibile cheating scandals

Deof Movestofca
02-14-2008, 09:38 PM
It's amazing how the guy can get caught cheating in the beginning of the season, and the AP gave him the coach of the year award. Only in America can you lie and cheat and be praised for it. Hell, Bush stole an election and waged his own personel war so he and his friends could get richer, AND he got re-elected. He should be hung for treasen. Belichick and the Pats should be stripped of all there false accompishments, and Bill should be kicked out of the league.
What's even more amazing is how he went from a coach that had only one winning season in five years with the Cleveland Browns to one that had only one losing season (his first with the team) with the Patsies (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belichick). Coincidence?

late again
02-14-2008, 10:10 PM
What's even more amazing is how he went from a coach that had only one winning season in five years with the Cleveland Browns to one that had only one losing season (his first with the team) with the Patsies (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belichick). Coincidence?

Myself; I don't believe in coincidences.

Deof Movestofca
02-14-2008, 10:25 PM
Here is another one.

http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/cheatriots.htmI wanna see them come up with a cartoon showing the Patsies

CHOKING!

FinsGonnaRock06
02-15-2008, 12:34 AM
there run has lasted longer than any of the previous Dynasties in NFL history, Including the great Dolphin teams, Steelers, 49ers, etc. Come on it is beyond obvious they had an advantage. There lying, cheating, stealing ***** ought to be banned from the NFL FOREVER. this all makes me sick actually, think of how many coaches, players, and such have been on the losing end to these F'in cheaters, when they probably would of kicked there butts all over the place, without there "LITTLE" ADVANTAGE THEY HAD.
SICKENING!!!!!

brandon1986
02-15-2008, 02:21 AM
the NFL has to come down hard on the patriots for this, if not the talk of a cover up and goodell in with the patriots will get louder and louder

what pissed me off from the start is, the talking heads on tv wanted to blame the jets for mentioning this, they wanted this to be nothing they said it was nothing, the only person i saw who said it was nothing and has changed his mind since the new evidence is steve young

this tarnishes the patriots "dynasty. bb as a genius, and tom brady as the greatest qb ever

brady has had signals and knew the plays since he came into the league, he had the equivalent of the answers before a test, and to some of the talking heads it doesnt matter

i really love watching the patriots and there idiotic fans swirl down the toilet

MR NFLFAN
02-15-2008, 02:22 AM

Are you sure it wasn't in front of the President or perhaps the Pope? Your article linked says he told reporters but made no mention of him speaking to in front of the Congress.

FrankP
02-15-2008, 11:06 AM
Are you sure it wasn't in front of the President or perhaps the Pope? Your article linked says he told reporters but made no mention of him speaking to in front of the Congress.

True that... He just spoke to a Senator. Who NOW has support of congress
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3246788

So... I guess the next step is a Judiciary Committee...

Vertical Limit
02-15-2008, 12:17 PM
I like to stay consistent when commenting on any subject, whether it's a division rival, our team, or any team.

With all the evidence in place, everything should be forfeited. Broken records, Super Bowl titles, Division titles, etc.

I'm not quite sure what type of punishment they deserve. They will have the first round pick by default and the NFL can't really do anything about it as that was a trade from San Francisco and San Francisco already used that pick on Joe Staley.

One thing though, an asterisk is not enough. The media pretty much wipes their *** with an asterisk. Look at all the fame Barry Bonds got when he stole Hank's record, despite all the evidence of him using steroids.

Most annoying part, that pisses me off the most is the media. They see that team dominating so they worship them, and start to disrespect people like Don Shula for making comments about an asterisk should be in place, and people like Terry Bradshaw gets annoyed by Shula and starts saying **** like "AH FORGET ABOUT HIM. I HOPE THE PATRIOTS WIN ALL THE GAMES AND WIN IT ALL THIS SEASON FOR THE 1972 TEAM CAN SHUT UP"-- that's how much the media cares about it untill more evidence is in place.

I will say, I still do not think the Patriots cheated after the Jets game, and I still believe they would have finished with a 15-1 record and gone to the Super Bowl if the refs had not blown it against the Ravens. It was a great supporting cast, a great team. Really, I do not think they need to cheat to be successful. Just look at all their players.

Now if there is more evidence of any other type of cheating, then I will back off from that. I would not be surprised if there is any other type of cheating found.

BAMAPHIN 22
02-15-2008, 10:16 PM
Bill Belichick has been illegally taping opponents' defensive signals since he became the New England Patriots (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/teams/patriots)' coach in 2000, according to Sen. Arlen Specter, who said NFL commissioner Roger Goodell told him that during a meeting Wednesday.

"There was confirmation that there has been taping since 2000, when Coach Belichick took over," Specter said.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/football/nfl/02/13/specter.goodell.ap/index.html

Mr772
02-17-2008, 12:43 AM
Sorry if this was already posted, appears to be no end to BB's deception.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3244687

One other note, the fact that Goddell did not release this information before he was investigated by Congress is discpicable. Ive lost all respect for the NFL brass.

I think it's time someone showed Goodell the door. If this is true then he is dishonest and needs to be canned. I hope Specter shows no mercy in lodging his boot in the Pat's and Goodell's arse.

unluckyluciano
02-17-2008, 12:47 AM
I don't understand this. This isn't flag football on saturdays. These are legitimate businesses. So yes congress has every right to investigate them especially since oh I don't know millions of dollars are invested in them by gambling and other businesses.