PDA

View Full Version : Still In E-mail Draft.. Made 3 Picks.. Check It Out..

RUDEbyallMEANS
08-16-2003, 06:38 PM
I just started my first fantasy football draft yesterday.. It's dragging along very slowing and it's beginning to be a pain in the ars.. I had the 2nd pick in the first round and chose RICKY WILLIAMS.. I might of made a mistake there because Ladanian Tomlinson was still on the board with Portis being the first pick.. San Diego has a more capable pass game and a more stable o-line as of now.. But I went along and drafted another RB in 2nd round.. JAMAL LEWIS.. 3rd round I hesitated to pick this guy being he's a rival to my favorite team but had to pick him over Plaxico Burress because I'm not so sure Maddox will be the same.. So in the 3rd round I chose ERIC MOULDS..

The league rules are..
1 point for every 25 passing yards
1 point for every 10 rushing yards
1 point per 10 receiving yards
4 points for passing TD
6 points per rushing TD
6 points per receiving TD
1 QB, 2RB, 3 WR/TE, 1 Def/SPT, 1 Kicker

I'm looking to choose a QB in rounds 6-8 while I pile up on RB's and WR's.. This is my first Fantasy League, so criticism required if needed.. Thanks

sec15
08-19-2003, 05:03 PM
If you can pick up one of the three big TE's in the fourth round - Heap, Gonzalez or Shockey, you'd be doing well...

TypicalBill
08-19-2003, 05:25 PM
like Sec said... picking up one of the top 3 TE would give you flexibility in the later rounds, especially with your league's settings. If you miss one of those 3, dont choose the next best TE in the next few rounds, instead, go with the WR and RB unless a scrambling QB like Brooks falls to you..a scrabling QB is VERY valuable in your league... and since it is, take a chance with Vick in the 9th round at the earliest, cuz then, he'd be worth the risk.

So far, a very solid draft.

Emskirch
08-19-2003, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by RUDEbyallMEANS
I just started my first fantasy football draft yesterday.. It's dragging along very slowing and it's beginning to be a pain in the ars.. I had the 2nd pick in the first round and chose RICKY WILLIAMS.. I might of made a mistake there because Ladanian Tomlinson was still on the board with Portis being the first pick.. San Diego has a more capable pass game and a more stable o-line as of now.. But I went along and drafted another RB in 2nd round.. JAMAL LEWIS.. 3rd round I hesitated to pick this guy being he's a rival to my favorite team but had to pick him over Plaxico Burress because I'm not so sure Maddox will be the same.. So in the 3rd round I chose ERIC MOULDS..

The league rules are..
1 point for every 25 passing yards
1 point for every 10 rushing yards
1 point per 10 receiving yards
4 points for passing TD
6 points per rushing TD
6 points per receiving TD
1 QB, 2RB, 3 WR/TE, 1 Def/SPT, 1 Kicker

I'm looking to choose a QB in rounds 6-8 while I pile up on RB's and WR's.. This is my first Fantasy League, so criticism required if needed.. Thanks

Personally I would have taken LT in the first round. But either way, you can't go wrong.

Second round and Jamal Lewis is a solid pickup, and your strat of back to back RB's is what I have used for 10 years playing FF.

Third round I would have gone Burress instead of Moulds, but honestly if your gut tells you to take Moulds then its a good pick.

If Shockey is on the board, I would hold my breath until the 5th round (if its a 10-12 team league) if you don't get shockey go right after Heap or Gonzo.

Next round I would take the best player on the board. In several drafts this year, Gannon has fallen to the fourth round, and may be your best selection, if you want to stay with your plan, take the best available WR.

Either way, keep us updated!

RUDEbyallMEANS
08-19-2003, 11:58 PM
Thanks for your all your info.'s.. Vick was chosen in the first round on Saturday before he was injured.. I didnt think choosing a top TE would be valuable since it would be a WR vs a TE and a WR's numbers are more than likely better than a TE's numbers.. I have 4 rounds left in my 17 round draft and I have 4 picks left.. So far, this is what I have..

Brees, Drew SDC QB - 6
Green, Trent KCC QB - 9
Holcomb, Kelly CLE QB - 9
McNair, Steve TEN QB - 9

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bettis, Jerome PIT RB - 7
Duckett, T.J. ATL RB - 8
Lewis, Jamal BAL RB - 5
Williams, Ricky MIA RB - 4

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Driver, Donald GBP WR - 8
Morgan, Quincy CLE WR - 9
Moulds, Eric BUF WR - 9
Reed, Josh BUF WR - 9
Toomer, Amani NYG WR - 4

With 4 picks left, I'm going for Derrius Thompson and another WR in 15th round and then get a kicker/Defense with my last 2 picks.. Heap lasted all the way to the 13th round but I felt Derrius would put up better numbers than he would with BAltimores QB being a rookie and very questionable.. It was a gut instinct and may be a bad one.. I'm already sold on Derrius with my next pick and might go for Kicker Wilkins from the Rams in round 15 if I dont like the RB's or WR's left.. I'm looking for Oaklands defense to be there in round 16 or 17.. Let me know what you think.. Thanks...

UT-Phinz
08-20-2003, 12:09 AM
Two of the big RB sleeper picks that I've seen falling through the crack and have capatalized on in a few of my drafts have been Correll Buckhalter and Onterrio Smith.

Every day that Staley holds out hurts him worse and puts him further into Andy Reid's doghouse... and last year the Eagles wanted Buckhalter to be their starter over Staley before he was injured anyways, so the point is already kinda moot if Buckhalter can stay healthy...

Onterrio Smith is obviously a rookie this year, but rookie RBs tend to be able to produce in their first year unlike rookie WRs. Mike Tice has already stated that Doug Chapman is the starter in week 1 because he won't open up in Green Bay with a rookie anchoring the team, but I really would not be surprised at all if Smith is playing by the 3rd or 4th series, and is the starter after week 2. Chapman is a workhorse, but he lacks speed, explosiveness, and elusiveness... all things that Smith has in the same mold of Michael Bennett. The downside of Smith is that you have no idea when Michael Bennett's foot will be healed enough that he can play, so he may only hold value for the first half of the year.

My super sleeper WR that I've been getting is Marc Boerigter. Yeah... he's a white boy, but that dude can burn DBs like I've never seen before. KC has already stated that they will be playing alot more 3 and 4 receiver sets to take advantage of the skills that Boerigter and Dante Hall bring to the table because Eddie Kennison and Johnnie Morton have left alot to be desired as the #1 and #2. I'm looking for Boerigter to more than double his catches this year, probably hauling in around 50 or more, and to easily clear 1,000 yards and 10 TDs.

RUDEbyallMEANS
08-20-2003, 12:17 AM
UT-Phinz.. Thats good to know about Boerigter.. He's still on the board in the 14th round.. Should I go for Derrius Thompson or Beorigter?? Which one has the better chance of falling to the 15th round??

RUDEbyallMEANS
08-20-2003, 12:25 AM
WR's left with 4 picks left..
Chrebet, Steve Smith, Hilliard, Johnnie Morton, Brian Finneran, David Patten, D'Wayne Bates, Tim Brown, Keenan Mccardell, Kennison, Gilmore, Jurevicious, Kevin Johnson, Peter Warrick, Bill Schroeder, Ed Mcaffrey, David Terrell, Andre Davis, Bryant Johnson, Tim Dwight, Caldwell, Dennis Northcut, Deion Branch, Javon Walker, Troy Edwards, Tery Glenn, Freddie Mitchell, Ron Dixon and other along with Derrius and Boerigter..

UT-Phinz
08-20-2003, 12:39 AM
Of all the WRs you listed, Boerigter is the highest rated on my lists and cheat sheets.

He didn't play alot last year, and I'm not sure exactly why. Only caught 20 balls through the whole season. However, with those 20 balls he went over 420 yards and scored 8 touchdowns. That's a 21 YPC average and he scores every 2 and a half times he gets the rock. He had a 59 yard TD in KC's preseason game last week where he juked a DB out of his jockstrap and flew by him like he was standing still.

All the current reports indicate he'll have a much bigger role in KCs offense this year, and obviously Trent Green is no slouch when it comes to delivering the ball so don't have much worry from that side of the fence. I'd jump on him.

RUDEbyallMEANS
08-20-2003, 05:16 AM
UT.. If Boerigter is picked by the time I choose, which WR would you go for???

UT-Phinz
08-20-2003, 05:58 AM
With your scoring system not giving a bonus point per reception, the number of balls that the WR catches isn't relevant... so based upon that these are the rankings that I personally have given for the talent level right around where you are drafting right now... I have both the team they play for as well as their bye week listed.

29. C Chambers MIA 4
30. J Thrash PHI 3
31. M Boerigter KC 9
32. T Streets SF 10
33. K Johnson CLE 9
34. S Moss NYJ 5
35. R Gardner WAS 8
36. T Brown OAK 8
37. M Muhammad CAR 3
38. R Wayne IND 7
39. A Lelie DEN 10
40. A Bryant DAL 3
41. K McCardell TB 4
42. J Galloway DAL 3
43. W Chrebet NYJ 5
44. J Reed BUF 9
45. S Smith CAR 3
46. J Morton KC 9
47. J Jurevicius TB 4
48. B Schroeder DET 6
49. P Warrick CIN 6
50. T Pinkston PHI 3
51. J McCareins TEN 9
52. R Ferguson GB 8
53. J Smith JAC 7
54. E McCaffrey DEN 10

So, based upon my current up to date as of today rankings, I'd go with Kevin Johnson from Cleveland. He is their #2 starting WR after Quincy Morgan, although Dennis Northcutt could challenge him for playing time a little bit. Whoever is #2 in Cleveland should be decent with Holcomb recently being named the starter. He's a much better passer than Tim Couch is...

Tim Brown is the next one down on the list there... but I'm really not very high on him at all. It seems like he catches alot of balls... sure... but they are always for 4 to 8 yards apiece, and he hardly ever has any run after the catch, and very rarely finds the end zone. He's become so much of a possession receiver that I really don't want to touch him. I'd rather take my chances elsewhere.

The other guy I'd be looking at which you didn't list, so I'm not sure if he's still available or already been drafted... is Ashley Lelie from Denver. Although currently the reports out of Denver are that Rod Smith is the clear cut #1 starter, Ashley Lelie has been incredibly impressive and Ed McCaffrey is getting older and also had to have offseason surgery to correct a chronic groin problem. Even if Lelie is the #3 in Denver, he will by far outproduce Eddie Mac because he has the skills and the talent while Eddie's production has really suffered over the past few seasons. Ashley Lelie is also the future #1 WR in Denver, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him assume the #2 position sometime this season after Shanahan realizes he's alot more productive than McCaffrey.

As far as my personal rankings, they ARE NOT based upon last years numbers alone which is the way lot of people will draft. Last years numbers are a record of what the player did last year, and don't have a tremendous effect upon current value. My rankings take into effect things like injuries, personnell changes in the ball club, coaching effects and changes, and are based upon the most current news I can get. I check for NFL updates about 4 times every day, and I'm a Fantasy Nut...

Oh, and I forgot to answer your previous question about which one would be there in the 15th... I'd wager to say they will both be there. Derrius Thompson hasn't been drafted at all in any of my leagues, and Boerigter isn't widely known about so he tends to get overlooked pretty often... although Gil Brandt from NFL.com's Fantasy staff has him ranked even higher than I do. You can check out Brandt's latest WR rankings at:

http://www.nfl.com/fantasy/story/6565391

Good luck on the draft!

RUDEbyallMEANS
08-20-2003, 06:13 AM
Wow.. Great info UT.. I appreciate your help.. This is my first time playing Fantasy Football and maybe I'll be much better at this next year.. :D

UT-Phinz
08-20-2003, 06:43 AM
Not a problem at all. This is actually only my 2nd season in Fantasy Football. I had such a great time last year that I am sorta obsessed now. Last year I competed in a single league which was done among employees at my place of work. This year I'm in 7 different leagues, although only 2 of those leagues are with people I don't personally know. One is a Yahoo competetive Public league, and the other was started here on Finheaven by Barbarian for those of us who wanted to all jump into a league together.

If you want any other information, tips... whatever... don't hesitate to throw up a post or even send me a PM. I'm obsessed with Fantasy Football for life from now on.

Oh, and here's a tip for ya... Fantasy Leagues aren't won on draft day, although that is a good start. They are won by keeping updated on news and information regarding injuries and other events throughout the year, and having alot of depth on your squad so that you can play matchups in some weeks.

Obviously you won't ever sit Eric Moulds and probably won't sit Amani Toomer, but there are weeks when I'd play Quincy Morgan over Donald Driver and vice versa depending upon who their opponent is. One example is that historically Green Bay and Favre tend to do very badly when playing against the Vikings in the Metrodome, and what do you know... that's where they are in week #1. I'd definitely play Quincy Morgan instead who is matching up against the DBs in Indy... Indianapolis isn't exactly known for their cornerbacks, are they? :hitself:

UT-Phinz
08-20-2003, 07:06 AM
Minor correction to my last post... the Vikings will be visiting Lambeau field for their first game of the year, not the other way around. Play Driver in week 1 with your #3 WR sport. :D

Emskirch
08-20-2003, 08:10 AM
Thanks for your all your info.'s.. Vick was chosen in the first round on Saturday before he was injured.. I didnt think choosing a top TE would be valuable since it would be a WR vs a TE and a WR's numbers are more than likely better than a TE's numbers.. I have 4 rounds left in my 17 round draft and I have 4 picks left.. So far, this is what I have..

Brees, Drew SDC QB - 6
Green, Trent KCC QB - 9
Holcomb, Kelly CLE QB - 9
McNair, Steve TEN QB - 9

Bettis, Jerome PIT RB - 7
Duckett, T.J. ATL RB - 8
Lewis, Jamal BAL RB - 5
Williams, Ricky MIA RB - 4

Driver, Donald GBP WR - 8
Morgan, Quincy CLE WR - 9
Moulds, Eric BUF WR - 9
Reed, Josh BUF WR - 9
Toomer, Amani NYG WR - 4

With 4 picks left, I'm going for Derrius Thompson and another WR in 15th round and then get a kicker/Defense with my last 2 picks.. Heap lasted all the way to the 13th round but I felt Derrius would put up better numbers than he would with BAltimores QB being a rookie and very questionable.. It was a gut instinct and may be a bad one.. I'm already sold on Derrius with my next pick and might go for Kicker Wilkins from the Rams in round 15 if I dont like the RB's or WR's left.. I'm looking for Oaklands defense to be there in round 16 or 17.. Let me know what you think.. Thanks...

Rude at this point I would try to get sleepers at the RB position, let Thompson pass, no one will draft him.

RUDEbyallMEANS
08-20-2003, 11:01 AM
Emzkirch, These are the RB's left on the board at the moment..

Emmitt Smith, Garrison Hearst, Moe Williams, Ladell Betts, Lamar Gordon, Jamel White, Dorsey Levens, Crockett, Davenport, Corey Schlesinger, Robert Holcomb, Mike Anderson, Antwain Womack, James Allen, MAurice Morris, Michael wiley, Tyrone Wheatley, Olandis Gary, Lamont Jordan, Shawon Bryson, Thomas Jones, Michael Pittman, Kenny Wattson, Fred Beasly, Aveion Cason, Tony Richardson, Doug Chapman, Aaron Stecker, Terry Kirby, Brian Westbrook, Larry Johnson, Deshaun Foster...

I'm not very impressed with this group and thats why I was going to go for 2 WR's the next 2 picks.. Larry Johnson maybe is one I can take a shot at since Priest had injury problems last eyar or maybe Lamar Gordon incase Masrshall goes down.. If you see anyone worth drafting higher than the WR's listed in my post above, let me know.. Thanks..

Emskirch
08-20-2003, 11:42 AM
Emzkirch, These are the RB's left on the board at the moment..

Emmitt Smith, Garrison Hearst, Moe Williams, Ladell Betts, Lamar Gordon, Jamel White, Dorsey Levens, Crockett, Davenport, Corey Schlesinger, Robert Holcomb, Mike Anderson, Antwain Womack, James Allen, MAurice Morris, Michael wiley, Tyrone Wheatley, Olandis Gary, Lamont Jordan, Shawon Bryson, Thomas Jones, Michael Pittman, Kenny Wattson, Fred Beasly, Aveion Cason, Tony Richardson, Doug Chapman, Aaron Stecker, Terry Kirby, Brian Westbrook, Larry Johnson, Deshaun Foster...

I'm not very impressed with this group and thats why I was going to go for 2 WR's the next 2 picks.. Larry Johnson maybe is one I can take a shot at since Priest had injury problems last eyar or maybe Lamar Gordon incase Masrshall goes down.. If you see anyone worth drafting higher than the WR's listed in my post above, let me know.. Thanks..

Yup, what you got there with that list is o bunch o crap, take two recievers....

RUDEbyallMEANS
08-20-2003, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by Emskirch
Yup, what you got there with that list is o bunch o crap

:lol: I thought so too..

RUDEbyallMEANS
08-20-2003, 06:15 PM
UT.. One pick right before mine in the 14th round was used on Boerigter. :lol: I was ready to draft him right there.. So then I went to the next best which was Kevin Johnson.. I have a question here though.. I might have put myself in alot of trouble with drafting Reed & Moulds from Buffalo and Kevin Johnson & Quincy Morgan from Cleveland.. Any thoughts on this?? In the 15th round, I went ahead and chose Derrius Thompson.. Thompson is a starter and I feel real good about this guys chances of breaking out this year.. So with my last 2 picks, I will choose a kicker and defense and that'll wrap it up.. I didnt know leagues would go crazy on defenses and kickers.. One team has 3 defenses and 2 kickers and 4 other teams have 2 kickers as well.. There's not much of a point differential on kickers though so I think I'll be alright if I go with Stover, Dawson or Nedney.. Kickers get 3 points per field goal under 50 and 5 points for 50+ and 1 point for Extra Point.. What do you have your kickers and defenses ranked??

UT-Phinz
08-21-2003, 12:08 AM
Hope this isn't too late for you to use. I work graves so I'm asleep all day long... :D

First, I'll give you my rankings for kickers and team defenses for ya... these are accurate from my standpoint up to about 2 days ago, but not completely current because last I heard Hayden Epstein was losing in the kicker battle in Minnesota. If your league is through Yahoo, they also don't have Josh Brown even added as a player, and he's gonna do good as a rookie for the Seahawks this year.

Kickers:

1. J Feely ATL 8
2. J Carney NO 10
3. D Akers PHI 3
4. J Elam DEN 10
5. S Janikowski OAK 8
6. M Vanderjagt IND 7
7. M Gramatica TB 4
8. J Wilkins STL 5
9. A Vinatieri NE 10
10. O Mare MIA 4
11. J Brown ® SEA 4
12. R Longwell GB 8
13. J Nedney TEN 9
14. M Andersen KC 9
15. J Reed PIT 7
16. M Hollis NYG 4
17. P Dawson CLE 9
18. H Epstein MIN 6
19. D Brien NYJ 5
20. M Stover BAL 5
21. J Chandler SF 10
22. J Kasay CAR 3
23. R Lindell BUF 9
24. N Rackers CIN 6
25. J Hall WAS 8
26. P Edinger CHI 3
27. D Boyd JAC 7
28. S Christie SD 6
29. J Hanson DET 6
30. B Gramatica ARI 7
31. B Cundiff DAL 3
32. K Brown HOU 5

Here's my current defensive team rankings:

1. Tampa Bay Buccaneers 4
2. Philadelphia Eagles 3
3. Miami Dolphins 4
4. Baltimore Ravens 5
5. Carolina Panthers 3
6. Pittsburgh Steelers 7
7. New England Patriots 10
8. New York Giants 4
9. Oakland Raiders 8
10. San Francisco 49ers 4
11. Tennessee Titans 9
12. New York Jets 5
13. Indianapolis Colts 7
14. Atlanta Falcons 8
15. Green Bay Packers 8
16. San Diego Chargers 6
17. Washington Redskins 8
18. Buffalo Bills 9
19. Dallas Cowboys 3
20. Cleveland Browns 9
21. Denver Broncos 10
22. New Orleans Saints 10
23. St. Louis Rams 5
24. Chicago Bears 3
25. Kansas City Chiefs 9
26. Houston Texans 5
27. Seattle Seahawks 10
28. Arizona Cardinals 7
29. Detroit Lions 6
30. Jacksonville Jaguars 7
31. Cincinnati Bengals 6
32. Minnesota Vikings 6

Also... here are the links to Gil Brandt's rankings for kickers on NFL.com. He hasn't ranked Defenses that I saw.

Kickers: http://www.nfl.com/fantasy/story/6550072

Alrighty... now for my personal commentary...

I wouldn't worry TOO much about having both of Buffalo and also both of Clevelands starting receivers. You will be starting your top three of Eric Moulds, Amani Toomer, and Donald Driver every single week except for when you have bye weeks and on occasion some favorable matchups. The other receivers on your roster are there for depth in case of an injury... I probably wouldn't spend both picks on a WR though, because you've already got alot of depth at WR for only having 3 positions that you can use one in.

Here's my take on RBs...

There are conceivably three RBs that I would suggest you take... besides me mentioning Correll Buckhalter and Onterrio Smith. If either of them are on the board, get 'em now. Other than that, I see three different possible RBs that may or may not pan out.

Doug Chapman from Minnesota. Mike Tice has already said that the Vikings ABSOLUTELY will not go into Green Bay with a rookie anchoring his backfield so Chapman gets the nod for the starting position. He's a work horse, but not explosive and doesn't have breakaway speed like Smith. On the other hand, he's a solid blocker which Smith is not. Smith will learn that over time, but as a rookie right now, he has a ways to go. I've heard talk that Smith may have won the starting job by week 2 or 3, and also heard talk that Tice may do an RB by committee and work both Chapman and Smith.

James Stewart from Detroit - I dunno why, but I've seen Stewart slip through the cracks in alot of my drafts. He's the guaranteed starter in Detroit... and while that isn't a great thing to be running the backfield in Detroit, he's still guaranteed 20 touches a game on the ground there. That's better than the situation in Tampa Bay... and speaking of that...

Thomas Jones from Tampa Bay - Depending upon what happens with Michael Pittman's criminal trial after week 2, there's a moderate likelihood that he'll be spending his season in a correctional facility. Thomas Jones has been great so far in preseason, and looks nothing like he looked when he was the RB in Arizona, but looks alot more like the good RB that he was in college. He may have some value depending upon what happens with Pittman. Tampa Bay isn't the greatest RB situation, because Alstott is a very versatile fullback who will also get touches and cut into the production of whatever halfback is starting for them.

RUDEbyallMEANS
08-21-2003, 01:21 AM
Alright, great info... Thanks UT.. Any suggestions as to who I could pick up in FA if I release Bettis to get better production?? Huge mistake on my part to take Bettis..

UT-Phinz
08-21-2003, 01:32 AM
I'd suggest you hang on to Bettis for right now. He's not hurting anything by staying on your roster, and I suspect that the RB situation in Pitt is gonna be like it was in Jacksonville last year, with Zereoue getting the majority of yardage, and Bettis vulturing the goal line carries and scoring like 8 TDs without alot of yardage. He has a little bit of value, especially of Zereoue keeps having problems with his ankle.

I overlooked Emmitt Smith as well. He has some minor value as well, probably more value than Bettis does now that Zereoue has been named starter.

RUDEbyallMEANS
08-21-2003, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by UT-Phinz
I'd suggest you hang on to Bettis for right now. He's not hurting anything by staying on your roster, and I suspect that the RB situation in Pitt is gonna be like it was in Jacksonville last year, with Zereoue getting the majority of yardage, and Bettis vulturing the goal line carries and scoring like 8 TDs without alot of yardage. He has a little bit of value, especially of Zereoue keeps having problems with his ankle.

I overlooked Emmitt Smith as well. He has some minor value as well, probably more value than Bettis does now that Zereoue has been named starter.

Man, UT, Thanks for all your help bro.. I would definetely be struggling with my first FF Team hadnt it been for you.. How many leagues have you won last year?

UT-Phinz
08-21-2003, 06:17 PM
That's kinda the funny thing... last year was my very first year playing Fantasy Football. I'd never done it before at all, and a bunch of guys at my work formed a league and invited me to join. I had an absolute blast, especially because we all worked together so the trash talkin' and trade baiting was excellent every single week.

I came in 4th place that year, so I at least made the playoffs. The commissioner of our league who has been playing Fantasy Football for years took home the trophy. I've got plans for him this year though. :chair:

My draft for that league is this Sunday evening. I enjoy that draft the most too, because we are doing it the same way we did last year. Everybody converges on one guy's house and we do a live draft with a barbecue and plenty of beer. This year we made it into a money league as well. 12 teams with a $15.00 entrance fee. $180 pot for the winner at the end of the year. Great times...

I can also attribute my knowledge and familiarity with virtually every offensive player in the league due to my new obsession with Fantasy Football. Before last year, I couldn't tell you squat about any team except for the Phins. I knew the really big names like Junior Seau and Randy Moss, but playing has brought the whole league into a much better perspective for me.

I'll post up my team after the draft this Sunday evening for you to peruse... and I'll definitely keep the commentary going throughout the year. Instead of being in one league this year, I'm in 8! We'll see what happens...

:rockon:

RUDEbyallMEANS
08-21-2003, 06:22 PM
Yeah.. I'm definetely getting into this right now.. The way you were last year is the same way I am now..:lol: I dont know jack squat and just going by other peoples views..
8 leagues????!!!
How do you keep track??
Good luck bro.

UT-Phinz
08-21-2003, 06:28 PM
It's not too difficult to keep track. I have a bookmark for each one of my different leagues and I'll just go through 'em from first to last to set my line up for each team each different week.

The nice thing about my obsession is that since I'm checking news updates and information on EVERYTHING happening in the entire league, it only adds about 2 minutes per league to adjust lineups. I already know who I think is gonna be solid and who I maybe should sit or the adjustments I should make for favorable matchups.