PDA

View Full Version : Trend with Belicheck?

FinsFan74
02-18-2008, 10:10 AM
I think that if Zach Thomas winds up going to New England there is a trend taking place. Belicheck seems to have a love affair with our ex players (Izzo, Welker, Seau, Evans to name a few). We all know that Belicheck was caught spying on the Jets (among other teams). What better legal way to spy on another division team than to sign their free agents (or cuts) away from them every year and extract all the info from the player about their former team! This is basically legal spying! I despise the friggin Patriots!!

popularwar
02-18-2008, 10:18 AM
Kind of unrelated but I thought it was hilarious that you ended with "I despise the freaking Patriots!" and your sig says "I love Jesus Christ"

godolphins1985
02-18-2008, 10:21 AM
Kind of unrelated but I thought it was hilarious that you ended with "I despise the freaking Patriots!" and your sig says "I love Jesus Christ"

If he loves jesus then he must hate the devil himself Bill Belacheat.

OriginalFin
02-18-2008, 10:58 AM
I hate that Zach might be even visiting the Pats (I still say he is going to Dallas) but no way are they signing him to spy on the Fins.

Lets be honest, is it really necessary to have inside information on Miami next season? Plus we should be running an entirely new system on both sides of the ball.

I will say; where there is smoke there is fire, and if any tape shows up of the Rams walkthrough you could see the end of Belichek in New England

bojack72
02-18-2008, 11:02 AM
If you despises Belichek, you'll love this

http://break.com/index/patriots-parody-you-cheated.html?matchid=NDUyODI5?matchid=NDUyODI5

Why would anyone want to be part of this organization?

SpaceMountain16
02-18-2008, 11:09 AM
I dont think Zach would do a whole lot of good in helping the Patriots spy on the Dolphins. The coaching staff and front office has completely changed. He's not going to know any plays or signals on defense or really much of anything Sparano and his coaches run. Now from a legitimate football stand point, New England could be interested in bringing in a football player who is still very good when he's healthy.

SabanHater
02-18-2008, 11:09 AM

http://break.com/index/patriots-parody-you-cheated.html?matchid=NDUyODI5?matchid=NDUyODI5

if I could give you 20 "thanks"..... I would. That was the greatest thing ever.:lol:

SabanHater
02-18-2008, 11:11 AM
and now your hoody's all wet!!!!!

dolpns13
02-18-2008, 11:14 AM
I think that if Zach Thomas winds up going to New England there is a trend taking place. Belicheck seems to have a love affair with our ex players (Izzo, Welker, Seau, Evans to name a few). We all know that Belicheck was caught spying on the Jets (among other teams). What better legal way to spy on another division team than to sign their free agents (or cuts) away from them every year and extract all the info from the player about their former team! This is basically legal spying! I despise the friggin Patriots!!

I seriously do not think Zach would sell us out like that

SpaceMountain16
02-18-2008, 11:16 AM

Yeah he would, anybody would, when he's being paid and plays for a different team it's his job to help that team win any way possible, and Zach wants to win, IF he had information relevant about what the Dolphins run i'm sure he'd share it with the Patriots. Just as any other player would to any other team.

Stringer Bell
02-18-2008, 11:19 AM
Teams do this all the time. It is not just the Patriots.

Usually they won't even need to sign the player, just bring him in for a look.

Also, when they got Welker and Evans, was the year after Saban left. So everything changed, there was no information that would be useful to them.

I think them getting Welker, Evans, and Eckel had a lot to do with Saban. I believe I recall reading something about Saban telling Belichick how much he liked those particular players.

SabanHater
02-18-2008, 11:24 AM

I think he would for a nice new ring.

dolpns13
02-18-2008, 11:34 AM

:sidelol: AWESOME!!!!!

SpaceMountain16
02-18-2008, 11:39 AM
I heard if you get a video on break it can win 200 dollars for you or something? Which is well worth it for that well done video, pretty catch song!

FinsFan74
02-18-2008, 11:52 AM
That's precisely why I didn't say I "hate" the Patriots. I don't hate anyone or anything, but I can certainly dislike the Patriots....that being said, yes, I do in fact love Jesus!!

FinsFan74
02-18-2008, 11:54 AM
If he's going there to win a ring, I beg to differ

LarryFinFan
02-18-2008, 12:42 PM
It's not selling us out...whatever team he ends up on will ask the same of him...it's common knowledge that teams utilize whatever means necessary (within the rules most times) to get an competitive edge...that includes former players of teams, etc...however, I might add that whatever he may be able to give to his new team, it likely won't help as much as you might think. For one thing, the consensus is that we'll be running a different D this coming year. We won't be able to do some of the things that we did this year because we won't have the same personnel.

It's really nothing to get too upset or worried about...

phinphever
02-18-2008, 02:37 PM

There is such a thing as rightous anger. Even jesus was angry form time to time. For example throwing the money changers out of the temple. I don't want to bring faith in to this just putting my two cents into this. The pats are cheating lying bums and their is nothing wrong with dislikeing and dispising that. Christains are real people in a real world they get mad and sad and have all the same emotions everyone else does. What are we supposed to do sing kumba ya all day long.

Canadianfishfan
02-18-2008, 02:39 PM

All those ex Dolphins will be of no use to the Pats except for pointing out tendencies of certain players. There is a whole new regime in place here.

FinsFan74
02-18-2008, 02:44 PM
There is such a thing as rightous anger. Even jesus was angry form time to time. For example throwing the money changers out of the temple. I don't want to bring faith in to this just putting my two cents into this. The pats are cheating lying bums and their is nothing wrong with dislikeing and dispising that. Christains are real people in a real world they get mad and sad and have all the same emotions everyone else does. What are we supposed to do sing kumba ya all day long.
Very well put!

phinphever
02-18-2008, 02:55 PM

This video was hilarious. Just can't stop laughing.

2413fanphins
02-18-2008, 02:56 PM
I for one can't be mad at zach thomas.

we don't want to pay him.
we think he's hurt, we think he's old, we think he doesn't fit in our scheme or whatever other excuse you want to make.

he's had one damn solid career for us. You could argue decline/no decline for weeks on end.

fact of the matter is, we cut him. He has every right to sign with whomever he wants to sign with. If thats the pats than so be it, I guess when he dominates us, we will have to remember that he is hurt, and not worth the money.

satz
02-19-2008, 09:52 AM
Do you think this contributed to the 1-15 record?

Iroquois Joe
02-19-2008, 12:21 PM
Parcells gave Zach the bum's rush out the back door, but thats his style.

I thought at least the Fins organization would give him a couple of dinner vouchers or something at a press confrence. On the flip side, baked beans and cream pies arn't much compensation.

Why would he choose to sign with the Pats? The bloom is off that rose. Moss thought joining the invincibles would be his fast track to a ring, and now he's left all pouty faced, snubbing the Pro Bowl.

Riding Brady's coat tails is no guarantee of anything. Over the last three seasons the Giants are the latest to prove that.

Why would Thomas want to wear a uniform that will draw nothing but contempt and a chorus of boos at every road game he plays anyway?

MR NFLFAN
02-19-2008, 01:10 PM

I thought at least the Fins organization would give him a couple of dinner vouchers or something at a press confrence. On the flip side, baked beans and cream pies arn't much compensation.

Why would he choose to sign with the Pats? The bloom is off that rose. Moss thought joining the invincibles would be his fast track to a ring, and now he's left all pouty faced, snubbing the Pro Bowl.

Riding Brady's coat tails is no guarantee of anything. Over the last three seasons the Giants are the latest to prove that.

Why would Thomas want to wear a uniform that will draw nothing but contempt and a chorus of boos at every road game he plays anyway?

I agree I'm sure Zack would rather be on a perpetually rebuilding 1-15 team. :lol:

TomBradyWoot
02-19-2008, 04:27 PM

I guess you've never been to an NFL game, but the road team ALWAYS gets boo'd.

adamprez2003
02-19-2008, 04:39 PM
I agree I'm sure Zack would rather be on a perpetually rebuilding 1-15 team. :lol:

Beats playing for a team with a suspended coach, no future draft picks and the media circus that will follow when the SB title is stripped

SpaceMountain16
02-19-2008, 05:02 PM
Beats playing for a team with a suspended coach, no future draft picks and the media circus that will follow when the SB title is stripped

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2008/02/carnac-1.jpg

- A suspended coach
- A lack of draft picks
- A loss of Super Bowl Championships

*opens envelope*

Qualifications of the New England Patriots

MR NFLFAN
02-19-2008, 05:10 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2008/02/carnac-1.jpg

- A suspended coach
- A lack of draft picks
- A loss of Super Bowl Championships

*opens envelope*

Qualifications of the New England Patriots

Don't quit your day job

dolphindebby
02-19-2008, 05:58 PM
I thought the same thing.

dolphindebby
02-19-2008, 06:08 PM
That's precisely why I didn't say I "hate" the Patriots. I don't hate anyone or anything, but I can certainly dislike the Patriots....that being said, yes, I do in fact love Jesus!!
I love HIM too FinsFan. Sorry I even quoted on the other post I should have waited for your response. And you bet we can dislike what the patroits do and say. It has nothing to do with our faith.:up:

dolphindebby
02-19-2008, 06:13 PM
You go phinfever! Thanks.:hi5:

Iroquois Joe
02-20-2008, 01:26 PM
I guess you've never been to an NFL game, but the road team ALWAYS gets boo'd.

I've been to several.

Good old fashioned booing will be the least of the abuse that Video Bowl Bill and the Pats* will find welcomming them on their road games this year.

Booing the opposition is par for the course.

What we are talking here is all sorts of new and different forms of creative mockery, jeering and contempt. It should only increase in intensity as the season progresses, like some sort of crazy competition between fan bases.

Should be a lot of fun.

MR NFLFAN
02-20-2008, 03:27 PM
I've been to several.

Good old fashioned booing will be the least of the abuse that Video Bowl Bill and the Pats* will find welcomming them on their road games this year.

Booing the opposition is par for the course.

What we are talking here is all sorts of new and different forms of creative mockery, jeering and contempt. It should only increase in intensity as the season progresses, like some sort of crazy competition between fan bases.

Should be a lot of fun.

I can't think of any mockery worse for a team than its own home fans wearing paper bags over their heads.

jimmy42jack0
02-20-2008, 09:29 PM
I can't think of any mockery worse for a team than its own home fans wearing paper bags over their heads.
hmmm...so thats why so many "die hard" pats fans have square heads...years and years and years and years of wearing the paper bags like its a cap at the ol ball game

MR NFLFAN
02-20-2008, 09:34 PM
hmmm...so thats why so many "die hard" pats fans have square heads...years and years and years and years of wearing the paper bags like its a cap at the ol ball game

Actually I've only seen bagged head home fans in Buffalo and Miami.

jimmy42jack0
02-21-2008, 03:56 AM
you must have missed the 60's, 70's, and most of the 80's and some of the 90's versions of the pats...some people wore paper bags...some hoped for flying anvils

SpaceMountain16
02-21-2008, 04:04 PM

Thats because you only discovered New England had a football team in 2001 like every other Patriots fan.