PDA

View Full Version : MERGED: Breaking News From NE! Moss not Franchised

MiamiDolfan85
02-21-2008, 05:47 PM
If you watching ESPN's NFL Live today,it said that the Patriots DID NOT use their Franchise tag on Randy Moss.I don't have a link now,but believe ME when I saw that the Frachise tag hasn't and won't be used on Moss.A story of this caliber should break out online REALLY REALLY soon.Randy Moss is out of NE,supposedly.Do you think Miami will take him?I wouldn't want him personally,I mean look what he did while in Oakland....We're even,sad too say,worse.So,whats you take on it?

traptses
02-21-2008, 05:49 PM
Id rather have CJ, but he would be awesome to have

dfin54
02-21-2008, 05:49 PM
I thought for a sec that Zach Thomas had signed with them, whoo. wow.
No moss here.

chillwill3000
02-21-2008, 05:50 PM
zzzzzz, wake me up when there is breaking news concerning the dolphins.

bkbuffet
02-21-2008, 05:53 PM
The Dolphins could never offer Moss enough money to come to Miami.
He had enough of playing with losing teams at Oakland.
He will only consider playing for a legit superbowl contender.

WISfinfan13
02-21-2008, 05:54 PM

Are u crazy Randy Moss is the most physically gifted athlete ever to play in the NFL.

He just has motivation problems.

WISfinfan13
02-21-2008, 05:55 PM
Are u crazy Randy Moss is the most physically gifted athlete ever to play in the NFL.

He just has motivation problems.

With that being said no way the Fins take a flyer on Moss. The problems he had in Oakland speak for themselves.

WISfinfan13
02-21-2008, 06:00 PM
The Dolphins could never offer Moss enough money to come to Miami.
He had enough of playing with losing teams at Oakland.
He will only consider playing for a legit superbowl contender.

Unless Moss has seriously grown up (I doubt it). He will go where the money is. He just wouldnt give his best effort.

finfromthenorth
02-21-2008, 06:01 PM
we are rebuilding. why waste the money on a player that does not want to play when the team is bad. He was terrible in Oakland he would be no different in Miami. He would be a bad influence on the young receivers we have.

satz
02-21-2008, 06:04 PM
how can you compare CJ with moss. CJ ******* and moans with palmer throwing him the rock and for moss in oakland it was hell to be a WR .seriously you are comparing a guy you can get for $$ to a guy is going to take $$ and alot of picks.they are both the same age too.
btw, guess which receiver has three 17 or more TD`s in a season.moss not even great jerry rice could do it.

anyway,boston hearld is reporting

The deadline for placing franchise tags on players has passed, and the Patriots have not tagged WR Randy Moss.
That could mean that the sides have agreed to a multi-year contract. Yet a multi-year contract can not be announced until the 2008 league year begins Feb. 29, because players can not extend/restructure more than once in a league year. Moss had restructured his deal in April to consummate his trade to New England.

VaFinFan
02-21-2008, 06:09 PM
Heres an idea for everyone. SHUT UP about Chad Johnson. He is not coming to Miami, He is not leaving the Bengals. He wont be on our team next year!! Let it go and move on. Geez this is getting out of hand.

NOT GOING TO BE TRADED OR RELEASED...... READ ESPN...... DONT CRY IT WILL BE OK

ncmedic5
02-21-2008, 06:10 PM
Sorry to break your hearts but Moss will be playing in NE next year. The speculation is that they have been feverishly working on a contract extension but because he redid his contract in April he can not do it again until the league new year which is the 29th. IT is speculated that they two sides have a handshake deal in place and that he will sign his contract when FA starts and the new league year officially begins.

It that does not happen...then its time to start getting excited about him leaving, but that is the word i have heard.

VaFinFan
02-21-2008, 06:11 PM
With all that said Asante Samuel Please..... good wide recievers throughout the draft and FA.... Shut down corner would be much more exciting to have if we cant for some reason get D. hall from Atlanta. Chances are none of them will be in Miami though so dont hold your breath!

PHINPHOURLIFE
02-21-2008, 06:38 PM
all i see is ricky and randy doing this:bong2: and then this:sidelol:

#1dolphinsfan
02-21-2008, 06:50 PM
I dont want Moss when he is on a Bad team he is one of the worst Players that a Team can have

bkbuffet
02-21-2008, 06:54 PM
Unless Moss has seriously grown up (I doubt it). He will go where the money is. He just wouldnt give his best effort.

I'm not saying Moss isn't all about money, but that's part of the reason why he would avoid teams like Oakland and Miami. The time he spent in Oakland severely hurt his value. I think he learned that he needs to be on a team like the Pats to be motivated to play, and therefore get the kind of money he wants.

MiamiDolfan85
02-21-2008, 06:54 PM
Sorry to break your hearts but Moss will be playing in NE next year. The speculation is that they have been feverishly working on a contract extension but because he redid his contract in April he can not do it again until the league new year which is the 29th. IT is speculated that they two sides have a handshake deal in place and that he will sign his contract when FA starts and the new league year officially begins.

It that does not happen...then its time to start getting excited about him leaving, but that is the word i have heard.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3257298]

....:rolleyes:

Majpain
02-21-2008, 06:55 PM

Don't know why. Randy Moss is the better WR.

late again
02-21-2008, 07:32 PM

Yeah, I would be really, really surprised if NE didn't do everything in their power to make Moss happy. Even if they can't offer much to any other FA; I believe they're going to throw a couple of barrels of cash at him.

finfan54
02-21-2008, 07:40 PM

I hope they waste millions on the guy. Did anyone notice that his play and production started to slide downward as the season wore on? He simply patted his stats against Cameron Worrell for crying out loud!!! Not to mention crappy DB's for buffalo. Dude wont be taking anyone by surprise and if BP has his way, he wont be giving Tommy boy enough time to throw the ball that far. unless of course the Patsies are allowed to hold all day long and not get called for it. F'n cheaters!

Roman529
02-21-2008, 07:45 PM
Lets offer Randy Moss a deal and bring him home to Miami.

1. We lost Chambers and Booker and have no deep threat.

2. Taking Moss and his 23 TD's from the Pats would really hurt them and help us. They took Welker from us, so lets return the favor. :woot:

3. We still would have a ton of cap space even if we gave Moss around $8 or $9 million....even for a year it would be worthwhile.

Thoughts? :up:

CDNPHIN
02-21-2008, 08:03 PM
Lets offer Randy Moss a deal and bring him home to Miami.

1. We lost Chambers and Booker and have no deep threat.

2. Taking Moss and his 23 TD's from the Pats would really hurt them and help us. They took Welker from us, so lets return the favor. :woot:

3. We still would have a ton of cap space even if we gave Moss around $8 or $9 million....even for a year it would be worthwhile.

Thoughts? :up:
Thoughts? OK,how about smokin' another bowl,Do you actually think he'd be anywhere near 20+ touchdowns in Miami?I'm not even going to get into the kind of coin it would cost us or how we're rebuilding or that he's only good for one play!!!!(go deep Randy!).Chambers and Booker??????Who cares,we're 1-15,how about building through the draft and wait and see......Randy Moss,Chad Johnson...C"MON!

Roman529
02-21-2008, 08:06 PM

Speculation and a hand shake deal isn't worth the paper it's written on. If Moss was more interested in winning than money then why did he leave a good team in Minny for a crappy team in Oakland? I think Moss likes $$$ more than anything else, and if we could take him from the Pats that is a win-win for us.

Roman529
02-21-2008, 08:08 PM
Thoughts? OK,how about smokin' another bowl,Do you actually think he'd be anywhere near 20+ touchdowns in Miami?I'm not even going to get into the kind of coin it would cost us or how we're rebuilding or that he's only good for one play!!!!(go deep Randy!).Chambers and Booker??????Who cares,we're 1-15,how about building through the draft and wait and see......Randy Moss,Chad Johnson...C"MON!

Yeah, you're right we would not want a guy who scored 23 TD's last year over guys like Derek Hagan and Ginn. No sense in us going after a Hall of Fame receiver. :rolleyes2:

SabanHater
02-21-2008, 08:11 PM
maybe the whole court thing is taking a turn for the worse?

CDNPHIN
02-21-2008, 08:13 PM
Yeah, you're right we would not want a guy who scored 23 TD's last year over guys like Derek Hagan and Ginn. No sense in us going after a Hall of Fame receiver. :rolleyes2:
Oh,I'm sorry you're right,Cleo Lemon=Tom Brady...Same thing,Right?

SamIam
02-21-2008, 08:30 PM
Very interesting

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3257298

TomBradyWoot
02-21-2008, 08:42 PM
If you watching ESPN's NFL Live today,it said that the Patriots DID NOT use their Franchise tag on Randy Moss.I don't have a link now,but believe ME when I saw that the Frachise tag hasn't and won't be used on Moss.A story of this caliber should break out online REALLY REALLY soon.Randy Moss is out of NE,supposedly.Do you think Miami will take him?I wouldn't want him personally,I mean look what he did while in Oakland....We're even,sad too say,worse.So,whats you take on it?

do you even know what the franchise tag is or what it means? do you know the difference in cutting a player and not franchising him?

late again
02-21-2008, 08:59 PM
do you even know what the franchise tag is or what it means? do you know the difference in cutting a player and not franchising him?

Cutting/not franchising; it's all the same in this case. The fact is that he will become a FA. Now the Pats may very well sign him to a contract 5 minutes after the start of FA. However, they cannot sign him until that date. According to the NFLPA and NFL agreement Moss WILL be a FA.

rjintampa
02-21-2008, 10:38 PM
all i see is ricky and randy doing this:bong2: and then this:sidelol:

Thats a good one.

nephinsfan
02-22-2008, 07:27 AM
Once a thug always a thug.

Never bought into that "changed man" crap that was spoon fed to us by the very same talking heads that never a had a good word to say about Moss before he became a patsy.

Heck, he said it himself in his little press conference about the assault allegations. "Look at my resume, it speaks for itself". Yup, you are right there Randy, it sure does.

Mike13
02-22-2008, 11:57 AM

Look at who he's got throwing to him.