PDA

View Full Version : connecting to the site

HolliFinFan
02-23-2008, 01:54 PM
I could use some help from the computer wizzes. I am 99.9% sure my troubles are within my settings on my computer, yet when I am on this site, every couple of minutes I get "stuck" and this box pops up:

It is a picture of a blue globe between two laptop computers titled "Connect Broadband." There are boxes for user name, password, connect, cancel, properties, and help. The only way I can continue is to push "cancel." This occurs when the url at the bottom left of the screen says connecting to "ad.yieldmanager.com"
Anyone have a clue how to fix this?

njfinfan
02-23-2008, 02:12 PM
I could use some help from the computer wizzes. I am 99.9% sure my troubles are within my settings on my computer, yet when I am on this site, every couple of minutes I get "stuck" and this box pops up:

It is a picture of a blue globe between two laptop computers titled "Connect Broadband." There are boxes for user name, password, connect, cancel, properties, and help. The only way I can continue is to push "cancel." This occurs when the url at the bottom left of the screen says connecting to "ad.yieldmanager.com"
Anyone have a clue how to fix this?

Hi Lisa. I'm going to move this to the Q and S forum and report it so one of the staff members can help. I'm pretty certain Celtkin can. :woot:

Mary

like2god
02-23-2008, 02:12 PM
I believe ad.yieldmanager.com is an infection/spyware.

Here are a few sites that might help explain the problem

http://www.techsupportforum.com/security-center/general-computer-security/66437-ad-yieldmanager-com.html
http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-1738207.php
http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/Ad-YieldManager-com-WinFixer-Popup-Problems-t54590.html

I'd download Ad-Aware and run it in safe mode so you can detect and remove it.
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/single/trialpay.php

Hope that helps

Enforcerfin33
02-25-2008, 02:58 PM
For some reason when I am at home I cant let a page completely load or firefox gives me a "timed out" error message, or page was reset. I have dial up so it takes a minute. It didn't use to do this. If I hit stop before the page loads 100% it doesnt do it.

like2god
02-25-2008, 03:05 PM
For some reason when I am at home I cant let a page completely load or firefox gives me a "timed out" error message, or page was reset. I have dial up so it takes a minute. It didn't use to do this. If I hit stop before the page loads 100% it doesnt do it.

Hmmm.....not sure. Is it only this site or do you have the same problem with other sites as well?

Enforcerfin33
02-25-2008, 03:09 PM
Hmmm.....not sure. Is it only this site or do you have the same problem with other sites as well?

Hey M, long time no talk...yeh just this one.

like2god
02-25-2008, 03:17 PM
Hey M, long time no talk...yeh just this one.
Hey bro, hope all is well. :)

Just for curiousity sake, go into your User CP and turn off the sigs. Also, how many posts do you see per page? I had a problem kind of similar a while ago and when I reduced the number of posts per page from 20 to 10 things worked much better.

Enforcerfin33
02-25-2008, 03:19 PM
Hey bro, hope all is well. :)

Just for curiousity sake, go into your User CP and turn off the sigs. Also, how many posts do you see per page? I had a problem kind of similar a while ago and when I reduced the number of posts per page from 20 to 10 things worked much better.

When I get home I'll try it, thanks.

like2god
02-26-2008, 02:28 AM
Did it work?

Enforcerfin33
02-26-2008, 09:17 AM
:lol:
why no....no it didnt.....

but it did make it less frequent. I am prob. going to have to just live with it until I get DSL.....which getting my interenet for free makes me want to stick to dial up, but its such a pain in the butt.

like2god
02-26-2008, 10:22 AM
:lol:
why no....no it didnt.....

but it did make it less frequent. I am prob. going to have to just live with it until I get DSL.....which getting my interenet for free makes me want to stick to dial up, but its such a pain in the butt.

I don't know man, it's all on you. You musta broke something, it's all your fault. :tongue:

As a former dialup user, let me tell you that you'll never miss it once you decide to get rid of it. I get my 'net from the cable company (Time Warner) and I pay less than I did when I just had AOL dialup...and I still have my AOL screenname, favorites, etc.

Sorry I wasn't able to help you out bro, maybe one of the other guys can figure it out.

Enforcerfin33
02-26-2008, 10:26 AM
Thanks for trying even though you failed...

:lol: :hi5: