PDA

View Full Version : Pryor is a major jerk....

King Felix
02-28-2008, 03:09 AM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/10824-College_Football-Terrelle_Pryor_s_Behavior_Leaves_Much_To_Be_Desired-240208

I made the three-hour bus trip from State College to Pittsburgh for the weekend, excited to see my brother’s basketball team take on the highly-ranked Jeannette Jayhawks in the second round of the Western Pennsylvania Interscholastic Athletic League (WPIAL) playoffs.

And, of course, I wanted to see Terrelle Pryor with my own eyes.

For months, I had heard about the 6-foot-6-inch quarterback from Jeannette High School who could run the 40-yard dash in 4.4 seconds. The talk increased when he decided not to sign a Letter of Intent on National Signing Day.

A true athlete, Pryor had been dominating on the basketball court, while waiting to make a decision on which college he would attend. It seemed to be the general consensus that Pryor’s decision to take more time to pick a college was a good sign for Penn State.

On Feb. 16, I arrived at the Baldwin High School gymnasium with my family and the families of my brother’s teammates at about 10:30 a.m. for a noon tip-off. Spectators started filtering in shortly after, anticipating a sell-out crowd.

The South Fayette fans saw a hard-fought game, worth every penny of the $6 they paid to spectate. Both sides played their hearts out through four periods and overtime. In Pryor, they saw a tremendous athlete—fast, strong, and agile.

They also saw one of the most disgusting and, quite frankly, disappointing displays of unsportsmanlike behavior they’d ever witnessed. It started before the tip-off and lasted well after the final buzzer.

goto the link since i cant quote the whole story..........tressel and joe pa arent going to like that attitude

DonShula84
02-28-2008, 05:08 AM
Sounds like he's going to Michigan :lol:;)

Fin-omenal
02-28-2008, 08:24 AM
Wish they wouldve been a little more specific.....did he drop his pants and moon the families?

Actually after reading the article in the comments section there are alot of people who were at the game saying it was the other way around, sounds like a big rase war was gonna break out!

Motion
02-28-2008, 09:38 AM
:jt0323: And the drama continues.....

Skeet84
03-01-2008, 03:20 PM
wow that sound horrible.

Fin-omenal
03-01-2008, 03:54 PM
Hopefully this "sours" any desire to stay close to home.

BennyVW
03-04-2008, 01:22 PM
LOL...sounds like an early maurice clarrett... Just wait till he gets to college and all the guys are his size or bigger.... and when the student sections number in the thousands!

Majpain
03-04-2008, 01:44 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2008/03/picardnofacepalmpd8-1.jpg

He is better off at Michigan if he is going to act like a clown.

Edit-Why isnt this big news? You would think this would have been picked up by sometype of media outlet and not some blogger. I believe there are many versions on how it happened. I'm sure Pryor said some things just not to that extent. After all that blog says nothing about the fans taunting Pryor, or that some of the fans were kicked out. I'm sure that fueled Pryor to talk some crap during the game and some to the fans but I don't believe for a second he used racial slurs and what not. I just doubt the credibility.

Straztheman
03-04-2008, 06:49 PM
Wow......

King Felix
03-04-2008, 07:01 PM

Edit-Why isnt this big news? You would think this would have been picked up by sometype of media outlet and not some blogger. I believe there are many versions on how it happened. I'm sure Pryor said some things just not to that extent. After all that blog says nothing about the fans taunting Pryor, or that some of the fans were kicked out. I'm sure that fueled Pryor to talk some crap during the game and some to the fans but I don't believe for a second he used racial slurs and what not. I just doubt the credibility.
he threw a ball in the stands and hit a kid...also he is about to be a college athlete, at what time do you start to block out the fans?

Majpain
03-04-2008, 07:22 PM
The way he acted I feel Ohio St shouldn't even get this guy despite his talent. IT wouldn't hurt Ohio St.

All I was saying about the article was it seems to be one sided thats all.

CharlestonPhan
03-20-2008, 08:34 AM
the first red flag was when he decided "i am too cool to sign on signing day."

the running joke among recruiting gurus according to a guy in my state is that he was "holding out for more money."

i am sure the article is a bit one sided. but if this guy has made it thru high school and hasn't yet figured out that responding to fan taunts is just asking them to turn up the heat even more, well, then he isn't ready to be a college student, let alone a college athlete.

Motion
03-20-2008, 09:10 AM

the running joke among recruiting gurus according to a guy in my state is that he was "holding out for more money."

i am sure the article is a bit one sided. but if this guy has made it thru high school and hasn't yet figured out that responding to fan taunts is just asking them to turn up the heat even more, well, then he isn't ready to be a college student, let alone a college athlete.

Kid definitely has some baggage.

Fin-omenal
03-20-2008, 09:41 AM

He's a Buckeye now so ofcourse Im gnna run to his defense...

Actually I heard conflicting reports on the "race war" during that basketball game.

His reason for waiting was so he could focus on making PA history by leading his football and basketball teams to state titles in the same year. So no way can I fault him for that.

He showed real emotion and you could tell he felt bad for not choosing UM, everything I heard in that press conference was signs of a nice soft spoken kid.

Guess time will tell.

Majpain
03-20-2008, 02:20 PM
Its simple really the reason he didn't sign on signing day is because if he picked Ohio St the rest of his high school basketball season he would have got heckled more so than he already did. He put off the decision so he his team didn't have that kind of pressure.

cwsox
03-27-2008, 10:12 PM

I commend him on his choice of schools, he made the right choice.

Majpain
03-27-2008, 10:26 PM
He did make the right choice. HE never acted like that playing football so I'm not worried. I don't put to much stock in media coverage over Pryor. Its quite ridiculous.

Wombat
03-29-2008, 09:55 PM
hmmm, after reading the comments there South Fayette fans making racial remarks before and during the game. Maybe it might have caused his reaction or one of the fans is just simply hating.

Majpain
03-29-2008, 10:01 PM
Exactly. There is always another side to the story.

Arsenal WV
03-29-2008, 11:15 PM
I for one am happy to see Pryor make the right choice. OSU is just a better fit for him in my opinion.

Bumpus
03-31-2008, 11:40 AM
:lol:
I'm just glad that he didn't go to Michigan.

Screw Coach Rod, and screw Michigan University.

Fin-omenal
04-02-2008, 08:49 PM
I'm just glad that he didn't go to Michigan.

Screw Coach Rod, and screw Michigan University.

I think "screwed" is a good word to describe that program right now.

Arsenal WV
04-03-2008, 08:54 PM
haha

Yes, I would agree with that.

Straztheman
04-12-2008, 09:13 PM
I think "screwed" is a good word to describe that program right now.

Straztheman
04-12-2008, 09:15 PM
I live right by Detriot, and as you would espect there are a lot of Michigan fans there. I grew up likeing Michigan, but Michigan fans are just so obnoxious and annoying I couldn't stand it. So I switched to likeing Miami and Michigan State. And whoever Michigan is playing.

retired opfinistic
04-15-2008, 09:01 AM
I live right by Detriot, and as you would espect there are a lot of Michigan fans there. I grew up likeing Michigan, but Michigan fans are just so obnoxious and annoying I couldn't stand it. So I switched to likeing Miami and Michigan State. And whoever Michigan is playing.
Smart kid! :up:

finsrclowns
04-15-2008, 11:19 AM

Good decision going with dumber programs that have fans like you that don't know how to spell liking.:lol: