PDA

View Full Version : Just Finished My Draft: What Do You Think?

R. Rich
08-21-2003, 02:56 PM
Here's one of my Yahoo! teams that just finished drafting:

QB: Michael Vick, Drew Bledsoe
RB: Ricky Williams, Eddie George, Onterrio Smith
WR: Eric Moulds, David Boston, Quincy Morgan, Andre Johnson
TE: Christian Fauria, Jerramy Stevens
K: John Carney
DEF: Baltimore

We'll play:

1QB
2RB
2WR
1TE
1DEF

I think it's okay. I got pretty good value at WR, I think, since I got Morgan in the 7th and Johnson in the 12th of a 13 round draft. What do you think of me taking a flyer on Vick in the 5th round? Also, what about Williams being available to me with the 5th pick of the first round?

whampa1
08-21-2003, 04:28 PM
Bledsoe doesn't have a bye until week 9 and Vick should be fine by then you got a steal at quarterback and your depth at runningback is great O.Smith is going to surprise people.

TypicalBill
08-21-2003, 05:51 PM
i like your team.. solid

UT-Phinz
08-21-2003, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by R. Rich
Here's one of my Yahoo! teams that just finished drafting:

QB: Michael Vick, Drew Bledsoe
RB: Ricky Williams, Eddie George, Onterrio Smith
WR: Eric Moulds, David Boston, Quincy Morgan, Andre Johnson
TE: Christian Fauria, Jerramy Stevens
K: John Carney
DEF: Baltimore

We'll play:

1QB
2RB
2WR
1TE
1DEF

I think it's okay. I got pretty good value at WR, I think, since I got Morgan in the 7th and Johnson in the 12th of a 13 round draft. What do you think of me taking a flyer on Vick in the 5th round? Also, what about Williams being available to me with the 5th pick of the first round?

I hate to rain on your parade, but you are looking kinda thin at RB. Doug Chapman is starting for the Vikings, and while it may very well be that Onterrio Smith gets thrust into the starting role there is no guarantee on how long he'll see playing time. If Michael Bennett's foot is healed up halfway through the year then he'll be back as the starter. Your RB corps is 1 injury away from being a problem, and you need to get some more depth if you can.

I'm also kinda iffy on David Boston. He's had 3 injuries already in training camp and just hasn't impressed that I saw. It doesn't help that he doesn't have exactly a prolific passer in Drew Brees giving him the ball... the Chargers aren't exactly known for going deep. He could pan out, but so far this year I've avoided him because I feel he's a high risk player. High risk could also mean high reward though.

Good luck!

R. Rich
08-21-2003, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by UT-Phinz

I hate to rain on your parade, but you are looking kinda thin at RB. Doug Chapman is starting for the Vikings, and while it may very well be that Onterrio Smith gets thrust into the starting role there is no guarantee on how long he'll see playing time. If Michael Bennett's foot is healed up halfway through the year then he'll be back as the starter. Your RB corps is 1 injury away from being a problem, and you need to get some more depth if you can.

I'm also kinda iffy on David Boston. He's had 3 injuries already in training camp and just hasn't impressed that I saw. It doesn't help that he doesn't have exactly a prolific passer in Drew Brees giving him the ball... the Chargers aren't exactly known for going deep. He could pan out, but so far this year I've avoided him because I feel he's a high risk player. High risk could also mean high reward though.

Good luck!

Yep, I agree that I'm just an injury away from some problems at RB. The good part of the Minnesota situation is that neither Chapman (who for now is listed ahead of him but won't be for long, due to Smith's solid performance so far in camp and from comments from Mike Tice) nor Bennett (injury will have him out for some time) were drafted, so they are free agency options down the line IF Smith turns out to be a bust.

I'm really hoping Boston can have a good year. I don't need him to be a world beater (though it would help!!), I just need a consistent output from him. Moulds should be okay for me in that department, plus I think Morgan and Johnson will be okay for me. A lot depends on the health of Boston, though.

Emskirch
08-22-2003, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by UT-Phinz

Good luck!

Chapman is starting week 1. Smith will be the starter by week 3, I think thats a great move. The lastest I heard on Bennett is that they will not rush him back, expect to see him next season. I agree he is thin at RB, but his options now are solid. 1 more back wouldn't hurt though.

On Boston, I have passed on Boston in every draft. He shouldn't be your #1 or #2 reciever. Just my 2 cents. I agree with you that high risk could mean high reward. But if that is the way your going to gamble, I would go with... Rogers (Det).

Anywho, great advice :eat:

R. Rich
08-22-2003, 11:49 AM
I haven't seen a link or anything, but a friend of mine said that just this morning on ESPN radio, Tice was saying that although Chapman is slated to start, Smith will see carries in the opener. I don't know if they'll be sharing the carries 50-50, but it seems that they are phasing him into the starting position. I just want a capable back as a backup for the bye weeks and in case of injury. If that happens, I'm okay. Now, if Ricky and Eddie are out for an extended period and Smith is either hurt or ineffective, it's a problem. If that happens, I guess I'm in trouble, but I'm not going to worry about it possibly happening. As I see it, I have some decent starters at RB and WR and capable backups (I went to 4 WRs because 2 of the 3 I took before Andre Johnson were off in Week 9).