PDA

View Full Version : Van's Madden 2004 review.

VanDolPhan
08-22-2003, 01:53 AM
Well I caved and picked up Madden 2004 on Xbox as I don't have a PS2 and I don't like playing sports games on the PC.

So far Madden 2004 "seems" to be that game I was finally looking for despite the fact I'll have to pick up one of the other guys for my online play. A lot of annoyances with previous maddens seem eliminated for now (haven't been totally satisfied with a football game since 2K1 on Dreamcast).

The music tracks are better then last years. I was surprised to see Serafin on there as the bass player of that played for a while in my favorite band of all time "Catherine Wheel" so I can get backstage to any of their shows when they finally make it over here :)

The menus and owner mode kick *** and I like what they did with the minigames by turning it into a minicamp and making them useful in building up skills

First game played was against Buffalo (wanted to see how the stats played out the first couple games in auto). Won 35-15. I was happy they fixed the pancake issue when actually playing games although it seems now it's the opposite with barely any pancakes in simulated games :tongue:

The only real negatives I have so far is fumbles seem to be really bad especially in bad weather and interceptions are easy to come by (had 6 against Buffalo.....heck even Omare had one), tackling is much more sloppy, and it seems like their way of fixing defense was to speed things up so QB's can't think as much :tongue:

Otherwise all seems good for now.

Muck
08-22-2003, 01:29 PM
Dang, you're the last person I expected to pick up this game. :) Glad you like it too. I agree, the soundtrack is pretty good this year. My next mission is figuring out how to convert those tracks to mp3 or wav (PC version here). :D

Prime Time
08-22-2003, 01:35 PM
IN Xbox you can play your own Music If you have music on your XBOX. Wow....Van caved in! And he actually likes it....holy shiznit! Way to go Van!

AngryDolphins
08-23-2003, 03:05 PM
Madden 2004 rules!!!

Prime Time
08-23-2003, 03:49 PM
:rolleyes: You just found that out :lol: :jk:

WeVie
08-24-2003, 11:03 AM
I got it the other day as well. I will say this about it. It is great and it is good and it is better than last years by far but NCAA blows it out of the water. It is faster, the graphics are faster and the announcers even get excited when something good or exciting happens. What I don't understand is of course they are both made by EA.

XoPhinsoX
08-24-2003, 01:59 PM
Wevie, you like NCAA better only due to the fact you haven't figured Madden out yet ;).

NCAA...EVERYONE IS FAST and that's what I dislike about College games. It's almost basically the same game though.

Prime Time
08-24-2003, 03:00 PM
NCAA uses the previous year's Madden system.