PDA

View Full Version : Merged 6x:Jets vets pissed off...LOL

fishypete
03-05-2008, 10:44 AM
Seems the Jets Vets are pissed off with the way the Jets are spending money...:lol:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/2008/03/05/2008-03-05_anonymous_jet_veterans_upset_about_teams-2.html

Phishpunk@WCU
03-05-2008, 10:48 AM
good nothing makes me happier than the sound of the Jets crying.

Slim
03-05-2008, 10:50 AM
^^ Especially Laveranues

J E T S SUCK SUCK SUCK

burger13
03-05-2008, 10:56 AM
I understand that any person in any profession is going to look around at what their co-workers are making and want to be fairly compensated in relation to them.

but I really don't understand why so many players seem unable to grasp the concept of free agancy?? It's their time to get paid! You have had or will have your chance if you take care of business. The prices for FA's go up every single year....do the contracted players really expect the deals re-worked every single year when a new player is brought in who makes more than them?

Looking at Coles specifically.....he's due 11 million over the next 2 years, and they are reporting that the even offered to guarantee the full amount. Sorry, but he isn't worth more than that. He's an average starting receiver. Stop whining and play.

BleedinGreenNC
03-05-2008, 11:10 AM
I understand that any person in any profession is going to look around at what their co-workers are making and want to be fairly compensated in relation to them.

but I really don't understand why so many players seem unable to grasp the concept of free agancy?? It's their time to get paid! You have had or will have your chance if you take care of business. The prices for FA's go up every single year....do the contracted players really expect the deals re-worked every single year when a new player is brought in who makes more than them?

Looking at Coles specifically.....he's due 11 million over the next 2 years, and they are reporting that the even offered to guarantee the full amount. Sorry, but he isn't worth more than that. He's an average starting receiver. Stop whining and play.

Real talk!

ch19079
03-05-2008, 11:28 AM
Im sure thre are players on every team that disagree with the teams offseason moves, but most are smart enough to keep their mouth shut.

It definatly sucks the life out of the "big FA signings".

FinsFan74
03-05-2008, 11:34 AM
Bringing in older guys and getting rid of younger guys!? Recipe for disaster! One player didn't know who Pace was!? Oh, I love it!

jlfin
03-05-2008, 11:35 AM
Seems the Jets Vets are pissed off with the way the Jets are spending money...:lol:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/2008/03/05/2008-03-05_anonymous_jet_veterans_upset_about_teams-2.html

Take it up with the players union. It's all part of the CBA.
The vets should have more of a gripe about rookie salaries and guaranteed money then the contracts of FA's.

FINSFAN2781
03-05-2008, 11:55 AM
I love it. **** the Jets.

TotoreMexico
03-05-2008, 11:59 AM
One Jets player said he never heard of Pace until yesterday.

:sidelol:

Predaphin
03-05-2008, 12:32 PM
There's trouble brewing in New York already....

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/42133

Just thought I'd post it for those of you who were bummmed about us not signing calvin pace and other free agents....

edsta74
03-05-2008, 01:06 PM
There's trouble brewing in New York already....

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/42133

Just thought I'd post it for those of you who were bummmed about us not signing calvin pace and other free agents....

Sounds like hes talking about Coles. Hes been a disgruntled Jet for a few years now:boohoo:. Possibly becoming a cancer in the lockerrom. :up: Coles was/is still a good WR but has become very upset lately. The money, the Chad situation....and now he feels insulted the Jets only offered to guarantee the remaining 11 mil left on his contract, and signing all these guys to rich contracts. This could blow up in the Jets faces creating tension in the lockerroom. Which is not a good thing. For the Jets anyway. I like it!;)

finfan54
03-05-2008, 01:49 PM

ATVZ400
03-05-2008, 01:54 PM
That's great news

HaRdKoReXXX
03-05-2008, 02:11 PM
Ive said it once Ill say it again, Mangini and Tannenbaum are on the Hot Seat in NY.

Somone send a memo to Jersey B that they shouldnt follow the Redskins 05' Free Agency plan.

nyjunc
03-05-2008, 02:14 PM
Oh please, they get an unnamed player to whine. Every team hs those players, when that player has a chance to be a FA he'll cash in if he's good enough. This happens w/ ALL teams.

nyjunc
03-05-2008, 02:21 PM
Let's be realistic here, this happens EVERYWHERE. I see opposing fans getting giddy as if this is breaking news. It happens on every team in any sport.

nyjunc
03-05-2008, 02:24 PM
This is the THIRD thread on this article.

It doesn't say Coles said these things, it may have been him but whoever it was didn't attach their name. If players from a 4-12 team are whining then so be it.

This also happens everywhere, on every single team. I am sure there are dolphins upset w/ some of the contracts they just gave out. It's human nature.

Vertical Limit
03-05-2008, 02:36 PM
This happens everywhere really. People always question what their bosses are doing, or comparing their salaries with someone else's [I'm currently underpaid at my company and I can list about 5 people on top of me who don't even do 20% of the amount that I do].

It just isn't ever made this public though.

Laveranues should focus more on getting healthy first and then prove your value. 646 yards receiving isn't going to get you a raise. Hell, it may get you a paycut. Only one 1000 yard season with the Jets, the previous were 800+.

Underachieving and bitching. I love it.

Vertical Limit
03-05-2008, 02:37 PM
:sidelol:
That is actually hilarious. lol

eomdtbtr
03-05-2008, 02:41 PM
I'm sick and bored, so to kill some time I'm going to make a mock draft and see what you guys think...

#1 Chris Long DE
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/de/chrislong.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkQDF6pghQU

#32 Sam Baker OT
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/ot/sambaker.html

#57 John Carlson TE
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/te/johncarlson.html

#64 Andre Woodson QB

Thoughts???

nyjunc
03-05-2008, 02:41 PM
This happens everywhere really. People always question what their bosses are doing, or comparing their salaries with someone else's [I'm currently underpaid at my company and I can list about 5 people on top of me who don't even do 20% of the amount that I do].

It just isn't ever made this public though.

Laveranues should focus more on getting healthy first and then prove your value. 646 yards receiving isn't going to get you a raise. Hell, it may get you a paycut. Only one 1000 yard season with the Jets, the previous were 800+.

Underachieving and bitching. I love it.

He has 2 w/ the Jets, 1 w/ Washington. Last year he was hurt or he was on his way, in '05 he had a 4th strign QB throwing him balls. W/ all that said he was givne a new deal when we reacquired him, he doesn't desever a raise UNLESS they promised him one like he claims they did.

Vertical Limit
03-05-2008, 02:47 PM
So could this be ANOTHER Pete Kendall situation or a little different?

Jets with their promises. From now on, no more promises!

The Confessor
03-05-2008, 02:50 PM
I think you ought to throw an MLB in the mix...

And also, this belongs in the DRAFT FORUM........

EDIT: Besides that, I could easily live with what you have.:up:

nyjunc
03-05-2008, 02:52 PM
So could this be ANOTHER Pete Kendall situation or a little different?

Jets with their promises. From now on, no more promises!

They better not allow it to be another Kendall situation. We finally have some positive momentum and I want to keep it.

jim1
03-05-2008, 02:52 PM
I think you ought to throw an MLB in the mix...

And also, this belongs in the DRAFT FORUM........

EDIT: Besides that, I could easily live with what you have.:up:

This is the draft forum.

guido13
03-05-2008, 03:01 PM
"Signing a declining Damien Woody from a bad Detroit [offensive line] and then changing his position might be the single dumbest move this year. Trading [linebacker Jonathan] Vilma for very little may be the second, although I'm not sure about his knee. And he has no clue what to do with [defensive tackle Dewayne] Robertson."

I decided to post this bleb from PFT to remind many of the doomsday sayers and people unhappy with our FA, that it is not just about the big names. The jest have spent a ton of money only a few people and are not upgraded by much. Most experts that I have read still believe we have had an excellent FA period by getting the right guys that fit or system for a sensible cost. We have also gotten younger.

Parcells has a penchant for talent and enjoys this side of football even more than coaching. He will do the right thing and get us turned around quickly. And he will do it without pissing anyone off because he is also very cogniscient of keeping good connections.

We will be fine.:winkwink:

WharfRat
03-05-2008, 03:10 PM
who was saying that?

A veteran Jet player?

Link?

fishypete
03-05-2008, 03:14 PM
Gee..where did I see this before? LOL.

Smoke
03-05-2008, 03:16 PM
who was saying that?

A veteran Jet player?

Link?

Coles would be my guess. He's been asking for a new contract for a while now. I know he's gotta be ticked.

fishypete
03-05-2008, 03:17 PM
who was saying that?

A veteran Jet player?

Link?

WharfRat..my friend here is the link;

X-Pacolypse
03-05-2008, 03:22 PM
The Jets are stupid.

nyjunc
03-05-2008, 03:25 PM
"Signing a declining Damien Woody from a bad Detroit [offensive line] and then changing his position might be the single dumbest move this year. Trading [linebacker Jonathan] Vilma for very little may be the second, although I'm not sure about his knee. And he has no clue what to do with [defensive tackle Dewayne] Robertson."

I decided to post this bleb from PFT to remind many of the doomsday sayers and people unhappy with our FA, that it is not just about the big names. The jest have spent a ton of money only a few people and are not upgraded by much. Most experts that I have read still believe we have had an excellent FA period by getting the right guys that fit or system for a sensible cost. We have also gotten younger.

Parcells has a penchant for talent and enjoys this side of football even more than coaching. He will do the right thing and get us turned around quickly. And he will do it without pissing anyone off because he is also very cogniscient of keeping good connections.

We will be fine.:winkwink:

So now "media insiders" declare who did well and poorly in FA?

You are going to be fine b/c of that?

it's funny how you guys dismiss PFT whenever anything negative about the dolphins appears yet here you are in glee over "media insiders" bashing the Jets.

The Jenkins deal loos ALOT better now that Cleveland gave Shaun Rogers $20+ mil in guaranteed money when we gave Jenkins $9.5.

and this "media insider" notes what the giants did last year but he fails to mention they brought in high priced guys over the previous several seasons. Guys like Plaxico, Kareem Mckenzie, Sam Madison, Antonio Pierce,...

This not an all or nothing year, it is not Super Bowl or bust. This is our FIRST dip into big name FA in about a decade.

http://giants.com/news/eisen/story.asp?story_id=6058

I know you guys are desperate to attack the Jets but we've had an excellent offseason so far. Don't be mad at us b/c Pace spurned you.

guido13
03-05-2008, 03:35 PM
So now "media insiders" declare who did well and poorly in FA?

You are going to be fine b/c of that?

it's funny how you guys dismiss PFT whenever anything negative about the dolphins appears yet here you are in glee over "media insiders" bashing the Jets.

The Jenkins deal loos ALOT better now that Cleveland gave Shaun Rogers $20+ mil in guaranteed money when we gave Jenkins $9.5.

and this "media insider" notes what the giants did last year but he fails to mention they brought in high priced guys over the previous several seasons. Guys like Plaxico, Kareem Mckenzie, Sam Madison, Antonio Pierce,...

This not an all or nothing year, it is not Super Bowl or bust. This is our FIRST dip into big name FA in about a decade.

http://giants.com/news/eisen/story.asp?story_id=6058

I know you guys are desperate to attack the Jets but we've had an excellent offseason so far. Don't be mad at us b/c Pace spurned you.

your missing the point of my post and don't be so touchy. I wa smore making a point of how it's not all about big names not necessarily bashing the jets. I personally like PFT. Good or bad they seem to get a lot of inside info

nyjunc
03-05-2008, 03:49 PM
your missing the point of my post and don't be so touchy. I wa smore making a point of how it's not all about big names not necessarily bashing the jets. I personally like PFT. Good or bad they seem to get a lot of inside info

I like the non-big name/big $ approach. I think you get more bang for the buck BUT the Jets are trying something different. The Jets had a ton of cap room and decided to pay a couple of guys. Overall they have done a great job.

-Faneca is slightly overpaid but derrick Dockery got $18.5 mil in guaranteed money so the $20-22 that Faneca got almost looks like a bargain. he significantly upgrades our Ol and he slides in btw our 2 1st rd picks from 2 years ago. he is going to be a huge factor in their development.

-We gave up a 3 and 5 to get jenkins then gave him $9.5 mil guaranteed. The Browns trdaed a 3 and a quality starting corner for Shaun Rogers AND gave him $20+ mil guaranteed. We alsoi had a deal for Dewayne Robertson that would have brought back a 4 and a 5 from Cincy, that deal is off for now but not dead.

-we signed Damien Woody to $11 mil guaranteed. Woody supposedly played well late in the year at RT and we need an upgrade at RT. Buf signed Langston Walker to be their RT and gave him $10 mil guaranteed last year. Woody is just 2 years older.

The only real outrageous deal was for Calvin Pace. We overspent, there's no question about it but we got into a bidding war w/ a rival team. BOTH teams felt Pace was a great fit as an OLB in the 3-4, this breakout year was Pace's FIRST in the 3-4.

No matter what the Jets spent there is no doubt we are ALOT better. Our OL goes from major weakness to major strength, we finally got a big body at NT and we added a guy who can rush the passer.

mtlfinfan
03-05-2008, 04:07 PM
LOL. Well at least alsmost.

We are in great shape guys!!!

BleedinGreenNC
03-05-2008, 04:08 PM
:rolleyes:

finfan54
03-05-2008, 04:10 PM
Its only common sense. I saw this coming once the deal for Jenkins and Pace went through like it did. Then woody! OMG. The New Jersey Redskins

BleedinGreenNC
03-05-2008, 04:10 PM
The Jets are stupid.

Thank you for the intelligent post!:lol:

nyjunc
03-05-2008, 04:15 PM
and the 6th time this silly article has been posted.

Yessir
03-05-2008, 04:15 PM
LOL Pace "I'm no Savior"...

Translation: I got my bread, now I'm going to straight up chill mode"....

phinasota
03-05-2008, 04:17 PM
alright!!! im glad, i hate the jets

SabanHater
03-05-2008, 04:17 PM
good. hopefully most of them just quit.
bad news for that team is great news for us.

Da Phinishisher
03-05-2008, 05:17 PM
Ya, I think the Pace comments speak louder than the disgruntled vet. It's like he's already making excuses for why he will not live up to expectations...

nwskan
03-05-2008, 05:31 PM
ESPN has the story too. http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3278105

Deof Movestofca
03-05-2008, 08:31 PM
Faneca is slightly overpaid but derrick Dockery got $18.5 mil in guaranteed money so the $20-22 that Faneca got almost looks like a bargain. he significantly upgrades our Ol and he slides in btw our 2 1st rd picks from 2 years ago. he is going to be a huge factor in their development.
An improvement that probably wouldn't have been necessary in the first place if the Jests had simply kept Kendall happy.

mindstate
03-05-2008, 09:34 PM
An improvement that probably wouldn't have been necessary in the first place if the Jests had simply kept Kendall happy.

Kendall is going on 35 this year, he would have been replaced soon enough, which is why they didn't bother keeping him happy. And considering the youth to the left and the right of the LG position, they probably would have replaced him with a veteran anyway. Enter Faneca. Faneca is not a whole lot younger than Kendall, but he is younger and is playing at a much higher level. It's a net gain for the Jets since they can afford it.

rainmaker1313
03-06-2008, 04:07 AM
Jets are crumblin! The lockerrrom wont be a pretty place. I give them 8 wins at best!

nyjunc
03-06-2008, 07:31 AM
Jets are crumblin! The lockerrrom wont be a pretty place. I give them 8 wins at best!

The dolphins LR should be a much happier place when their leader spends his offseason on dancing w/ the Stars after a 1-15 season:lol:

Vertical Limit
03-06-2008, 12:01 PM
The dolphins LR should be a much happier place when their leader spends his offseason on dancing w/ the Stars after a 1-15 season:lol:
Ouch. :lol:

:boohoo:

jetsman
03-06-2008, 11:23 PM
Bringing in older guys and getting rid of younger guys!? Recipe for disaster! One player didn't know who Pace was!? Oh, I love it!

Here,sorry to spoil your fun........not really:up:

On NFL Network last night, The show Total Access was discussing the impact Brett Favre’s retirement had on the average age of the Green Bay Packers. As of yesterday the Green Bay Packers are the youngest team in the NFL. The Miami Dolphins showed up in the list at number six. The show only displayed the seven youngest teams and here is the entire top seven with the average age per player:

1. Green Bay Packers-25 years, 300 days
2. Buffalo Bills-26 years, 66 days
3. Atlanta Falcons-26 years, 96 days
4. New York Jets-26 years, 115 days
5. Indianapolis Colts-26 years, 125 days
6. Miami Dolphins-26 years, 147 days
7. San Diego Chargers-26 years, 190 days

You can find the rest of this thread on your main forum under "DOLPHINS 6th Youngest Team in NFL".

jetsman
03-06-2008, 11:26 PM
Our front office has a poilcy of not renegotiating contracts with two or more years remaining.Kendall knew this and was a crybaby anyway.He got what he should have gotten,nothing!!!

Our front office doesn't allow our players to make them a ***** like some other teams in our division..............:boohoo:

Jets81
03-07-2008, 07:13 PM
1 of 2 things usually happens when someone feels undervalued.

1. They throw in the towel, it gets noticed, and the appropriate steps are taken.

2. They work harder feeling that they have something to prove.

Either way, the situation will work itself out.

<---------- Not worried.