PDA

View Full Version : teach me to play defense

WeVie
08-24-2003, 11:13 AM
Will you guys please teach me to play defense. I have no idea what I am doing. I can score on offense almost every time I get the ball but hell I have to because I suck on defense. I suck so bad that I always go for it on fourth down because I can't stop them on D so I am better off going go it.

I am not completely dumb as I know nickel and dime is for passing downs and the 4-3 and quater is better for run but after that that is about it. I know what QB spy is supposed to do and I know how to play tight bump and run coverage but I don't know when is the best time to do this. What is Cover 2 or Cover 3. What is under man or over man or under 4. Please help me.

Oh BTW I am talking about Madden 2004

M-REAL
08-24-2003, 12:16 PM
Wevie, look for the threads in this forum called "Defensive Woes, and "You have Questions/I have answers". PT is the man with Mad. 2004, and he's been giving us some very helpful tips. I am now 9-0/ Yr.1 with Fins, and nearly unstoppable and I'm playing on the "Pro" difficulty level.

XoPhinsoX
08-24-2003, 01:50 PM
I think using the Dime-Flat works well in passing situations.

I'm the opposite. I'm better on D then O. Also, 90% of the time I play up on the recievers. Especially with our corners.

Prime Time
08-24-2003, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by M-REAL
PT is the man

Yeah my girl says the same thing :D :lol: But I think I am one of the top5 Madden Players on this board, no offense to you losers AKA Muck :D :jk:

No but Wevie I'll help you out.

XoPhinsoX
08-24-2003, 04:38 PM
PT do you have XBOX or what system do you have it on? If you have XBOX Live I may just have to pick it up and school you :lol: .

I'm nasty with RW ;).

Iryman
08-26-2003, 04:40 PM
Here is what i have found. It works really well for the dolphins. I use man to man cover 2(in the 4-3, nickle or dime depending on how many WR there are). the front four get good pressure so i don't blitz a lot. But mix in a seau or greenwood blitz every now and then to mix it up. If they start to use a lot of slants to beat man on man then run a zone out of the same formation and that sets up a pick bigt time!!!!! That does a decent job for me.

VanDolPhan
08-26-2003, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by XoPhinsoX
PT do you have XBOX or what system do you have it on? If you have XBOX Live I may just have to pick it up and school you :lol: .

I'm nasty with RW ;).

Can't play Madden 2004 on Xbox Live because EA are being money grubbing whores and MS won't let them charge the additional cash to play online.

Prime Time
08-26-2003, 05:34 PM
I have it on PS2 but would own you easily ;). I am Madden King around herre! Yes herre ! :D

M-REAL
08-29-2003, 10:54 AM
O-Kayyyy, Mr. Madden, aren't we a little conceited now?!:lol: BTW, you just need to remember that playing against the AI is nothing like the Human mind buddy.:lol:

Jaj
08-29-2003, 12:36 PM
Mr. Madden King try winning 8 straight SBs with the Cowboys.:eek: in Mexico.

Barbarian
08-29-2003, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by Jaj
Mr. Madden King try winning 8 straight SBs with the Cowboys.:eek: in Mexico.

When you moved them to Mexico, did you change the team name to "The Gringo's"

just curious. ;)

Prime Time
08-29-2003, 11:03 PM
:lol: The Gringos....:rofl:

Hey, I will mess you up in this game M-Real ;). I am Madden King..anyone want to go...BRING IT!

to my house.... :D