PDA

View Full Version : 12 Weeks!!!



outtawack311
08-24-2003, 04:24 PM
Thats crazy. Pennington out for that long = J-E-T-S SUCK SUCK SUCK. I feel bad for the kid he was going to have a great season.

30-3 last year was nothing compared to this years games.

XoPhinsoX
08-24-2003, 04:25 PM
Where'd you get 12 weeks from?

ckparrothead
08-24-2003, 04:32 PM
Yeah man I was hearing that a "normal" person would be expected to heal within 6-8 weeks, but since he's an athlete he'll probably be rushed back way sooner than that...especially since it was his non-throwing hand.

Predaphin
08-24-2003, 04:38 PM
Can we get a link or source please?????

Agua
08-24-2003, 04:38 PM
They had to use seven pins just to get his hand structure stable. There is no way in hell he's coming back in 6-8 weeks. The 12 weeks was a MINIMUM. Due to his being a competitor and an athlete, if you wanted to shave a week to a week and a half off that, I might grant that as a miracle recovery, but he ain't coming back in a month and a half.

Agua
08-24-2003, 04:39 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1602049

Jets sources say he may be out entire season.

Fresh
08-24-2003, 04:55 PM
OUCH

Samphin
08-24-2003, 06:10 PM
Yeah go to ESPN.com and they have the stpry on him being out a minimum of 12 weeks. Jets sources stated that he could miss the enitre season. However, the story also states these types of injuries depend on the healing ability of the individual so it is possible that if he miraculousy recovers he could be back in like 10 or so.

BizarroAndres
08-24-2003, 06:18 PM
That sucks, and even though i hate the jets and hope they lose every game against us, I still hate it when players get injured. I liked to watch him play last year and I hope this doesnt affect his carrer. Also, you never know, Vinny Testaverde might have a great season.

The Beach Bum
08-24-2003, 09:45 PM
he'll be back just in time for us to crush him in december... :)

TerryTate
08-24-2003, 11:19 PM
bizarro why do u have that picture in ur sig? if you like Miami, thats a crappy picture of Charlie Rogers's head being twisted, if u are a bucs fan, that picture is just dirty and not a clean tackle, whats up with that?

Emskirch
08-25-2003, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by outtawack311
Thats crazy. Pennington out for that long = J-E-T-S SUCK SUCK SUCK. I feel bad for the kid he was going to have a great season.

30-3 last year was nothing compared to this years games.

Maybe you should fall and break your legs and have to sit in a wheelchair for 12 weeks. Man its not good to laugh about an injury. :yell:

Barbarian
08-26-2003, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by Emskirch


Maybe you should fall and break your legs and have to sit in a wheelchair for 12 weeks. Man its not good to laugh about an injury. :yell:

Ummm, dude, he said he felt sorry for Pennington and that he thought he was in for a great season.

I know he slammed the jets in there, but he did qualify those statements as well.

Emskirch
08-26-2003, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by Barbarian


Ummm, dude, he said he felt sorry for Pennington and that he thought he was in for a great season.

I know he slammed the jets in there, but he did qualify those statements as well.

Sorry, I shouldn't hit the bottle and post, my bad.... :eek:

Barbarian
08-27-2003, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by Emskirch


Sorry, I shouldn't hit the bottle and post, my bad.... :eek:
S'cool, I've posted in that condition a couple of times myself. ;)