PDA

View Full Version : Goodell Proposes New Rules to Keep Teams from Spying

MattM
03-08-2008, 10:49 AM
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/08/sports/football/08spy.html?_r=1&ref=sports&oref=slogin

My favorite part of the article is when the reporter says, "some may call it the "Patriot Rule"". The asterisking of the Pats* "dynasty" continues unabated. All we need now is for Walsh to come forward with that inevitable Rams SB Walkthrough tape, and it sounds like there's been some progress on that front there as well as per the article.....

Iroquois Joe
03-08-2008, 11:15 AM
Like its a league wide problem.
What will they come out with next to minimize NE's duplicity?

MR NFLFAN
03-08-2008, 03:31 PM
Like its a league wide problem.
What will they come out with next to minimize NE's duplicity?

Its that attitude that has gotten the league to where it is today. With all thats surfaced recently its amazing that there are still people who believe denial is just a river in Egypt.

kasaba13
03-08-2008, 03:56 PM
let's make a list of all the teams caught cheating:

1) Patriots (many times)

late again
03-09-2008, 03:51 AM
let's make a list of all the teams caught cheating:

1) Patriots (many times)

2) Denver
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A28969-2004Sep17.html

3) San Francisco
http://www.boulderpublishing.com/sports/football/a382023a.shtml

Also an interesting article written by a former NFL DT concerning cheating in the NFL.
http://ezinearticles.com/?Cheating-in-the-NFL&id=735234

MLTKRT
03-09-2008, 06:29 AM
The Pats* days are coming to a close!!:sidelol:

MR NFLFAN
03-09-2008, 11:27 AM
2) Denver
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A28969-2004Sep17.html

3) San Francisco
http://www.boulderpublishing.com/sports/football/a382023a.shtml

Also an interesting article written by a former NFL DT concerning cheating in the NFL.
http://ezinearticles.com/?Cheating-in-the-NFL&id=735234

Thanks for the links Late Again. The article from the former Player sums it up pretty accurately although I know that in this forum it will fall on deaf ears. Not all but most poster here are concerned with further penalizing NE and only NE and could care less about any other reports that further exposes the NFL of cheating being a way of life in the league. The Denver and San Francisco salary cap violations are further proof of that. Neither were swept under the carpet but everybody seems to forget about them like they didn't give those teams a competitive advantage when in fact the cap was created to give parity to teams who otherwise wouldn't be able to compete for players financially. I don't know perhaps they just feel more comfortable living inside their own little bubble of denial.

satz
03-10-2008, 02:27 PM
This wil not fly because of if they do this defense which have been playing with one hand tied are going to slow the offensive scoring and scoring selling tickets.

Phin-o-rama
03-10-2008, 03:12 PM
it just gets funnier and funnier ...Patrilolsts

TomBradyWoot
03-10-2008, 11:55 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/08/sports/football/08spy.html?_r=1&ref=sports&oref=slogin

My favorite part of the article is when the reporter says, "some may call it the "Patriot Rule"". The asterisking of the Pats* "dynasty" continues unabated. All we need now is for Walsh to come forward with that inevitable Rams SB Walkthrough tape, and it sounds like there's been some progress on that front there as well as per the article.....
UH OH! MATTM THE BIASED BUFFALO FAN SAYS PATS*! THAT MUST BE WHAT GOODELL DOES NOW! If Walsh even has anything, it's probably nothing new.

And it doesn't matter anyways. It's not going to change anybody's opinion. MattM, if the NFL comes out and says "Matt Walsh has produced nothing we didn't already know about" you're just going to say "This is Roger Goodell covering everything up!" and if he says "Matt Walsh has produced tons of new evidence that shows the Patriots cheated constantly" you're just going to say "See! Pats*!" which you already do now.

So really, it's not like Walsh talking does anything at this point.

dantheman#1fan
03-11-2008, 12:08 AM
i think thats funny "the patriot rule" but im bein serious since they were caught cheating shouldnt they be put down at least one lose on there record for last year

MR NFLFAN
03-11-2008, 12:42 AM
i think thats funny "the patriot rule" but im bein serious since they were caught cheating shouldnt they be put down at least one lose on there record for last year

They did 18-1

Seeing as the tape was taken by jets officials before the 1st half it would have been impossible for anything illegally video taped to ever have been used in that game. The broke the video tape rule during the jets game but obviously the tape was never used to cheat.

Phinfan31
03-11-2008, 05:12 AM
:lol::lol::lol

:sidelol::sidelol::sidelol:

at the pats and their fans

Phin-o-rama
03-11-2008, 08:36 AM
even if matt walsh DIDN'T have more tape....the whole dynasty is STILL tainted....

this matt walsh thing is just icing on the cake baby....

TomBradyWoot
03-11-2008, 09:54 AM
:lol::lol::lol

:sidelol::sidelol::sidelol:

at the pats and their fans

:sidelol::sidelol::sidelol: at Ted Ginn 9th overall and Miami not being in the post-season since 2001:sidelol::hi5:

Phin-o-rama
03-11-2008, 11:43 AM
:sidelol::sidelol::sidelol: at Ted Ginn 9th overall and Miami not being in the post-season since 2001:sidelol::hi5:

thats prolly right around the time you started watching football....and shortly after you became a "Pat" fan...

I'd rather suck then go through the embarrassment of being a patsy fan right now...this **** is awesome.

:woot:

Brassmonki14120
03-11-2008, 12:49 PM
It may have given the Pats coaches an edge but the Pats players still played their butts off and won the games. The coaching may have not been as great as it seemed to have been but you can't take anything away from the players.

A dynasty with an asterisk is still a dynasty.

TomBradyWoot
03-11-2008, 01:10 PM
thats prolly right around the time you started watching football....and shortly after you became a "Pat" fan...

I'd rather suck then go through the embarrassment of being a patsy fan right now...this **** is awesome.
So just because the team I like is good, I must be a bandwagoner? I couldn't be a fan of my hometown teams, I must be a bandwagoner? I guess I'm a bandwagoner because the Red Sox are World Series champions and the Celtics have the best record in the NBA. Nevermind that the Red Sox didn't win a championship until 2004 and the Celtics blew the last few years - they're good now and I'm a fan so I'm a bandwagoner. Give me a break.

And that's fine, you can take your 1-15 and not making the playoffs since a first round exit in 2001 and not making the conference championship since 1992, I'm perfectly fine with what my team has done going to five super bowls in that same time frame. Whether they taped defensive signals or not (which Miami did the same thing under Jimmy Johnson, btw - look how much it helped them), the plays still have to be executed.

Phin-o-rama
03-11-2008, 01:25 PM
grats on your tainted dynasty

TomBradyWoot
03-23-2008, 03:59 AM
And just to update, the competition committee decided against suggesting any "real" rules to be imposed. They suggest team employees be required to report all violations to the league office. Their proposal will also require each team's senior management executive to report violations by their own club or other teams.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/03/06/AR2008030603654.html Goodell to the Competition Committee

http://www.newsday.com/sports/football/ny-spnfl0322,0,5592444.story Competition Committee's response

But yes, Goodell is trying to cover it all up for Kraft and the Pats.

SpaceMountain16
03-23-2008, 01:24 PM
So just because the team I like is good, I must be a bandwagoner? I couldn't be a fan of my hometown teams, I must be a bandwagoner? I guess I'm a bandwagoner because the Red Sox are World Series champions and the Celtics have the best record in the NBA. Nevermind that the Red Sox didn't win a championship until 2004 and the Celtics blew the last few years - they're good now and I'm a fan so I'm a bandwagoner. Give me a break.

And that's fine, you can take your 1-15 and not making the playoffs since a first round exit in 2001 and not making the conference championship since 1992, I'm perfectly fine with what my team has done going to five super bowls in that same time frame. Whether they taped defensive signals or not (which Miami did the same thing under Jimmy Johnson, btw - look how much it helped them), the plays still have to be executed.

Why are you giving me history lessons?

The Dolphins entire franchise has DOMINATED the Patriots franchise in "HISTORY"

Like i care about numbers you are throwing out about Jimmy Johnson and 1992 and whatever the hell else.

The Patriots are better than the Dolphins now, thats really all that matters.

TomBradyWoot
03-23-2008, 11:22 PM
Why are you giving me history lessons?

The Dolphins entire franchise has DOMINATED the Patriots franchise in "HISTORY"

Like i care about numbers you are throwing out about Jimmy Johnson and 1992 and whatever the hell else.

The Patriots are better than the Dolphins now, thats really all that matters.
Actually, phin-o-rama was getting it since he clearly needed it, but if you think winning 57% of the games is dominating, then you have low domination standards.

HaRdKoReXXX
03-24-2008, 05:41 PM
Actually, phin-o-rama was getting it since he clearly needed it, but if you think winning 57% of the games is dominating, then you have low domination standards.

When you consider most of those wins came in the last 10 years (when the Pats were actually relevant) he does have a point.

PS, we only have losing records against 6 franchises. How many do the Pats have?... since we're on the subject of History :winkwink:

TomBradyWoot
03-26-2008, 12:56 AM
When you consider most of those wins came in the last 10 years (when the Pats were actually relevant) he does have a point.

PS, we only have losing records against 6 franchises. How many do the Pats have?... since we're on the subject of History :winkwink:
Actually, it's 7 franchises but why be petty? The answer is 16. I mean 4 or 5 of them are of the 4-5 type variety but, whatever. Losing record is a losing record.

PS, we've been in 6 Super Bowls and won 3. How many Super Bowl appearances/wins do the Dolphins have?...since we're on the subject of History :winkwink: (And I don't care about the cheating argument you're going to bring up, because like I've been saying it doesn't matter what asterisk your opinion puts on it, history is history and that's what there, and that's what's being discussed.)

PS, we're undefeated against 3 franchises. How many franchises are the Dolphins undefeated against?...since we're on the subject of History :winkwink:

PS, we've beaten every franchise at least once. How many franchises have the Dolphins not beaten yet?...since we're on the subject of History :winkwink: (HINT: It's the same amount of wins this season for the Dolphins)

The point is, you can bring up 100 different things for each franchise if you really wanted to go that route. But if you guys want to bring up history, be my guest. I'd rather discuss the point that everybody accuses Goodell of playing coverup (and not just for Spygate) but he got the 49ers on tampering and tried to implement new rules to make it easier to slam the violaters, and the competition committee (which is made up of coaches and GMs and such) essentially decided against it.