PDA

View Full Version : My team in my Money League

UT-Phinz
08-25-2003, 03:56 AM
Alright, me and 11 of my friends and coworkers from my old place of employment did our draft tonight. This is a money league which required a $15 buy in, with $180 being split up at the end of the year.

$100 - Super Bowl Champion
$50 - Super Bowl Loser
$30 - Regular Season Champion

12 teams in this league, and EVERYONE knew their stuff. This one was a really difficult draft, and I think that most everybody has a pretty well balanced team and it's going to be a very hard call to see who pulls off the win at the end of the year.

Keep in mind that this was a very deep draft and pretty much everybody in this league knew what they were doing. Out of the first two rounds (24 picks) only 6 of those picks were not spent on a running back, so that means 18 of the starting RBs were gone by the end of the 2nd round leaving very slim pickings after that. There were a total of 54 RBs drafted, and 70 WRs drafted.

Anyways, here's my team.

QB - Aaron Brooks
RB - Ricky Williams
RB - Stephen Davis
WR - Koren Robinson
WR - Peerless Price
WR - Marc Boerigter
TE - Alge Crumpler
RB/WR - Stacey Mack
K - John Carney
DEF - Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Bench - Brad Johnson
Bench - Santana Moss
Bench - Ashley Lelie
Bench - Derrius Thompson
Bench - Troy Hambrick
Bench - LaBrandon Toefield
Bench - Indianopolis Colts Defense

I picked up Toefield because I'm really hoping that Fred Taylor goes down with his annual injury early giving me a 5th RB who is seeing time.

All of the teams in my league drafted either 4 or 5 RBs on their roster. I'm the only one who has 4 legitimate starters, and there is one team who has Priest Holmes, Curtis Martin, Onterrio Smith (who may or may not be a good pick) and then Justin Fargas (rookie from Oakland who may not see any time). Based upon how this draft went, I think I ended up very solid.

Thoughts and insights?

Emskirch
08-25-2003, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by UT-Phinz

QB - Aaron Brooks
RB - Ricky Williams
RB - Stephen Davis
WR - Koren Robinson
WR - Peerless Price
WR - Marc Boerigter
TE - Alge Crumpler
RB/WR - Stacey Mack
K - John Carney
DEF - Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Bench - Brad Johnson
Bench - Santana Moss
Bench - Ashley Lelie
Bench - Derrius Thompson
Bench - Troy Hambrick
Bench - LaBrandon Toefield
Bench - Indianopolis Colts Defense

IThoughts and insights?

I love your two starting backs, Davis will have a great year this year. Brooks is decent, hopefully he can bust out for you this year. Robinson is going to be a stud. I am not too keen on Price, but being a #2 on your team you could have done alot worse, lol. Marc B is a stud, and if he gets the time, he will pay out huge for you. Alge will be huge this year, and Mack must have been a steal. You D and K are as good as they get.

I don't like B Johnson, but he is serviceable. Moss and Lelie if they get the chance will be real good this year. Thompson is a deep sleeper, nice pick with Hambrick and Toefield.

The only problem I have with your team, is who will be filling in at WR on a bye? I guess you can see who produces out of the three on the bench.

If this is a 12 team league with good owners, you must have screwed a lot of them with your RB's, looks like someone will have a real nice year.

:tongue: :tongue:

UT-Phinz
08-25-2003, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Emskirch

I love your two starting backs, Davis will have a great year this year. Brooks is decent, hopefully he can bust out for you this year. Robinson is going to be a stud. I am not too keen on Price, but being a #2 on your team you could have done alot worse, lol. Marc B is a stud, and if he gets the time, he will pay out huge for you. Alge will be huge this year, and Mack must have been a steal. You D and K are as good as they get.

I don't like B Johnson, but he is serviceable. Moss and Lelie if they get the chance will be real good this year. Thompson is a deep sleeper, nice pick with Hambrick and Toefield.

The only problem I have with your team, is who will be filling in at WR on a bye? I guess you can see who produces out of the three on the bench.

If this is a 12 team league with good owners, you must have screwed a lot of them with your RB's, looks like someone will have a real nice year.

:tongue: :tongue:

I had the #2 overall pick, and Tomlinson went first. He was my #1 rated RB, so my 2nd pick came down to a choice between Williams and Portis. I usually make my draft decisions very logically and impartially, and while my logic was saying Portis, I let my personal loyalties to the Phins sway me on this one pick of the whole draft. Run Ricky Run!!!

I was very happy that Davis made it back around to me, but after I took him, and then Curtis Martin dropped after him, there was nothing better on the board than Trung Candidate, Stacey Mack, or Correll Buckhalter. I'm not as keen on Buckhalter as I was now that Staley is back in camp.

I feel like I did reach a little bit to snag Boerigter, but when I took him alot of the guys sighed or complained because they were just about to jump on him. Guess I did it at exactly the right time. I had to get him though, because my other two "must have" sleepers went way earlier than I had them projected. Stallworth went with the 7th pick of the 4th round, and Quincy Morgan dropped with the 4th pick into the 5th round.

Here's my draft order:

#1 pick – Ricky Williams – RB – Miami Dolphins
#2 pick – Stephen Davis – RB – Carolina Panthers
#3 pick – Koren Robinson – WR – Seattle Seahawks
#4 pick – Peerless Price – WR – Atlanta Falcons
#5 pick – Aaron Brooks – QB – New Orleans Saints
#6 pick – Stacey Mack – RB – Houston Texans
#7 pick – Marc Boerigter – WR – Kansas City Chiefs
#8 pick – Troy Hambrick – RB – Dallas Cowboys
#9 pick – Tampa Bay Buccaneers - DEF
#10 pick – Santana Moss – WR – New York Jets
#11 pick – Alge Crumpler – TE – Atlanta Falcons
#12 pick – Brad Johnson – QB – Tampa Bay Buccaneers
#13 pick – Ashley Lelie – WR – Denver Broncos
#14 pick – John Carney – K – New Orleans Saints
#15 pick – LaBrandon Toefield – RB – Jacksonville Jaguars
#16 pick – Indianapolis Colts - DEF
#17 pick – Derrius Thompson – WR – Miami Dolphins

I took Brad Johnson as my backup in the 12th, and I almost had Hasselbeck as my backup. He went 10 picks before the selection got back to me in the round I was gonna jump on him. I was really hoping, but ah well...

Just to give you an idea of how straight the heads were screwed on at this draft, Michael Vick didn't get drafted until the 10th round. I was just about to take him when he went 2 picks before my turn. Damn you Billmire!!!

I'm not too worried about my bye week backup WR, because the same thing happened with just about every single team. Everybody pretty much has a legitimate #1 through 3, and then big question marks after that. To give you an idea, the guy who I feel has the best WR depth has the following:

Hines Ward, Chad Johnson, Quincy Morgan, Todd Pinkston, Joey Galloway, Marcus Robinson

BUT, here is the same guy's RBs...

Marshall Faulk, Fred Taylor, Kevan Barlow, Doug Chapman, Lamar Gordon

Here is another one with solid WRs, but again, take a look at his RBs too...

Jerry Rice, Jerry Porter, Rod Gardner, Darrell Jackson, Tai Streets, Reggie Wayne, Andre Johnson

Deuce McAllister, Duce Staley, Larry Johnson, Chris Brown (backup for the titans), Ladell Betts

:lol:

Whatever happens, it sure will be a blast of a year!!!