PDA

View Full Version : Attention: PHP Gurus, Graphic Artists, and More!

FinHeavenAJ
08-25-2003, 09:22 PM
Hello everyone!

I am looking for a couple of individuals that are willing to spend some extra time on FinHeaven & Co. Basically, we are looking for a couple of new staff members that know PHP/MySQL, some graphics program (Photoshop preferred), and any other area. I am personally looking for some help. I know a little bit about everything, but there are some things which I cannot do.

I am looking for ambitious individuals that don't mind spending some free time with the site. If you own your own business, this is great for advertising. In addition, if you plan on doing something in the near future that involves something like PHP or Photoshop, this would look great on the resume.

So, if anyone is interested, please let me know. I really look forward to hearing your response. If you have any questions, please let me know.

Sincerely,
Andrew Tatum

*PS: This will remain in this forum for about one day, and then be moved to the News & Announcement forum.

SkapePhin
08-25-2003, 10:50 PM
I dont know what is up, but my photoshop keeps freezing my comp and it is really ticking me off... :(

Ill keep trying... But it looks like it will continue to be a slow process

BigFinFan
08-25-2003, 11:01 PM
I use Paint Shop Pro. I like it a lot better than PhotoShop.

FinHeavenAJ
08-25-2003, 11:14 PM
Well, even if you use that, if you would like to design wallpapers for the site, please let me know. :cool:

SkapePhin has already agreed to design wallpapers, but the more the merrier (is that even a word? LOL)

Sincerely,
Andrew Tatum

DOLPHAN1
08-26-2003, 12:42 AM
"I dont know what is up, but my photoshop keeps freezing my comp and it is really ticking me off... "

try checking your system resources and upgrade your RAM memory. if the resources are 85% or lower on a 95/98/ME computer, then you need to do some cleaning. if the PF usage on XP is 150 or higher then the same needs to be done. the more memory you can add the better. max out the computers ablility if you can. memory is cheap right now.

photoshop is a resource hog. pm me if you need help or have more questions.

Amin
08-26-2003, 10:54 AM
hi, i own a data management firm and i work with php and mysql all the time. im not sure what you guys are looking for, but you can email me at: omar@clockworkdata.com

you can check out our website: www.clockworkdata.com, most of our services revolve around opt-in email marketing but we do alot of customized programming for our customers, ie setting up surveys, content management portals, email portals, shopping carts, you know, all that good stuff.

alright, let me know what you got in mind,
peace,
omar

rhadaddy
08-26-2003, 03:56 PM
however, my wife just had a son yesterday, So I'll be pretty busy for a while. Let me know what you need done, and I'll see if I can get it done.

BruceDickinson
08-29-2003, 11:34 PM
Andrew I can do some stuff, I already did a few wallpapers which you can find at
www.geocities.com/trolldaddy52/donate.html

Just click on the wallpaper section.

I have done alot of banners for sites, and contribute alot to www.maddennation.com

and run my own madden league at www.maddennation.com/hustler

I do all work on photoshop, and would be glad to send you any fins wallpapers I do since they are my favorite obviously.

Im not a pro, but everyone thinks I do good work :D

BruceDickinson
08-30-2003, 12:01 AM
Yo AJ, here is my most recent work I did yesterday for a member at MN who donated money for a signature pic, (I made sig pics for donations towards our new forum skin)

Anyways check it out.

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Muck
08-30-2003, 01:37 AM
wow

Can we win a SB
08-30-2003, 06:55 PM
that is freakin nice..

SkapePhin
08-31-2003, 11:24 AM
Man... this sucks.. Photoshop is completely worthless to me now.. Ithere is still like 20 Gigs left on my hard drive but it appears whenever I use photoshop the CPU Usage spikes up past 100% and freezes my comp... Not sure what can be done.. It started after I got that msblast worm.. but I got rid of that already..

P4E
08-31-2003, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by rhadaddy
however, my wife just had a son yesterday, So I'll be pretty busy for a while. Let me know what you need done, and I'll see if I can get it done.
Hang on there, rhadaddy....

Did you just cite the birth of a lil rhababy???

Well, damn! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!

:thewave: :thewave::thewave: :thewave::thewave: :thewave:

Muck
08-31-2003, 02:51 PM
You have PM, Skape.

A&O
09-01-2003, 01:51 AM
I been using Photoshop since version 3.5. I have a degree in computer design and much experience in the field. I mainly do web animation but I've done it all- from 3D animation to print.

Emskirch
09-01-2003, 10:44 AM
My Inquiry came up lame Andrew, the fellows are buried at the moment, they said if things let up they would let me know and be happy to help.. :dance:

XoPhinsoX
09-01-2003, 12:38 PM
I thought I posted this but I guess I didn't.

I think it would be cool if someone made a flash movie for this site when you first enter ;).

Spice it up a bit.

T-ROCK
09-16-2003, 11:18 PM
I'm not exactly a Guru, but I'd be happy to help anyone make a personalized signature photo if I can... I use PhotoImpact because I get it free at work for my Laptop...

Phinz1972
10-20-2003, 01:04 AM
Here is a sample of my work:

(I did this for a contest on hollafront)

FinHeavenAJ
10-20-2003, 09:10 AM
I have to head out... but that looks awesome man. I should be home later tonight, but have a few things to do. However, I'll definitely get back in touch with you.

03-26-2004, 07:15 PM
I can lend a hand in the Photoshop area. I have been using the product for many years and do at least one print piece each year (Quark). Anyhow I have designed a few sites mostly work related (I have been doing computer based training since 1990 mostly web based the last 4-5 years.. by day I am 100% management but still do some freebee graphics work when I can (mostly CD design and print work for bands). Anyhow, I am new to the site but have been a dolphins fan since 72 and just moved to south florida.. 1st year season tickets. I work full days but if you need any, clean up-compression for web work on graphical ideas.. let me know.

p.s. I try to visit the site nightly, great job to the team that supports it.