PDA

View Full Version : First Time Jersey Change

TractorTraylor
03-12-2008, 03:45 PM
So I finally tried to do a jersey change as part of a sig for a fellow member here. I think I the looks of it are alright but I can seem to get the same color saturation as a normal photo. Anyone have any suggestions or comments?

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Charlie Brown
03-13-2008, 02:25 PM
Not bad for your 1st time. :up:

jersey switches are difficult and take a lot of time.

I use GIMP so I dont know if its the same as Photoshop, but on GIMP I go to Colorize and I adjust the slider bars and get the colors close as possible. To make it look realistic add some lighting and contrast

TractorTraylor
03-13-2008, 02:55 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2008/03/stormiscoming2webru0-1.jpg

Ok, so I tried to change some of the levels a little bit to make it seem not as clean and I think it helps.. still, any other suggestions or 'how to's will always help..

In_Flames
03-14-2008, 11:27 AM
Nice work man! :hi5:

alen1
03-14-2008, 04:37 PM
Really good for your first one. I like it.

TractorTraylor
03-14-2008, 05:13 PM
Thanks guys, any suggestions or improvements?

In_Flames
03-14-2008, 08:40 PM
Thanks guys, any suggestions or improvements?
I wish I could offer up some helpful advice brotha, however I just recently did my own first semi uni change which you see below in my sig. It's more or less trial and error mixed with alot of patience. darkmistress is the master of the uni change so you may want to seek her out for advice. ;)

TractorTraylor
03-14-2008, 11:59 PM
I wish I could offer up some helpful advice brotha, however I just recently did my own first semi uni change which you see below in my sig. It's more or less trial and error mixed with alot of patience. darkmistress is the master of the uni change so you may want to seek her out for advice. ;)

Hey In_Flames... I really like your work so I was wondering if I could ask you a few questions..

- Are you a photoshop or GIMP guy?
- What do you do to get such sharp colors (I noticed that your sigs are very vibrant and have a great level of contrast, what effects do you use?)
-When you did your Chris Long sig, how did you switch the jersey.. I know I faded mine to B&W then colored it in but there must be a better, faster way

In_Flames
03-15-2008, 03:30 PM
Hey In_Flames... I really like your work so I was wondering if I could ask you a few questions..

- Are you a photoshop or GIMP guy?
- What do you do to get such sharp colors (I noticed that your sigs are very vibrant and have a great level of contrast, what effects do you use?)
-When you did your Chris Long sig, how did you switch the jersey.. I know I faded mine to B&W then colored it in but there must be a better, faster way

Thanks man,

-Photoshop all the way.
-I play around with the Brightness/Contrast levels until I get the look I'm going for.
-I messed around with the Color Balance levels of the original Virginia jersey, after it had been Grayscaled and then switched to a color mode, until I matched the aqua color of the Phins' in a seperate layer then when finished I merged the two images. I then searched for and matched the UVA helmet with a Phin helmet and resized to match image, then simply used a line tool to finish off the outer numbering and it's shadow on the jersey. Finally, I added the basic jersey images such as the sleeve logo, shoulder #, and Phin font.

Hope that helped. ;)

like2god
03-15-2008, 05:19 PM
Nice job :up: