PDA

View Full Version : Weather Channel founder to sue Gore over Global Warming mis-information

The Confessor
03-14-2008, 12:42 PM
It was just a matter of time.

Al Gore (Somebody explain to me how this guy won a Nobel price again?????) is being sued by the founder of the Weather channel in regards to Gore's pushing of mis-information in regards to Global warming.

The founder of the Weather Channel wants to sue Al Gore for fraud, hoping a legal debate will settle the global-warming debate once and for all.

It is gonna come down to two groups of Scientists debating what is actaully what with Global warming...My money is on The Weather Channel :up:

Since we can't get a debate, I thought perhaps if we had a legal challenge and went into a court of law, where it was our scientists and their scientists, and all the legal proceedings with the discovery and all their documents from both sides and scientific testimony from both sides, we could finally get a good solid debate on the issue," Coleman said. "I'm confident that the advocates of 'no significant effect from carbon dioxide' would win the case."

The basis of his arguement

"As you look at the atmosphere over the last 25 years, there's been perhaps a degree of warming, perhaps probably a whole lot less than that, and the last year has been so cold that that's been erased," he said.

...and here is my favorite part.....

"I think if we continue the cooling trend a couple of more years, the general public will at last begin to realize that they've been scammed on this global-warming thing."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,337710,00.html

finswin56
03-14-2008, 01:12 PM
Very interesting stuff from him about this whole topic for a while now.

BTW, he doesn't own the station anymore. I'll adjust the title for you ;)
In fact he's been rather loud in his criticism of TWC in their continued support of "Global Warming propaganda".

The Confessor
03-14-2008, 01:20 PM
Very interesting stuff from him about this whole topic for a while now.

BTW, he doesn't own the station anymore. I'll adjust the title for you ;)
In fact he's been rather loud in his criticism of TWC in their continued support of "Global Warming propaganda".

Always good to have a guardian angel looking over my shoulder Joe..:up:

Pocoloco
03-14-2008, 01:29 PM
to some extent, it doesn't really matter whether or not we all think global warming is happening. And that lawsuit is unlikely to settle anything, especially with ironclad statistical logic like last year was cold

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDsIFspVzfI

The Confessor
03-14-2008, 01:39 PM
to some extent, it doesn't really matter whether or not we all think global warming is happening. And that lawsuit is unlikely to settle anything, especially with ironclad statistical logic like last year was cold

I agree on both points..

What bothers me is how Gore has sensationalized this with "The sky is falling, the sky is falling" to an embarrassing level.

If this is nothing more than dis-crediting BOTH individuals, that is fine with me:up:

Celtkin
03-16-2008, 09:21 PM
Guys, they are both right.

- If mankind increases global CO2 levels, the earth heats up.
- The earth cycles through ages of global cooling
- These two effects can effectively cancel one another out or can be dominate, depending on whether we are in the rise or fall of an ice age.
- Previous global warming trends have been recorded that were not due to man and, in fact, predated man, but all involved increases in greenhouse gasses.

FINintheMOON
03-16-2008, 11:59 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDsIFspVzfI

Very nice argument bro... However, not realistic. There is nothing that we, as mankind, can do to change what is happening to our planet. Now this is my belief and may, or may not, be shared by others...

There are so many more events happening with our planet that govern the warming and cooling of our planet. And this doesn't even take into consideration of what is happening with our sun...

Has mankind had an impact on our planet? Without a doubt!!! But has it changed to overall health of the planet? Highly unlikely...

Let's put it this way... You have a ship that is cruising towards a port. All controls are lost on that ship... Much like the movie Speed 2... You have a John boat and all you can do is try to misdirect that ship. Now while you may force it of it's course by 100 feet in 10 miles running, the ship is still going to hit the port at full speed.

No matter what we do, the event is going to happen. And this is where your VIDEO gets beached!!! Column C, Row C is the true equation...:up:

Coral Reefer
03-17-2008, 01:52 AM
This is one of the stupidest things I've ever seen.

This guy wants to sue to bring a case that can't be proven either way completely by any scientist to be decided by legal minds trying to determine a winner of an extensive amount of scientific evidence and arguments that will be produced by both sides.

That's Idiocy.

To those that continually post that "they doubt" that any pollutants we increase the load of on this planet would be able to affect it's health in such a detrimental way I question exactly how you came to such a confidence?

There are countless examples of how pollution has destroyed or altered ecosystems in specific areas. So why would it be such an absurd thing to be concerned and make a point to study and monitor whether these wastes we produce could at some point affect the earths health as a whole?

I just don't see why that concern should cause such outrage.

The qoute below sums it up for me.

So-called “global warming” is just a secret ploy by wacko tree-huggers to make America energy independent, clean our air and water, improve the fuel efficiency of our vehicles, kick-start21st-century industries, and make our cities safer and more livable.

Don’t let them get away with it!

– Chip Giller
Founder of Grist.org

Yes the horror of these goals such wacko's are pushing for!

DolfinDave
03-17-2008, 02:34 AM
How would this guy even have standing in court, even if its a class action lawsuit?

padre31
03-17-2008, 08:00 AM
How would this guy even have standing in court, even if its a class action lawsuit?

"If" he bought a single "carbon credit" either jointly or by himself from Gore's company, he then can claim fraud.

ch19079
03-17-2008, 09:50 AM
A lawsuit will solve nothing. Both sides will have tons of "scientists" that will produce all kinds of data that cansels eachother out. Its just a publicity stunt.

Gore won a piece prize because if it wasnt for him, only a fraction of the people of america would have even heard of global warming. With his name and his actions he has made "global warming" a house hold name. Even if you dont believe it, you still talk about it.

saying last year was cold doesnt really change much. The increase in temperature has been seen over a long period of recorded history. 1 year doenst change that.

The earth does go through global warm and global cool periods. We are currently in a global warming period. We should expect the global temp to increase slightly over time. The problem is that since scientists cant find a specific solution (human co2 emissions = X degrees increase per year) they are left to guess. Some guess high, some guess low, while some have the earth cooling.

They can show me videos of smoke stacks and pollution, but thats really only a fraction of what the earth naturally produces. Im more scared of 1 major volcanic eruption than I am with the level of co2 producted in one country.