PDA

View Full Version : Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 -- Official Launch Thread **MERGED**

mor911
03-15-2008, 04:32 PM
So?? Who's Excited about this? Who's getting launch day? Who's getting it today? :lol:

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

I'm evil i know

Nappy Roots
03-15-2008, 04:56 PM
when does it launch? cuz im about to buy a ps3 with that im buying MLB the Show and COD4.

mor911
03-15-2008, 05:23 PM
comes out on the 18th

FinsNCanes
03-15-2008, 07:44 PM
Err..hate you Mor..teach me.

Anyway..I'll be picking it up soon as it comes out. I think I'm going to get in on the 360 more or less because I have a headset for that system. Although..I heard this time around it was designed around the ps3 unlike last time.

Bruzer
03-15-2008, 09:04 PM
lol nice mor...

Regan21286
03-15-2008, 09:24 PM
Nice. Now I'm jealous. If you could please include your IP address so I can forward it to the right authorities. :tongue:

Dolphin1184
03-15-2008, 09:44 PM
Watch out for the M$ police. ;)

unluckyluciano
03-15-2008, 09:50 PM
Hmmm might have to scoop it for the pc.

Amars
03-15-2008, 10:34 PM
******* you getting it already.

mor911
03-17-2008, 09:20 AM
This isn't a review because I haven't tried all of the modes/options and I've only got 4-5 hours of game time in.

All I've played so far in the co-op campaign on the Normal difficulty. It starts off having nothing to do with the major cliff hanger at the end of RB6:v1. It plays and looks very similar to the first game. This isn't a compliment. I remember being wowed by RB6:V1 when it came out... But I guess the game didn't age very well. Since the first game launched, we've some of the best looking games EVER come out. Gears, CoD4, and Mass Effect have all blessed my eyes since the first RB6. This one just looks plain.

As far as the game is concerned, co-op isn't gimped like in part 1. It's a real multiplayer co-op. The really cool thing in that you get to play your created character through the campaign this time. The first thing you do when you load the game is create a character. If you have the 360 Vision cam (and I assume the PS3 Eye), you can take pics of yourself and import your own face as the game character's skin... Pretty F'n cool.

The game controls well. Your computer controlled team is just about worthless. I kept trying to use CoD4's control scheme. It just feels more natural to me. The plot is your typical save the world plot. Nothing to write home about so far. All in all, so far it's an average shooter that I'd hardly call tactical. It's almost like this team goes out of it's way to not be tactical. Seems way more run and gun to me. They've adopted an XP leveling system strangely similar to CoD4's. as you kill enemies, you see a little "+5xp" in the bottom right corner. This leads to leveling of different skills and the unlocking of different weapons and gear.

Again, nothing new. Just average.

The one major complaint I have, is the enemy AI. Holy freaking stack of stupid. I don't think I've seen enemies this dumb since Army of Two (wait, that was a week ago). Seriously though. the enemies are *******es. It's annoying to see a guy sit that pinned down then go sprinting towards 4 heavily armed Rainbows for no reason.

UltraDol-Fan
03-17-2008, 10:56 AM
I'll probably be picking it up when it releases. From all the videos I've seen the AI does look really stupid, though. Good thing I won't be getting for single player.

Dolphin1184
03-17-2008, 11:14 AM
I'll probably go with Frontlines Fuel of War instead.

FinsNCanes
03-17-2008, 02:02 PM
Good thing it's geared more towards MP. What's so great about COD4 graphics anyways?

mor911
03-17-2008, 02:11 PM
Some PMs with Bruzer about this reminded me of something else... The has some really dumb things in it that makes it feel old and "last-gen" if that makes sense.

They often block off other ways to go in the level with something completely ridiculous. In one stage we found ourselves in a mall-like setting. The 2nd floor is literally flooded with enemies in perfect cover (for them). The rainbow team has to creep up the hallway and avoid death 30 time over to make it to the end of the hallway. Light goes on in Mor's head! Why don't we just keep going up the stairs and try the third floor. Wait... There's a vending machine tipped over in the way of the stairs. A VENDING MACHINE. So let's just jump over it. Wait... There's no ****ing jump button in RB6. *sigh* Let's just suck it up and make the least tactical sense while a movie-like soundtrack rolls.

Now I know I'm just nit picking. But it's gonna be $60 for folks who buy this. I'm not saying that it's not worth $60. I'm just saying this game isn't as influential as the first because a lot of good genre changing games have come out since then.

Bruzer
03-17-2008, 03:07 PM
Yea I have decided to cancel my preorder and going to rent it before I contemplate buying it now.

FinsNCanes
03-17-2008, 05:20 PM
Just a little nit picking I'd say..;)

No jumping? Oh no :)

Nobody should really be expecting anything really new outside the sprint feature and a few little things. It's either a good thing or a bad thing in some peoples eyes. Outside of the handful of useful perks in COD it's no real stretch in any direction for FPS.

mor911
03-18-2008, 08:49 AM
I played online last night. There was actually a few hundred people online. I did two team death matches. There were meh.

Playing multi player reminded me of another thing that's kinda standard in FPS today that RB6 doesn't have. MELEE. Close range battles end up looking like to tards running in circles with assult rifles because there's no melee.

FinsNCanes
03-18-2008, 12:44 PM
Melee just frusrates me more then helps me. It was in Halo and COD. Well..Halo's was bugged and COD's just seems to miss all the time or go through their shoulder.

mor911
03-18-2008, 12:59 PM
Not having a melee button just makes close combat dumb looking and awkward feeling. Then it's not a skill challenge anymore.. It's about who doesn't get disoriented as fast.

FinsNCanes
03-18-2008, 02:27 PM
Well..if you don't like the game just send it my way. It will save me 60 bucks.

I can live without a melee button. It's no worse than having people chuck grenades halfway across the map.

Stitches
03-18-2008, 02:31 PM
I say send him your disc Mor. :lol:

mor911
03-18-2008, 02:32 PM
i think i can send him mines

FinsNCanes
03-18-2008, 03:22 PM
:)

I'm being super serial.

Bruzer
03-18-2008, 03:28 PM
unless you got a modded xbox i think his copy would be worthless to you hehe.

FinsNCanes
03-18-2008, 04:35 PM
unless you got a modded xbox i think his copy would be worthless to you hehe.

Oh yeah..

Didn't think of that..

Phin-o-rama
03-18-2008, 05:04 PM
i think i can send him mines

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Regan21286
03-19-2008, 08:01 PM
If there's a Frys near you, you can get Rainbow Six Vegas 2 for 39.99 rather than 59.99. And if you want to, bring the newspaper clipping to a local Circuit City to get an extra 10% off.

FinsNCanes
03-20-2008, 01:15 PM
So..I like the game.

Are the graphics as good as COD4? No? Is the gameplay better? Depends on your style and the person really. I didn't play 1 so it's all a little fresh to me so I'm not sure why people are complaining that they didn't change much if the fact of the matter is most people liked 1? There a few minor things that need to be worked out and the "cover" glitch everyone talks about is easily fixed by shooting them through the cover. I happen to think if you bother with that glitch you get walked up on and/or shot anyways so it's really not a huge deal at all.

Anyone playing? I'll add you. I had quite a few people on here but went into hiatus playing COD on the ps3.

UltraDol-Fan
03-20-2008, 01:54 PM
I went to pick it up at Fry's and they were sold out, I'll try back later though. Not going to spend 59.99 when I know I can get it for 39.99

Regan21286
03-20-2008, 02:46 PM
I went to pick it up at Fry's and they were sold out, I'll try back later though. Not going to spend 59.99 when I know I can get it for 39.99

If you know a local Circuit City, they'll match the price and an extra 10% off if you have the newspaper clipping.

UltraDol-Fan
03-20-2008, 02:58 PM
I couldn't find the newspaper ad and it's not on their website :(

Regan21286
03-20-2008, 03:04 PM
I couldn't find the newspaper ad and it's not on their website :(

Usually Frys keeps extra copies in their store. If not, I found an online newspaper ad clipping from Dallas, which is how I learned about it, I dunno if that's close enough to your area.

http://shopping.dallasnews.com/ROP/ads.aspx?advid=2519&adid=5944931&subid=20473821&type=

UltraDol-Fan
03-20-2008, 03:39 PM
ah, I'm an idiot. They guy in the store said 5 pm too. So I guess that they are not selling them until then. I though he meant they were getting more at 5 pm. I actually work in Irving (Dallas), which is where the Fry's closest Fry's is.

PeaTearGriffin
03-20-2008, 06:24 PM
hmm i don't know if i want to pick this up...i had last years so if much hasn't changed i might as well stick to COD and the Show

SarahAnn
03-21-2008, 08:39 PM
If your thinking of getting this for its Multiplayer on PS3, I wouldnt recommend it until they patch em. It takes forever to get into a round and once you're in, you're just as likely to get dropped as you are to finish the round.

FinsNCanes
03-23-2008, 12:16 PM
People are going crazy on the RBS forums about the ps3 problems. I understand their frustration but does anyone remember when COD4 came out and XBL/IW, whoevers fault it was was down for DAYS and that lasted about a month or so.

Brown42000
03-23-2008, 02:25 PM
From what I have heard the PS3 online is complete crap no big deal for me as I don't play the game.

FinsNCanes
03-23-2008, 05:26 PM
From what I have heard the PS3 online is complete crap no big deal for me as I don't play the game.

I don't know where people get this from. I have both systems. Played both versions of COD4 on both systems and they both played the same. Only difference is XBL is a little more user friendly. After you get the hang of it though I prefer the setup of the ps3 outside of the friends system.

Sean
03-25-2008, 03:31 PM
Anybody else have it for Ps3? I love it, I rented it and almost beat it, I plan on buying it in the near future.

mor911
03-25-2008, 03:40 PM
I heard the multi player on the PS3 was completely hosed... Granted, not everyone plays mp.

QuenteK25
03-28-2008, 10:50 AM
Hey Mor, you have the Xbox Live Vision cam right? Have you tried the face mapping for this game?

mor911
03-28-2008, 12:25 PM
I did map my guy's face. Works much better than last year's. Hats off to RB6 for doing something with cameras!

QuenteK25
03-28-2008, 02:35 PM
Good stuff, just got a vision cam and I'm looking for some realistic uses for it. Other creating my wannabe Mor gamerpic growling at the camera :)

Probably gonna pick up the first Rainbow Six Vegas for cheap just to toy with the face mapping, then get this one when the price drops.

Dolphin1184
03-28-2008, 02:43 PM

If you are talking about CoD4, that is complete garbage. I have ZERO problems matching into rooms, especially after the last server fix. NONE AT ALL.

mor911
03-28-2008, 04:51 PM
Good stuff, just got a vision cam and I'm looking for some realistic uses for it. Other creating my wannabe Mor gamerpic growling at the camera :)

Probably gonna pick up the first Rainbow Six Vegas for cheap just to toy with the face mapping, then get this one when the price drops.Price?? I thought your machine was fixed....

QuenteK25
03-28-2008, 07:33 PM
Price?? I thought your machine was fixed....

It was, months back. But then Microsoft decided I shouldn't be allowed to play on Live with it anymore. So I bought a new one and didn't fix it. Instead I joined a game trading site/forum so I've been wheeling and dealing games on ebay and on that site to the point where I've spent about $45 and picked up about 6 games through it.

Biggest bang was finding Wii's for low prices locally and selling them on ebay. Extra work, but I wasn't sure I could keep up with all the new fixes I'd need to keep doing to stay on Live.

You have to keep updating your fixes?

mor911
03-28-2008, 09:42 PM
nope... just got firm that won't play unstealthed stuff. its the games that get yah

QuenteK25
03-28-2008, 11:00 PM
nope... just got firm that won't play unstealthed stuff. its the games that get yah

Oh really. Maybe I'll have to fix her again then. So you should be able to use it on live like that indefinitely?

mor911
03-29-2008, 05:46 PM
Oh really. Maybe I'll have to fix her again then. So you should be able to use it on live like that indefinitely?obviously nothing's certain. but i've been on life since the original ban, and i haven't changed my box at all

FinsNCanes
04-02-2008, 05:41 PM
Hate to say it..

I'm bored of the game already. Guess it's time to wait for Force Unleashed..or something. I'm sure that will be exchanged within a couple weeks though as well :shakeno:

It's unfortunate ME was so short.

QuenteK25
04-02-2008, 09:40 PM
Hate to say it..

I'm bored of the game already. Guess it's time to wait for Force Unleashed..or something. I'm sure that will be exchanged within a couple weeks though as well :shakeno:

It's unfortunate ME was so short.

Sure post this the day I order the game! At least it was free.

FinsNCanes
04-03-2008, 11:29 AM
Sure post this the day I order the game! At least it was free.

I played it last night. It's just hard to find a good game of people and that's what makes any online game enjoyable. I'm also a little pissed my rank got reset.