PDA

View Full Version : blueray/hd question

m i n o
03-16-2008, 02:51 PM
hey guys as yall know i got my ps3 last night. in order to take full advantage of the picture quality of the blue ray player does my tv have to be a hdtv/need a hd box if not a hdtv? and the hdmi cable is just for hook up to the "hd" t.v correct?

if yes is an answer to the first question can anyone give me any ideas on good ones to choose from? much appreciated.

bg34
03-16-2008, 04:53 PM
In order to take full advantage of HD with blu-ray, you'll need a tv that supports 1080p. No box will be needed, just hook it up with HDMI cable.

dolphan117
03-16-2008, 04:55 PM
Yes, you absolutly need an HDTV to take advantage of the next gen graphics from Blue Ray and PS3 games. Samsung, Sony, and Visio are all good brands for HDTV's with Visio probably being the cheapest.

dolphan117
03-16-2008, 05:00 PM
In order to take full advantage of HD with blu-ray, you'll need a tv that supports 1080p. No box will be needed, just hook it up with HDMI cable.
Yup, 1080P is what you need to take full advantage..... But there its hard to tell the difference between 1080P and 1080i, it just depends how much money you want to put into a new tv.

The number in the TV ratings designates the number of lines on the screen so 1080 means your TV will have one thousand eighty lines. The i and P stand for progressive and interlaced. A progressive scan TV updates every line continuously while an interlaced updates every other line, and then goes back and does the ones it missed.

m i n o
03-16-2008, 06:03 PM
thanks guys.