PDA

View Full Version : questions about madden 08

BobDole
03-18-2008, 11:13 AM
just have a few questions about madden that i haven't figured out and would really appreciate help.

how do you pause during a game?

why is it so much harder for players to progress?
last year it was after 4 games now it is like after the whole season.

how do you update to the current roster and progression? i don't know how to update at all.

thanks for the help.

BobDole
03-18-2008, 11:25 AM
anybody? my stupid friends don't know and there is no way i am gonna call EA.

CitizenSnips
03-18-2008, 11:49 AM
what system are you playing on? You can't update unless your connected to the internet.

Its harder for players to progress cause...thats what EA wanted.

How do you pause? the start button? I'm not trying to be condescending here, I just don't understand?

brandon27
03-18-2008, 01:45 PM
yeah you paus by pressing start

roster updates are through xbox live(if u have an xbox), in order to get them you have to actually go to the team selection screen of starting an online game, if you dont have the updated rosters, it will prompt you to download them... personally i think that sucks. i cant imagina how many people ive ticked off by starting a game, getting the rosters then leaving... sorry, but blame ea not me. hah

player progression is absolutely horendous. it not longer shows up after 5 games like you could it the past, it now happens only through doing the training drills before your games, and then at the end of the year when the game "evaluates" your players. and even when it does that, its just awful. Im in the 5th season with the dolphins, Beck has gone to the pro bowl for me in 4 of the 5 years, and his rating hasnt changed at all. its pretty sad...

hope that helped..

Greatness920
03-18-2008, 06:00 PM
i hate the player prgression system what i use to progress my player now mostly is training camp each week! i get 99 speed easy with the 40 yd dash drill i cant figure out the weight lifting its too hard for me but yea the start button pauses it usually. maybe urs isnt workin or somethin

BobDole
03-19-2008, 01:51 PM
thank you guys. and i am retarded - i meant how to save games during the game. i play pretty long games and ususally like to pack it up at half time and finish the next day - but i can't.

progression sucks. that blows.

updating rosters sucks, that blows.

also, what is with the HOF players? how do you use them?

have PS3 if that helps. thanks.

BobDole
03-26-2008, 10:51 AM
gonna repost this question due to my own stupidity. how do you save a game during a game? this is the most important question, which i fugged up before. would really appreciate a response because i am sick of leaving my ps3 on for 2 days to finish a game. thanks guys.